5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book

3 posters

Go down

Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book Empty Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book

Post  rubywong Thu Jan 13, 2011 11:17 pm

For those of you who have the book, can you share some insights from the book that are most helpful?
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book Empty Re: Dr. ALwin Lewis' Book

Post  3jaysmom Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:49 am

Hi Ruby!
I have it right here, Its super small, about 100 pages with huge type. There really isnt much to say about the diet, it is what we've said it is. 5 bites twice a day. That's all. But, the book was worth it for some of the insightfull things he says, I'm such a dork I highlighted some of my favorites:

- People who weigh once a week lose more than those who do daily. He thinks people do that to test the limits of what they eat, and dont gain, or get depressed by normal daily fluctuations(I am sooooo guilty of this!) and go on a binge

-No weight loss program is enjoyable, so the less time spent at it, the better. Be perfect and consistent, and be done with it. Have an end in sight, and sprint to the finish line.

--patients tell him that all they eat is salad, even with no dressing, and still gain.. He mentions that this is the same diet of many zoo animals, (hippos, elephants) yes, there is little calories and sugar in "salads", but if you graze all day long, you will be eating large quantities of food, stretching the stomach to want more and more

- our fuel is sugar, sugar that we eat, or have stored as fat. Its all the same, your body could care less where it comes from, food or stored fat. we have plenty of fuel in our "reserve tank", our fat. we do not need to "top off" with additional sugar from food. If your gas tank was full, would you go to a gas station and overfill it, or drive untill the tank ran lower?

-if you stick to five bites of pretty much anything, you will be consuming around 600 cals a day, a quarter of what your body needs to function. To get the same calorie defecit from excercise, you would have to run for 8 to 10 hours straight!

-Every ten pounds of fat weighs the same as a bowling ball. Bowling balls are HEAVY. lose the weight and your whole body will thank you for it

There's so much more, I'll try to put a few on another day. Hope this helps!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Fri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 pm

Thank you soooooo much 3 jaysmom! The excerpts are really helpful. I especially like the first one. I'm going to weigh myself once a week instead of everyday now. That will help me focus more on the 5BD and less about the number everyday. The only one I do not agree with is the exercise one.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:42 am

I know what you mean about the exercize. even at my heaviest, I always worked out for about an hour a day. However, I think he is saying to get the same calorie deficit of 1500+ cals, you would have to work out for hours. (I agree with you, probably not Cool. I still work out even while i'm 5 biting, because it makes me feel amazing. I think its what keeps my energy up when i'm eating so little. I dont think anywhere in the book does he say NOT to work out, I think most people just dont because they dont think they have the energy.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Tue Jun 07, 2011 4:59 pm

The Doc also writes that heavy-duty exercise may tend to have a rebound effect on your appetite after your workout.

AND thinking that we've burned "So Many Calories" might trick you into feeling you can step off the strictness,... "just for this meal."

Plus as 3jaysmom explains, He's not against the exercise, in fact he recommends continuing what you're doing.

He just shows that your current Basal Metabolic Rate already burns about 1 pound of carbon every Eight Hours on an empty stomach... And that's JUST BREATHING and sitting or standing.

"Eating" Slows the metabolizing of Our Fat Stores as it Goes To Work on the new food in the digestive track.

The exercise option would have to burn 3,500 Calories to lose One Pound. How long would that take Running? Weight Training?

Eight Hours of Not Eating is Fat Burning.

Hope this helps.

Peace,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down