5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

my first post 1/17/13

3 posters

Go down

my first post 1/17/13 Empty my first post 1/17/13

Post  120-4life Thu Jan 17, 2013 8:22 pm

This is my fifth day on 5 Bites. I'm at 150 now with a goal of 120. I'm very motivated to see this to the goal and maintain it after that. What motivates me more than any other plan I've tried are several things:

1. No more worrying about what to eat; just eat your 5 bites and move on to something
else. I have a lot more time and energy to spend on my planning and goal-getting
actions now
2. I will save a lot of money on food while I eat only 10 bites a day, and when I
consistently eat less for life
3. I will finally be in control of my eating patterns and my weight, and no longer slave to
food
4. I will be slim and attractive in a size 10 or less (small size clothes are always nicer it seems)
5. I will have more energy, mental clarity, and emotional balance
6. No more 10 lb. bowling balls to carry around everywhere!
7. Healthier for life into my 80s, 90s, and more if needed
8. I will be a shining example and motivator to others to release their excess weight!

So now to the nitty gritty.
The first three days were easy for me and the 5 lbs came off quickly. The fourth day was not so easy. I don't have a doctor monitoring me on this as I have yet to find one who is open to this program. I need to find one so I can check with him/her to learn what my body is telling me with the symptoms. I've always had a problem with low energy and possible hypoglycemia. So yesterday morning I woke up with a symptom of low blood sugar that I sometimes get - and after taking two glasses of alkalinized water my pulse began to increase to a rate of 110. I don't know if it was the water or blood sugar related but I ate a small handful of raisins along with a small piece of cheese and went to lie down until the pulse rate went down to 80. If I were under a doctor's monitoring I might have found out what was going on, but it probably had to do with my blood sugar.

This morning I felt a little bit of the same symptoms so I had my first meal at 10 am instead of noon. It was a bit more than 5 bites of a lettuce, olives, and raw veggie salad with refried beans that I prepared for a daughter's visit yesterday. It was delicious and I felt better. So now I need to see if I just need to eat my first meal earlier than noontime.
I think I'll have a snickers bar for dinner! Smile

120-4life

Back to top Go down

my first post 1/17/13 Empty Re: my first post 1/17/13

Post  Dmac Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:06 am

welcome to the site and great start I think the longer you do this diet the easier it will get for you keep us posted
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

my first post 1/17/13 Empty Thank you, Dmac.

Post  120-4life Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:32 am

I appreciate your encouraging words. Are you still working on the weight release or are you on maintenance now?

120-4life

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Jan 18, 2013 2:35 pm

I'm in wait release mode right now I would like to lose 35 or 40 pounds I've lost it before and got it back trying to lose it again Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Jan 18, 2013 6:55 pm

You are doing so great!! You are dropping into Ketosis .. normal.. your not eating enough for your body have enough carbs.. 2 snickers is only 66.4 net carbs.. that is low and if your not eating it your even lower.. you do not need to worry it will not hurt you.. you are just heading into burning major fat mode.. great job!!

Debbie
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down