5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Day 4 more diffcult than day 3

3 posters

Go down

Day 4 more diffcult than day 3 Empty Day 4 more diffcult than day 3

Post  JezzyKat Tue Aug 28, 2012 7:50 pm

Hi, Everyone! I just started doing the 5bd, and I'm on day 4. I felt really good yesterday (Day 3) with lots of energy and my headaches and hunger pains were gone. But today, they are back (with a vengeance). LOL. Anyone else experience this?

Also, do most people worry about actually resetting their hunger stat...or is it enough to just lose weight? I'm so nervous that eating only 10 bites a day is going to cause me to gain all the weight back once I go back to eating more than that. I haven't read the book yet (it's on its way and I didn't want to wait to get started on the diet), so I don't know if the concept of "starvation mode" has been addressed or not. The prevailing wisdom seems to be that if you restrict your calories too much then when you return to normal eating your metabolism will be so slow that you will gain all the weight you lost back and then some.

I would love to hear anyone's thoughts on these things...

Thanks,
Debra

JezzyKat

Back to top Go down

Day 4 more diffcult than day 3 Empty Re: Day 4 more diffcult than day 3

Post  Dmac Wed Aug 29, 2012 2:07 am

Welcome Debra I have ben off the diet for a wile now I definitely have to watch what I eat still day 4 was often my most difficult day I say stick with it it will get better you will find this diet gets ezer and if u gain wight you five bite get back where you want to be and have a little less he explains it better in the book also there's a YouTube video if u haven't seen it you should good luck stay strong
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  spryng Wed Aug 29, 2012 12:03 pm

Hi Debra! Welcome! and what I found was the first week was difficult.. by day 5 or so though it gets better but even if you are 15 days into it you might have one day where you feel ravenous all of a sudden and other days where food doesn't interest you at all.. it's up and down for sure but once you are past that first week it's sooo much easier to manage and control. And about your hungerstat, once its reset and you hit your goal and go off the diet unless you are just stuffing yourself each day you will not pack the weight back on. The idea of the diet is to reset that hungerstat for life, so once you go off you still eat much smaller portions to maintain your weight.. of course many more bites than 10 each day but still small portions and if you see you are going up a few lbs just hop back on the 5 bite train again for a few days for them to come back off then back to maintenance.. so I feel like its a great tool for success! Come on over to the daily journal section and keep your journey there so we can follow you and cheer you on! Smile
spryng
spryng

Back to top Go down

Post  JezzyKat Wed Aug 29, 2012 4:00 pm

Thanks so much to you both for your quick replies! It really helps to know what other people are experiencing and that I'm not alone with my feelings of hunger. (I guess misery really does love company - haha). As difficult as yesterday was, I haven't felt hungry at all today yet. But it's such a relief to know that once we start eating normally again the weight doesn't just pile back on right away. It makes me wonder if the starvation mode theory isn't just another myth amongst the plethora of them surrounding the weight loss world.

I will definitely try to journal when I have the time! I appreciate the encouragement. :-)

JezzyKat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum