5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Beginning of a new me

+6
Dmac
Jesabelle
teaismyhappyplace
spryng
Snow White
misunderstood
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty Beginning of a new me

Post  misunderstood Sat Jan 14, 2012 4:45 pm

Well I weighed myself this morning, and my starting weight is 183.0. So my goal is to lose 39 lbs. by May 1st. Dr. Lewis states in his book that according to my height of 5'5, I should be 111 lbs, but I think that's way too skinny for me. I will be happy with weighing 144, which is the same weight I was before I was married.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty You can do it!

Post  Snow White Sat Jan 14, 2012 10:09 pm

Hi Misunderstood! 39 pounds...no problem! Stay strong and choose your bites carefully! For me protein for all five bites has been most helpful. I am on day 8 and honestly this is the longest I have ever been able to stay on it faithfully. I believe the protein has a lot to do with that. I really want to lose this weight...I'm tired of being fat! I'm ready to be skinny again!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty Re: Beginning of a new me

Post  misunderstood Sun Jan 15, 2012 1:43 am

Snow White, I'm with you. I'm tired of struggling with weight also. Today, the morning went great, but I ate way too much in the afternoon. I didn't even count the bites. Will try again tomorrow.

Br. --
Lu. 5b sausage biscuit
Din. sausage biscuit, chips, cake, etc.

To avoid hunger, maybe I should try low carb with you.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty re: low carb

Post  Snow White Mon Jan 16, 2012 3:14 am

The low carb definitely curbs appetite. Carbs only make you hungrier! They taste really good, but make you hungrier than when you started eating in the first place. Try it and let me know what is working for you. Everyone's body reacts differently, but it sounds like that is what is happening to you because of the foods that you mentioned that you ate. Good luck, friend! : )
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:10 am

Thanks Snow White for the advice. I tried it today and I think this will work for me. However, I went off plan in the afternoon. Sad thing is I wasn't even hungry, but ate because everyone else was eating. Need to work harder to get that under control. One good thing though is even though I went off plan yesterday, I didn't gain anything, nor did I lose anything. So still 183.0

br --
lu egg, cheese, sausage scramble
din went off plan

Now that the weekend is over, I think I'll do better during the week. At least that's what happened the last time I was on this diet.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty zero calorie drinks

Post  Snow White Mon Jan 16, 2012 4:17 am

Do you have a lot choices for zero calorie drinks on hand? I have been making myself a large zero calorie drink and downing it when I get hungry or tempted to eat.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Mon Jan 16, 2012 8:11 pm

Coffee and diet soda seem to always do the trick. I think my problem is sometimes trying to stop at five bites when I'm around others or when I'm stressed. Like I said before, I wasn't even hungry yesterday, nor this morning, but sometimes situations get the better of me.

br --
lu - went off plan, but ate about 12 bites of a non- low carb meal plus sweetened tea
din - plan on 5 bites of a low carb meal

However again this morning I was 183.0
I'm not going to consider myself starting over, but moving on.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty I understand

Post  Snow White Mon Jan 16, 2012 10:03 pm

The important thing is that you didn't gain! Don't give up, you can do this! Just keep on perfecting those bites. Remember in the book he compares it to playing a musical instrument, play it just right and it will sound beautiful! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Tue Jan 17, 2012 1:09 pm

I commend you on not giving up! Just keep getting back on that horse, eventually you'll stay on! Maybe restricting to low carb is making it feel too strict for you? Not all carbs are created equal, only the carbs that raise your blood sugar quickly will make you hungrier later so things a low glycemic carb diet would be better if you feel going just "low carb" is too hard right now? I don't restrict my carbs at all, I'm a carbaholic and you can do this diet just fine with carbs as well, it's just those first 3-5 days are tough whether you eat carbs or not, get past those days and no matter what you eat will satisfy you Smile hang in there!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Wed Jan 18, 2012 4:28 am

Thanks for the advice and encouragement Snow White and Spryng. This morning I weighed in at 182.8, not a big loss, but it wasn't 183.0 again either. Also I didn't follow the plan for one of my meals yesterday, so this lets me know that if I was to follow the plan exactly, my loss would be far better than a .2 weight loss. Today was difficult. I followed the plan this morning, but after work this afternoon, I wanted more than five bites, so I ate about 12 to 15. I remember earlier last year when I did this plan for nine days straight, I lost a total of 13 lbs. My doctor was even cheering me on, but eventually I lost focus and gained it all back. I want that same loss to happen again, and then some. I need to find that focus and determination again somehow.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:42 pm

yes set you some goals for sure and rewards, don't set huge ones like 50 lbs from now I'll do xyz but maybe in 10 lbs from now I'll get my hair cut or colored or nails done or some new gadget you've been wanting.. and 20 lbs from now I'll buy a couple new outfits because you'll be down a size or more.. etc.. and another thing that helps me is the book, the beck diet solution, its not a diet but a complimentary course to go with any diet that will help you stay focused, they have you do things like put sticky notes up in areas you'll see them through the day on why you want to lose weight.. cue cards to read when you are feeling weak and want to cheat to help you remember why you want to lose weight and stay strong and lots of other things to do. I also recommend the app for phones My diet coach, it has motivational sayings in there when you feel weak, you can also upload a before pic to remind you where you came from and don't wanna go back and even a skinny one of where you want to go etc. Check it out if you are able Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sat Jan 28, 2012 3:16 am

1st day back on the diet more focused and determined to succeed.

meal #1: 5b chicken sandwich

meal #2: 5b cheeseburger

Today went pretty well. I just kept telling myself to not give up this time, and just stayed busy.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:53 pm

Great job!!! this diet will def get easier, just hang in there!
I agree that using the 5 bites as protein really seems to help- but you have to do what works for you. I also find that having carbs as my bites will make me more hungry and also make me bloated. Protein is my strategy as much as possible.

Keep updating your journal and keep focused- ull see after like day 3-4 you are going to be smoooooothly sailing.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sat Jan 28, 2012 9:19 pm

Thanks tea. What I'm finding is that keeping my meals very simple is really working for me, like a cheeseburger, regular sandwich, etc. I'm going to try to stick to what I call mono meals (e.g., taco, burrito, muffin, etc.) until I get the hang of five bites again. Today is going so awesome. I can't believe it. I will post my meals after my last meal is eaten tonight.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:11 am

Day 2

Meal #1: 5b BBQ Rib Sandwich

Meal #2: 5b Bologna Sandwich

Things went so smoothly today. Hopefully tomorrow is a complete duplicate of today.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty Sounds great! : ))))

Post  Snow White Sun Jan 29, 2012 4:51 am

Be sure to keep your protein high for a while and that will help keep you on track. You are doing great! I am soooooooooo proud of you. I log my food every day and include my cheats too, this helps keep me accountable. It is getting easier now! We can do this, together! : )))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:14 pm

Thanks Snow White. I am trying to combine my protein with my carbs. And I am trying to keep my carbs whole grain to help with fiber intake.

Day 3

Meal #1: 5b egg & cheese bagel

Meal #2: chinese

On to day 4!

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:21 pm

you are doing so great!!!!! More power to you.
I am trying to get back in the swing too, seeing your success makes me want to stick to my diet perfectly too Smile
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty meals

Post  Snow White Mon Jan 30, 2012 8:34 pm

Your meals sound good, too! : ))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Tue Jan 31, 2012 2:34 am

Well day 4 has come to an end and went very well.

Meal #1: 5b cheeseburger

Meal #2: 5b ham and swiss sandwich

Thanks Snow White. Meals are great and I feel great. It's awesome!

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Beginning of a new me Empty liberating

Post  Snow White Tue Jan 31, 2012 4:22 am

It is really kind of liberating to be able to eat whatever you want! : )))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Tue Jan 31, 2012 5:22 am

Your meals do look good Very Happy Keep going strong!!! Exclamation
Jesabelle
Jesabelle

Back to top Go down

Post  misunderstood Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:32 am

Thank you. Today went really well. I do hope I am over any hunger/cravings.

Day 5

Meal #1: 5b peanut butter sandwich

Meal #2: 5b cheeseburger

On to day 6! I can't believe it has almost been a week. I am looking forward to going past nine days, which is the longest I've ever been on this diet.

misunderstood

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:23 am

Your doing great keep it up
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Jesabelle Wed Feb 01, 2012 4:45 am

yay!!! I can't wait to see your weigh in number!!!! Very Happy
Jesabelle