5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

+9
Slimw5bd
bridesmaidslimdown
Everblue
insanity
renu712000
twilight*17
16Again
Dmac
Readyforchange
13 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey Empty I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Readyforchange Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:45 am

Today was a fantastic day. I spent the morning with my children. I have two, one girl of 6 and a boy of 4. Belive it or not they are almost exactly two years apart. His birthday falls on the day before hers! They both came early aswell (Yeah, just my luck). My husband got the chance to be child free for the day. We missed him though. He go to kill things in WOW!!(World of Warcraft). He is recovering from a bad cold.

The diet is still going well. I had my vitamins this morning along with some green tea. I have been taking, (don't laugh) gummy vitamins. I find that having that little bit to chew in the morning helps me to not miss breakfast. It helps me get my nutrients and fulfills my desire to chew (win, win for me!) I don't eat my lunch until around 2:00 every day. Today I had a snickers bar. For me, like many others on this site, delaying lunch seems to help. Drinking lots of water helps as well. I have found that if I just don't want plain water, Target sells calorie free powders that you can add to your water to give it a flavor. I like the lemonade, but they have grape, strawberry lemonade, and tea flavors as well.

For dinner, at around 7:00, I had some rice with stirfried chicken and veggies. I only ate 5 bites. I am feeling pretty good. Just a bit achy. I hope that I am not catching my husband's cold.

As a general rule, I try to exercise for 30 minutes daily. I alterante between just cardio intervals, or intervals with weight training. I figured that I need to cultivate the habit of exercise so that when I reach my goal, I have that healthy habit in place.

I truly can not wait until I reach my goal. I know that with this diet it is easy, but trying to explain it to anyone is a nightmare, so I have stopped trying. My husband just looks at me and shakes his head. Mymother-in-law is always talking about the "evils of undereating" and your metabolism. So I decided to just let my progress speak for itself.

My goal is to get to 120 pounds. According to Dr. Lewis's website, I should shoot for 115 for my height (5'6"). We'll see. The last time I checked, I was down about 17 pounds. I'll weigh in again soon and write in an update. I know that things are improving because I was able to get into an old skirt that was one size smaller than I had been wearing. That made me feel good.

I am so tired of feeling unattractive and fat. I know that after everything that I have tried, this is the diet that will finally work.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Readyforchange Sun Feb 06, 2011 11:58 pm

Today was a little harder for me. I managed to keep to my morning routine. I had my 5 bites for lunch and spent time with my family. It was the evening that caused me some trouble. Since it was the super bowl, I made the usual football dinner: scalloped potatoes, baked beans, fresh baked bread, bbq pulled pork, etc. The food was soo good, I ended up taking more like 8-10 bites rather than 5. I feel so bad. My consequence was that my stomach hurt!

Tomorrow will be a better day.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Dmac Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:35 am

I think for Superbowl Sunday that's very good u should be very proud of yourself Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 07, 2011 12:35 pm

Thanks Dmac. I will continue to try and take each day one step at a time. I can do this! Your support is appreciated.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Mon Feb 07, 2011 3:55 pm

Hi ready,

It's a day of Fresh Beginnings! I love that you only ate 8-10 bites at a Super Bowl Celebration! (Just try to count how many bites you took of stuff at Last Year's Party. You are an explosion of control and self-love.

The track is right before us and no steps are missteps. They are simply "okay" or "better."

I have faith in you. I know you have faith in you, too.

It's our honesty with ourselves and each other that will get us across the finish line.

Peace, Marc

P.S. My Journal for today will show my own halting steps from yesterday as well.
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:26 pm

16Again,

Thanks for the support and confidence. Sometimes you need to hear it from someone else to believe it.

I know that I can do this! I woke up feeling so wonderful this morning! After my tummy ache last night, that has to be a sign of great things to come. I know that if I keep pushing and imagining myself looking great and feeling healthy, then it will come to pass.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:47 am

Today went well. I woke up and did my usual morning routine : taking my vitamin, drinking my tea, remembering what I am thankful for in life, and walking my daughter to school. It was so tranquil- despite my son's crying for more orange juice during breakfast!

I stuck to the diet during lunch. I made it easy for myself and just had a snicker's bar. Wow. They really do fill you up! I wasn't hungry for hours.

For dinner I also remained focused and on target. I ate 5 bites of rice and leftover BBQ pulled pork. I added some corn to provide a veggie. It tasted great and I didn't eat any extra bites. (Yay me!!)

I am still working out daily. I try and get in at least 30 minutes. I am definitely seeing some results. I have not been on the scale recently. (I am too scared -I'll wait until Sunday), but I have been able to get into a skirt that is a size smaller than I had been wearing a month ago. If I am not losing weight, I must be losing inches!

My brother is getting married on the 19th and I have to go down for his wedding. My children are in it. I am a little worried about going home because my family will not understand what I am doing. My mother is a nurse and she is going to start talking to me about all of the damage I am doing to my body, yet she will make hints that I need to lose weight. She will also tempt me with my favorite meals. I hope that she doesn't get mad when I only eat 5 bites!

I am also not looking forward to seeing my relatives. They are the same relatives who said to me, when they saw me for the first time in years during the summer, "Oh it's so good to see you. Your children are beautiful. You're fat, but you look good." (Now that is really twisted.) But they are family. You love them. You have to let their comments roll off your back and keep moving towards your goals.

I have to remember that I am not doing this for them. I am doing this for me and for my health. I am the person who has to live in this body. I need to love it. They don't have to.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this. No excuses! No surrender!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Tue Feb 08, 2011 1:22 pm

OMG, Your family sounds like mine! I feel for you! All of my life my family has told me how fat and ugly I am (except they call it "healthy") and then put out a plate of cookies and berate me if I don't eat any. Totally mean! When I got married my in-laws acted the same way. My sister-in-law actually asked me how much I weigh. Unbelievable. It's like my whole life I have had a sign on my forehead that says "Please talk to me about my weight and don't hold back the rude comments". Then when you go on a diet they all start saying "you look anorexic". It's insane. I think everyone should just mind their own beeswax!

I hope things get better for you!! No
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:43 pm

Twilight*17,

Thanks for the support and sympathy. I am thankful every day for the positive people in my life. I am so glad to have met you!

I have an older sister and for a long time it was actually much worse than it is now. Before I had children and gained weight, I was much skinnier and my parents nicknamed me "winji" which is Jamacian for small and my sister was named "fats". ( I told you it was worse) For years they used to use my weight as a way to torment my sister about hers. I hated it and tried very hard to let her understand that size didn't matter in how I see people, but with the constant comments from my family (mainly my dad), it was hard. She has struggled with her weight for many more years than I have. Her pain is far greater than mine.

We support each other, even though she currently lives in another country (she works for the UN). I told her about the 5 bite diet. She was reluctant to try it, but I convinced her. I told her that we would take this journey together. Our goal was to get healthy and celebrate any successes we have had when we see each other for the wedding and through daily emails. I am looking forward to seeing her.

Thanks for listening and caring.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:08 pm

Oh, your poor sister. I don't know why people have to be so cruel. Thank goodness she had a nice sister like you to help her along. Sad
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:38 pm

U ladies gota block all that out for shur it can delay your goals u r always going to be to fat or to thin for people like that their is no just right if there was they would find something else some people might be trying to help and not realize it's a very sensitive subject for sum I'm the thinnest I've ever Ben and I'm more sensitive now because of working at it so hard people say why don't u just do this or that or you've lost enough. but u gota block it out its your goal not there's most people don't understand this diet anyway some of my family loves me supports me but absolutely hates this diet and hate that I do it but it's my decision I had to tell them that its alot ezer being around the ones that do support and don't say negative things about it in one ear out the other u do it your way Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Feb 08, 2011 9:59 pm

Thanks Dmac. I needed to hear that.

I will stay positive and stay focused. I know in my heart that I am so much more than how much I weigh. Besides, I am looking better,( to myself anyway), every day!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey Empty Another Good Day!

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:12 am

Today was another great diet day. I am trying my best to reach my goal of 30lbs lost by March 19th. I want to follow in the inspiring footsteps of others on this site.

I had my usual breakfast of tea and vitamins.

For lunch I had a snicker's bar. It's that time of the month. I need my sweets! geek

For dinner I made Thai peanut chicken stirfry with veggies and rice. Yum!! Only 5 bites.

I of course drank gallons of water all day and had my 30 minutes of exercise. Today was an interval cardio day. Tomorrow will be an interval training with weights (plus cardio)

I have to buy new dresses for the rehersal dinner and wedding. I have been dreading it. I have not purchased myself any nice new clothes in a long time. I think I'll wait until next week. Let's see how my weigh in goes on Sunday. I hope the scale moves from 172! It was stuck for a while so I stopped getting on it. I wonder if the exercise is causing issues? I hope not. It really is a good way to relieve stress.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses! :

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey Empty IF you are exercising...

Post  renu712000 Wed Feb 09, 2011 7:43 am

Ready,

to answer your question...yes you are gaining muscle but losing fat if you are exercising...so don't let the scale fool you..THINK THIN! If you are able to wear smaller clothes then you are getting thin or if you can tighten your belt..you are getting thin..Weight yourself at the end of the week if you are curious but just keep doing the five bites and you will lose fat!! Go go go!!

Just stick to the diet as you have read from the book..NO snacks..Water...5 bites..vitamin...Your body will get energy from the fat you have stored...

Think this: "I have the energy..Its in the fat I have stored...My body can get the energy from the fat! I am going to be thin from losing the fat!! I am getting thin from losing the fat! YES!!"

Oh yea..I had a snickers too!! Felt good since I tried avoiding candy and chocolate the past few weeks but it was awesome taste..and I only needed that for lunch!! YUM!

Keep going!!

Readyforchange wrote:Today was another great diet day. I am trying my best to reach my goal of 30lbs lost by March 19th. I want to follow in the inspiring footsteps of others on this site.

I had my usual breakfast of tea and vitamins.

For lunch I had a snicker's bar. It's that time of the month. I need my sweets! geek

For dinner I made Thai peanut chicken stirfry with veggies and rice. Yum!! Only 5 bites.

I of course drank gallons of water all day and had my 30 minutes of exercise. Today was an interval cardio day. Tomorrow will be an interval training with weights (plus cardio)

I have to buy new dresses for the rehersal dinner and wedding. I have been dreading it. I have not purchased myself any nice new clothes in a long time. I think I'll wait until next week. Let's see how my weigh in goes on Sunday. I hope the scale moves from 172! It was stuck for a while so I stopped getting on it. I wonder if the exercise is causing issues? I hope not. It really is a good way to relieve stress.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses! :

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 09, 2011 2:33 pm

Thanks renu712000. Your thoughts and insights help me in so many ways.

I am glad that I am gaining some good muscle tone. My legs and arms are looking stellar! My waist has also gone down and is much flatter. I have read that muscle weighs more than fat, so I am replacing one for the other.

I intend to keep going until I reach my goal. I want to be at 120 before summer. It would be nice to be able to wear a swimsuit that does not have a skirt on it!

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:35 pm

You go girl!! I hear ya about the swimsuit skirt thing. ugh! I don't know if will ever get away with not wearing one of those.. I am pear shaped. LOL! Even way back when I weighed 120 lbs. my butt was still huge! LOL! Shocked
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:05 pm

Twilight*17,

I bet you still rocked that skirtini! We will both make it into beautiful bikinis. Here's to a great slender summer!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Wed Feb 09, 2011 9:26 pm

Can't wait! Starting tomorrow!
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Thu Feb 10, 2011 4:15 pm

Hiya Readyforchange,

Sorry I got too busy to reply in a more timely manner than I promised.

About the whole wedding thing -- or any social gathering --

We imagine people are paying closer attention to us than they really are.

Here are a couple ideas just in case you run into some folks who DO notice.

First, with all the caterers running around, not everyone eats at the same time. If you make it a project for yourself, you can notice when your table's being served and find some excuse to step away -- And Return when everyone's about Half finished.... or when you see the bride and groom about to get there on the greeting rounds.

Or if you Have To be at the table 'cause of your kids, you could simply spend the time entertaining the young-uns, and take 1 Bite for every 5 of theirs.

Take 3 Bites of the Protein and chew slowly. Maybe 1 Bite of veggie. One Bite to GO? Well if anyone asks why you're Not Eating, just say you're saving Room for Cake. Then eat that 1 Bite of Cake (Frosting and all!!) then put the little plate down and walk away.

A good idea for a project might be to take a camera with you so that you're moving around -- Away from the appetizer table, before dinner. Get folks together for group shots (get a couple other folks to take some groups with you in them, with your camera). Get couples shots and individual shots. You'll be occupied the whole time with something for your hands to do.

Finally, when the time comes,... DANCE! Dance every dance! With the Hubby, with the kids, with the groom, with the bride's father... As many as you can. Get sweaty and drink a ton of water!

Then weigh yourself the next Morning. Just See if you Don't Rock Your Own World!!!

Party Hard. Enjoy!

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:14 pm

16Again,

Thanks so much for the great advice! I will definitely try it. I know that it will be hard. My family is the ultimate in "food pushing", but I know that I will cope (no excuses!). My sister will also be there. She has started on this journey and I know she will have my back.

The wedding is in the morning and it is not going to be very long. That will help. My brother and his new bride are trying to catch a cruise, so the party will not be as long as some weddings tend to be.

Thank you, thank you, thank you for the great ideas. They are going to help me so much. It has released some of my dread about going.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Feb 10, 2011 7:54 pm

I agree, 16Again gave some great advice! I know you are strong and you can stick to your plan through the wedding.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  twilight*17 Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:01 pm

If your kids are younger you could even say that you are sharing your food with them.. I did that just today at lunch and noone questioned it. Worked like a charm...
twilight*17
twilight*17

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Thu Feb 10, 2011 9:35 pm

Twilight*17, you are so good! My kids are 6 and 4. I could definitely use that!

The hardest people that I will have to deal with will be my mother and my father's sisters. My mother likes to quietly suggest that I lose weight and then make all of my favorite things to eat. My aunts like to flat out tell me I'm fat. They are always dressed to impress. I'm lucky if I remember to wear matching shoes! (HA!) If I can see the funny side of things and stick to my 5 bites, I'll make it through.

Thanks for your help and support,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Fri Feb 11, 2011 2:33 am

Today was a strange day. I woke up feeling terrible. Maybe I am finally coming down with the cold that my entire family has had. The good thing was that I was not hungry. I had to force myself to eat! (HA!)

I had my usual tea and vitamins for breakfast and a snicker's bar for lunch. I almost didn't finish it.

For dinner I had some veggies, rice and beef. I made my husband chilli, but I couldn't bring myself to eat it. I won't be exercising tonight. I simply do not have the energy. I feel like someone has a horrible energy draining machine attached to my vital life force and is sucking me dry!

On a strange note, my husband said that for the past week, I have smelled differently to him. Not in a bad way, but just different- a little fruity. We searched for anything that I might be using that was new and we could not find anything. Later he came down stairs and told me that he figured out what it was. He said that he remembered, way back from when we both did the Atkins diet, that when your body was heavily burning fat it went into ketosis. Sometimes the side effect of this process was a slight citrus or fruit smell. So, according to my husband, I must be in serious fat burning mode!! Whoot! Whoot! (Yay me!) I personally can't smell the faint citrus smell, but he says that I don't smell like my usual spicy, flowery self!

Well if he wants his slender, sexy wife back, a little fruit won't hurt him!

The wedding is looming closer. I will eventually have to break down and get a dress. I have not met the bride to be, so I asked my mother to tell me what she was like. She simply said:"She is way smaller than you. Her mother is tiny as well." Why do I set myself up like that? Don't get me wrong. I love my mother. She is a very kind and loving person. I just don't think that she understands how she hurts me sometimes. I honestly don't think that she intends to do it. It just happens.

Man. I am way too emotional today. (Well it is that time of the month) Just breathe and let the positive energy flow.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this. NO excuses!!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Feb 12, 2011 2:31 pm

I hope that what ever this "bug" is passes soon. I have almost no energy. I am not used to that. With two small children, I can't feel like this.

I have been keeping to my diet. I do hope that I see some progress in my weigh in tomorrow. I am looking for some changes in measurements and perhaps a little in weight. I know that my weight training may have slowed down the scale as far as seeing the weight being lost, but I can tell that it is shifting in a positive direction. My muscle tone is becoming more sculpted.

I have been reading up on things to do for your skin. I know that when you lose a lot of weight your skin could sag. With this diet people have been losing very quickly. Your skin may take a little bit to catch up. I have read that skin brushing is one way to help your skin tighten up and look better. I have been doing a little skin brushing every other day for about two weeks. I have seen such an improvement in the slight dimpling that I had on my legs. It is almost gone! My skin is also so soft to the touch even without putting lotion on first! Wow. My husband commented the other day that I was looking good. That made me feel so warm and fuzzy! He's such a sweet man.

Well, tomorrow is my update day. I will take my measurements and weight to see where I am.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! NO excuses!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next