5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ways to measure the 5 bites????????

4 posters

Go down

Ways to measure the 5 bites???????? Empty Ways to measure the 5 bites????????

Post  Snow White Tue Jan 24, 2012 3:22 am

I have been using a Snickers bar template that I made by tracing a Snickers onto a paper plate to help me measure my 5 bites. But I'm wondering how the Snickers bar translates in terms of weight and volume in terms of cups. I know the Snickers weighs 2 oz. Is anyone weighing out 2 oz. of food for their five bites? I'm not sure about the cup size measurement. Is anyone measuring out their bites with a measuring cup. I don't mean to be anal but if I just take 5 bites, they are way to big because I love to eat. Using the template has cut my consumption in half at least! Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Ways to measure the 5 bites???????? Empty Re: Ways to measure the 5 bites????????

Post  Nutellapizza Wed May 30, 2012 5:03 am

[quote="Snow White"]I have been using a Snickers bar template that I made by tracing a Snickers onto a paper plate to help me measure my 5 bites. But I'm wondering how the Snickers bar translates in terms of weight and volume in terms of cups. I know the Snickers weighs 2 oz. Is anyone weighing out 2 oz. of food for their five bites? I'm not sure about the cup size measurement. Is anyone measuring out their bites with a measuring cup. I don't mean to be anal but if I just take 5 bites, they are way to big because I love to eat. Using the template has cut my consumption in half at least! Any help or ideas would be appreciated! Thanks![/quote]

Hi Snow white,

If this can help you, I am using a 1/4 of a cup as a measure for my 5 bites and it does wonders. If you take a snickers bar, cut it into little pieces, it will fill to the rim, a 1/4 of a cup as a measure. Also, 5 tablespoons will give me the same measure. It is a good alternative if you do not want to eat Snickers all the time but rather do the 5bd strictly without guessing here and there, and ending in overeating your 5 bd.

So what I do because I just cannot for the 'life of me', picture exactly 5 bites, is I have with me my plastic tablespoon in my bag. That little spoon has no handle and is green in color so I spot it right away when I search for it. Even after doing the 5bd for 256 days, I still use it primary when I am out with friends, to make sure I do not over eat. I actually enjoy a lot this little game of mine, eating out with my own spoon.

Right now, I can eat around 25 bites a day in all and stay stable at my healthy BMI. And I still use my 1/4 of a cup, just to gauge me in case I over do it. Maintenance is all about learning what works for me now.
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Ways to measure the 5 bites???????? Empty Re: Ways to measure the 5 bites????????

Post  Snow White Wed May 30, 2012 10:34 pm

Sounds great! So your green spoon is a real measuring spoon?????
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Nutellapizza Thu May 31, 2012 1:38 am

[quote="Snow White"]Sounds great! So your green spoon is a real measuring spoon?????[/quote]

Hi Snow White,

Yes, my green plastic spoon is a [u]'measuring spoon'[/u], the kind that comes in a set of measuring spoon, in plastic.

5 tablespoons is about 5 bites but a 'tablespoon' can vary in different sizes, depending of the manufacturer.

So, here, in measuring, I am talking of course about a 'Measuring Spoon' for culinary recipe and not the kind of tablespoon we use to eat soup, or others food.

Here in China, we carry our own utensils in our handbag when we eat out : I have my set of chopsticks with me and my measuring tablespoon also, in my bag. That little tablespoon is very cute, green in color and make a great 'conversation moment' around the table actually.

We carry our own utensils because in public places, they serve us with the chopsticks made out of wood (most of them) and they just wash it and put it back on the table for the next client. I prefer to have my own, my way of living here. My way of keeping my germ to myself! Wink
Nutellapizza
Nutellapizza

Back to top Go down

Ways to measure the 5 bites???????? Empty size of bites.

Post  pelya Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:25 pm

I'm confused, I thought a bite was a bite. Keep it lady like, meaning don't fill your cheeks.   So why are we measuring and figuring this. I haven't started yet so please enlighten me. I understand the idea of about the size of a Snicker Bar, but the spoons and measuring cups?

pelya

Back to top Go down

Post  Platinumbodyperformance Mon Aug 17, 2015 11:55 am

I also really like my plunger style measuring cup. Not sure what it’s actually called, but Alton Brown uses them all the time…. it’s got a sleeve with emasurements and a tube part that goes inside. It’s great for peanut butter, brown sugar, shortening, etc.
Platinumbodyperformance
Platinumbodyperformance

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down