5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dani's Daily Journal

+4
Jenny P.
rachee08
hgoldens
Dani
8 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Dani's Daily Journal

Post  Dani Tue Apr 27, 2010 2:20 pm

Ok...day 1. So far it's a little rocky. I'm not used to skipping breakfast. So, I got coffee as soon as I got to work. It is really helping. I use Splenda and fat free creamer, so very little substance. I read that coffee is a great appetite suppresant, so I may be drinking a lot of coffee Very Happy . I did cheat a little. I had some Mike & Ike's left over and I snacked on them for a while...not many though. Now they are all gone and I won't be replacing them. I am meeting my husband for lunch at Quizno's, but you can get small sandwiches there. I will just have to count out my 5 bites and stop. I already told my husband about this system, but even though he is skeptical, he will support me. I think he is curious about whether or not it will work. He doesn't have to diet and has been with me through several different non-working diets. So...fingers crossed for stopping at 5 bites for lunch. I'll worry about supper when I get there. I'll update again later. Hmmm...this journal thing might be bad...I think I might end up writing on here a LOT hehe.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Re: Dani's Daily Journal

Post  hgoldens Tue Apr 27, 2010 3:24 pm

I think coffee is an appetite supprasant...usually if I get my coffee I won't be hungry for hours. Day 1 for me was semi ok...I broke down and had a couple handfulls of chips at night, Day 2 for me was super super hard I know I went over the 5 bites for lunch and dinner. But I just wanted to tell you that day 3 is already better than day 2

Keep it up....it definately gets better!!!! Good luck!!!

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:36 pm

I made it through lunch yesterday with eating only 5 bites. I was very proud of myself. At about 3:30, though, I started feeling really nauseous and having stomach pains. I decided my body was getting angry. So, I ate a 100 calorie snack pack and I felt extremely better. At supper I had 5 bites of my chicken salad sandwich. I am calling yesterday a success.

Today, day 2, has started off well. No breakfast and 32 oz of water so far. I don't like drinking water much, but I bought some Hawaiian Punch Sugar-Free packets and they make the water taste REALLY good.

I have decided to weigh myself on the morning of day 4. I don't want to do it too early, just in case it's just water weight, etc.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:41 pm

Yeah Dani!!! Great job. Day one was ok for me and I know I went over my bites, day 2 was horrible...I had headaches all day...I managed to get through it and day 3 was way way better than day 1 and 2...People are right it does get easier. Great job keep it up!!!

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:06 pm

Thanks!!! I thought today was going to be worse, but I'm pretty good right now. I had coffee and water this morning and 5 bites of my left over sandwich for lunch. Being busy at work helps, too. I just have to get through one more meal. It should be okay because I am going to a cookout at my husband's work and they are serving seafood and crawfish. I don't like either. I will get to much on something small when I get home and then start all over again in the morning. I'm glad to hear your day 3 was better. It gives me hope! What day are you on now?

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:00 pm

Ok...so I thought I was gonna do well yesterday at the cookout, but they had BBQ and it's my favorite food ever. So, I ate. I'm not going to feel bad about it. I'm just going to keep going. I ate breakfast instead of lunch today (only 5 bites) and I'm going to drink water and coffee until supper to keep me feeling full. I'm cooking tonight, so I will stay busy when I get home. I eat when I'm bored, so staying busy is important.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:35 pm

oh yeah... BBQ is the devil. lol it ALWAYSSS throws me off, I try to avoid it or get a sandwich and remind myself that the 6th bite won't taste better than the 1st 5 and BBQ will be there when I'm done. lol I don't really need a whole sandwich, some slaw, a sweet potato (w/ brown sugar & butter of course lol), baked beans (cooked in brown sugar, again...), garlic or corn bread and a gallon of sweet tea. lol I could eat 1/2 a sandwich and be fine... but I just can't make myself NOT be selfish and go after the taste... I'm trying to see food as fuel and distract myself after I "fuel up" w/ my bites, (I do slightly more than 5).

Ya know they say 11 days makes a habit... so if you can follow it PERFECTLY for 11 days, it'd become 2nd nature... lol good luck w/ that though! This thing works, but its toughhh! Wink

But that being said, I try and have a glass of OJ or choc. milk when I feel shakey and have a headache because the doc said that the liquid won't stretch your stomach out again as its trying to restrict, I know some of us even still have a soda or sugar free redbull, etc. If you can fight through it 1 or 2 times your body gets used to it. its just so used to being filled w/ food all the time now. Rolling Eyes stupiddd thinggg, lol but in the book it says that's just energy being pulled from your fat stores so until you get used to fat being used instead of food to keep ya goin, it'll be icky feelin'... hence the 1st 3 days of grossness. lol

GOOD LUCK TODAY GUYSSSS!!!
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:49 pm

Thanks for telling of your experiences. It helps a lot. I'm doing surprisingly well right now. I had my half of a danish (5 bites) and coffee this morning and I'm still not hungry and it's noon here. I may have to think about having breakfast and dinner instead of lunch and dinner. I'm not shaky or anything. Either way...5 more bites to go today. I can do this!!!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Fri Apr 30, 2010 12:07 am

At about 2, I started feeling sick, so I ate a granola bar. Then for supper I had 5 bites. That equals 13 bites for the day. It's much better than yesterday! I call day 3 a success. Smile

Dani

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Way to go!

Post  Jenny P. Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:08 am

Isn't it nice when you kind of get in the swing of things?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty so great

Post  Phil Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:30 am

Dani! you have been doing soooo well! keep it up Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:13 pm

Thanks guys!!! It's day 4, so I weighed my self this morning. Down 1.5 lbs!

4/27/10 170.0
4/30/10 168.5

I'm so excited! It's working! And it's getting easier every day.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Way to go!

Post  Jenny P. Fri Apr 30, 2010 2:44 pm

Keep up the good work Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Day 5

Post  Dani Sun May 02, 2010 2:36 pm

Yesterday I weighed myself. I'm so proud! I lost another 2 lbs! I'm not weighing myself today because I ate too much yesterday. I'll wait until tomorrow morning to see if I can make up today for yesterday.

4/27/10 - 170.0
4/30/10 - 168.5
5/1/10 - 166.5

I have been reading everyone's posts and you guys are doing so well!!! Keep up the good work! It's getting easier with each day Very Happy

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  walkerlori Sun May 02, 2010 2:57 pm

Congratulations! Smile
walkerlori
walkerlori

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko Sun May 02, 2010 3:45 pm

That is Awesome. Congradulations
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Wonderful

Post  Phil Sun May 02, 2010 11:00 pm

Dani,

That is such an AMAZING achievement!!!!

Congratulations!!!

So proud!

Keep up the good work Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Day 8

Post  Dani Tue May 04, 2010 3:11 pm

Well, day 5 and day 7 didn't go so well. It's that time of the month and all of my motivation went out of the window. I'm not weighing myself for a few days so I don't get too discouraged. I did find a meal bar that I like to eat for lunch. It's the Special K Meal bars. They seem to satisfy me pretty well if anyone has or wants to try them. The chocolate one is tasty.

So, today was chocolate milk this morning and coffee now. Lunch will be a meal bar and supper will be a lean pocket, but only 5 bites of it. I just have to keep myself away from the animal crackers when I get home after work Very Happy

4/27/10 - 170.0
4/30/10 - 168.5
5/1/10 - 166.5
5/3/10 - 165.0

Total: 5.0 lbs lost

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko Tue May 04, 2010 7:54 pm

thats still amazing. In one week with my period I now have only lost 1lb. but its okay. I will be really really strict so I can get the most out of the time of month and lose more. Very Happy

You are doing so great!
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Start Over

Post  Dani Mon May 10, 2010 7:07 pm

Ok...I'm starting over. Long story short...last week really sucked. Period is over, issues have been settled, and it is a Monday. I am calling today Day 1 (again).

Weight: 166.5
Breakfast: Fat free milk with Nesquik to take my multivitamin with
Lunch: Fiber One bar (was only 3 bites)
Snack: Some Mike and Ikes (They are a weakness...at least they are fat free)
Supper: Will be one slice of a medium pizza

I feel bad for getting off track, but I only gained 1.5 lbs back. It really hit me this weekend when we took my mother-in-law out to Olive Garden for Mother's Day and I got so full that I threw up. I never throw up. I only ate one bowl of salad, 2 breadsticks, and half of my soup. I think the 2 glasses of tea didn't help, either. I'm so used to eating a whole bowl of salad, at least half a bowl of pasta, and 2-3 breadsticks. I didn't realize that my stomach has shrank so much. After the candy this afternoon, I'm really full. Maybe it will last until supper and I won't want anything.

Well, have to go to the doctor's office this afternoon. Maybe when she weighs me and sees that I'm down 14 lbs from the last time I was there (December), it will motivate me more.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Dani's Daily Journal Empty Day 2

Post  Dani Tue May 11, 2010 2:49 pm

Wow...my doctor was soooo happy that I had lost weight. I was on a plateau the last time I saw her. That is definite motivation for me. Even the nurses commented. My new Day 1 went well....now for Day 2 which is going well so far.

I am going to Hawaii in August, so now I have a goal date for my goal weight. August 1. l have to look good in a 2-piece! That's my goal anyways...

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Sun May 23, 2010 10:02 pm

I can't believe it has been almost 2 weeks since I last posted. I had posted that I was restarting the diet, but I never really did. The bad news is that I could have been losing weight the last 2 weeks, but I haven't. The good news is that I haven't gained any back. So...I'm hoping that for the team weigh-in tomorrow, I will still be at 165. Having so many people on our team and having friendly competition is going to be great! I won't let you guys down! Laughing

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 2:23 am

Wow, Dani I have been going through the exact same thing. I was doing moderately well then I decided to start over and then I didn't....I haven't been back in a while. But I think its great you are getting back on the horse again. Today was definately a day 1 for me but its nearly over now and I have stayed on track. We just need to hang in there and get through the three days. I feel bad also about how much time I have waisted. But there is no time like the present to get back on track. Smile I am deffinately nervous abou the team weigh in tomorrow.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani Tue Jun 08, 2010 3:45 pm

Well...no weight loss or gain, but be warned...I'm about to sound pretty depressing. You may want to turn away...

So...last week has to have been one of the WORST weeks of my entire life. And that says something compared to a few others I have had that were pretty bad. It started off with my husband going on a business trip for the week. I hate it when I'm home all by myself. Well, the day after he left I ended up in the emergency room. My upper right back muscle decided to get inflamed and it hurt so bad that I could hard take a breath. So, alone and in pain. Next, my anxiety medicine decided to stop working. I have pretty bad anxiety and use medicine to help. When it stopped helping, I became panicky too often and worried nonstop. So, I went to my doctor to see what we could do about it. She switched me to something new. So, I took the new medicine on Friday and went to work. It didn't work, but instead made me very nauseous. Later that morning I was called in to my boss' office. He informed me that they had decided to cut my position and I only had 2 weeks left to work there. Now imagine this: My back hurts, I'm nauseous and anxious, and then he tells me this. I'm surprised I didn't have a full blown panic attack. So, I went home and felt like a failure and cried all day.

Brian finally came home later that evening. He informed me that me losing my job is no big deal and I should take some time to find something I enjoy. I got to hang out with friends and family all weekend. My anxiety medicine started working and my back felt completely better by the end of the weekend. It's crazy how things can completely turn around from bad to good. I truly feel blessed to be able to say that everything is fine now and I'm looking forward to a better week.

So...here I am another week behind on my weight loss, but I weighed myself this morning and I am still at 165. I don't think it is a complete loss. I am still 35 pounds from my goal, but at least I know I haven't been gaining back the weight that I am losing. It's just time to get back on the wagon. I did really well yesterday. I only ate my 10 bites and I drank lots of water...about 48 oz. I also went to a new pilates class that kicked my butt. I absolutely love it and may go 3 times a week. Today, I am also doing well so far. I haven't eaten yet (it's not quite lunch time) and I'm feeling pretty good emotionally.

Well, thanks for letting me vent and get all of my thoughts out here. Most of you are complete strangers, but it really does feel like a community. My next post should be a lot more uplifting Very Happy

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:47 pm

Wow, I am sorry you had such a rough time.... Way to go maintaining though, also you seem to have a really positive attitude about the whole thing, thats awesome.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next