journal....................................

Go down

journal.................................... Empty journal....................................

Post  me on Sun Feb 09, 2014 2:11 am

Okay, so I have used 5 bite every winter for the last 3 years now to get my appetite back in check and lose the few pounds I gain with the festivities. I find it very effective and quick. I was thrown for a loop here because last year I sprained/fractured my ankle and so I saw around a bunch. Funny thing is, I didn't really gain more than 5 lbs in my recovery. It was at the end when I decided to follow the high carb/fruit diet for while that I gained 10 more than usual in this fall. Now that will be fixed.

By the way, I do the 5 bite in 3 meals a day. This is how I avoid binges, because once I have eaten once at breakfast, I know I will eat two more times. When I have eaten again at lunch, I know I get to eat again in the day. And when I have finished dinner, I look back and see I have already eaten now 3 times and that is enough. Its a psychological things and it doesn't keep me from losing quickly. I'm on my 3rd day now with 5 bite, almost over. I'll get the journal caught up:

Day 1) So I woke up today and had lost 2 lbs due to my skipping dinner the day before. I started this morning at 141.5 lbs and have a goal to get to 130 lbs straight through with this go round on this diet.

Breakfast: 5 bites toad in the hole

Lunch: 5 bites kamut brownie

Afternoon: Decaf coffee with sugar-free, calorie-free vanilla syrup.

Dinner: 5 bites peanut butter and lettuce sandwich

The rest of the day: plenty of water, herbal and black tea, plain

I distracted myself by walking around town running errands and applying for jobs. I feel so energetic on this.

The bite portions end up being between 1/4-1/3 cup of food at each meal, which is just enough to set of a 'I have eaten' reaction to satisfy me. The key is to save liquid consumption for in between meals and avoid soups on this. I only have a few sips of water during a meal, just enough to wet the whistle, but not enough to fill up the stomach. In this way the stomach will quickly shrink. I love this diet. I'm looking forward to tomorrow...

Day 2) 139 lbs, a loss of 2.5 lbs since yesterday. I know its water-weight as well, but I can see the change and feel the change and its SO good to wake up everyday on this and see the difference.

Breakfast: 1 bite raw broccoli flowerette + 4 bites kamut brownie left over from yesterday

Lunch: 5 bites peanut butter and spinach sandwich

Afternoon: Decaf coffee with sugar-free, calorie-free vanilla syrup.

Dinner: 5 bites fish and veggie stir fry with rice

Plenty of decaff coffee, tea with some stevia and plain, water, and a vitamin water 0

Yoga and some other strength training and rebounder jumping.

I felt emotional dealing with finances when hubby came home and munchy while we were watching the Olympics tonight, both of which could have set me off, but I resisted. Its a challenge with my husband around due to emotional eating sometimes, but I have been working on this, because real hunger is the only excuse to eat and even then...

Hubby is ok with 5 bite as long as I am happy and healthy, he always says. He just marvels at me because he says there is no way he could do this himself. You know its funny how when you go places and they want to serve a woman who is 100some odd pounds the same size dish as a 200 lb man..no wonder we women are so under pressure in this way..resist. I am just so glad that I am an adult in my own place doing this.

I'll update day 3 (today) in another post tonight.

Last edited by me on Sat Feb 15, 2014 8:17 am; edited 1 time in total
me
me

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Day 3 Feb 8

Post  me on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:19 pm

I'm 5'9 3/4" Woke up to 139.5 lbs because I started my monthly and its always a little weird with the scale.

Breakfast: 5 bites rice w/tangerine, walnuts and honey

Lunch: 2 bites macaroon, 3 bites egg w/daiya cheese melted

Afternoon: Decaf Coffee w/ calorie-free vanilla syrup

Dinner 5 bites perogies w/bacon, mushrooms, onions and spinach

Coke 0 and plenty of hot tea and water

(this was yesterday and I didn't get the chance to post)

Last edited by reginalynnbush on Sun Feb 09, 2014 7:21 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : added liquids)
me
me

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Day 4 Feb 9

Post  me on Mon Feb 10, 2014 6:26 am

137.5 lbs

Breakfast: 5 bites bacon, lettuce and tomato sandwich

Lunch: 5 bites yogurt with granola, walnuts and raspberries

Dinner: 1 bite of orange wedge, 3 bites potatoes w/cilantro and olive oil, 1 bite dark chocolate

diet soda, tea, decaf coffee, water

It was hubby's day off and he kept grasing on food in front of me all day..ugh, but I did it. My brain wasn't so hot playing scrabble today. Yesterday I was very tired, but I perked up alot today.

Lifted weights, jumped on trampoline, calisthenics.

journal.................................... Weight
me
me

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Day 5 Feb 10

Post  me on Tue Feb 11, 2014 6:06 am

137 lbs

Today I jumped on the rebounder.

B: 5 bites bacon pancakes with maple syrup

L. 1 bite (gulp) green smoothie (banana, cilantro, apple juice, spinach), 4 bites peanut butter sandwich

Before dinner I was with hubby watching the Olympics and I was shaky, cold, with a weak feeling and pounding heart on the couch under a blanket. I didn't feel good at all. I figure I have been working out too hard this week for the diet. I looked at hubby and told him I didn't feel well and he concurred on how I looked. I have a strong will and I use it, but I always listen to my body's needs as well (wants are different than needs) I ate an apple. It helped. Then I ate a regular, yet small dinner of egg stir-fried rice with vegetables + a small portion of tofu dessert. I didn't count bites.

Then over the evening I ate a few more little things: some bites of leftovers from the fridge....a handful of nuts...a piece of toast, but I didn't gorge or stuff myself. I just wanted to feel better and support my body in what it deemed it was missing before I continued on. It seems that now I'm almost at the weight I want, my body wasn't ready to go full steam ahead to finish the goal. I'll be back to the plan tomorrow. I am not discouraged, but recharged.

I'm changing my immediate goal from 128 lbs to 129 lbs for now due to finding out I am really 5'10" now due to my chiropractor treatments over the last year or so. That is a 18.5 bmi.

journal.................................... Weight
me
me

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Feb 11

Post  me on Wed Feb 12, 2014 4:17 am

I did breakfast and lunch just fine at 5 bite. I am taking a break for a few days. There has been a death in the family and I need to be all there to be supportive of my husband.
me
me

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Re: journal....................................

Post  ElleBella on Tue Feb 25, 2014 7:41 pm

I am sorry for your loss. God bless you and you family in this time.  Sad 
ElleBella
ElleBella

Back to top Go down

journal.................................... Empty Re: journal....................................

Post  herbsgirl on Thu Feb 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Praying for you, and welcome to the forum!
herbsgirl
herbsgirl

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down