5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

insanity's Restart

+13
ElleBella
Alexis2012
rmontalvan
3jaysmom
rugbygirl87
Dmac
LillyHouston
herbsgirl
Jesabelle
Snow White
spryng
AllieT
insanity
17 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

insanity's Restart - Page 4 Empty Re: insanity's Restart

Post  insanity Thu May 31, 2012 9:00 pm

I think it's so incredibly awesome that the forum is very active these days!!!

My Update: I just couldn't/didn't stick with 5 Bite for very long. I sadly didn't win my biggest loser contest, but on the bright side, I came in 2nd place. I've been struggling with binging, and I feel I'm ready to get back on track.

I've been lurking on the forums now and then, and I love that so many people are staying so consistent and losing! Way to go, everyone!!!

I also posted on the Challenge thread. My plan is to stick to a 1000 cal/day limit, with a target of around 800 or less when possible. I'm still training karate 2 to 4 times a week, yoga and tai chi once a week when class is available (they are free classes at the library and sometimes they get cancelled), and I've been running 1 day a week. I hope to do more running and other workouts, but we also need to do alot of work around the house, so time and energy is limited.

My food log is on FatSecret if anyone is interested:

http://www.fatsecret.com/Diary.aspx?pa=mdcs

Calories yesterday: 839

Exercise yesterday: Karate - 1.5 hrs

I don't usually log my exercises on FatSecret, but maybe I'll start. I would like to take this time to plug FatSecret for counting calories. It's an amazing free app for smart phones that tracks calories, weight, and exercise, plus they have a website also, and the 2 sync automatically. The app has a barcode scanner, so you can just scan a food's barcode and save the food to the log. It really saves time with the calorie counting. I used to spend AT LEAST an hour a day, probably more, writing everything down, adding it all up, etc., etc., but using the app and the website is so much faster. I miss having the notebook to flip through, but not writing everything down is a HUGE timesaver. I don't work for FatSecret or anything, I'm just a satisfied customer. I also bought the "Fitter Fitness calculator" app for 99 cents. It tracks weight, BMI, waist-to-hip ratio, bodyfat calculator, and gives alot of useful information about those values. The paid-version displays the number of pounds I have left to reach my goal weight on the icon, so I can see it on my phone's home screen. (67 lbs) That was the main reason I paid for it. That is actually the only app I've ever paid for,
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:13 am

Welcome back.. I saw your challenge post and am doing pretty much the same as you.. sticking to low calories .. Great job on Second place.. wahoooo.. Good luck with the remainder loss you wish to make.. cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jun 01, 2012 1:53 am

Thanks for the welcome! Very cool that we are both doing low cal. Good luck to both of us, we can do it!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 01, 2012 2:46 am

yay.. we are also work out very simular.. and we both have about 70lbs to drop..you a little less.. this is going to be so much fun.. bounce bounce bounce

Have a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Kaliopikat Fri Jun 01, 2012 12:02 pm

Hi there...welcome back!

I agree...in the past couple of weeks there has been a big jump in board activity, and it's so nice! I love getting home and having all the comments to read!

Have a great day,
Kat
Kaliopikat
Kaliopikat

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 01, 2012 3:50 pm

Yes and if the hundreds of lurkers out there would join in we could help each other even more! I've been meaning to write a message to them to ask them to join us. Iron sharpens iron and no one has to know your true identity. It helps each of us to read about each others victories and defeats. Together we are strong! cheers
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:32 am

Thanks for checking in, everyone!

I'm trying to keep my fat intake low, < 20 grams per day as much as possible. I have some family members who have lost alot of weight by eating low-fat. Most of them gained the weight back, but naturally it was because they went back to eating whatever they wanted. I'm having 6 almonds with lunch most days as a healthy fat source. I have mostly eliminated margarine, and I wasn't eating butter anyway. I've found that with salt + pepper, or just salt, most foods are tasty enough without the added fat. I tend to run low on sodium so a little extra salt may actually be good for me.

Thursday, 5/31/12

Calories - 717
walking ~40 min
2 or 3 hours of putting away laundry and organizing my clothes in the evening

Friday, 6/1/12

Calories - 835
Walking ~ 50 min
Karate Class - 1.5 hrs

Saturday, 6/2/12

Calories ~ 894 (had a large slice of pizza for lunch, so had to estimate the calories for that)
Karate Class - 1.5 hrs
More organizing clothes for a few hours

I was putting away winter clothes and getting out summer clothes much of the afternoon and evening. I have sooooo many clothes that are too small. I'm so looking forward to fitting into them.

Weight at start of challenge - 177
Weight now - 174

Hurray!!!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:07 am

WOW))))))))))) You are doing so great! I am some what the opposit to you with the clothing thing.. I moved back from germany and left all my skinny clothes there.. so I only have larger ones here.. as I have lost 28lbs since coming back all my summer clothes are to big.. Life is good..

With the great work you are doing all your skinni mini clothes are going to be fitting you soon.. then you will need new ones to fit your even smaller size!! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:37 pm

ElleBella - That is my plan, to lose down to smaller than my current skinny clothes. Hopefully you will enjoy shopping for your new smaller clothes for the summer! Cool

Sunday, 6/2/12

Calories - 1047 (estimate)

5 Mile Race - 59 min 32 sec

I'm happy I was able to generally stick to my calorie limit. I thought it was going to be a high-calorie day because after the race I had some of the free snacks provided, plus Gatorade to drink for recovery. Also, my husband wanted wings in the evening and I forgot to order them with no celery and blue cheese dip since he doesn't eat that. It was around 4pm and I was getting hungry. I just couldn't resist, so I ate the celery sticks with blue cheese dip. At first eating the blue cheese dip seemed to stimulate my appetite, but then it calmed down and I wasn't hungry anymore. I was able to skip dinner, so that worked out ok. Hurray for small victories!!!

Weight today: 174
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Mon Jun 04, 2012 1:57 pm

Awesome job on the weight loss and the run I haven't been able to exercise the way I want since Thursday. I did alot of walking and standing though all weekend at the hospital so some exercise but not what I'm use to. Keep up the great work you be in those skinnier jeans soon.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Jun 04, 2012 4:28 pm

Super Job girl.. your our Running Warrior.. wahoooo.. great victory.. dance your heart out! Sounds like you had a fab day! bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue Jun 05, 2012 7:55 pm

Monday, 6/4/12

Calories - 947
Walking - 15 min
Yoga - 1 hour
Tai Chi - 1 hour

I was soooooo tired yesterday. If getting into yoga class wasn't such a pain, I would have totally skipped it and gone home to bed after work. We have to sign up for each yoga class week by week, and whoever attends class gets first preference. So I went to yoga. I felt better after class, though, and also felt attended tai chi. Poor hubby commented that I wasn't crabby today, and he normally doesn't say anything like that, so I must have been a real bear yesterday.

I think giving blood last Tuesday, followed by hard training at the dojo (Saturday was VERY intense), running the 5 mile race on Sunday, plus that TOM started with a vengeance Sunday night with much heavier bleeding than usual, combined with a low calorie/low fat diet, really took a toll. I'm feeling much better today, though.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Jun 06, 2012 12:23 am

K.. you have gone from Running Warrior.. to Wonderwoman Warrior Wow.girl.. how do you keep weight on with all that you do.. you must be dropping like mad..

Respect girl.. respect queen

Take good care of you.. Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Wed Jun 06, 2012 8:49 pm

Elle - I and everyone who knows me, no doubt, wonder the same thing!!! It seems like I have to keep a perfect or nearly perfect diet to see any loss. Thankfully, when I DO manage to keep to a perfect or nearly perfect diet I DO lose. I know not everyone is that fortunate.

Thanks and you take care too. Very Happy
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Jun 07, 2012 8:58 pm

Wednesday, 6/6/12

Calories - 935

Stretching before karate class - 30 min
Karate Class - 1 hr 45 min (class ran long)

I'm hoping to stay on track over the weekend. I took off work tomorrow (Friday) and we're going to Mom-in-law's for the weekend. I plan to hit the beach, so maybe that will help me stay on track! I have a new beach chair and floppy beach hat to try out.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:23 am

Have a great time at the beach! Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:17 pm

Have an awesome time at the beach..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Post  kelleep26 Fri Jun 08, 2012 1:38 pm

Enjoy the sand and the sun this weekend at the beach!! I am looking forward to Sunday when I get to go on vacation too:)
kelleep26
kelleep26

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jun 08, 2012 6:30 pm

Wow everyone is on Vacation.. Wahoo.. have fun!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

insanity's Restart - Page 4 Empty Starting Over Again

Post  insanity Tue Oct 29, 2013 3:48 am

It's been way too long.  I've missed everyone!  From the time I disappeared until maybe November 2012 I was doing fairly ok with counting calories and eating a healthy diet.  Counting calories is intensive work, even using a phone app.  I was working out 6 to 7 days a week and felt like I was living the life of an athlete.  Then when some stress hit me, things started to fall apart.  I was still counting calories off and on, but my running was getting very sporadic and other workouts fell by the wayside.  I haven't counted calories in awhile, plus I've been eating alot of junk/fast food.  I nearly forgot how it feels to feel hungry.

I hate that I may have to be careful with my diet for the rest of my life.  But I'm tired of gaining weight and looking so fat.  

Day 1:

Starting Weight:  194
Ultimate Goal Weight:  115

Breakfast:
tea with 2 tbls. cream (a little cheat I'm not willing to give up)

Lunch:
1 bite Greek yogurt
1 bite ww bread
2 bites kiwi
1 bite pecans

Dinner:
5 bites mixture of spinach, ww pasta, spaghetti sauce, sweet yellow pepper, mushroom, parmesan

Walk - 15 min
Gilad workout - 20 min

The hunger wasn't terrible today, I had a really big dinner last night.

I'm really excited that I bought myself an acoustic guitar about 3 months ago.  I had lessons for awhile as a kid but didn't stay with it.  I'm now studying on my own, with books, dvds, and especially youtube instructional videos.  Playing some music is sometimes a distraction from eating, which is helpful.  Also, I anticipate looking hot with my guitar after I get skinny.  Twisted Evil
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Oct 29, 2013 4:17 pm

I am so happy that you are not beating your self up. We have been here for so long as we have not yet got off the binge wagon.. I always try really hard to do the 5 bites plan.. but with my walking and working at home I end up in the kitchen eating.. uugh. I am sure you will kick this.. you know what to do.. Let's get it done!!!

ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  herbsgirl Tue Oct 29, 2013 7:12 pm

I agree counting calories is alot of work! Have a great day
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Thu Oct 31, 2013 7:02 pm

EllaBella- Thanks for the positive message! I try to be kind to myself these days.

Herbsgirl, thanks for checking in!

I'm still on track for Day 4 today. I accidentally took an extra bite of mango for lunch yesterday, giving me 6 bites for that meal, but I didn't freak out or anything. The food was all healthy and low-calorie.

Weight today ~186 or 187, so I've lost at least 7 lbs since I started

Day 3 :

Tea w half and half

Lunch:
Yogurt - 1 bites
Mango - 2 bites
Fig = 1 bite
Walnuts - 1 bite
WW bread - 1 bite

Dinner:
4 bites leftover pasta+veggies+tuna
1 fig

Karate Class ~1.5 hr

I felt like I wanted more bites of pasta, but after I stopped eating I felt full.

I'm pretty hungry by bedtime, and hunger wakes me early in the morning. I know it's necessary for the weight loss, so I hope I can live with that forever.

I have plenty of energy. I've adjusted to less caffeine. I quit diet soft drinks maybe 8 months ago because the phosphoric acid is supposed to be bad for bone health. I'm instead drinking Arizona Diet Green Tea w Ginseng and that's a nice substitute. I just can't do black coffee, and I really don't like coffee w/o Coffeemate, so I haven't been f
Drinking coffee. I gave myself permission to have an occasional Coke Zero if I feel like I really need it, but the Arizona and also flavored seltzers are doing the trick for me. I will probably start having a bottle of Perrier mineral water in the evenings as a treat, as I used to do on 5 Bite.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Oct 31, 2013 10:58 pm

Great Plan completely.. You are doing so great!!! Keep it going.. yay

Happy Halloween!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Fri Nov 01, 2013 2:05 pm

Congratulations for your loss! Keep on going! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next