5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Alexia's journal

+4
rmontalvan
Alexis2012
Snow White
Cupcake23
8 posters

Go down

Alexia's journal Empty Alexia's journal

Post  Cupcake23 Mon May 07, 2012 5:58 pm

I have tried to start this diet over and over again. Maybe creating a journal will keep me more accountable. Here goes.

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Alexia's journal Empty Re: Alexia's journal

Post  Snow White Tue May 08, 2012 2:47 am

Hi Alexia! Welcome! I find it helpful to tell how many bites and what exactly I am eating...I also post my daily weight...this is really helped me be accountable and friends give encouragement when you are on or off plan. Good luck on your diet journey! : ))))))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Alexis2012 Tue May 08, 2012 9:51 am

Welcome cheers
Alexis2012
Alexis2012

Back to top Go down

Post  rmontalvan Wed May 09, 2012 1:29 am

welcome! this diet works and i love it!

rmontalvan

Back to top Go down

Alexia's journal Empty start over times 1000000000

Post  Cupcake23 Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:27 pm

I'm not good at sticking to this diet but it really works and I feel so good when I do stick to the diet. So here we go again . So far so good, hope I can make it work this time.

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Jul 11, 2012 10:07 pm

This time try to get more involved in this forum....we're here to support you! ; )))))))

If you're comfortable, daily post your weight and what you're eating even if you go over your 5 bites. You can do it! We are here to help you. : ))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:20 am

Welcome back!!! cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Thu Jul 12, 2012 11:51 am

YAY you are back,, we missed you girly... Back on the wagon and stick with us we are here for you..
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Alexia's journal Empty not 5 bites but ate less

Post  Cupcake23 Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:31 pm

See I already screw up. Yesterday I had 5 bites of a ham and cheese sandwich for lunch and unsweetened iced tea with 1 splenda. but I couldn't hold out till dinner and had a 100 calorie pack of brownie bites. Dinner was a diet coke and a chicken wrap that I finished cuz I already screwed up. Then at mid night I had half of an Italian ice. Granted its far less than what I normally eat but still not good. And today is no better, I had 1 taco from Moe's southwest grill and 1 chip and a diet coke for lunch. Tonight I will do better tho. Ugh soo mad at myself

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Jul 12, 2012 7:09 pm

Ok.. no worries.. why don't you try doing 30 bites.. 10 breaky, 10 lunch and 10 dinner.. if you really need 5 for a snack in the night.. 35 bites will still help you lose .. Im doing 50 and losing.. If you hungry snack smart.. boiled egg or fried egg will fill you up with minimal bites for many hours.. if you are not hungry but still want food.. try a hobby.. I tookk my daughters coloring book and colored.. was actually fun.. forgot how much.. Just don't give up!!! Find your Warrior and get to it!.. One day it will click and you will be a Master!! bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce Im cheering for you!! We all are!!! cheers cheers cheers cheers cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Jul 13, 2012 2:26 am

Alexia, every one has days like that! Just keep on going...for me I could never eat the 50 bites and lose....you'll have to find out what you can do and how your body responds and truly what you're willing to commit to. Remember, it takes 3 days for your stomach to shrink and then I promise it gets much, much easier. Try committing to 5 bites for 3 days and see how much weight you lose....your stomach will shrink and you will probably lose 3-5 pounds in the first 3 days. You CAN do this!!!! Don't give up!!! Channel that inner warrior and lose this weight!!! : )))))) Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil Twisted Evil
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jul 13, 2012 9:11 pm

Yes Everyone does.. I just had one last night.. lol.. No Worries.. today is a new day as Every day is.. so keep going.. some days will be great and some not.. We are all on this journey so we are here for you.. cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce cheers bounce
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Alexia's journal Empty and here we go again

Post  Cupcake23 Thu Aug 16, 2012 11:06 am

I really need to post my daily journal. I feel like that is the only thing that will keep me motivated. I also plan on having a activia light yogurt for breakfast in the mornings until i get going on this diet. I just need something in the mornings after the gym. so starting over again. day one ..take 100000. woke up at 5 am went to the gym worked out for 40 min ( treadmill and stationary bike) now time for my yourt. Smile

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Alexia's journal Empty Day 1

Post  Cupcake23 Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:51 am

ugh ok i'm just gonna count this as day one.
B-never had my yogurt so just water
L- 5 bites crispy chicken ranch snack wrap from mcdonalds , a diet coke and water
D-This is where i went wrong. I was starving and the hubby wanted to go out so we went to 99 resturant. where i had popcorn, bowl of clam chowder, a bacon cheese burger, cole slaw and corn. and a water.
now i hang my head in shame.

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Fri Aug 17, 2012 12:27 pm

It happens.. going out to eat and social situations can be really tough, especially if you are still in the first week or two of the diet.. I would suggest starting the diet when you can devote at least a full week at home in a no fail enviroment. Plan your meals.. this is so important.. that way you know what you are having each day and don't let yourself get too hungry and then go crazy because you have nothing in the house to eat or nothing you want to eat in the house. Also I found it helpful my first time on this diet to make myself reminders.. if you have some paper or sticky notes, put your top 3-5 reasons you want to lose the weight.. you can be as modest as you like (to be healthy) or be a little shallow, (to look hot in those skinny jeans, lol) whatever will help YOU look at the card and think, today I'm gonna do it! I'm gonna stick with it! Then leave them in areas of your house or car or if you work on your desk etc so you can view them several times a day to remind yourself what you are doing and why.. we seem to lose focus easily. Weightloss kinda reminds me of the movie UP with the old man and little boy trying to get his house to the top of those falls and those dogs are after them? Well the dogs are easily distracted by squirrels lol they would be 100% focused on the mission and then SQUIRREL! lol that is us on this diet.. we tell ourselves, today we are gonna do it, we are gonna stick to it, we are gonna make it.. we are gonna---SQUIRREL! but that squirrel for us is eating out, friends stopping by, that leftover cake on the counter we can't stop at 5 bites with, etc.. we all know our food kryptonite I think. So how do we get past it? Sure we can white knuckle it and try that method but it doesn't always work but what we can do is set up our homes to be a no fail enviroment.. take the squirrel out of the picture for awhile and guess what? it can't distract you, it can't entice you and you sure can't eat it Smile So anyway, that is just my 2 cents..having gone through this before I understand those struggles and I'm here again for a 20 day challenge to lose a bit more and I'm on day 12 so I know again how tough it is. Hang in there, YOU CAN DO IT! I promise!!! cheers
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  Cupcake23 Fri Aug 17, 2012 2:48 pm

Thanks. I just need accountability. If I write on here what I ate even if it was more than 5 bites, I will think twice about taking that 6th bite. I have done this before and it worked. I know I can. it's just hard to get started.

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Post  Pookykat Fri Aug 17, 2012 3:51 pm

Hi...

I agree with Spryng (I usually do!!) about keeping things around the house for motivation. When I started this diet, I picked a strange week to do it. It was a week where I was forced to lie around on my butt and do absolutely nothing, because I was recovering from a concussion!! Now, I don't recommend slamming your head into something and knocking yourself out as a good way to start Razz , but when I was able to focus, especially those first few day, on nothing but this diet, it absolutely worked. I read the 5BD forums. I posted here. I wrote a lot. I looked at websites and online window shopped for all of the clothes I will finally get to wear.

Also, I had mini goals for myself: a family party in September. I wanted to lose a certain amount by then. My body didn't quite cooperate, and I won't hit the goal I wanted to hit by then, but constantly picturing myself wearing a certain pair of jeans getting off the plane on September 5 had kept me going. Thinking about how I look when I'm in Vegas over Thanksgiving/my 40th birthday, and the fact that I can be a "normal" weight by then. Imagining people's reactions to me.

And ultimately - deciding this is what I want. I'm tenacious. Once I decide something, NOTHING stops me - except circumstances beyond my control, of course. But nothing stops the constant push forward on my end.

I hope these suggestions are helpful. Make up your mind. At the beginning, make it the absolute most important thing in the world you are doing. That kind of focus won't be necessary once you've been doing it for awhile, but I found it very helpful to get me started.

And for me, it was true. It was the most important thing I was doing. I simply cannot live my life as a fat girl anymore. I am so limited.I don't want to be limited anymore.

Hang in there! Make up your mind to do it! It will be hard, especially with your husband wanting to eat differently. Is he supportive?

Pookykat

Back to top Go down

Post  Cupcake23 Fri Aug 17, 2012 5:22 pm

Thanks for the support. My hubby is very support of everything I do, especially if it helps me look good. I like all of your suggestions.

I will set some mini goals
My cousin's wedding on Oct 26th ( 3 days after my 2 year wedding anniversary) I am planning on being 15 lbs thinner hopefully more but 15 is a good goal.
By thanksgiving I want to drop another 10lb and then 10 more by Chr
So far so good today. I did have my activia light yogurt for breakfast but I figure as long as I stick to the rest of the diet , I am still eating less than I normally would.

Cupcake23

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Aug 18, 2012 6:35 pm

yes girl I think so too.. I have half and half in my tea and that still works in the diet.. so if it helps you to feel happy, that is the goal.. bounce sunny bounce sunny have a great day.. Mini goals are a great idea cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down