5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

+9
Slimw5bd
bridesmaidslimdown
Everblue
insanity
renu712000
twilight*17
16Again
Dmac
Readyforchange
13 posters

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Readyforchange Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:08 am

Today was a pretty good day. I have been sticking to the diet. I have been battling with my desire to eat sweet stuff all week. Sometimes the sweet stuff wins, most of the time I win. I am strong. I can make it through this. It's pretty much done now. I am glad to move forward.

I made a recommitment to myself and this diet recently and I am really excited about it. I know that I will reach my goals. I can see myself as I want to be so clearly. I know that if I visualize what I want and then work towards it. It will happen.

I am still exercising. Today I will be doing a 4 mile walk (Leslie Sansone!). I always enjoy the feeling that getting good, solid, exercise gives me.

I am in the process of providing myself with a little motivation. I have been working on a reward system for milestones. I figure that if I dangle a carrot out in front of myself, if I need a little extra push, I will have it. My first milestone is to fit into an old pair of pants in a way that looks good. At the moment, I don't even wear pants, just skirts. I think that I look horrible in them. This goal would be a big one for me. Me, wearing pants! Wow. I am so close, but they are just a little too tight. When I make this goal, I am going to treat myself to a silver necklace that I have been wanting to get. My husband got me a beautiful amber pendant during the summer and I don't have anything to place it on. I could just buy a necklace, ( my husband offered), but this way, I can earn it. I like this way better.

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! NO excuses.

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty no pants?

Post  bridesmaidslimdown Mon Mar 07, 2011 4:22 am

Lol it's so funny that you don't wear pants because I am the complete opposite. I refuse to wear dresses/skirts because I think they look awful on me! Plus I feel like I'm going to become indecent at any moment. I don't even own a dress at the moment and I am trying to pick one out to buy about a week or so before I leave for my sisters wedding to wear at the rehearsal dinner. The thought of it actually terrifies me!
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Rewards

Post  marie.barber Mon Mar 07, 2011 7:12 pm

I love the idea of having rewards! Speaking as a former weight loss consultant, it definitely works. I've seen so many clients struggle to stay on track, and yet when they set up a reward system for themselves it gives them that extra incentive to push harder. And remember, a reward doesn't have to be something expensive. Some of the most common rewards I heard were getting (or even giving yourself) a manicure/pedicure, making a deal with the hubby to take the kids for a day so you can have uninterrupted "you time", treating yourself to go see a movie or museum exhibit, or even just a relaxing bubble bath with fancy salts and scented candles. All of these things seem so simple, but I think sometimes we forget to pamper ourselves every now and then. I also love setting up daily rewards for yourself. One of my former clients got a box set of her favorite TV show; she made a rule that she was only allowed to watch it while she was walking on her treadmill. Trust me, she got some good workouts in! Another of my clients loved listening to audiobooks and downloaded a bunch, again, with the rule being that she was only allowed to listen to them while she was out walking. If any of you love to read like I do, get a really good book that's full of suspense; make a rule that you are allowed to read a chapter a night, but Only if you stick to your food plan for the day. These are all great rewards not just for when you reach weight loss milestones, but you can use them along the way to get you there. I hope I've given you some ideas for ways to continue rewarding yourself. You're doing great!

-marie-
marie.barber
marie.barber

https://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Re: I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 15, 2011 2:09 am

Thanks for the ideas Marie! I let you know which ones I use.

Bridesmaid, why don't we make a promise to buy some pants (in my case) or a skirt (in your case) when we reach our goals? It would be a great thing to shoot for!

I have been out of the game for a while. I have been extremely sick. My little ones brought home something and I got struck hard. Needless to say, my diet suffered. I have been eating soup and bread to get my strength back. 5 bites was out the window when I felt so weak. I feel much better now and I am back to it. That's the good thing about this diet, you can get right back on the wagon when illness pushes you off.

I am still working on my reward system. Marie has given me some stellar ideas. I recently purchased some music. Right now, I am not allowed to listen to it until I reach my goal for the week! My husband laughs at me for doing this, but it is helping me to get back to it after being so sick. Every little bit helps.

I was actually well enough to walk today. Boy have I missed exercise!

I am beautiful. I am strong. I am creative. I can do this! No excuses.

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Save up for something big...

Post  renu712000 Tue Mar 15, 2011 4:47 am

Ready for change,

I would suggest saving up for something big. The money you can save by going on this diet can really add up. Just my opinion. I don't order out as much. I don't have big dinner at restaurants. I don't buy drinks at bars/clubs. Those are some of the examples.

After a month and a half I realized I save up alot of money by looking at what I was spending for food. Pretty amazing.

You can still enjoy some rewards but what I did when I am getting thin was check in a clothing store and try a few things out. I know now I am still getting thin so I would buy just one item or article I can use now. Last week, I HAD to get a belt already since my last belt couldn't keep my pants up anymore.

Then on Saturday, I HAD to buy one pair of jeans because even the ones I am using now are getting too baggy for me.

So try rewarding yourself that way. I asked my friend about it and he said to wait til you get your ultimate goal or else you will be spending a lot of money. So I decided to just get one thing or two for now.

In the meantime, I am considering saving up for a big purchase or a nice trip to somewhere tropical so I can be out in the sun!!

So hope this gives you and everyone else an idea.

By the way, don't keep rewarding every week.It can get expensive..hahaha..Just acknowledge your succcess, be happy getting thin and go to the next day and move forward.

Keep going, readyforchange!

Readyforchange wrote:Thanks for the ideas Marie! I let you know which ones I use.

Bridesmaid, why don't we make a promise to buy some pants (in my case) or a skirt (in your case) when we reach our goals? It would be a great thing to shoot for!

I have been out of the game for a while. I have been extremely sick. My little ones brought home something and I got struck hard. Needless to say, my diet suffered. I have been eating soup and bread to get my strength back. 5 bites was out the window when I felt so weak. I feel much better now and I am back to it. That's the good thing about this diet, you can get right back on the wagon when illness pushes you off.

I am still working on my reward system. Marie has given me some stellar ideas. I recently purchased some music. Right now, I am not allowed to listen to it until I reach my goal for the week! My husband laughs at me for doing this, but it is helping me to get back to it after being so sick. Every little bit helps.

I was actually well enough to walk today. Boy have I missed exercise!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Mar 16, 2011 1:49 pm

Wow I like this reward idea Smile
Mine last time was buying a cardigan I really wanted..when I reach 130 lbs. This time..when i am 120 lbs..the reward I want is pump shoes..and a nice belt Smile
Let's do this and let's support each other!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 pm

Thanks for the ideas renu! I don't really reward myself each week. I have just put my new music out there as a carrot to help me get back into the swing of the diet after being sick. My husband has promised the family a great vacation this summer. We are saving for that. I want to be able to wear a bikini without a skirt! Now that's motivation! I have also been saving money for a long time to buy a new wardrobe. This is the first diet that makes me believe that I will actually be able to spend it! I have saved about $4,000 dollars. I began saving when I had my first child. I can't wait until I can donate all of my old clothes and celebrate the new me!

lyra, I like the idea of getting shoes. I love shoes! The last reward that I got for myself was when I went to my brother's wedding. My reward was getting a new dress that was way smaller than I am used to wearing. It felt good to do that. I also noticed that my shoe size has gone down by half a size! Wow.

Today was great! I stayed on program and walked 4 miles. I am really tired. I guess I may be over doing it. My knee is also giving me some trouble.

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Sweet..cha ching...money money money.....

Post  renu712000 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:23 am

Ready....

wow $4,000 saved up...aw, man...just the ideas of money like that saved up...SWEET!

Ease up on the 4 miles if you have to..I added cardio kickboxing a few weeks ago to my zumba, kettelbell, free weights, and dance funk routines...I ended up twisting my knee during that cardio kickboxing.

Not good...Learning lesson there. I eased up the past two weeks for it to heal. Got back this week and felt better. Two days straight zumba then dance funk class...Forget the cardio kickbox...Zumba again tomorrow..

My friend said...just do some exercise but don't overdo it...Let the five bite diet work..The results will happen...and they are...but I miss the workout...SO I don't want to miss the workouts if I get hurt..So forget the pushing yourself...just keep it simple..get some workouts in and do the diet right...keep it simple as he suggested...

So my from point of view...I say the same...keep your exercise simple..change it up when you need to...but make the diet work for you...stick to it...keep it simple...you are so almost there! GO GO GO!

As my sport pysch teacher taught me in college... : K.I.S.S = Keep it simple, silly!

So let's keep it simple everyone...follow the rules...get some workout in..do some toning..focus on some abs every so often not every day...and we are going to get to our goals!

Go go go!!

Readyforchange wrote:Thanks for the ideas renu! I don't really reward myself each week. I have just put my new music out there as a carrot to help me get back into the swing of the diet after being sick. My husband has promised the family a great vacation this summer. We are saving for that. I want to be able to wear a bikini without a skirt! Now that's motivation! I have also been saving money for a long time to buy a new wardrobe. This is the first diet that makes me believe that I will actually be able to spend it! I have saved about $4,000 dollars. I began saving when I had my first child. I can't wait until I can donate all of my old clothes and celebrate the new me!

lyra, I like the idea of getting shoes. I love shoes! The last reward that I got for myself was when I went to my brother's wedding. My reward was getting a new dress that was way smaller than I am used to wearing. It felt good to do that. I also noticed that my shoe size has gone down by half a size! Wow.

Today was great! I stayed on program and walked 4 miles. I am really tired. I guess I may be over doing it. My knee is also giving me some trouble.

renu712000

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Pump..pump it real good...hahaha

Post  renu712000 Thu Mar 17, 2011 9:28 am

Lyra,

A women in pump shoes...makes guys' heads turn..lols...you go girlfriend!!

Plus a colorful belt accentuates the sexy curves...

Now you got the right idea! The more you get the thin..you can get the nice compliments and comments...which generates good feelings for yourself...and to remember those feelings and compliments to REPEAT THE SUCCESS...REMEMBER THE GOOD EMOTIONS! Keep that success going!

Go go go....pump it up! *wink*...hehehe

Lyra wrote:Wow I like this reward idea Smile
Mine last time was buying a cardigan I really wanted..when I reach 130 lbs. This time..when i am 120 lbs..the reward I want is pump shoes..and a nice belt Smile
Let's do this and let's support each other!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:55 am

Hows ready?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:51 am

I'm not so good today Dmac. Thanks for asking.

I think that I jumped into my old exercise routine too early. I was really sick today. I must not truly be over my illness. I did, however, stick to the diet! I am really proud of myself for that. I hope that tomorrow my strength returns and I am my old self again.

I'm really tired right now. I'll check back in tomorrow. I will take renu's advice and cut back a little. I hope that it helps (Thanks Renu!)

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Mar 18, 2011 1:41 pm

Readyforchange wrote:

I love your positive statement!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:03 pm

Thanks Insanity!

I always tell myself, if I think it and hear it enough, I will believe it!

How are things going for you? I trust that all is well.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:21 pm

Things are OK, thanks for asking. I've been trying to ease back into 5 Bite this week without much success. Otherwise all is well.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:06 pm

Insanity,

I am glad that things are going ok for you. Have you eased back into the diet yet? If you need some motivation, just read Dmac's journal. He is doing so well! Renu also has some super motivation and advice. They are the diet gurus!

Things have been progressing slowly here. I think that I am finally over my illness. It really hit me hard and took my energy away. I have been starting to exercise little, by little. I am not 100%, but I am better.

I have been five biting and keeping things simple. I know that I will reach my goals. I keep seeing a new wardrobe in my future! I have not been weighing myself because, with my exercise, the weight is not dropping off as quickly as for those that don't exercise. I have put on some muscle. I can see it in my arms, legs, and shoulders. I don't want to cause myself to not be motivated by small amounts of weight loss. I have been looking at how things fit and at measurements. I will take my measurements at the end of the month and see where I am.

Things are, however, looking much better. Even my exercise pants are loose!. They almost fell off the other day. It made my husband laugh! The good news it that they were a large. That means I am shrinking! My belly is also flatter. I am starting to see the dents down the front for your abs. Abs! I am getting abs! The dents are slight, but they are there! Very Happy

I LOVE this diet!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

I'm Ready For A Change: My 5 Bite Journey - Page 3 Empty Getting Stronger. Feeling Better

Post  Readyforchange Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:51 am

I think that I am finally over my illness. I am feeling great this week so far. I was getting tired of feeling sick and tired! It is good to have the old me back.

I am still 5 biting. Things have gone up and down. I have had a learning day amongst the good days, but it is all good. I know that I will reach my goals and that the "thin, toned, and sexy" me is about to emerge.

My arms are looking great! When I make a muscle, I can actually see one! It blows my mind the changes that I am seeing in my body. My stomach is flatter, my hips are smaller, my legs are slimming down and toning up. It feels great. I know that all of it would not be possible without this diet. I think that this diet is truly saving my life. I really do. I used to hate myself, deep down. My opinion is changing. I am so happy that it is.

I was able to give my self a treat of some music that I wanted. I was able to fit into a pair of goal pants. It felt good. I am very proud of myself. Every day, I notice new changes. This is an exciting time for me. On my last diet, I didn't see any real changes. This diet is way different!

I was so happy to see the postings by Dmac and Renu about how to maintain the weight after you reach goal. That information will sure come in handy when I get there. I hope to be to a point where I am happy by my birthday in May. I have decided that I can't really go by weight. I have to go by my size and measurements. The muscle that I am putting on may prevent me from reaching my target of 120, but I still may be able to wear the smaller sizes I want to. The lean muscle that I am putting on is pulling everything in. I am getting smaller, without the scale moving as much as I would want. I think that the fat that I am shedding is being replaced with muscle. I have no complaints! Don't get me wrong, I am losing weight, but I think that I will end up being heavier that I originally thought, but look smaller. Weird, but true.

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:09 am

I am still going strong with the 5 bites! I am just taking it one day at a time. Some days are better than others, but I just pick myself up and move on. My bad days (learning days) luckily have only been where I take a couple bites over. It happens.

My clothes are still getting bigger and my body is really changing. Progress is being made. I am continuing to walk and workout with kettlebells. It feels great to know that I am doing something to make my life a healthy one. Today was my 4 mile day.

My anniversary is coming up in August. I have been thinking alot about renewing my vows with my husband. I have recently made a new committment to myself to become the healthy person I was meant to be. My husband is now taking steps to do the same thing. I figured that we could make a renewal of the committment that we made to each other. I really like the idea. It gives me even more motivation to reach my goals. I could even buy a killer dress to wear! Wink I need to run it by my husband.

Life is great.

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Tue Apr 05, 2011 4:40 am

I'm glad your going strong keep it up Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Apr 05, 2011 12:42 pm

Thanks Dmac!

Since I am not really going by weight so much any more, but by size, my new goal is to fit into a size 4. I think that would be about equal to 120 pounds. I have dropped from a tight size 14 to a 10 so far. Things are looking great! I think focusing on my size rather than on my weight has taken some of the stress of dieting off of me. I just keep 5 biting, working out, and keeping a positive attitude. Things are moving in the right direction.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Tue Apr 05, 2011 6:08 pm

It sounds like you have the right idea!

Body shape (and clothes size, by extrapolation) are more important than weight anyway. Just keep taking it one day at a time and I'm sure you'll get there!!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict Wed Apr 06, 2011 6:52 am

congrats on your loss so far! its motivating to see how well everyone else is doing on this diet. I'm sure you'll be in that size 4 in no time Very Happy
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:31 pm

Thanks for the support you guys! Some days are better than others, but I am hanging in there.

Recently hurt my ankle. It has prevented me from doing exercise for the last three days. Better now, but boy did it suck not to workout.

Still going strong with the diet. The size 10 pants are getting loose. Abs are starting to look even more defined. I know that things are going in the right direction. Maybe I'll take measurements at the end of this month.

My birthday is coming up next month. I really want to push and make some dramatic changes. I know I can do this. I finally want to feel beautiful on my special day. For a long time I haven't.

I have also been doing some research on natural skin and hair care. I figured that if I was taking the time to become healthy, I might as well take it one step further and do things in a more natural way. I have been discovering some cool ways to condition my hair and make it healthier. I am really excited about it. If I keep this up, pretty soon I will be glowing from the inside out! A girl has to have dreams.

Life is great!

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3