5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OMG This Really Works!!!

4 posters

Go down

OMG This Really Works!!! Empty OMG This Really Works!!!

Post  pinklipstick Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:09 am

Day One yesterday....I realised I hadn't picked the best day....I was going out for a meal in the evening....but I gave it a go and the results have been amazing!!!! Starting Weight;- 18 st 3 Weight Today:- 18 st 0 !!!!

Yesterday I started the day with a Berocca and white coffee...I thought that would take care of the protein and multivitamin requirement....I am not a big one for breakfast anyway so I didnt miss it....I had an early lunch though of 5 big bites of smoked tofu with sweet chilli sauce....yum.....and really filling!

By the time we got to the restaurant it had all gone a bit pear shaped...I had several glasses of wine and I ate more than 5 bites of the food...but interestingly I did notice that I ate a lot less than I would have eaten normally for an evening meal....it was as if it took a lot less food to satisfy my hunger....this must have been down to a mental shift rather than a physical shift as I havent completed 3 days on the diet yet....

But wow, 3 lbs off already and I didnt even stick to the diet properly - that is a truly amazing result!!!!

And I like the way I feel....on top of things....and although I have felt hunger its not unbearable and it kind of makes me happy...because if I am feeling hunger I must be losing weight...

so this morning:- 18 st 0, result!!!! I have had my white coffee and my Berocca and 2 bites of chocolate biscuit so far today....again not the best day from a diet point of view as going out to lunch and going out for dinner this evening too! see what happens, but so far, so good, definitely!!!! Smile Smile Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

OMG This Really Works!!! Empty Re: OMG This Really Works!!!

Post  Dmac Fri Feb 10, 2012 2:08 pm

Great start and welcome to the site best of luck I look forward to following your progress
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Sat Feb 11, 2012 3:31 pm

Thanks Dmac! Smile

It all went very pear shaped yesterday it was my birthday and I was out for lunch with my parents in the day and out for dinner with friends in the evening....however I somehow maintained.....so today's weight, still 18 st 0 Smile

Day 3 today, doing ok so far, berocca and white coffee for breakfast and 5 bites of pain au chocolat for lunch

Tonight I am out with my boyfriend and his nephew and his mum but we are going out later on so I am hoping they will have already had their tea before we go out....I'm planning on buying a snickers bar I can take along in my handbag for my tea....

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Sun Feb 12, 2012 5:43 pm

oh dear, suffering today....day four.....did really well yesterday at sticking to the five bites I had 5 bites of pain au chocolat for lunch/breakfast followed by only slightly more than 5 bites of salad sandwich and crisps for tea, however I forgot that drinking lots of wine when you havent eaten much isnt a great idea and you can guess the rest!

Weight today 17 st 13 Smile

Because I am feeling so dodgy today I am taking the day off from the 5BD today....I'm looking forward to tomorrow when at last, no social occasions so just eating at home and wont be drinking alcohol so hopefully I shouldnt have any problems sticking to the diet tomorrow Smile

On Tuesday night I am out again for Valentines Day which I am looking forward to but I probably wont be able to stick to the diet properly that day....

But after that, no more meals out planned so hopefully I will be able to start following the diet in earnest then Smile

Despite not sticking to the diet properly at all yet really though I have still lost 5 lbs in 4 days which I am absolutely thrilled about!!!!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  chinupbuttercup Mon Feb 13, 2012 1:37 am

nice job!! keep it up girl Smile
chinupbuttercup
chinupbuttercup

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:55 am

Thanks chinupbuttercup! Smile same to you too! Smile

A bit cross with myself this morning, but totally my own fault...but I have gained back some of the weight, 18 st 1 this morning Sad

Still it motivates me to get myself back on track which was my plan today anyway Smile

I don't think I can face another meal out tomorrow night I think I will suggest to my guy that we stay in instead....cheaper for him that way too! Very Happy

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:51 am

doing ok so far....white coffee, water, berocca and 5 bites of cheese and onion quiche for breakfast/lunch Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:33 pm

not sure if i can do this today...still feel sick....

but then not sure if food is the answer either....Sad

water I think I will try maybe dehydrated.....

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:10 pm

well I have surprised myself today....I have pretty much stuck to the diet today and I have not felt hungry.....

however I am feeling sick Sad so I am going to allow myself some plain baked potato to see if that settles my stomach....

then see where I am up to tomorrow.....

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

OMG This Really Works!!! Empty hope

Post  Snow White Tue Feb 14, 2012 12:48 am

I hope you are feeling better soon. It sounds like you are doing very well on the diet. May I ask, what is white coffee?
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Tue Feb 14, 2012 11:40 am

this morning:- 1 lb off, new weight 18st 0....I'm happy with that considering I didnt feel well yesterday Smile

Thanks for your support and encouragement Snow White! Smile That gives me a real boost to have you say I am doing well with the diet! Smile

Today has started well....berocca, water and white coffee (white coffee is black coffee with just a splash of milk in Snow White)

5 bites of pain au chocolat for breakfast/lunch

And tonight is Valentines Night....we arent now going out to dinner on account of me still feeling partied out from my birthday! we will however be ordering in....I am thinking I should just enjoy myself at our meal tonight and just get back on track tomorrow morning.....as I have already lost four pounds in less than a week which is fab! Smile

Happy Valentines Day everyone....make sure you get really spoilt!!!! Wink

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:23 am

18 st 1 this morning but thats ok considering I had a 3 course meal last night!

Right, no more partying now Valentines and my birthday are over! Looking forward to getting properly back on track with the 5BD!

This morning I have started the day with my usual water, berocca and white coffee...

Feeling peckish though so might have my breakfast/lunch quite soon

I am fancying bread today....toast and jam, marmite sandwiches that kind of thing so that will probably be what I am eating today

Is everyone else planning on getting back on track after Valentines today too?

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:29 am

just tried Snickers bar for breakfast - yum!

so nice to be able to eat a whole one without feeling guilty for once!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 15, 2012 3:25 pm

I for one am definitely ready to get back on track. lets do this
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:21 pm

nooooo....I've not managed to stick to it.....Sad

I can do the morning and lunchtime no problem its the evenings when it seems to go wrong Sad

I've only eaten when I have been genuinely hungry though so hopefully I haven't done too much damage.....

How about you Dmac how are you getting on today? x

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:26 pm

So far so good but I still need to get thru the evening its only 2:00 pm hear tonight my sister is coming over that is usually extra difficult because she's kinda my drinking buddy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

OMG This Really Works!!! Empty eating breakfast

Post  Snow White Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:00 pm

Dr. Lewis says to not eat breakfast because it sets you up to be hungrier during the day. I have found that measuring the food with a 1/3 cup measure has been most helpful. When I am finished, I place a napkin over my food and watch other people stuff their faces.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Thu Feb 16, 2012 11:39 am

18 st 1 today so I have maintained....

would have liked to have lost but wasnt able to stick to the plan yesterday evening Sad

I have ordered the book and some measuring cups from Amazon this morning I'm hoping they will help me to stick to the plan better

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:39 am

18 st 2 today, not good 1 lb gain Sad

But I am determined to make this work for me as the plan makes perfect sense to me!

The book arrives today so I am looking forward to curling up with it and getting it read when I finish work

Also I have been re-reading Bethenny Frenkel's book 'Naturally Thin' has anyone else read that one?

I picked it up again because I know she has a chapter on a technique she uses called 'taste everything eat nothing' which is a similar idea to the 5BD eat whatever you want but just have a few bites

She says to stick to this way of eating successfully she has found the use of what she calls 'appetite spoilers' invaluable so thats what I am going to try today if I cant cope with the hunger pangs, spoil my appetite, I have sugar free almond milk in the cupboard so I will use that today if need be and lets hope I can get the scales going in the right direction again asap

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:15 am

well so far so good....coffee, berocca, water and unsweetened almond milk....which is working - it does suppress appetite!!!

I have checked the ingredients and it is nearly 90% water with just almonds and a little bit of tapioca starch as a binder so it seems like a near perfect product to use as an appetite suppressant!

Also the book has just arrived so I cant wait to finish work and get reading!

One thing I have noticed with drinking the unsweetened almond milk - it makes you wee! - so it must have a detoxifying effect - which is also good!

excited that I will be able to stick to the plan now for the rest of the day and hopefully see a loss tomorrow!

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  pinklipstick Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:46 pm

ok so I have now read the book - I'm a fast reader!

and I now feel much happier going forward Smile

I now understand much better about why its important to reset the hunger stat and how this is achieved, and I like the idea of my weight being like an extra fuel tank I am carrying around all the time but never getting around to using up the fuel in it!

a couple of things I picked up on....

the book says you can have cream in your coffee so I am definitely going to give that a try - sounds yum - and filling! Smile

also the book says you don't have to weigh yourself, instead you can just continue the plan until your stomach is flat, so I think I might stop weighing myself I think that will make the whole process less stressful if I am not aware of every single loss/occasional gain

I guess instead of constantly checking whether the diet is working all you need to do is put your trust in the process

I'll keep you all updated as to how I am getting on, all the best to everyone! Smile

pinklipstick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down