5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lisa's daily journal

5 posters

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Go down

Lisa's daily journal - Page 4 Empty Re: Lisa's daily journal

Post  Lisa Mon Jan 03, 2011 3:12 am

What the hell, I screwed up AGAIN. I don't know why I can't seem to do this, I'm so discouraged. I haven't been so heavy in years, and I'm still stuffing my face every chance I get.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:26 am

Naww Lisa, its annoying when u can't get it! but keep trying - i know how ur feeling!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:15 am

Lets face facts.... you are not heavy! Very Happy You may be heavier than before, but I'm sure you look great. When I read your posts, I feel like you are so rough on yourself. I'm sure you are one of those people who are your own worst critic..... Sad When you are ready, you'll do it. One thing this diet has taught me is to not feel guilty at all. It's only food! I feel bad that I have only maintained for the last few months, and not lost, but I know this diet works when I put my mind to it- and actually do it. If you eat to much at one meal, start all over the next. Just trust yourself that you will reach your goal, and don't beat yourself up about a few bumps along the way! Ok, I'm done being a mom to you now....sorry, I cant help it sometimes! Smile

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:56 am

Thanks for the kind words, both of you! Sometimes I need to have some sense knocked into me... Smile

Since my last post I've just been taking it easy. No binges, but no five bite either. I'm just trying to get back to "normal" eating.

I think I'm going to try a new approach to this diet. I have to admit to myself that doing things "cold turkey" hasn't ever seemed to work with this in the past. In fact, even when I DO do well on the diet, the weight loss doesn't last: I fall into a major binge which seems to last until I'm actually higher than my starting weight. No good.

Rather than go cold turkey, I'm going to take a "baby steps" approach. The first thing I want to do is change to eating two meals a day with no snacking. Shouldn't be hard, that's how my body's wired to work anyway (never been a breakfast eater, and my night eating is out of boredom, not hunger). Once I'm satisfied with my progress there, I'll probably start counting/capping bites for each meal. For now I'll just focus on the two meal strategy.

When I was really thin in my early twenties that's basically what I did: two meals, no counting of any kind. A lot of times one or the other meal was very small/healthy/low in calories, like chicken soup with half a grilled cheese sandwich, or a turkey sandwich with lettuce, or maybe chicken caesar salad with no dressing or croutons (not a fan). Sometimes I'd throw in an apple as a snack throughout the day. Nothing wrong with eating like that! Sometimes that second meal would be some serious calories: a plate of nachos, a burrito, lasagna, a quarter of a cake (no lie). Keep in mind however, I was maintaining my weight, not actively losing, at the time.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jan 05, 2011 5:10 pm

I think you have to find a way to make it work for you. Most of the time I didn't do 5 bite twice a day, it was probably five 3X a day, or, like you said, two meals a day, and keep one healthy. I think if you can stay mindfull of what you eat, and not deprive yourself, you will not feel the need to binge and lose weight easily. When l think of how I ate in my 20's, too (it wasn't that long ago, but feels like ages, ugh) didn't think too much about what I ate, probably only ate twice a day, and was thin enough that I never thought about food or weight or bingeing. I guess that's the ticket, if you want to stay thin, eat the way you did when you were thin. I think you hit the nail on the head!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Sat Jan 08, 2011 1:19 am

I had a tough time this week with a root canal procedure that went wrong. I'm taking antibiotic and codeine, so I kinda had to eat when I took the meds.

Today I've been off the codeine though, so I had two meals, and counted my bites: 5 for lunch, 10 for supper. I also had 6 hershey's kisses inbetween. Oops. 22 total.

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:27 am

Well, today I had to work through lunch, and was at work until about 8:30, so I had dinner from the vending machine: snickers bar. And I had two hershey's kisses at 4:00 or so. I guess that's 7 bites for the day. Go me!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:22 am

Last week was helter-skelter. Yesterday I had 11 bites, today I had a LOT. Tomorrow and Thursday it will be easy to do 5 and 5, but Friday is a new problem, since there's a work birthday lunch...

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 4 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4