5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal

3 posters

Go down

GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal Empty GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal

Post  GloryCats Fri Nov 21, 2014 10:33 pm

Today is day 1, I'm so excited! Getting kind of hungry now, it's only 3:30 but I'm not scheduled to eat again until 6pm. If I can just get through Monday I know my hungerstat will cooperate with me. I'm using myfitnesspal to track my exercise and calories but I'd rather log everything on here too.

Exercise: 2 miles walk away the pounds (30 mins) + step aerobics with no step (30 minutes)
Lunch: 2 Oatmeal cream cookies (300 calories)
Dinner: milk chocolate bar (230 calories)

Total: 530 calories eaten, 414 calories burned

I haven't eaten dinner yet but if I deviate from the plan I'll come back and edit this post. My calories burned are taken from MFP and not an actual heart rate monitor so that could be completely off, I don't know. And yep, I am tracking my food calories as well, even though the diet doesn't call for it I just feel more comfortable knowing my exact intake. It's easy for me because I really only eat individual things, but if I ever end up eating out or something I won't stress over calories too much as long as I count my bites.

I'm going to go drown myself in water to try to kill my appetite Smile
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal Empty Re: GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal

Post  buffy2327 Sat Nov 22, 2014 1:21 am

Welcome and that's a great plan!!! I wish you luck on it! But you don't have to do all that exercise with this diet it will make you retain water Dr Lewis designed the plan so  you don't have to exercise because it was so tuff on his patients and you have a water gain. it's only 10x2 a day that's not much calories the weights gonna fall off by it self. I lost 61pounds in 2 months with No exercise but he said you can do cardio but you don't have do all that exercise the working out starts in the kitchen.

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal Empty Re: GloryCat's Diet and Exercise Journal

Post  GloryCats Sat Nov 22, 2014 6:42 pm

Wow, 61 pounds in 2 months is absolutely amazing! I need to head over to your food journal for some motivation!

Oh, I know exercise isn't required on this diet but honestly I LOVE exercise, it's been something I've been doing regularly for a very long time and I don't want to give it up Smile If it gets to be too much I'll cut back for sure but so far my energy is good. I'm really into exercise for my heart health more than weight loss, actually. I've also been diagnosed with depression and anxiety, I am no longer on medication and I attribute exercise to keeping my mood elevated and stable. I definitely notice a difference in my mood and energy if I don't exercise for a few days so it's really important for me to keep it up.

Speaking of exercise, this morning I did 45 minutes: 30 minutes of walk away the pounds (2 miles) followed by 15 minutes of kickboxing. Worked up a sweat and I felt great! I haven't eaten yet today but the plan is:

Lunch: 2 vanilla snack pack puddings (220 calories)
Dinner: honey bun (210 calories)

I don't know why I've been craving pudding of all things but it's really nice to know I can just have it and enjoy it and keep it moving! Last night I stuck to my plan, I went to sleep hungry but it was easy to ignore because I wasn't craving anything in particular. I didn't wake up hungry and had enough energy to get through my workout so I'm optimistic that I'll be successful today. I'm also working later and that helps me to avoid eating. Here's to an awesome day 2!
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  buffy2327 Sun Nov 23, 2014 12:54 am

That great!! that you love to exercise and If your doing it before don't stop and I've heard that when you do extra size it does make some people happier I'm rooting for you Very Happy

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Sun Nov 23, 2014 6:10 pm

I can't believe I'm on day 3 already! Yesterday went according to plan. I got hungry around 11pm but it was pretty easy to just ignore it. I don't know why I've really been craving sweets lately, usually I only crave salty foods, but once I eat my meal I feel fine and the craving completely goes away. After dinner last night I was actually full! I also drank 10 cups of water yesterday, I'm sure that helped.

This morning I worked out for an hour: 30 minutes of walk away the pounds (2 miles) immediately followed by 30 minutes of the Biggest Loser workout for men DVD. I'm a girl, but my upper body is pretty weak so it was a really good challenge and I worked up an awesome sweat. My meal plan for today is:

Lunch: 5 bites swiss rolls (200 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites milk chocolate bar (230 calories)

Yep, more sugar! I should probably go for healthier foods but my sweets are individually wrapped so it's impossible to accidentally overeat. Also, I'm craving it and I know that as long as I stick to 5 bites I'll lose the weight I want to. I really should add some protein, though. Oh, and I have to go buy a multivitamin tomorrow, I've forgotten to take them and I know it's important.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  buffy2327 Mon Nov 24, 2014 1:41 am

Your doing great bounce

buffy2327

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Mon Nov 24, 2014 9:03 pm

Thank you for the encouragement! Honestly, today is day 4 and I cannot believe how EASY it is already! I stuck to my plan yesterday with no problem at all. I only start thinking about food around 5:30pm but my dinner time is 6pm so it's all good. I had no hunger at all. I'm not craving any foods in particular. I feel like if I just keep going on autopilot I will reach my goal in no time! I totally overslept this morning, I had wanted to do an hour of exercise but I only had time to squeeze in half an hour. I'm just about to have lunch even though it's 2pm (I REALLY overslept since I didn't go to sleep until 8am!). I'm just starting to get a bit hungry but I haven't eaten in 20 hours so I think that's okay, and I know my 5 bites will be enough to satisfy me. Here's my day 4 plan:

Exercise: 30 minutes walk away the pounds (2 miles)

Lunch: 5 bites of oatmeal cookie and pudding (260 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Tue Nov 25, 2014 7:44 pm

Day 4 was another success! I did change up my menu, though. Instead of having a chocolate bar for dinner like I had planned I was craving something hot because it's so cold in my apartment, so I had a mini burrito (240 calories). Oh my goodness it was AMAZING. I will definitely pick up more of them today. I love that they are individually wrapped, so no accidental overeating. It's also the first proper protein that I've had since starting this diet and I was absolutely Stuffed! I don't know how I got so full after eating only 500 calories for the day but I am NOT complaining! I will definitely pick up some more mini burritos today, along with a multivitamin. This diet is so, so easyto follow, I am kicking myself for not starting sooner! Here's my day 5 plan:

Exercise: 30 minutes walk away the pounds (2 miles) + 20 minutes high intensity aerobics with toning

Lunch: 5 bites milk chocolate bar (230 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites burrito (240 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Wed Nov 26, 2014 7:27 pm

Yesterday was a success but man did I get hungry last night! It hit me out of nowhere! I didn't give in and eat but I really wanted to. I think the only reason I stayed strong was because I knew I'd have to write about it on here, and I don't want to have to document my failure. I added in a multivitamin last night which is the only thing I've done differently. I am thinking maybe the pill irritated my stomach and I mistook that irritation for hunger? If it happens again after I take my vitamin tonight I will be switching to gummies.

Today is day 6 and here's my menu:

Exercise: Tae bo amped (40 minutes)

Lunch: 5 bites honey bun (210 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites burrito (240 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Thu Nov 27, 2014 8:20 pm

Wow, I can't believe I made it to day 7! Today is Thanksgiving but all my family and friends are on the other side of the country so I'll be alone with my cat and spending the holiday like it's any other day. Maybe there is one good thing about being isolated on the holidays- no temptation Razz Hey, gotta look on the bright side, right? Yesterday went perfect, even though I've started coming down with a cold. I very rarely get sick so I am wondering if this drastic decrease in calories is lowering my immune system, or if it's just a coincidence. I started drinking hot tea (orange pekoe) with Splenda last night and I think I am addicted! I had 4 large 16oz mugs of it and it was SO nice to warm myself up, and completely killed my appetite/cravings. I would really like to drink some alcohol but I don't know how to incorporate it into this diet to have the most enjoyment balanced with the most success. I think I will finish out the rest of November alcohol free but maybe think about adding some planned cheat days in December.

Here is Day 7's plan:

Exercise: 30 minutes walk away the pounds (2 miles- I feel lazy today and don't want to do any more than the bare minimum)

Lunch: 5 bites mini burrito (240 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites swiss rolls (200 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Nov 28, 2014 4:07 am

Wow you are doing just amazing. Keep it going.. Wow Amazing!!!!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Fri Nov 28, 2014 9:13 pm

Thank you so much for the encouragement! Kind of in a rush so I'll keep this short. Yesterday (Thanksgiving) was perfect, no family or big meal to distract me. I'll start incorporating alcohol 2 days/month starting next month. Today's day 8 plan:

Exercise: 24 minutes Tae Bo basic

Dinner: 5 bites oatmeal cookie and pudding (260 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Nov 29, 2014 3:24 am

Great Job!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Sat Nov 29, 2014 7:58 pm

Thank you! And the weirdest part is I feel great! I wish I had a scale that worked, I would love to know exactly how much weight I've lost because I can definitely tell just by looking in the mirror that I'm doing something right. I've been going by how my clothes feel to track my progress. My first mini goal is to fit into my size 8 skinny jeans. Yesterday I tried on a pair of size 9s that I used to wear all the time when I was thinner (142-145lbs), they fit over my hips (which they didn't a few months ago) but they're about 3" away from being buttoned. Gotta work on this gut of mine! Yesterday I was really craving beer but I didn't give in. I can't wait to have a half pint of whiskey next week, I think the anticipation is making me want a drink.

Here's today's day 9 plan:

Exercise: 45 minutes walk away the pounds (3 miles)

Dinner: 5 bites strawberry shortcake roll
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:36 pm

I can't believe I made it all the way to day 10 on this diet! That's double digits! Yesterday went according to plan but for some reason I was SUPER hungry last night. I drank about 16 glasses of water but it didn't reduce my appetite. No idea what that was about, I think maybe because my sleep schedule is all off. Oh well, I didn't eat more that I was supposed to so I'm proud. I was also craving an egg and cheese biscuit, but the whole thing is 530 calories which is about how much I want to eat in an entire day, and I'm not sure if I am strong enough yet to just take 5 bites of something and then put the rest away, so I guess for now I will keep sticking to things that are individually packaged without too many calories so that I don't make an excuse and overeat.

Here's my day 10 plan:

GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Mon Dec 01, 2014 7:37 pm

Yesterday was perfect but maaaaaan I started getting hungry around 2am. I didn't succumb, just made myself a hot cut of tea with 0 calorie sweetener and then helped to distract me. I can't wait until I reach my work deadline so I can cut my hours back to normal, I know that's going to make it even easier to stick to the 5bd.

Today's day 11 plan:

Exercise: 24 minutes tae bo basic

Dinner: 5 bites honey bun (210 calories)

I might end up switching out something else for dinner, usually in the mornings I wake up craving something in particular so that's what I'll have, but I'm really not in the mood for any specific food today so I guess I'll see if that changes by tonight.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Tue Dec 02, 2014 10:27 am

Well it's 3am so I guess I'm technically on day 12. Man, I can't believe I am already a dozen days into this diet! I have a work deadline I have to reach by Wednesday morning so I've been pulling crazy hours and subsequently drinking a ton of Mio Energy to stay awake, but that has 0 calories. Unfortunately too much caffeine gives me really really bad heartburn so I just popped 2 antacids for a total of 10 extra calories in my day. I'm totally not even counting that, I look at it as medicine. I ended up having that honey bun for dinner and it was Divine.

Today's day 12 plan:

Dinner: 5 bites strawberry shortcake roll (240)

Note to self: don't buy any more strawberry shortcake rolls once I finish this box, they are way too sweet.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Wed Dec 03, 2014 8:06 pm

Today is the day I have my first drink in over 2 weeks! I am so nervous about screwing this up >.< I know if I don't learn how to moderate my drinking and related eating calories I'll just put on all the weight I lost (that's how I got fat in the first place) but it's still scary to think about failing. I'm going to drink on an empty stomach and then when I get the munchies eat my 10 bites for the day all at once. Hopefully that will be enough to stave off my appetite. Here's today day 13 plan:

Lunch: 1/2 pint whiskey (434 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites mini burrito + 5 bites swiss rolls (440)

In theory, if I stick to the plan I will definitely still be able to lose weight since I'll be taking in less than 900 calories. Now let's just see if I can stick to the plan!
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Dec 03, 2014 9:58 pm

I think if you do it this way it will be ok as on low carb diets they say have your drink on empty stomach so that you it burns off as sugar fast.. Very Happy

Have a great day!
Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Thu Dec 04, 2014 9:07 pm

Thank you for the support! Unfortunately I totally failed yesterday but I'm actually not upset over it because I think I learned from it and can do better next time (my next drinking day is scheduled for Christmas Eve). So I stayed on track until night time. I drank my half pint of whiskey, had my burrito and swiss rolls all by 5pm, and surprisingly I was not hungry. I think my problem was I didn't actually get drunk like I thought I would so I felt really dissatisfied. I was hoping to get a really strong buzz but I didn't, which made me disappointed and I started really, really craving another drink. I ended up caving and going to the store for a 40 around 9pm, and I also picked up a caesar salad wrap and a bag of Fritos honey bbq twists. You know, I wasn't even hungry. I think I just bought the food out of habit, because I always buy food when I go to that store. My total calories for the day ended up being 2,949 which is absolutely ridiculous >.<

So what I learned from this is, I shouldn't try to drink what I think is the best choice, if I am going to splurge I should just splurge on what really satisfies me or else I'm likely to have the better drink AND the bad drink, which is just wasted calories. Next time I drink I will have a 40 (740 calories) and my 10 bites of the day, I think that will satisfy me and it will still allow me to lose weight (I'll only consume under 1250 calories).

I can say I am really proud of myself for getting right back on track today. Normally if I have a drink I'll go on a bender for days, but my stomach hurts from too much food and my head hurts from too much booze and I actually look forward to getting back on track and continuing to drop weight. I'm an all or nothing dieter and in the past I think I would have convinced myself that I ruined my diet and I'd go off the wall and eat whatever I want, but now I'm understanding that even though I overate yesterday, all I have to do is stick to 5 bites today and according to my math, today will offset all the extra calories from yesterday and put me on a clean slate so I can continue losing again starting tomorrow. I don't really like the term "learning day" for when you have a cheat but I actually really did learn from yesterday so overall I'm totally fine with how everything happened and I'm excited to move forward Smile

Here is today's day 14 plan:

Lunch: 5 bites mini burrito (280 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites chocolate pudding (110 calories)
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Fri Dec 05, 2014 7:51 pm

Well, I'm happy to say it was really easy to get right back on track after my unexpected cheat on Wednesday. That's the first time in as long as I can remember that I've messed up on a diet and got right back on it instead of beating myself up over it and deciding to just pig out for days on end. I ended up eating my dinner just before midnight because I wasn't even hungry and I got so caught up with work I just forgot to eat. I didn't drink nearly enough water, but other than that I'm really pleased with how everything turned out.

Today's day 15 plan:

Lunch: 5 bites mini burrito (280 calories)
Dinner: 5 bites honey bun (210 calories)

GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  GloryCats Fri Dec 05, 2014 10:29 pm

I'm thinking of temporarily giving up exercise Sad I don't want to, but I've been doing 5 bites for two weeks and I am just not seeing the results I want to see. I've read that if you cut your calories too low and continue to work out it can stall your weight loss. I also saw it time and time again in my clients who exercised regularly (I used to be a weight loss consultant with Jenny Craig). For having been on this diet for 2 weeks I can honestly say I am really disappointed with my lack of results.

A few years ago when I was in the middle of my disordered eating I went on this pro-ana ABC diet and lost 12 pounds in 11 days eating 500 calories a day or less. Well, today is day 15 of eating 500 calories a day or less and I think I've lost maybe a couple of pounds? It's hard to say because my scale gives me a different reading all the time. Two weeks ago my measurements were 40-33-40. Today they are 40-32-40. I feel that is an absolutely pathetic lack of progress. When I did the 5 bite diet twice in the past the weight fell off me. Now it's not budging, and the only thing I'm doing differently is exercising 7 days a week. So, starting tomorrow I'm giving up exercise for two weeks to see if that makes a difference. If I don't start losing quicker I really don't know what I'll do next, but I refuse to starve myself and work out literally ever single day if it's not going to get me where I want to be.

Sorry this post is so negative, but it's incredibly annoying to be doing what you're supposed to be doing and not seeing the results you would expect to see :/ Hell, if I was okay with just maintaining my current weight I could have kept on drinking like a fish and eating nothing but crap.
GloryCats
GloryCats

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down