5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Claire's journal

+3
Snow White
ElleBella
claire1
7 posters

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Claire's journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Claire's journal

Post  Snow White Tue Sep 24, 2013 12:02 am

Glad you are back, Claire...these things happen...just keep on going. It's hard for friends to understand this diet anyway. Okay, so I have confirmation that Debbie does celebrate Thanksgiving! So, Claire do you celebrate Thanksgiving?

Wishing you a fabulous day on plan! Have a wonderful Tuesday tomorrow!
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:38 pm

Hi girls,

I'm sick of eating Snickers.Laughing Laughing  Maybe I'll change my menu...
My weight today: 149.2 (2.2 loss). I'm not getting excited about it because I know this happpens everytime after having eaten "normally" for several days.
Yesterday I ate 2 Snickers, today 1 Snickers and 1 Twix. And in the evening, as usually, a few bites of bread to stop my cravings. Laughing 

Snow White, no, we don't celebrate Thanksgiving in Europe, but I know from my favorite movies and sitcoms that you eat very well that day: turkey, mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce (I've always been curious how it tastes because of "Friends"), pie, etc. I wonder if the British celebrate Thanksgiving too since you're all somehow related. Ok, I'll stop talking about it, otherwise I'll go straight to the fridge.

Have a nice evening, girls and a wonderful day tomorrow:!: Exclamation Exclamation 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Wed Sep 25, 2013 12:26 am

That's the way all the American holidays are...centered around food! It's soooooooo terrible! I wish I was skinny so I could really enjoy those times. Somehow I will have to figure in all of these holidays on a maintenance plan once I reach my goal weight!

Jan.- New Year's Day Feast
Feb.- Valentine's Day-always food & Super Bowl Sunday
Mar.- Spring Break & St. Patrick's Day
April- Easter
May- School's out & Memorial Day (BBQ)
June- family birthday
July- family birthday & the 4th of July (BBQ)
Aug.- family birthday and back to school BBQ
Sept.- Labor Day (let's eat more BBQ)
Oct.- Halloween & my anniversary
Nov.- Thanksgiving & family birthday
Dec.- Christmas (2 weeks of eating), my birthday, and New Year's Eve

Also, once a month during the school year, my school has "Pay Day Treats" a pot luck food fest!

One would just about have to fast all year to be able to splurge at all these events! This is why America is obese! We just get used to eating these huge portion sizes all the time. This diet has really helped me with this. First, being a vegan I am forced now to be very picky about what I eat and reducing the portions has helped me a lot.

I heard you can't by over a size 12 in France. Is that true?
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Sep 25, 2013 3:44 am

uuugh.. thanksgiving.. yum and oh my yum... You are doing it girl.. Thank you so much for your message.. kiss kiss
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Thu Sep 26, 2013 11:42 am

No, Snow White, it's not true about the 12. It's true that French women are generally thin and they are very careful and watch their weight. But of course, there are also women who have more or less extra pounds. That must be due to fast foods.Question 
But I can tell you that I lived in China for a few months in a small tower (around 1 million inhabitants) and during my stay I saw only one woman who was a little overweight, but she was about 60 years old, so I thought it might have been due to menopause or a disease.
On the other hand, if you go in big cities, overweight people are not so rare, but not like in Europe or America. I had lost about 15 pounds in China and I'm sure it was because of the food which was so different from what I had eaten in Chinese restaurants in Europe and so so delicious... but I put all back when I returned here. Smile 

It's very hard to keep on going with this diet. I don't eat Snickers anymore. Yesterday I ate the last bar for lunch and in the evening I had 75 grams of pasta with a little bit of broccoli and carrots. Today, I'll eat pasta again (100 grams) and maybe some vegetables.
2 days ago my weight was 149.2, yesterday 148.1 and today 147.2. It's been so long that I didn't see this number on my scale.Very Happy 

This morning I was woken up at 6 a.m by a cat's crying in the back of my apartment block. So I went down and took it with me. My boyfriend is gone for 2 days, so I called him to give him the "good news". He doesn't want me to have a cat in our apartment. Despite that, I went to the supermarket and bought cat food, litter, etc. It's a kitten and it doesn't use the litter box. It peed on the floor (luckily for me, it wasn't on the carpet), then it wanted to poop in bed. So I forced it to do it in the litter box by holding it inside the box. Now my kitty's sleeping, but I have to be very careful when it comes to using the litter tray otherwise my boyfriend won't be happy with the smell. lol! 

Have an awesome day, girls:!: Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Sep 26, 2013 4:24 pm

Oh.. what did you call the kitten.. I bet he she is just beautiful.. You are doing sooooooooooooooooooooo amazing girl.. keep going.. Oh my husband was in chini.. left from germany and dropped 60lbs in about 2 months.. lol.. we should all move there....lol

Have a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Fri Sep 27, 2013 12:55 am

Is it just smaller portions in China that cause the weight loss?

Congratulations on your weight loss! You are doing so well!!!! I'm sooooooooooooooooo proud of you!!!
bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 

I never could do the Snickers...I have done much better just eating regular foods that I want to eat. The thing is just getting your stomach used to eating a certain portion of food no matter what you are eating. It will all level off b/c some meals will have more calories and some will have less. I read that book Why French Women Don't Get Fat...it was quite interesting.
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Sep 28, 2013 4:45 pm

Hey you , how are you doing? Have a super Saturday Very Happy 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Tue Oct 01, 2013 12:14 pm

Hi girls,

I'm back... I was on a trip in Brussels which I had never visited before. A very beautiful capital, there are so many nationalities that populate the city and a lot of tourists, especially Japanese. It was the first time I stayed in a 5 star hotel. It was located near the European Commission, so a lot of parliamentarians stay there. The employees treat you like royalty, it was an amazing experience. I could get used to luxury sooo sooo easily. lol! 

So, I couldn't go on with my diet. I had to eat the famous Belgian fries (good, but not extraordinary... I guess I was expecting too much Smile ), Belgian chocolate and other fat meals. I also had African food in the African district. It was so delicious and of course high in calories, but I couldn't help myself. As a consequence, yesterday I was back at 150.5. I lost a little and today I'm 149 lbs.

Yes, "my" cat was so beautiful, Debbie. I had to abandon my cat before leaving in Belgium Sad Sad Sad  because my boyfriend wouldn't let me have it. I named him Lucretiu (Latin origin). I cried so much, I feel awful... he's still around here. Yesterday in the evening I heard him meow, I went outside to take him back even if I was going to have a fight with my boyfriend, but I couldn't find him. I hope I'll find him today because no one else took him. Sad 

Snow White, about the Chinese, yes indeed, they don't eat too much, but on special occasions they do. In Shanxi (not Shaanxi), the province where I stayed, people don't eat very often food. They prefer vegetables, and Chinese have so many varieties. Before going to China, I thought they eat rice everyday. But in Shanxi, they prefer wheat noodles. Of course, they also eat rice, but rarely compared to other provinces. In the morning, they eat very well, breakfast seems more like lunch, and in the evening they eat some sort of soup (water, salt, rice or millet, potato or manioc) which I found tasteless when I got there, but once you get used to their meals, you start to like it and enjoy it.

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Tue Oct 01, 2013 4:18 pm

Welcome back Royal girl.. lol.. I am so sorry about the cat situation.. I had a cat put out on me once.. I left that person as I realized that when he did not like something he chose what would happen.. I was a wise young woman.. just a silly married one.. lol.. well not.. I am awake and doing something about it.. lol.. I hope you can find the cat.. maybe take it to a pet shelter? Give it a chance to find a home?

I love Belgium.. I spent many a holidays there.. the food is just splendid. Happy you enjoyed yourself.. yay..

When my husband was in Hainan china he lost so much weight.. actually when he was in any Asian location. He loves sugary sticky spicy food.. for sure he loved it all.. He said they eat much smaller portions but there food is still very high in calories.. this is due to the fact that they walk everywhere, work long hard hours and only eat a few times a day.. When he gets back to Germany, he always puts on weight. lol

Have a great day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Tue Oct 01, 2013 11:12 pm

Claire, sounds like you had a great trip! I could get used to that luxury treatment, too! lol! lol! lol! 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:37 pm

I almost forgot to write in my journal.
Yesterday I ate 100 grams of pasta with some Chinese sauce which is very spicy and later at night I got so hungry that I had 2 bowls of oatmeal + 3 tablespoons of honey Sad Sad Sad . But I won't do that today.bounce bounce bounce 
My weight this morning - 149.2 (+ 0.2) bounce bounce bounce bounce 
I don't understand because I expected to weigh more than that but I won't complain.

I got to go, I'm late. Have a great day, girls!!!

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Wed Oct 02, 2013 8:43 pm

Oatmeal is a good thing for hunger and it pretty low in calories.. yay that you did not gain really. Have a super duper Day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Thu Oct 03, 2013 12:12 pm

Yesterday I had pasta again and later in the evening some bread . I was too hungry.Embarassed Embarassed Embarassed 

My weight today: 148.1

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Oct 03, 2013 5:34 pm

Food is not the enemy love.. do not let it be.. You can have pasta any time.. just try to keep the portion small.. I love pasta .. having it tonight for dinner..lol
Have a super day!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Oct 06, 2013 7:11 pm

Hey You, how are you doing? Hope you are having a wonderful weekend. Cheers!
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Thu Oct 10, 2013 3:24 pm

Hi girls,

I've been off my diet for a week, so I'll start over again. How many times I've said that over the last year? A lot...too many times, but that's me.
I hope to do better now.

Day 1: 151 lbs.
I haven't eaten yet, I'm not hungry and I have no idea yet of what I'll have for dinner.

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Thu Oct 10, 2013 4:07 pm

Yay you are back honey.. How wonderful.. xoxoxox Have a great day 1 love.
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:17 am

My weight today: 148.5. Like everytime after a break from a diet, I lose more or less 2 lbs, but I know this happens only the 1st day.
Have a nice day, everyone!

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Fri Oct 11, 2013 7:14 pm

It's a Great back on plan result.. Yay I am so happy for you bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sat Oct 12, 2013 8:40 pm

Hey You, how are things going? I know you are rocking it bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  claire1 Sun Oct 13, 2013 11:25 am

Thank you for your support, Debbie! I hope you're rocking too.Smile 
For the moment I'm stuck at 148.5. Maybe because of my period, maybe because before yesterday I baked cinnamon rolls and I ate 2 late at night.
Yesterday I ate 300 ml soup and 100g pasta, so around 500 calories but my scale shows no change. Today, I'll have the same menu.Smile 

claire1

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Sun Oct 13, 2013 5:27 pm

You welcome Honey,

I am on my plan also and have not shifted any weight in 4 days. Sad  I think it is not working for me. I hate doing diets like you can not even imagine but it is clear I have to do it. I wish I just could do this 5 bite diet and stop this unhealthy ride. I am thinking about I have to give it one more go Very Happy 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  ElleBella Mon Oct 14, 2013 7:53 pm

Hey girl. I hope you are having the best Monday ever. I did go back to the 5 bite diet yesterday. I am down 1lb of the goal 40 to Decembers xmas. Yay.. on my way.. Happy to be doing this with you..xoxox[/size][/color]
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

Post  Snow White Mon Oct 14, 2013 10:47 pm

Just keep on drinking your water to help flush out the water retention. It's rough to look at the scale when it's that time. Keep on going and the weight will come down. You are doing great and just keep on going!!! Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow Arrow 
Snow White
Snow White

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next