5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

5 bites and hypoglycemic?

4 posters

Go down

5 bites and hypoglycemic? Empty 5 bites and hypoglycemic?

Post  spryng Mon Aug 01, 2011 1:30 pm

Hello all!!! I wrote this up a minute ago and it wouldn't post for some reason so let me try again.

I've been lurking on these forums for a few days now, completely intrigued with this plan! I have been battling these last 30 lbs for almost a year now and have been looking for the perfect portion control plan that doesn't require couting or tracking etc and this sounds right up my alley! Anyway, I do have some questions though. Has anyone had success with 15 bites a day instead of just 10? I'm hypoglycemic so I can't skip breakfast, it seems to stabilize me for the day or else I'll get sick. So does anyone do a 5 bite breakfast? I guess I could try skipping dinner then and just using my 5 bites for breakfast and lunch or something... what do you think? has anyone lost on 15 bites a day? anyway, I'm just curious how to make this work for me. I can't wait to start!!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

5 bites and hypoglycemic? Empty Been trying to lose 30LBs for 15 years!

Post  Bite_On_This Mon Aug 08, 2011 1:43 pm

I'm on the same boat as you in terms of the amount I'd like to lose, only I've been battling it a looong time, and I want to seek this one through for once. Hypoglycemia runs in the family, however it's day 3 for me now, and my body is certainly adjusting to the smaller intakes of food. Sure you may get the shakes, that's when I'd push for no-calorie liquids. I feel the more you're body's used to eating all the time, the shakier you'll get once you start the 5bd because it's like a slap in face to your body. So be careful, maybe trying the whole 15 bites a day / aka weening the body's intake to smaller portions and eventually into the exact 5bd will be a healthier segue. Much luck!! You'll do great.

Bite_On_This

Back to top Go down

5 bites and hypoglycemic? Empty Re: 5 bites and hypoglycemic?

Post  jgraston Tue Sep 06, 2011 9:48 pm

spryng wrote:Hello all!!! I wrote this up a minute ago and it wouldn't post for some reason so let me try again.

I've been lurking on these forums for a few days now, completely intrigued with this plan! I have been battling these last 30 lbs for almost a year now and have been looking for the perfect portion control plan that doesn't require couting or tracking etc and this sounds right up my alley! Anyway, I do have some questions though. Has anyone had success with 15 bites a day instead of just 10? I'm hypoglycemic so I can't skip breakfast, it seems to stabilize me for the day or else I'll get sick. So does anyone do a 5 bite breakfast? I guess I could try skipping dinner then and just using my 5 bites for breakfast and lunch or something... what do you think? has anyone lost on 15 bites a day? anyway, I'm just curious how to make this work for me. I can't wait to start!!

I'm new to the forum, but not to weight loss nor Hypoglycemia. My opinion is that you should listen to your body. For the first few days, I would stick with the regimine but make sure that my bites were geared towards maintaining blood sugar. Also, you could keep on top of things and test in between your meals. If your blood sugar levels are remaining stable then the standard system should be fine. However, you could also look into doing a 3x3x3 or a 4x4x4 system. I don't know that I'd go 5x5x5 to be honest.

Josh
jgraston
jgraston

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Sep 06, 2011 11:30 pm

thanks Josh! Yeah what I ended up doing was splitting my breakfast and dinners for a few days until my body adjusted, like I'd have 3 bites for breakfast, 5 for lunch then 2 for dinner until I was able to skip breakfast completely and not effect my sugar levels. I haven't had breakfast in over 4 weeks now and I've never felt better! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Wed Sep 07, 2011 12:09 am

excellent idea, Spryng and Josh.

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down