5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter

+5
JESSIEGREENE4
Houndy
tammyjm10
ControlIt
flutterbydream
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty More Tips From An Original 5 Biter

Post  flutterbydream Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:19 pm

Dr. Lewis was my primary doctor about 6 years ago (before this diet had ANY recognition outside his office). I went for a checkup one day and seeing that I was overweight he told me about his 5 bite diet. I immediately started the next day and pretty much stuck to it for the next 3 months...I lost somewhere around 40 lbs. (I started at 240 lbs.) I've thought about going on the diet again and have weakly tried many times over the years but have never followed through. Until NOW!

I am on day 4 and have cheated in tiny ways but am trying to do better and be stricter each day.

Here are the main pointers Dr. Alwin gave me that day in his office:

~Make sure to take a mulit-vitamin every day.
~No breakfast, 5 bites of anything at lunch and 5 bites of anything at dinner.
~You can have as much diet soda, and black coffee as you want.
~Drink LOTS of water
~Walk for 1/2 hour 3 times a week.

For me a few tricks I've learned....

~Making most of the bites of one meal protein is a HUGE help (especially in your first 3 days when you feel weakest)
~If you absolutely can't handle it at first and are going to cheat eat something like raw almonds or fish or chicken. Stay away from carbs.
~Do not beat yourself up if you DO cheat...that one night binge in that week is not a deal breaker - you will still lose weight (Just not as much as quick)
~If you're feeling like giving up, play with your fat! (I know this is really strange, but it works for me and grosses me out lol)

I hope this helps, and I'm totally going to use this forum to get me through my tough spots! Good luck everyone!

flutterbydream

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty Great advice!

Post  ControlIt Sat May 03, 2014 2:52 pm

Thank you so much for your post.
Do you think the no breakfast helps loose faster?
I only have 1 piece of 45 calories bread and 1 egg.

I heard about this plan on Dr. Oz. just like everyone else joining now.
But I haven't received the book I ordered a week ago so I don't know the exact program.
What you posted helps alot!
Shelly

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty Re: More Tips From An Original 5 Biter

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 03, 2014 4:30 pm

I definitely think the no breakfast helps the loss. As someone who always had breakfast- it was weird at first. But he says that the longer you go between dinner and breakfast the next day makes a difference. Because i usually have a set time of dinner at 5 and lunch at 11 the next day- thats 18 hours for me. And honestly- the program is simple. 5 bites lunch- 5 bites dinner. ANYTHING you want. Anything. Multi vitamin in the am. Im not a coffee drinker so i skip that. My multi vitamin has some caffeine so that helps. But i have dropped 14 pounds in 8 days- so i am a true believer. Good luck to you!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty re: more tips

Post  Houndy Mon May 05, 2014 4:58 pm

Thanks for the tips. I think Chris Christie shoulda given this a try!
Houndy
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Mon May 05, 2014 8:53 pm

Haha. Didn't he have bypass?

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty just starting

Post  JESSIEGREENE4 Wed May 07, 2014 8:46 pm

I am about 3 days into this and eat a cup of grapefruit (80 calories) for breakfast and then do the 5 bites for lunch and dinner but reading this makes me think I have to let the breakfast go. sometimes I think I am going to die from hunger but it is suppose to get easier right.... any input appreciated as I cant find much online about it and my book wont be in for another week or so.
JESSIEGREENE4
JESSIEGREENE4

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty jessiegreen4

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 9:29 pm

Jessie,
I posted some information from the book on the
ultimate team challenge forum
Check the topic.
Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old
It is on page 2 of that forum.  Very Happy 
Hope that helps

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 10:07 pm

Hey Jessie- YES -it DOES GET BETTER! I promise. As a self professed food-o-holic-I wondered in the beginning if I was gonna last. I was hungry. But now-I went the last two days not hungry at all for the first time-this is my 12th day- it happens faster for some then for others-and I feel wonderful. I am not staring at the clock wondering when my next meal is. I love it. So yes- hang in there- this really truly works- and pretty soon you will just make it second nature and not even sweat the food anymore. And yes- I would give up the breakfast if you can. I really believe that the longer you go between dinner and lunch makes a difference in how much you burn. Good luck- and we are here for you if you need us!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty Eat 5 hours apart

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 10:10 pm

The book says to eat  5 hours apart....just an fYI
I think this is between lunch and dinner...but not sure.

Last edited by ControlIt on Thu May 08, 2014 12:03 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : not sure about statement)

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 11:22 pm

Oh really?? Wow- than I have the wrong info! I swore he said on that show that that's the reason he doesn't have you eat breakfast because the longer you can go between dinner the night before and lunch the next day is so you burn more fat. Do you mean 5 hours between lunch and dinner? That would make more sense to me!! Smile

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty tammyjm

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 11:41 pm

Sorry....Yes 5 hours between lunch and dinner

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Wed May 07, 2014 11:50 pm

Is it 5 hrs apart or "at least" 5 hrs apart?  Thanks for the input and clarification.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  JESSIEGREENE4 Wed May 07, 2014 11:56 pm

Thanks guys and gals, had to any bites for dinner but was still very aware of intake and will get right back up on the horse tomorrow with out breakfast... Thanks for the support y'all were hard to find!!!
JESSIEGREENE4
JESSIEGREENE4

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty 5 hours apart

Post  ControlIt Thu May 08, 2014 12:02 am

Scratch that.. I will read it again
But one of the questions he is addressing is:
I've been told I should eat five or six small meals a day....So I'm not sure if I read it wrong. Please disregard the 5 hours apart statement. If I see it again, I will tell you...Sorry

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 pm

No prob Controlit- we so appreciate any and all info you share! Obviously we are all confused about certain parts- but i think as long as we understand the basics we can pull it together! Haha - hooe everyone has a great Thursday!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty More book info

Post  ControlIt Thu May 08, 2014 5:11 pm

Something unusual for me, I've always been told to eat slowly.
But Dr lewis in his book says:
Consume your five bites in less than one minute and immediately throw the remaining food away.
It can end up in the trash or on your belly...you choose.  Laughing 
Go to your favorite all-you-can-eat restaurant and order alot of food. Then throw everything away after five bites. How did that make you feel?
How about ten minutes later? Amazing isn't it?
Per Dr. Lewis

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty book ideas;

Post  ControlIt Thu May 08, 2014 5:12 pm

Dr Lewis said,
he has a website it is http://www.theslimmingstation.com/

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Fri May 09, 2014 2:02 am

I believe the eating fast part is to help you get rid of temptation. When you think about it, it does make sense. The longer we have full plates or bowls in front of us the longer we are tempted to eat more. The idea with ordering food at a buffett and then throwing it away is a little strong but I think it's to be an example for how you feel when food has no more power over you - when you make your decisions not with your taste buds but with your head.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 09, 2014 3:07 am

I agree. Ok- so can anyone answer a question about sugarless gum? I have been chewing quite a bit of it during the day- it really helps - but now the paranoid part of me wants to know if it is harmful in any way towards weight loss. Can you have TOO much sugarless gum?

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty sugarless gum

Post  ControlIt Sat May 10, 2014 1:46 am

Tammyjm10
I have always chewed sugarless gum.
My favorite is sugarless bubble yum.
If it is bad, I'm sure using sweetners in anything is just as bad.
To answer your question, safety I am not sure about but I have always chewed it.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sat May 10, 2014 3:28 pm

Thanks. It really saves me when I am dying for something sweet!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

More Tips From An Original 5 Biter Empty re: 5 hours apart

Post  Houndy Tue May 13, 2014 12:43 pm

this is in reply to what ControlIt said about eating small frequent meals. I tape Dr. Oz and watch it at night, and he did a segment that really helped explain it. He had a guest on the show named Dr. Fuhrman (another diet guru). Anyway, both doctors got into this little go cart. Oz said that when you get hungry, the body first goes to the liver to digest stored sugar. Then he started the go cart and drove a little way. He said that first you have to burn the sugar in the liver before you can burn fat. When he got to the "fat burning" sign, he said here's what happens when you eat again. Then he put the car in reverse and backed up to the "liver" again. He said that every time you are eating frequently (like every few hours), your body starts over again. In other words, first it goes to the liver to burn the stored sugar and does not get to burn fat til that is done. Since I saw this segment, I have stopped eating every few hours and have tried extending my "fast" beyond breakfast. Hugh Jackman also uses this concept, and I must say he looks pretty good.  Wink 
Houndy
Houndy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Tue May 13, 2014 1:48 pm

Would you mind sharing info on what Mr. Jackman said about his extended fasting routine.  I read somewhere about reality star did not start eating until 2pm everyday and she has lost a considerable a mount of weight and looks great.  So there really must be something to it.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue May 13, 2014 3:31 pm

Houndy- thats a really good explanation of what happens in the body. Makes perfect sense to me! Ill take it!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Annna Tue May 20, 2014 6:23 pm

hi, here is the link to the Dr. Oz episode.. it took me a little bit to find. he has Dr. Fuhrum on quite a bit. makes total sense, I'm trying to extend my fasting time also, understanding it makes it easier. Question though:...... I only take my vitamin in the morning, and water... then workout. I eat my 5 bites right after working out so my blood sugar doesn't drop. doesn't that send me right back to the liver and my workout was for nothing then?

http://www.doctoroz.com/episode/biggest-health-lies-making-you-fat

Annna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next