5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Spryng into my journey with me

+31
Maernet
mommieof2
ramanrai
rugbygirl87
3jaysmom
AllieT
pinklipstick
teaismyhappyplace
misunderstood
Snow White
chic
herbsgirl
16Again
starfish
amu82
insanity
LLJames
Jesabelle
shanni82
connie
Moonie
starbucks addict
wstreet8110
jgraston
shnookie
ewhetstone
SaltyDog
Dmac
Greenbeans
Lisa
spryng
35 posters

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next

Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  Greenbeans Wed Aug 10, 2011 9:32 pm

Thanks a lot for the words of encourage :-) I ate my 5 delicious bites and I ate them slow. Knowing there will be leftovers for 5 bites at lunch tomorrow made it easier. I certainly feel satisfied now. However, my bites may have been a little bit larger than usual so I hope that doesn't effect my progress so far. All in all I didn't end up with a terrible outcome like I thought I would :-)

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Spryng into my journey with me  - Page 2 Empty Re: Spryng into my journey with me

Post  spryng Wed Aug 10, 2011 10:41 pm

Good for you Greenbeans! I knew you could do it!!! Smile

ok so my meals are done for today.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites of breakfast bagel (eggs and cheese and bagel)
D- 5 beef and rice dish

I didn't get dinner until after 5pm and normally I get it between 3-4pm and suprisingly I wasn't that hungry. I felt a little weak so I knew I needed some fuel but not that hungry so that was nice Smile

Looking forward to having another day behind me. Today is day 10, can't believe I'm already through 10 days!! it's flying by Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:08 pm

10 days is really great, congrats! :-)

I've felt very weak the past 3 mornings but it goes away once I eat lunch. I cheated a little bit today at lunch and had 6 bites of quiche instead of 5. There weren't any pizza leftovers, lol. I feel bad about it and I'm not sure if I should have just 4 bites for dinner or go ahead with 5 bites. Last time I did the diet the weight loss wasn't really affected by an extra bite one day but I wouldn't want to ruin my progress. So we'll see what happens.

How's it going with you?

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:59 pm

Green beans hang in there!!! 6 bites probably won't hurt you at all but what I see commonly on this site is when you go over once you go over again and then again and then before you know it you've blown it. So check yourself quick and get right back on plan at your next meal...not tomorrow, today, dinner, you can do it!!! remember this is a fast diet so we can rip the bandaid off dieting and just be done with it, so remember, it's temporary, we can do anything for a short period of time so don't beat yourself up, it's done, its over, right back on plan Smile You can do it!

My day has been strange. Diet-wise it's great.

B-nothing
L-5 bites beef and rice
D- 5 bites protein bar

But this diet has my period all messed up. I just finished my period a couple days ago and now it started again!! but that does make sense why I had that .8 gain earlier this week. So lets hope it evens itself out but I've been kinda depressed and feeling so emotional today, I hate that. I know your body releases estrogen from fat cells as they are being burned so it messes with your hormones, I just wish I knew if there is something I can do to even them out etc because I just feel so emotional and cranky! don't forget the cranky, LOL and a cranky mommy is not good...so I've been trying to keep my thoughts light and try to keep my spirits lifted and lets hope this passes soon!!!! But we had a storm last night which knocked my work phone line out so I missed all my meetings today then once they fixed the phone my internet crashed so I haven't been able to work today which was kinda nice since I was feeling so down anyway but that means more work tomorrow. Oh well.. such is life. Roll with the punches right? Instead of waiting for the rain to stop learn how to dance in the rain, right? boy I'm trying, LOL

But today is day 11 and I'm psyched about that. I must admit its been a long time since I've stuck 100% to a diet for 11 days...so that makes me proud and we have to give ourselves credit when it due for sure. So here is to another day behind us and a new one looming, we can do this!!!! flower
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Aug 12, 2011 7:47 pm

You are doing awesome spryng keep it up I love reading about your success on the diet.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Fri Aug 12, 2011 8:18 pm

That's right spryng, stay positive!

Day 5 for me and I feel great Smile

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:48 am

Day 12 is at an end... for some reason today I just kinda felt my willpower leaving...but I talked myself down and no damage done. Thanks Dmac and Greenbeans for your words of encouragement! They were very helpful for sure.

So today I had my 2nd dining out experiance on the plan. Went to Ruby Tuesday's and I looked over the menu and was trying to find something that would make a perfect bite, LOL I'm always on the prowl for something with protein and carbs so I get lasting energy from it. So I actually ordered my meal from the appetizer menu, a chicken quesadilla with avocado and bacon, those were 5 delicious bites! And I had enough left for lunch tomorrow as well. So I ate my 5 bites and didn't feel like I was missing out as the rest of the family was still eating their meals. I chatted and enjoyed my ice tea. Then it was time to burn some calories with my exercise of choice... shopping! LOL!! so anyway, all in all it was a great day and Im glad I didn't listen to my inner sabeteur that wanted me to cheat. So 12 days down... can't wait for 13. Here is my meals today:

B-nothing
L- 5 bites beef and rice
D- 5 bites chicken quesadilla

Have a great evening all! I'll check back in tomorrow!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Sat Aug 13, 2011 2:44 pm

You made a great choice spryng! That quesedilla sounds declious. and with all the success you've been having as a result from all your efforts, you deserved that shopping! Keep it up Smile

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  Greenbeans Sat Aug 13, 2011 11:28 pm

Hey spryng, I hope you had a more succesful day than I did. I had to take a break from the 5 bite today, but it was all for a good cause. My grandmother and I visited my grandfather in the hospital (he's fine (: ) and she wanted to have lunch with me. I agreed because I didn't want her to worry and I knew it'd make her happy. So I ended up eating half of a veggie wrap, just a few fries and a small cookie. I felt very full afterwards which worries me because I don't want my stomach to stretch back to normal.

I'm not going to let this ruin my spirits though! The worst that happens is I gain a pound back. That's nothing compared to what I've lost so far Smile which would be about 6 lbs since Monday. I'll continue tomorrow and everything will be all right. At least my food was really good!

Greenbeans

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Aug 14, 2011 1:54 pm

Good morning all! Sorry I wasn't able to get back on yesterday. Got caught up in reading and louging out on the patio Smile
Yesterday was a great 5BD day.
B-nothing
L-5 bites baked potato topped with bbq pulled pork (yum!)
D- 5 bites leftover quesadillas

Yesterday was really tough though, I felt hungry ALL day and cravings? oh man the cravings....
Today though I'm gonna take a break. Just for today. I've really struggled the past few days and I weighed this morning and I'm only down .8 lbs this week which is disheartening after all my hard work so I think my body may be in starvation mode and refusing to budge much so today I'm gonna eat more. I don't plan to binge or go crazy but I'll probably have all 3 meals and a few extra bites if I like but I'm gonna listen to my body for sure. Take in some extra calories so my body won't think I'm dieting and let go of some more weight next week. And tomorrow I'll be right back on plan. You should see the little dishes I bought at Pier One yesterday, the perfectly tiny plates and bowls that will hold probably 5 bites only, so it looks like your plate is full, LOL they were so cute I couldn't pass them up. So I'm looking forward to using them tomorrow.
So anyway, I'll let you know how it goes and we'll see if this kick starts my metabolism again. I'm 162.2 today..I was hoping for 160 after 14 days on plan. I'm getting there, just very slowly now.

Greenbeans, sounds like you didn't go off plan too much! just a few extra bites. Don't weigh for a couple days so if you had sodium retention you don't see it on the scale but it will be flushed out of ya in no time, drink some extra green tea or water and you are gonna be right back on plan. Hang in there! I'm learning that this diet isn't easy at all but I do love how I feel on it. So lets keep going forward. Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Aug 15, 2011 12:04 pm

Day 15, yay!

So yesterday went as planned. I ate more to see if it would kick start something...but I paid for it as well. Was sick to my stomach all night. I didn't pvereat but I ate some fried stuff and grease and me don't get along anymore for some reason. So I'm glad to be back on plan today, sipping my green tea because my stomach is still a little upset.
Its the kids first day back to school today and my youngest starts school for the first time, so this will be the first time in YEARS that I get the house all to myself while I work today, woo hoo! I'm sad and excited at the same time Smile

Well I'll check back in later on what I ate today. Happy monday!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:58 pm

So I have renewed zeal and energy today for this plan! Maybe yesterday wasn't just about kickstarting my weightloss again but also a mental health day because I don't have any cravings today and don't feel emotionally weak at all like I was dealing with the past few days.

B-nothing
L- 5 bites ham and veggie omlet
D- 5 bites baked potato with bbq pulled pork topping it

So in all it's been a great day. Day 15 down, can't wait for 16!!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Aug 16, 2011 9:17 pm

Day 16 at an end, yay! another day down...

today's meals:

B-nothing
L-5 bites omelet
D-5 bites beef and rice

Been feeling so good this week! I'm a little sluggish every morning but once I get lunch I'm so energized the rest of the day. No cravings or anything this week so far, that is always nice.
We are going to a fishing derby in a couple weeks (labor day weekend)and meeting up with my parents, it will be the first time I've seen my family since the beginning of June so I hope they can see some weightloss. I'm hoping against hope I'm at least another 6 lbs down by then... but we'll see. I wish I would have measured myself before I started because I can tell I've lost a few inches as my shorts are so loose and shirts are fitting much more flattering. But I didn't think about it before hand. So those of you thinking about starting measure first! those weeks you slow down in weightloss it will inspire you to keep going by seeing how many inches you have lost because I know I've lost several I just have nothing to compare it to right now.
Well I'm gonna close with some words of motivation that has helped me:
Start thinking like a thin person, your life doesn't revolve around food anymore!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:16 pm

Day 17 coming to an end, woo hoo!

B-nothing
L-5 bites beef and rice
D- 5 bites chicken fried rice

I know, I have rice like everyday, LOL I just like it and the protein and the carbs really gives me energy and fills me up. So its my meal of choice, any casserole really, makes the perfect bite Smile

Well I see things have gotten quiet on the threads again. I'm back to talking to myself. Hopefully we'll have some new ones join soon and maybe some of you experianced 5 biters will come back!

Ok I'm signing off now, looking forward to day 18!! flower
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Aug 18, 2011 3:33 am

Way to go u are doing great I'm going on vacation for 11 days I will 5 bite some of those days but when I get back I am going to be more active on here again I've let myself slide and I need to get focused again. But u are doing awesome u are inspiring keep up the good work Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:40 am

Dmac, 11 days of vacation sounds great! Have fun and enjoy yourself! I look forward to your posts when you get back Smile

I'll be back on later to post my days meals.
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:16 pm

So today was a blah day at work....was so swamped that I got lunch late and dinner too.. sucks, lol I'm just glad I only have one more day then the weekend starts.

B- nothing
L- 5 bites angel hair pasta and chicken
D-5 bites beef and bean burrito

So day 18 is almost under my belt. I can't believe I'm more than half way through a month on this diet. I'm very proud of my determination. How many days does it take to make something a habit? 20 days? boy I hope that is right because I can eat 10 bites for a VERY long time. Its such second nature to count my bites now and to stop at 5. Not a problem at all to toss out anything leftover etc. Its such a nice feeling to feel in control over my food and appetite. That doesn't happen very often.

Well here is to another day behind us, we can do this!!!! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:35 pm

Hi Spryng! It does get quiet on these boards quite often, but I'll be here every day to help keep ya going!!! I would love the same help!

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:25 pm

I'm here everyday too so I sure appreciate that! I don't mind talking to myself most days but when I start answering back ,woo! its time for real people, LMAO!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:38 pm

Ok day 19, wow! time is sure flying!

B- nothing
L- 5 bites angel hair pasta and chicken
D- 5 bites bean and cheese burrito

I'm so glad today is friday and this week is finally over! I actually got off early today from work since our mainframe system crashed and they have no idea when it will be back up so yay for me! but hopefully it's up monday. So it gave me a few hours of quiet time before the kids got home from school. So now I'm ready for a noisy busy house all weekend Smile

spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:35 pm

Happy Weekend, Spryng! Congrats on another great week....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:18 pm

Day 20! almost 3 solid weeks, I'm so proud of myself.

So today:

B-nothing
L-5 bites burrito supreme from taco bell (I've been wanting one all week, LOL)
D-5 bites chicken/mushroom angel hair pasta my husband made and was sooooo good!

I went grocery shopping today and found lots of new items to try this week that can be quick convenience foods while I'm working. Like a single entree stouffers lasagna, and a single entree chicken breast with mashed potatoes. A tortilla casserole with black beans, a single serving chicken cordon bleu etc. Just some new things to try that will be quick and easy for lunch each day. So my official weigh in for this week is coming up tomorrow, can't wait! Ill let you know how it turns out. Keep your fingers crossed its a good week. I need some good news. Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Sun Aug 21, 2011 2:12 am

I can't wait to hear how your weigh in goes tomorrow!!

Good goin' on the shopping. This plan has opened soooooo many doors as far as different foods I can eat. On the other program I was on, so much was 'off limits' that maintaining that weight and fighting off the 'bingeing' urge was impossible. This program allows me what---ever I want! Yesterday when i had that Snickers bar....do you know how many years (YEARS!) it's been since I had a candy bar???? It was soooooo yummy and I felt no guilt at all!!!! FREEEEEDOM.

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Sun Aug 21, 2011 1:12 pm

I agree Saltydog! Its so nice to know nothing is off limits! I can have all of my favorite things, big macs, burrito supremes, pizza, pasta, chocolate, anything and everything, just 5 bites but I can have it and because its only 5 bites I find I really savor it more. Enjoy each and every bite! Hey do you ever find you lose count of your bites? if I'm having a conversation while eating, man I forget how many bites I had, LOL I have to literally take a minute to look over my food and figure it out. Youd think 5 bites would be easy to keep track of, LOL I'm thinking about a bracelet with 5 charms I can move when I take a bite while I'm out etc with friends or family so I am not distracted, LOL

well today is day 21, 3 weeks on the plan and my official weigh in this morning I'm down 1.8 lbs this week. I'm actually very happy with that! So I'm 160.4 today, woo hoo! Also I got a great compliment from my husband last night. As I've told you he is an over the road truck driver so I only see him on the weekends and even though I haven't measured myself I can tell I'm losing inches faster than lbs the past 2 weeks. He said last night that he can really see the changes already, the inches lost. Made my night! I know if someone was to come up and tug on my shorts they would just fall off, LOL lets hope that doesn't happen, I probably need to buy a belt, LOL

I also changed my goals. I had written out week by week what I'd weigh if I lost 3 lbs a week. Which I thought was realistic on this diet and it is! just for other people, not for my old beat up and worn out metabolism. For me I think 1.5 - 2 lbs a week is more realistic so instead of being at goal by thanksgiving which I would LOVE! for me it will add on another 9-10 nweeks. But my bday is feb 11th and I'll definitely be at goal before then so that is encouraging! If I can lose 2 full lbs a week going forward I can be at goal by the end of jan 2012 so its still doable and exciting and I will keep plugging along Smile

Well I hope everyone is having a great 5 bite weekend! I'll check back in later with my meals for today.

I meant to add I'm down a total of 8.2 lbs in 3 weeks which is awesome when I see the big picture Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  SaltyDog Sun Aug 21, 2011 9:52 pm

AWESOME work, Spryng!!! Keep it goin.....

SaltyDog

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 27 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 14 ... 27  Next