5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge

4 posters

Go down

Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge Empty Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge

Post  charlotte.willow Fri Dec 26, 2014 4:49 am

Hello everyone! My name is Charlotte Willow, but you can call me Charlotte, Charlie (Shar-lee), Willow or Willa. (As you can see, I have quite a variety of nicknames to go by.)  I just recently joined, hoping that creating an accountability thread would motivate me stick to this awesome diet. Cool I am 5'3 and currrently 121.9 lbs. My goal is to return to my low weight of 105 lbs (BMI 18.5). I got there before with this diet, but I was lured away by low carb diets and gained the weight back by binge eating. I found a low carb diet too restrictive anyhow, so I have learned my lesson: The five bite diet is the only diet that works for me!

Follow me on my 30 day challenge. I will update daily starting tomorrow. Feel free to join me if you'd like!

Edit: Oh, and Merry Christmas everybody. <3
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge Empty Re: Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge

Post  latha Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:51 am

Hi, I am Latha, I am going to join your challenge aswell. My goal is to lose 25 pounds in a month. I am going to try this diet.

Height - 5'3"
Weight - 165

Lets motivate each other and achieve our goals Smile

latha

Back to top Go down

Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge Empty Re: Charlotte's 30 Day Five Bite Challenge

Post  charlotte.willow Fri Dec 26, 2014 5:58 am

latha wrote:Hi, I am Latha, I am going to join your challenge aswell. My goal is to lose 25 pounds in a month. I am going to try this diet.

Height - 5'3"
Weight - 165

Lets motivate each other and achieve our goals Smile

It's nice to meet you, Latha! Thanks for joining me. This diet is absolutely wonderful. I wish you great success. Smile
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  charlotte.willow Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:00 am

Posting some quotes from Lewis's book as a source for inspiration.

"Your fat is just a reserve tank of fuel. Similar to an automobile that may have a reserve tank of gas, your body stores its reserves as fat.
"Your car does not care whether the gasoline it uses comes from the pump or from a reserve tank. Your body does not care whether the sugar it uses comes directly from food or from your fat. Gas is gas, sugar is sugar, and fat is sugar.
"Realistically, then, if you have a reserve of fat (sugar) in your body, why do you even need to eat?" (page 36).

"Food is only memorable for the few minutes that it is sitting in front of you and for the even shorter time it spends tantalizing your taste buds. Then it is quickly forgotten. The ephemeral memories of pleasure are quickly replaced by guilt. Yet at each passing meal, you robotically finish what sits before you, hardly appreciating the taste of the food you consume." (page 49)

"Furthermore, until your weight is lost, I want you to suspend the enjoyment of eating. It requires a lot of concentration and discipline to sit down and only eat five bites. Following this program may, in fact, be more difficult than executing your other daily responsibilities. Think of eating as a chore—something that requires diligence and perfection—until the weight is off. Imagine that you are putting on a performance every time you eat, and that you are being judged by how perfectly you adhere to five bites." (page 93).

"First and foremost, remember why you started the race. You envisioned yourself thin. Do not become content with success that falls short of completion. Endure the monotony and inconvenience of eating an exact number of bites, avoid complacency, stay focused, and sprint for the finish line. A trophy of unsurpassed fitness, energy, and health awaits you." (page 105)

"Consume your five bites in less than one minute and immediately throw the remaining food away." (page 105)

"Being slim is far more filling than gorging on food." (page 106)

"Tomorrow you will not remember the food that you ate—or didn't eat—today, so dump it." (page 107)

"Several of my patients have had success eating only one type of food for a week and then switching to a new substance the following week. The goal here is to make eating monotonous and boring. There will come a time when you can once again digest a full culinary experience." (page 108)

"Your own health is the most important aspect of your life. Once you perfect it, you can move forward, empowered like never before, to optimize other facets of your life." (page 108)

Oh boy. This doctor makes me laugh. Never before have I met anyone so passionate about weight loss cheers
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  charlotte.willow Fri Dec 26, 2014 6:23 pm

Day 1
Weight: 120.1 lbs

Intake
Five bites of a Black Cherry Almond Clif bar
Five bites of a White Chocolate Macadamia Nut Clif bar
A multivitamin

Day 1 has been successfully completed. I am feeling so determined to get through these 30 days Smile Hope everyone is having a lovely day.
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  charlotte.willow Fri Dec 26, 2014 7:22 pm

Here are some of my favorite tips to help me stick to this diet. Hope it helps some of you as well. Smile

• Remind yourself that people eat for two reasons: two satisfy hunger, or to taste a particular food.
• Exercise when you're feeling unmotivated. It will keep your head in the game, and it's a great mood booster—especially when you know you're helping your body burn more fat! I personally love to dance to my favorite music. ^^
• Remember how fed up and disappointed you would feel to go through Days 1-3 if you mess up. Again.
• Observe how quickly the taste leaves you after each bite. Now, is that extra bite going to be worth the colossal guilt you'll immediately feel afterwards?
• Nothing tastes better than the satisfaction you'll get from persevering even in the face of physical pain and mental anguish. Stay determined, think of the number on the scale tomorrow, and just do it.
• Find something that will motivate you. Something that will break you down and build you up, so you weren't the same person who kept failing. But it must come from yourself.
• The body does what the mind tells it to do. It can't do anything without your consent.
• The more you do something, the better you become at it. Likewise, five-bite dieting won't be a struggle forever. Remember how quickly your body adapts to any routine when you stick to it.
• Get to your goal weight now. Enjoy food later.
• There will never be a perfect moment to begin a diet. So come on! Start now. Your new life is waiting!
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Sun Dec 28, 2014 3:01 pm

I Like it that you posted some motivation from the book. How easily we forget when we sit in front of a plate of delicious food. Thank you!

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee Sun Dec 28, 2014 7:53 pm

Hi charlotte, you are on a roll! I just joined the forum today and plan to lose 25 pounds in 5 weeks, but I already started Friday before I joined the forum. Thanks for posting quotes from the book.

I haven't read the book, so for me  it's very motivating and inspiring.
I love this one "Tomorrow you will not remember the food that you ate—or didn't eat—today, so dump it." It reminds me of not having a clue what I ate for the last two days for lunch, and it took a longer time to think of what I ate on Friday, still not sure what I had for lunch that day. So it does ring true.

I plan to follow your progress everyday. Keep it up! YOU CAN DO IT!!! cheers  The food will get more easier to dump, more often than not.

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  charlotte.willow Mon Dec 29, 2014 1:49 am

Thanks everyone! I lost three pounds on my first day, but I had to stop because my family suddenly decided that we were going on a trip to Nevada. I'm afraid I will have to postpone this challenge for a while. Sad But I wish you both success and I am looking forward to seeing your results. Just keep on Smile
charlotte.willow
charlotte.willow

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Mon Dec 29, 2014 3:47 am

Have fun in Nevada. I hope you go to Las Vegas also

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  RheeRhee Mon Dec 29, 2014 10:33 am

Enjoy your trip. Congrats to your 3 pound weight loss! See ya when you get back :-)

RheeRhee

Back to top Go down

Post  latha Mon Dec 29, 2014 2:59 pm

Enjoy your trip Charlotte. I couldn't stick to my diet for last 3 days, its a fresh start today.
I havent read this book, could anyone tell me if coffee with milk allowed in this diets. I am addicted to coffee,need my coffee atleast 2 times a day to keep me going.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Mon Dec 29, 2014 9:43 pm

Coffee with milk is not allowed. However, some people, including myself do it anyway, just not a lot. It slows your weight loss, but I rather take that then have only black coffee. I am working on the black coffee thing still.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  latha Tue Dec 30, 2014 12:11 am

Thank You. I should cut down to 1 cup atleast for now.

latha

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down