5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here We Go Again!

2 posters

Go down

Here We Go Again! Empty Here We Go Again!

Post  flutterbydream Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:15 pm

Let me first say how excited/impressed I am that there is now a 5 bite forum! I cannot believe how popular this diet has become...

Dr. Lewis was my primary doctor about 6 years ago (before this diet had ANY recognition outside his office). I went for a checkup one day and seeing that I was overweight he told me about his 5 bite diet. I immediately started the next day and pretty much stuck to it for the next 3 months...I lost somewhere around 40 lbs. (I started at 240 lbs.) I've thought about going on the diet again and have weakly tried many times over the years but have never followed through. Until NOW!

I am on day 4 and have cheated in tiny ways but am trying to do better and be stricter each day. I don't have a scale so I'm planning on letting my clothes do the talking until I get one. I have such motivation now...summer's almost here and I'm moving to be with my long distance boyfriend at the end of July! So wish me luck...and to everyone else out there that is struggling - this diet WORKS if you let it. It really is about taking it not only day by day, but sometimes hour by hour. You can totally do it...

Here are the main pointers Dr. Alwin gave me that day in his office:

~Make sure to take a mulit-vitamin every day.
~No breakfast, 5 bites of anything at lunch and 5 bites of anything at dinner.
~You can have as much diet soda, and black coffee as you want.
~Drink LOTS of water
~Walk for 1/2 hour 3 times a week.

For me a few tricks I've learned....

~Making most of the bites of one meal protein is a HUGE help (especially in your first 3 days when you feel weakest)
~If you absolutely can't handle it at first and are going to cheat eat something like raw almonds or fish or chicken. Stay away from carbs.
~Do not beat yourself up if you DO cheat...that one night binge in that week is not a deal breaker - you will still lose weight (Just not as much as quick)
~If you're feeling like giving up, play with your fat! (I know this is really strange, but it works for me and grosses me out lol)

I hope this helps, and I'm totally going to use this forum to get me through my tough spots! Good luck everyone!

flutterbydream

Back to top Go down

Here We Go Again! Empty Re: Here We Go Again!

Post  Dmac Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:33 pm

Welcome. To the site I do the same thing with my fat I thought I was the only one
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  flutterbydream Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:40 pm

Thanks Dmac! Haha...it's a huge motivator for me!

flutterbydream

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum