5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tea's Journal

+15
alexswins
starbucks addict
darkshines
Brighteyes1385
vicky
CJCLFC
Dani
herbsgirl
kitty
Lisa
3jaysmom
Phil
walkerlori
Jenny P.
teaismyhappyplace
19 posters

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 8 Empty Re: Tea's Journal

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:39 pm

Phil- yeah i find that the first week u have to literally pick up ur butt and force urself to do it. but after that u get in the pattern of doing it and its really good!

so the weekend hasnt been that great- brother came home from college for the weekend, and of course he loves my cooking and therefore- lots of eating Sad anyway, i still got mt workouts in so it wasnt the worst in the world, just more than it should be. DEF not 5 bites fri/sat.

Today is sunday- start of a new week with no excuses at all finally. Gotta lose this weight now.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:06 am

today was good. had 8 bites of chicken for lunch, 2 bites of chicken + 2 bites potato+ 3 bites swiss chard for dinner. I ran in the morning, and im going to go for a 15 min jog right now, take a shower, make some tea and chill for the night.
totally re-starting and considering this day 1 of a very strict 3 weeks. current goal 3 lbs/week for 3 weeks. Doing this with u Phil. pirat

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Sep 28, 2010 3:49 am

lol bring it on!!!

3 weeks... I reallly need to learn not to weigh everyday!!

Check out the new page/ section of the forum (check in page!)
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Sep 28, 2010 1:44 pm

Present weight- 112.5

Phil- i just posted on there, thanks for adding that. The chat feature is really cool too! I think its really helpful to just have a place where u have to check in with everyday, and everyone can see it quick and easy and u can see where every one else is out in comparison to urself. Hopefully it helps us out as a group. 3 weeks with LOTS of accountability and support.

yesterday was good, i think im going to take my own advice and do 8X2 for 3 days and then drop down to 5X2 and then cycle it up and see what i need. Im making the majority of the bites protein since i am working out a lot. I actually ran twice yesterday and granted the night run was only 20 minutes, i wasnt too tired out from either- guess im getting back in shape- it feels so good!! Shocked Last time when i was strictly on this diet i lost 2 lbs a week- but im pretty sure my metabolism slowed way down- lets see if adding in the cardio prevents that. Hoping to see some fat loss now, rather than weight in general. Ill keep u all updated of course!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Sep 29, 2010 12:00 am

Thats Great Tea!!

I love the feeling of getting in shape... lol like your actually accomplishing something!

I hope people start using the chat feature! it would be call to talk to other 5biters in real time!

Yesterday was a dud day for me... BUT its the 29th September 2010 in Australia lol so I'm almost a day ahead... SO will post for the 29th in the check in page... but it won't be before tonight!

Lol sorry just thinking about how these silly timezone things work confused

112.5 is fantastic! you don't have too much to go before your goal! Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:46 am

exactly. im just thankful that i got on the scale when i did and braved the bad news before it got too much to handle. 7 lbs isnt horrible to work off, and plus im working out which i wasnt doing last time, so hopefully i wont just lose weight but also get in shape!

dude just clock in whatever u did today, no stress, no pressure- just motivation all around. Just be accountable for what went down and tomorrow make sure that ur proud of ur post! you can do this kiddo- me, 3jaysmom and im sure others all have 3 week goals along with u. We're all in this together.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:58 am

Thanks Tea!! Smile

So far haven't had anything and its 3pm... but won't have anything till later tongiht... but its nite times that are torture Razz
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 29, 2010 5:18 am

oh i knoww. I find having a large cup of tea/chugging some water before eating helps tho. The only catch is that most of the time i FORGET about this little tactic and i go into meals starving and then its trouble. Im going to try to make a habit of chugging water before meals. It helps if u remember to use it
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 29, 2010 1:03 pm

weighed in at 111.5 today!! whooo! on the way down finally, guess i was using all the exercise as an excuse for being able to eat more... which would be true if i were trying to maintain my weight, but not when trying to lose. Can't wait to be in the 10-'s again.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:08 pm

so its about 5:00pm on wednesday here and im really kinda tired today- i think for the calories i put in i may have pushed a little hard on the treadmill today. For lunch today i had 3 bites of grilled chicken breast + 1 bite veggie curry from last night + 2 bites chicken that was in the chinese rice from the fridge. At the time i felt like i ate way too much and i felt guilty for eating all that, but it was just 6 bites and they werent huge bites either.... guess my stomach has shrunk down, it is after all day 3 of being super strict with myself. I had a cup of tea and tho im not hungry anymore im starting to get that little light feeling in my head so i had a lick of salt to hopefully kick up the BP. I keep trying to remember that at lunch i felt guilty, and tho it obv wasnt that much and its digested away now i still have to maintain my discipline and behave. Going to go suck at play tennis with my dad in a little while, that should help with distraction and calorie burning too. Im not very good, but my dad is trying to teach me which is kinda cute. Ill update later after i PROMISE to have good progress about dinner!

dinner- 4 bites grilled chicken breast + 2 bites corn off the cob + 2 bites grilled potatoes + 2 bites grilled bell pepper.

worked off- 330 calories in the morning + tennis + 300 calories in the PM
i went a little over in bites for dinner but i had to sample everything... and i made myself run at night after tennis too to make up for it.
I reallllly resisted going for seconds at dinner today. I just worked so hard to not screw up the day and i didnt want to hate myself for tripping now so late in the day. So im kinda proud of myself for that at least. Dinner is such an obligation in my house, i would love to just not eat dinner and just go to bed early instead but my mom puts so much effort and love into making food every day, even after a long day at work that it breaks my heart to not appreciate her work. I try my absolute best to stick to the bite restrictions but my family doesnt understand this diet at all so i just try to work around them.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:21 pm

weigh in= 110.8
whoa the weight is just coming right off really fast. I think its all the cardio, cuz it didnt come off this quick last time. Also i've been making sure that the bites i eat are as helpful to fat burning as possible, meaning laying off the carbs, eating mostly protein and getting only slow releasing carbs out of my tea/sugar hit. Its now day 4, im not too hungry- but im def feeling weaker. Each time i have a little protein it seems to keep me full longer and i get a pep of energy too so i think im going to stick with it- its better than me eating breads and stuff where its less satisfying.

Conversely tho- last night i was realllly tired (not sleepy), almost ate something and then chatted with my sister for a while to distract myself. going to bed hungry at least for me seems to lead to nice weight loss presents in the morning. Also, i was expecting to have trouble sleeping last night, but after all the cardio right after dinner and a shower i didnt have much trouble.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:57 pm

Yesterday was great till about 4, and then.... yeah i think its better to just move on from there rather than try to account for all the mistakes. Anyway, just one day of horrible is not that bad as long as i can get back on track today- which is exactly what i plan to do.

I have another 5 lbs to go till im back to 105 and i think i can do that in a week. This is winding down to the last days of week 1 of my 3 week challenge and i want to make friday and saturday perfect so here we go. I think in all honesty the reason i screwed up yesterday is cuz i lost my pattern. I had to go to the mechanic right when i usually run so i skipped out on my morning jog and then i came home and i was fine- but i didnt have my usual tea to stave off the hunger and then i ate way too much and there was no way i could get on the treadmill for my afternoon jog either cuz i was so weighed down, so it was a bit of a mess.

Today there are no such excuses. I'm going to skip out on lunch today, im actually still kinda full from yesterday. My abs are starting to look kick ass awesome (maybe ill post up pics in another week- ill use that as motivation to be good and do more crunches!) i have to just keep up what im doing, change nothing and the weight will come off. Nice and easy. Alright- going to do the morning routine to hopefully burn off some of yesterdays ick. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:35 pm

Isn't it funny how a small change in routine can throw everything off?! I hope today goes well!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Oct 05, 2010 2:12 pm

so, saturday and sunday were spent being sick... and monday was spent recovering with bland foods, so i didnt lose weight, and it was NOT fun. I ate some way too spicey food on saturday while trying to be adventurous and it ended badly to say the least No

but eh, thats life, its all over now and time to get back to my routine. I had lost 3 lbs last week, and i maintained that- im still at 110.5 so its still 5 lbs till the back-to-before goal. There are still 2 weeks left of the challenge and honestly i think that if i focus and dont have any more weird incidences i can get down to 104 in that time with 3lbs a week lost. I feel good and i feel positive that this week, since im so close now to the goal im very motivated to do this in one fell swoop. bounce Like a Star @ heaven bounce
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia Tue Oct 05, 2010 5:32 pm

teaismyhappyplace wrote:oh i knoww. I find having a large cup of tea/chugging some water before eating helps tho. The only catch is that most of the time i FORGET about this little tactic and i go into meals starving and then its trouble. Im going to try to make a habit of chugging water before meals. It helps if u remember to use it

It's awesome that this works for you. Personally I can't do that because it expands my belly too much. I try not to put more than a teacup in my belly at one time, because then it stretches my stomach and my hunger pains start to come back. I make it a rule not to drink anything when I eat because of this. And if I am super thirsty I will allow a small mouthful of water. But none the less tea and green tea above all are awesome at fighting the fat!
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:19 am

i think the only reason that this doesnt stretch my stomach out is cuz its so empty while on this diet. I literally drink down the liquids and within maybe 30 minutes its thru the system. I never ever drink while im eating unless im at a restaurant and trying to keep pace with those around me so they dont notice that im not eating as much as they are. Like a Star @ heaven Like a Star @ heaven
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Oct 06, 2010 3:32 am

this is interesting...
i think im the opposite of u both, i like to drink water as I eat as I feel it fills me up so much quicker... not only during but before and after as well...

As for the stretching off the stomach... I don't think it actually does stretch it... i mean it may for like half an hour to an hour after all that water, but I doubt it will have an affect on the diet or ur weight loss, since it takes about 3 days of constant stretching for ur muscles to take (at least thats what i got from dr L) who said that liquids dont stretch ur stomach!?

On another note... look at this link ITS SOOOOO motivating... this people were on the 5 Bite Diet and have lost HEAPS of weight! (especially the 100lbs+ people!! as its my goal)

http://www.theslimmingstation.com/about_before_after.php
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Tea's Journal - Page 8 Empty SO ROYALLY PISSED RIGHT NOW

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Oct 06, 2010 2:00 pm

weigh in = 112.0 WTF... how did i gain weight???? COME ON alright so i had a few sucky days after the last weigh in but i hardly think 2 lbs is the backlash! the most horrible part tho is that i do look thinner!! Everyone says i look thinner, my jeans are fitting looser, my abs are tighter, i FEEL smaller, i was SURE that today i would be under 110, im so so pissed right now to find a gain!

Caveat= I have been working out A LOT (but not 2 lbs worth of muscle in a week), which is more than likely a contributing factor cuz before when i was at my weight goal i just had fat since i hadnt maintained a hardcore schedule for an extended amt of time since 3 years ago, and now i have a lot more muscle, and yesterday i started lifting in addition to cardio and now im SUPER sore No (so maybe i've retained water in the muscle temporarily in inflammation- no idea).

Regardless, this just proves that i have to be even more strict with what im eating. From now on 5x2 and thats it. I couldnt have had THAT much fat on me, and i really dont want that much muscle on me either. I just wanted to lose the fat and tone up. From now on, tea twice a day, 5 bites of watever at lunch and 5 bites of some protein at dinner. PERIOD No more cheats and moments of weakness. Its all off limits. Just a week and a half to go with this challenge.

Thanks phil, i saw the link and yeah if super old people can do it so can everyone else!!! haha
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:21 pm

weight - 110.3
breakfast- about 5 bites of yogurt + 1 bite cream cheese
lunch- 1 small apple
dinner- TBA

morning workout- 350 calories, afternoon- tennis + 2 mile walk at the park

been a little MIA, but friday went well, i planned for my pizza destruction, so i chugged MAJOR water before and then had just half a slice and was totally happy with it. Saturday, went apple picking so i def had lots of apples, and then had some smart choices for dinner and im calling it a win. Today, I was reallllly hungry all morning and i was going to just jog but i was so unmotivated, so i had about 3/4 cup of yogurt and little spoon tip of cream cheese ( i was so craving it), and i felt better. Got thru my morning routine and then had tea. Im just going to sip on tea for the rest of the day and make it to a very small dinner. These weekends set me back too much and i spend mon/tuesday making up for it. Gotta focus! Like a Star @ heaven

today was much more physical than originally planned, i feel like ive been doing cardio since i woke up....and i was sticking to 5 bite throughout till i got home and had a lot of dinner... omg i was exhausted tho, days like that i just cant stick to 5 bite, i get too cold and my head hurts!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:48 pm

I think for the physically demanding lifestyle i now push myself towards, I cant be on this diet anymore. I take too much from myself every day and then after a few days it leads to a binge or some kind or another and im not losing weight really. Yes i've gained quite a bit of muscle, but i really need to lose weight faster than this by eliminating those stupid binge periods.

Im glad for the friends that i've made here and i wish u all the BEST of luck. I kinda outlined the diet that im going to return back to on Phil's page if u want to peek. This diet works but i think it only works when im not doing much physically during the day (working, studying, going to school). But with the amount of crazy that im doing right now, this diet is not doing the job.

Cheers
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:38 pm

Tea!! lol it feels likes this is a good bye for both of us Sad

But it's just a cya later Smile

I wish u the best on ur journey of life and weightloss!

U have been a true inspiration and pleasure to talk to and have been an amazing support to so many of us! For all of that THANK YOU!

Good Luck!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Oct 12, 2010 3:19 pm

u bet Phil, cya around!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Oct 20, 2010 5:18 pm

Tea, I hope you check back in occasionally Smile
I hope you are able to overcome the bingeing and reach your goals, it's been really great being on this journey together and I wish you the best.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Jan 16, 2011 5:54 pm

HEY GUYS!
alright so im back.
I'm now in an ideal living situation so this diet is more than doable for me. Im living on my own in a new city for the next 12 weeks without the pressures of family and friends to direct my eating. Everything is completely decided by me and i can keep my place empty of anything if i wanted to just to make this diet doable.

so to be fair- what happened...
1- last time i was on this diet i got down to 105 lbs, a weight that i hadnt been in YEARS and i felt super, looked great and i was so happy.
2- this was right before sitting my board exams and so it was kinda keeping me in a slight mental fog and i was having trouble retaining what i was studying each day.
3- took a break so that i could just put my body on hold for a little while so i could finish my work. gained about 5 lbs (110lbs total)
4- took my exam, did well (thank goodness)
5- then started working out since i had the time, gained about 7 lbs in muscle weight, metabolism went thru the roof and i could NOT lose weight cuz i was expending so much energy playing tennis and running and gardening and doing all this stuff that 5 bites was NOT happening. (117 lbs total)
6- decided it was time to just chuck the diet and enjoy being athletic for a while, maintained by weight, got my running stamina back and built alot of strength in my arms with the tennis, but not an OUNCE of weight loss and i was not happy.
7- brings me up to about october where the weather was getting colder and i was in no mood to be working out in the cold.
8- october - december, didnt gain further weight but i felt HORRIBLE, chubby and my skinny clothes that i bought at 105 wasnt fitting right anymore. I was not eating right, from thanksgiving to new years and i was enjoying my first holiday season with my family in 3 years.
9- its january, im working in a different city living on my own and enough is enough!!!! I know that i gained the weight in part cuz i was surrounded by food all the time, in part cuz i was just eating without cause, and in part cuz i was just enjoying the party. haha but it was fun and now its over and done with. The lovely weather is coming up soon and i refuse to feel crappy about myself and feeling like that stupid test messed with me and took control.
10- Im back on a semi-5 bite diet at this point. I eat very little thru the day mostly of fruit and veggies and i stay away from carbs (which just make me tired), and meat (which clog up my system when on a reduced calorie diet). So far i have lost 3 lbs in the first week and im going strong. I want to be down to 100-105 by the time i go home in April and if i dont do it now, things are only going to get more hectic and im going to have a harder time doing this in the future. I need to just do this properly and then put it behind me. I have another board exam to take sometime this year as well and i dont want to be dieting thru that. I want the weight off and then to just eat normal healthy stuff during that time so dont have to worry about the up and down anymore.

I know this forum has cooled down a lot, but i just need some place to write my thoughts and to maintain accountable for what i did and a place to celebrate my successes and to vent out my weaknesses. I think that since the weight gain has been pretty new, it shouldnt take that long to knock off. I dont think that 16 lbs in 12 weeks is too much to ask for at all and im confident that it shouldnt be a problem- this diet gives u such a great feeling of control that u CAN do it. alien cya around!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Jan 17, 2011 2:36 am

You can do it, girl! Other people are always my downfall, so I would LOVE to be able to focus on myself for a few months and get throught it. You are so motivated, I know you'll do it in the time you have. They funny thing is, my goal weight (kinda) is more than your starting, lol. 125. But, I'm 5'7'', so thats my excuse....I know you're into working out, too, so I just wanted to share a new workout. His name is Hamelin D'Abell (sp?) and his workouts are really amazing. He has a few workouts posted on his facebook page- they are 20 min or so, and the results are great. they don't look like much, but they are killer, and quicker than alot of others. His philosophy is like Tracy Anderson, he focuses on small muscle groups for a sleek, non bulky look. Anyway.....welcome back!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 9 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next