5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs

+4
ElleBella
spryng
needhelp
shinichan18
8 posters

Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs

Post  shinichan18 Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:24 am

So I constantly tell myself I'm going to lose weight and well my first day comes around to start and I do well til say dinner and then I binge. From there it usually becomes a "since I've messed up now, I might as well continue and begin again tomorrow" mind-set. So I start again and the process continues from there. Its been like that for about 3-4 years now. I keep failing, beating myself up and then starting over and over again. Usually I can't even make it past the first day. Honestly, I am really getting tired of it. I don't feel comfortable weighing what I do now so it's about time I finally take the plunge. So beginning tomorrow I will be coming on here to report my 5 bites for lunch and dinner and probably just stick with sipping my 5 calorie sugar free green tea packets. I will prevail once and for all. I hope posting my progress will keep me on track. Heres to all of us reaching our goals!

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty dont give up

Post  needhelp Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:33 am

hey i know what you are talking about i have been trying to start this diet a few day now and i keep messing up at dinner. Just stay focus and keep telling yourself over and over you can do this because we can. what doesnt kill you will only make you stonger. Keep posting here to keep yourself accountable good luck Smile

needhelp

Back to top Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty Re: Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs

Post  spryng Tue Aug 14, 2012 1:55 am

Welcome! and yes posting in your journal daily really will help you stay accountable Smile Just know that the first few days are tough, prepare your mind and your body will follow. Know what you are having for lunch and dinner for the next few days, waiting until you are hungry and then having to prepare something or run out of something will lead to over eating so prepare your meals, your kitchen and your mind. What I did the first time I started was leave myself sticky notes all over my house... on my bathroom mirror, pantry doors, fridge, etc that reminded me the top 5 reasons I wanted to get this weight off once and for all. Visual reminders really help. I also set up alarms on my cell phone to go off a few times during the day, like 30 min before lunch when I knew hunger would be setting in, also before dinner that would have little reminders to keep me focused.. believe me, it worked!
I look forward to cheering you on and reading your journal, you can do this!
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty Day 1 - The Beginning of the 5 Bite Diet

Post  shinichan18 Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:39 pm

So I just got finished with my 5 bites of a slice of homemade wheat bread with an egg and a slice of cheese on top. I decided to eat it open-faced. When my sister came home from work she had brought home a donut for me since I had been asking her for one for the past few days. As I sat there after eating, I was REALLY tempted to just eat that whole donut and just forget about the 5 bite diet and maybe start again. I held it in my hand, smelling it a couple times before I wrapped it back up and put it aside. I actually said "No" and thought about whether it was really worth it. I've never really actually be able to do that since I'd been wanting that donut for awhile now. So I decided if I really want it I could have it as a part of my dinner for the day, that I'll be eating in a few hours. Hopefully this simple step will head me in the right direction. I don't know yet if I will continue weighing daily as it has a tendency to mess with my mind but I'll see tomorrow.

Starting Weight: 179

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty Re: Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs

Post  ElleBella Tue Aug 14, 2012 8:42 pm

Spryng..is so right.. keep working at it you will make it happen.. you need to go for a walk.. drink some water.. chew your food and love every bite.. only serve yourself about 1/2 cup food as it around 5 bites.. so you know what it looks like??? you can do this!!! Suspect get into the stelth mood we are all in and work it!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  mommieof2 Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:13 pm

Welcome and I agree with the others. It really helps to document it as you can look back when get discouraged and it will help motivate you again. Good luck to you.
mommieof2
mommieof2

Back to top Go down

Its About Time I Got This Ball Rolling.... My 5 bite Journey to 140 lbs Empty Restart!

Post  shinichan18 Fri Sep 21, 2012 9:09 pm

Well, Its been awhile since I posted my first thread and said I was finally going to start losing the weight that I needed to lose. So I am back this time for good and I am aiming to reach 155 by October 31st, which is Halloween! If I lose anything more from 155 then that's just a bonus and even better. Technically I did start yesterday but I had a binge Embarassed Yeah, I swear as soon as I got to my second 5 bite meal and I had to first bite of my homemade chicken fried rice, it just tasted so good and from there I just kept eating. I know why it happened though, because I felt kinda weak or like I had a blood sugar drop, so I think the carbs/sugar just tasted extra good and thus the binge occured. Though surprisingly, when I weighed myself this morning I was down 2 pounds. cheers So its because of that, that I didn't just give up like I usually do and go looking around for a new diet on the internet. This diet has made me a believer. So here I am and this time I'm going to post daily, don't know yet if I should post in the morning with a plan of what I'm going to eat for each day or later in the day after I've eaten whatever I've had. I'll think about it. Heres to not giving up and good luck to everyone as well.

Day 1 Weigh-in: 184
Day 2 Weigh-in: 182

L: 7 bites of honey-dipped breaded chicken filet
D: 3 bites of chicken fried rice

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:54 am

Great job on your weight loss! : )))) To regulate your hungerstat 5 or less bites is best...you'll stretch out your stomach going over 5 and then making up for it later will cause insatiable binge hunger. I've tried every trick imaginable with this diet and the hungerstat is key in keeping you on track. There is an awesome article in another section of the forum about it. Drop by there and read it...you will be enlightened by the science behind it. Good luck on your journey. I admit I am a full-blown bulimic and this diet is really helping me get a different mindset about food.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sat Sep 22, 2012 2:36 pm

So I'm still going with the 5 bite diet. I made a slight mistake yesterday which was that I ate a little bit extra. I know I shouldn't have but I'm not gonna beat myself up about it this time surprisingly. I should have went out and bought some aspirin instead of food to fix my headache but what can I say? I'm a tad impulsive I suppose. But this time I'm doing it right. I'll be armed with some aspirin cause the only reason why I didn't adhere to the 5 bites yesterday was because of the extremely painful headache I had later on after I was done with my last meal. So since I didn't go all out and eat as much as I did the previous day, I can't say it was a binge at all. I just had an extra meal which easied my headache completely. I'm hoping buying some ibuprofen will fix the headache problem instead of me turning to food. So heres to day three! I'll post what I'm eating later on today.

Day 1 Weigh-in: 184
Day 2 Weigh-in: 182
Day 3 Weigh-in: 183

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Sat Sep 22, 2012 5:44 pm

One way to look at is that if you have some physical symptoms like a headache that you know the diet is working. I not having headaches with this round but I have had them in the past. I try to drink a ton of water to stay hydrated and that seems to help. Also, drinking drinks with caffeine occasionally like diet Mountain Dew. Keep going, you're doing great! I know it's hard, but you CAN do this! : )))))))

We're about the same weight now...what was your ultimate goal weight???

I can't say that I really have an ultimate goal weight. I'd really like to get down as small as I can like 100 or 110 if possible or as light as I can get and be able to maintain it without losing my mind! I'm only 5'3" so that's a nice weight for me. According to Dr. Lewis I should weigh: 104!!!!: ))))))))
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sat Sep 22, 2012 7:27 pm

Well my ultimate weight is probably 135-140, the only reason I don't go lower since I'm 5'1 is because I still want to keep my curves somewhat. We'll see how that goes when I get to that number though. And yeah I currently drink like the no-calorie peach tea which seems to help since it keeps me hydrated, but I do believe I probably will need the aspirin for later so I'll make sure I have that handy.

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 am

The past two days I've had a hard time. I keep thinking ahead towards how much pounds I have to lose and I just feel so overwhelmed by what I have to do to get there. I get like that with a lot of things actually, which isn't good but looking towards the future makes things seem very, very hard for me. Though I'm hoping that since I usually just veer off and not even post about my setbacks and such that maybe I'm keeping myself a little more accountable in the process. I want to start again and try and focus on the little losses more and celebrate those as I go. Here's to getting back on the bandwagon and staying strong! I'll post my weight in the morning though I know I'm gonna have a gain, I just gotta not let it get to me.

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Sep 25, 2012 1:38 am

I love you honesty..you are like many off us.. looking forward to fare ahead.. I do it too.. Keep focussed on the little goes and rejoice.. When I loss a good one I purchase some flowers for my kitchen table.. great reminder to keep it going.. Good Luck cheers
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:21 am

Man, I keep trying to start this diet but apparently my blood sugar drops too low for me to even get past day one. Having the shakes is a terrible feeling. I wonder if anyone else has gotten the shakes and been able to get past it? Some advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:38 am

I don't get that feelng at all. I don't even get headaches, makes me think it's not really working for me Laughing But from what I've read it is common when you're body is still getting used to small intakes of food. If you are consistent on your bites for 3 days, it will be better. Try drinking some hot water for the hunger. But everyone is different so find what works for you. Good luck Very Happy
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:42 am

Hunger is not the problem at all. I actually don't get hungry, its just the shakiness makes me feel so bad, its terrible. Makes me wonder if I have blood sugar issues....

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:50 am

I would try to contact my doctor and get some test done to make sure you are going to be fine with this diet.
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:49 pm

Hmm, I ended up eating extra bites with my chicken fried rice last night and that seemed to help with my shakes. So I've decided to do more of a modified version of this diet, probably 10 bites per meal and see how that goes. I may not lose as fast, but it still will be much faster than the traditional way of losing weight. So heres to another day and I did lose 1-2 pounds too, so I'm happy. Unfortunately I have one of those standard scales and not a digital one so I can't tell exact weights.

Weigh-In: Between High 179 and 180

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Yuki526 Sun Oct 14, 2012 3:51 pm

Modified version of this diet is better than any diets I've seen around. At least you don't have to count your calories Razz Yay for the weight loss so far. Keep it up Very Happy
Yuki526
Yuki526

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:36 pm

Thanks for the support! I'm gonna keep on trying =3

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:50 pm

You may want to work down to 5 bites to slowly get your body more used to the lack of calories
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  shinichan18 Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:01 pm

So, I have decided for my first week i'm going to stick with the modified version of 10 bites per meal and then see if my blood sugar will let me do 5 bites per meal from there. Today I've had no shakes, so I am feeling much more optimistic about this diet since its going so much better.

Breakfast: Just water
Lunch: 10 bites of codfish and basmati rice
Dinner: either 10 bites of spaghetti and tomato sauce, 7-8 bites of spaghetti and tomato sauce with 2-3 bites of greek yogurt, or 5 bites of spaghetti and tomato sauce and 5 bites of greek yogurt for dessert (I really don't know yet).

shinichan18

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:24 am

find you rythm and you are going to do great!! I am always working on my rythm.. off most days.. good luck!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:48 am

Sounds good...do what works for you!!! Don't ever give up!!! You CAN do this!!!! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down