5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

+15
mommieof2
ilovelife
spryng
Dmac
thinderella
Readyforchange
Lyra
rubywong
tijoni
3jaysmom
teaismyhappyplace
Phil
starbucks addict
Jenny P.
LemonLime
19 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Post  LemonLime Thu Jul 08, 2010 2:21 am

July 07, 2010 -245
ok im starting the 5 bite diet tomorrow!!!! im so excited. my starting weight is 245. im 5'4". not good. i figure that the lowest my weight could be without me being underweight is 108. so i think that anywhere between 110-120 should be a good place to land. ITS ON LIKE DONKEY KONG!!!!!!! Mad Mad Mad
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty Re: LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:16 am

Woohoo! Welcome to the race!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty first day - 244

Post  LemonLime Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:22 pm

yay!!!!! i lost a pound today!!!! i told ya it was on!!!! so any way, this morning I had breakfast because i was going to be at work at lunch time so i knew i wouldn be able to eat lunch. i had 10 baby carrots, 2 per bite. so i was doing really well and then i get to work and im almost done and the family i work with just starts loading me up with food. Sad Sad Sad First the lady of the house gives me some sweet tea and i drink it not to be rude. Then the man of the house gives me a miller high life Mad Mad Mad i drink it too not to be rude. so in my mind im like im not going to eat anything else today because i had those two calorie drinks. then the give me two whole cantalopes, tomatoes, squash, and cucumbers to take home with me. Shocked Shocked Shocked I am very appreciative but im like how am i going to eat it all just eating ten bites a day. I think what i will do is cut up the cantalopes and put them in the fridge. i will prepare the veggies and freeze them then when im ready to eat them ill thaw them out. well i am glad that i lost a pound anyway. pirat O and the lady of the house also gave me 9 bite sized hershey's nuggets. What a Face What a Face Can anyone say delicious desert bite after four bites of dinner for nine days???
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty Re: LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!!

Post  starbucks addict Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:23 pm

Congrats on your loss Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty Dude...

Post  LemonLime Fri Jul 09, 2010 12:43 am

dude i totally lost control this afternoon. I got home from work and totally lost my mind!!!!! so much for doing good Embarassed . ima try again tomorrow tongue .
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:12 pm

LemonLime welcome!

don't worry too much about falling off the wagon (i'm still trying to get it right! thats why i havent been on much, i've been too ashamed :S hehe) but like u said you just have to try again!

Good luck!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:25 pm

haha lemonlime thats the hard part about this diet, staying on it. but once u get ureself in a habit to make it work, it will be much easier.

i know ur goal is kinda big and its going to take time, but i also am pretty sure that uve researched about this diet just like the rest of us did at the start!!!! so u know the first 3-4 days are the hardest!!!! i think that maybe u should make 5 days of good behavior ur first goal. its friday now, be like- okay im going to stay on this diet 100% according to the rules until say tuesday. Weigh in as much as u like- ull see the initial lbs just drop off which is a great motivator! after those 5 days ur body will be adjusted and u can continue on.

best of luck!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:57 pm

it's happened to everyone. I don't know why, but going crazyand eating everything is a huge problem with this diet. I guess it's just hard for us mentally to eat so little food everyday.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty Day One....again??? (Second day one)

Post  LemonLime Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:28 pm

ok today i did fantastic Laughing !!!!!!!! I have been eating 5 bites for breakfast and 5 bites for supper. this morning i ate 5 bites of cantalope and this evening i ate 4 bites of hot dog and one bite of cheese. i got hungry again and i just drank a cup of coffee with splenda Cool Cool Cool . i feel great pirat pirat pirat !!!! i think its on like donkey kong... for real this time!!!! Mad Mad Mad
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty advice for people with "more" to lose

Post  3jaysmom Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:35 pm

Hi, I also have a bigger goal than most on here, I am halfway to my 80 pound loss goal. This diet works, but everyone has to find a way to make it work for them. If you only have 20 or so pounds to lose, you can probably be super strict and get it off quick. If you have a lot more to lose, it will take time, so you need to modify it so it can be done for the long term (this is not what dr lewis suggests, but its helped me lose 40+ pounds so far!) If you've read this on other posts, forgive me, but here is my advice to anyone trying to lose more than 25 lbs on this diet:

-do the diet "to the letter" for 2 weeks. It's only tough for the first few days, then it gets easy. I lost 15 pounds (if I remember correctly) in the first two weeks. I found that the special k meal bars made it easier for the first few days while getting used to it

-once you get past those weeks, your stomach will shrink, so what I did was "maintain" for the next few weeks by having 3 five bite meals during the weekdays of ANYTHING I WANT. I didn't worry about eating healthy at this point, I just needed to keep to portion controll and ate what I wanted so i wouldnt feel deprived and end up binging. Then, I would take FRi, Sat and Sun "off" , I would not worry about a few margaritas here and there, and I wouldnt really worry about counting bites while out with friends and family. The great thing is, you honestly cant eat that much as long as you listen to your body. If you binge, you will puke. Trust. Several of us have experienced this, and it sucks.

-Over the "maintain" weeks, weight will typically go up a few pounds from the weekend, and then go down after mon or tues. Its no big deal. I feel like doing this is important so I know I'm not just doing this in vain, this is probably how I will maintain for life, and it doesn't bother me at all. When I feel like eating, I do. When I dont, I 5bite

-when I feel like I'm ready (usually after a few weeks) I go strict 5bites twice a day, and do that untill I lose 10 pounds (1 week, typically)

-Rinse, Lather, Repeat lol

sorry this is long, but I feel like people who have more than just a few to lose have to do this differently from everyone else to keep themselves from going into past bad habits, and knowing that you can maintain has kept me motivated. Who cares if you lose 60 pounds if its impossible to keep off?! Being strict for 3 months straight just isnt realistic, and doesn't teach you how to eat in moderation, at least for me. Now, even on my "off days", I probably eat 25% of what I used to. If I eat even 50%, I feel full and awfull. Doing it this way, I've lost an average of 12 pounds a month with VERY little effort, aside from the first few weeks. This diet is the best!!

Oh, I also lift weights three times a week, and cardio 3-5. I dont really attribute any weight loss to this, because I have been doing that for over a year before 5bite without any loss. But, it might make a difference in keeping my metabolism up?. I have no clue, but I wanted to give you the full picture.

Good luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:58 pm

thats excellent advice, and i completely agree that its different when ur goals are of different spectrums, u have to plan ur attack. 3jaysmom has had HUGE success so the lady knows what shes doing... im STILL amazed by numbers like 40 lbs of loss... sheesh- u must feel like a night and day difference in just not having to hold onto all that weight- ur knees and hips are thanking u, and will continue to thank u every day that ur not hurting as u age!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty re: advice paragraph

Post  LemonLime Sat Jul 10, 2010 12:09 am

I think what im going to do is see how much i lose when going 2 weeks straight and then ill decide whether i'll maintain or not. i really need to lose this weight fast so i can join the airforce. i absolutly have to quit my current job ASAP!!!!!! my job sucks A$$!!!!!!!! I thank you for the advice!!!! its great and i will consider it but i really have to get this weight off fast!!!!! its either lose the fat or lose my mind here... and i would prefer to lose the fat...
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty Second Day!!!!! Yay!!!!!

Post  LemonLime Sat Jul 10, 2010 4:17 am

yes i made it to the second day!!! cheers so starting on the (second) first day i weighed 245 again and going into the second day i am 243. 2 pounds!!!! pretty good for one day!!!! ok i think that im going to sleep now so that i dont mess up. its like 12:15 in the morning so nite nite!!!!
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sat Jul 10, 2010 5:34 am

Phil and I are going to hit this hard! Want to joing us? I was thinking if a whole group of us worked together consistently for like 2 weeks with no mercy we will all be ten lbs lighter at the end of it. Wouldn't that be awesome!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty HECK YEAH!!!!!! IM DOWN!!!!!

Post  LemonLime Sat Jul 10, 2010 10:46 am

Yeah Jenny sign me up for going hard Mad Mad Mad !!!!! so guess what?? its still my second day and i just woke up from sleeping through the night and i got on the scale again, this is just six hours from my last post...... i weigh 240 pounds Shocked Shocked Shocked !!!!!! so, so far, i have lost 5 pounds and im just at the beginning of my second day Cool Cool Cool !!!!! remarkable!!!! so what i think im going to do is weigh at the beginning of everyday when i wake up. so today i weighed at 12:15am and 6am. ima just start weighing at 6am when i get up. so far i have only eaten breakfast and that was 5 bites of cantalope.
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty uh oh....

Post  LemonLime Sat Jul 10, 2010 1:04 pm

Ok anyone feel a little nausous the first few days??? im feeling ready to toss my cookies (cantalope) pale pale pale . i havent yet, thank God. what does that mean??? the nauseous feeling??? does it me that im doing something my spoiled brat body doesnt like and its throwing a temper tantrum pirat pirat pirat ??? i suspect so... all i got to say to my body is TOO BAD!!!! DEAL WITH IT Mad Mad Mad !!!!!!!
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Sat Jul 10, 2010 11:41 pm

5 pounds in 2 days! you go girl!!! Laughing

Yip I have little headaches during the day. Maybe its just the body getting used to less food or most people get headaches during detox (I have read somewhere that fat harbours alot of toxins so maybe when you loose it goes away? Im just making a guess don't quote me on this!)

Maybe try uping your water intake and STAY STRONG! you can do it! dont give into temptation!!! Think of how well you have done so far!
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Sun Jul 11, 2010 3:13 am

Totally. Drink lots and lots of water to help with that. Plus water will help with the weight loss. Drink like 4 liters. Way to go on the weight loss! imagine how much you will lose after 10 days! 20 days! at this rate. Won't it be awesome to be below 200?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  LemonLime Sun Jul 11, 2010 5:46 am

Heck yeah!!!!! i havent been under 200 ponds since my freshman year in highschool.
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty HOLY CRAP....

Post  LemonLime Mon Jul 12, 2010 2:37 am

I cant believe how much ive messed up the last two days. Shocked I have been eating my ass off!!!!!!!!!! meatballs, hot dogs, lasagna, bread, salad, and cereal. i stepped on the scale today and i still weight the same??? how can that be??? i still weigh 240. so i guess tomorrow i am going to start with you guys. i think that im going to water fast though because some thing crazy happened to me that made me fly off the handle. ok. here is the story. so im bathing this lady that i work with and i keep smelling doo doo so i think o maybe she took a crap earlier and didnt wipe herself and i think ok ill wash her up really good and then i wont smell the doo doo anymore. so i wash her down with soap and then go to rinse her off in the shower and i kick and step on something and i look down to see what it is. THE GIRL SHITTED ON THE FLOOR!!!!! AND I STEPPED IN IT!!!!!! so now im like i dont care if i have to starve myself and work out everyday i have to quit that job and join the airforce. what made me so mad was not that she shitted on the floor like an animal or even the fact that i stepped in it. It was because WE WERE IN THE FUCKING BATHROOM!!!!!!!!!! the toilet is right there!!!!!!!! the girl is potty trained. she knows when she has to shit!!!!!!!! DAMN I HATE MY FUCKING JOB AND THE ONLY WAY TO QUIT IT IS TO LOSE WEIGHT!!!!!!
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:04 am

That sucks!!!! we have all had bad weeks that drove us to eat alot....If you want to read mine its in my journal. It involves running into an ex boyfriend and him thinking I was pregnant. It was not good. I am glad you are joining us. I think the next two weeks will go really well. I have some goals too. I really want to run a marothon and it is really hard right now to run for miles and miles with all of this fat weighing me down. I used to be able to run 8 miles in an hour with out breaking a sweat. I really want to get back there. Bummer about the binge, get right back on the horse. I don't know if I recommend fasting tomorrow. I did that a bit and it is really easy to get into a binge fast binge fast binge cycle, which is no way to live...You may lose weight but it reaks havoc on your body plus its not a good habit. Try to stick to the five bites and just keep it up. Fasting will make you crave food but at least with the five bites you will get to eat something yummy or healthy or high fiber, really anything you want but thats the piont. A little bit of food is way more satisfying than no food and you will probably be able to maintain that longer. Plus you want to work on developing a healthy relationship with food for when you are aren't needing to diet any more.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jul 12, 2010 3:05 pm

I didn't realize that you had a reason for a specific timeline for your weightloss. In that case, go for it! I was in the army before I had kids, so trust me, I know that if you lose the weight and go into the airforce, you will maintain because you will have no choice, lol. What is the weight requirement to get in? When I went to basic for the army, (I was already thin and in really good shape) I lost 10 pounds in the 12 weeks we were there. Nothing like extreme stress from a drill seargent to melt away those pounds! Very Happy

Good Luck!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty keep your head up

Post  tijoni Tue Jul 13, 2010 2:16 am

Sorry you had such a bad day. I hope things get better, and just turn all that disgust with your job into energy to lose weight. We are all pulling for you!

tijoni

Back to top Go down

LemonLime's AWESOME 5 BITE EXPERIENCE!!!!! Empty SOOOOOO..OOO....OOOOOO.....OOOO...

Post  LemonLime Mon Aug 02, 2010 3:40 pm

so i know that i fell off the edge of the world for a while but now im back. I tried a lot of different diets during my time away and i think that this is the diet that i have to go back to because i was actually able to do it. so yay im back on the five bite. i weigh 246 on the dot as of 3 seconds ago and im ready to melt some fat away Mad Mad Mad so lets get crackin Mad Mad Mad !!!!!

BWT... my goal weight loss for this week is 10 pounds. doable on the five bite and at my weight.
LemonLime
LemonLime

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Tue Aug 03, 2010 10:45 pm

Welcome back and best of luck this week. I just started the 5BD today. We can do this together!
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next