5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Here we go!

+2
tammyjm10
JL's Mom
6 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Here we go! Empty Here we go!

Post  JL's Mom Mon Apr 28, 2014 4:40 pm

On Friday I received a text from my husband telling me about this crazy diet called "The 5 Bite Diet". I chuckled. Then I asked him what the diet consisted of. He explained it to me. He saw it on Dr. Oz. After many questions and the weekend was starting I told him that we should give it a try. At least for the weekend. Saturday came around and I had his coffee waiting for him. As he walked down the stairs he said I was crazy! He said it was the weekend and that's the time we make a great breakfast. We both work during the week. It was his idea!!!! But he did it. I didn't weigh myself on Saturday. Didn't want to. I was on the Atkins Diet. I started in March and lost 15 lbs. I quit for one week. I didn't go overboard with carbs but I did have some. I was down to 184 from 198. That week of having carbs from not having carbs, I'm pretty sure I gained some poundage back. I didn't weigh myself because I didn't want to know how much I gained. I'm a chicken and I hate that darn scale. But I weighed myself this morning and I was at 183.6. I lost weight. Just not sure how much. I will start journaling daily. I will stay on this 5 bite diet life until May 29. Going to Vegas. My goal is 160's. I will continue after my return. So for now I will share what I ate and my activity. I promise to share everyday! By the way, my husband lost 4 pounds in 2 days!
P.S. We are not counting calories just bites. Sorry, I didn't want to deviate from plan but I did.

Saturday 4/26
B-Black chai tea with stevia
L-5 bites Stuffed pizza (I'm from Chicago! Giordano's is the best!!! #1) 12pm
D-5 bites Stuffed pizza (It was still tasty. The crust is so good!) 7:30 pm
Activity-Took the kids to the Sears Tower (I refuse to call it the Willis Tower!)
Weight-??

Sunday 4/27
B-Black coffee with stevia
L-5 bites of flank steak taco with the works (2 corn tortillas, guacamole, sour cream and queso fresco. Did I mention I'm Mexican? I had food in the fridge that I didn't want to go to waste.)
D- 5 bites of nachos that I made with the leftover fixings from Lunch. 1 chip per bite.
Activity- Walked to and from Target. 1 mile each way.
Weight-??

Monday 4/28
Weight- 183.6 Day is not over and haven't had lunch yet. Only black coffee and stevia. Office is cold so I also had a green tea with stevia.

I'm consistent with my water. If I feel a little hungry, I drink.
I will stick to this!!!! I'm tired of being the fat one!!!!
B-

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Here we go! Empty Re: Here we go!

Post  tammyjm10 Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:16 pm

Good luck to you on your journey! I am new too and very excited about this. For possibly the first time ever . I also hate the scale- haha- but know its a necessary evil! Looking forward to your progress!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Mon Apr 28, 2014 5:24 pm

Let's do this!

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Here we go! Empty No loss but I feel great!

Post  JL's Mom Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 pm

I woke up early this morning eager to get on the scale. No change:( That's ok. I feel great! I woke up early to hit the gym with a friend. This is what my five bites consisted of yesterday.

B- Black coffee with Stevia
L- California rolls made with brown rice (from Costco)
D- Stuffed Pizz (That was the last of it)
Activity- Not much!

Weight-183.6 no loss Sad no gain Smile

I'm getting into the groove of this. We'll see what the scale has to show me tomorrow!
30 more days til Vegas!! Come on 160's!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:23 pm

That's ok- sounds like you are doing great- and keeping upbeat which is a big deal!!! I love Vegas! That's a great motivator!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Here we go! Empty BTW...

Post  JL's Mom Tue Apr 29, 2014 7:51 pm

My husband lost another 1 1/2 pounds!!! That's a total of 5 1/2 pounds since Saturday (3 days)!!! He's loving it.

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:01 pm

Awesome! Good for him. I admit- this may not be for everyone- but once you get "in the zone" - it's fab! I just watched Dr Lewis's you tube video when he was on the Gregory Mantell show. It was really great - and such a motivator!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:35 pm

1.5 lbs down!! cheers 
Today I'm at 182.1
Yesterday's bites

B- black coffee with stevia
L- 5b California Sushi Rolls
D- 5b potato with chorizo gordita
A- 45 min elliptical
W-182.1

I think I should post at end of day not in the morning. I might sound confusing. Sorry!
And my husband lost another 1.6 lbs!! 7.1 lbs down for him!

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Thu May 01, 2014 3:48 pm

AM Weight- 181.4 That's 0.7 down. I think I do better when I move. At least it's going in the right direction! No complaints, just want to be in th 170's by Saturday. Even if it is 179.9! I'm confidant that I will be. Well here goes yesterday's menu...

B- Black Coffee with Stevia
L- 5b of a breaded steak torta (Leftover from my husband's previous dinner bites)
D- 5b of Chicken mole with chips, sour cream and queso fresco. 1 chip per bite.
Activity- Zilch! Nada!

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Thu May 01, 2014 9:19 pm

Good job! I fully believe you can be in the 170s by then! I don't exercise either! Don't feel bad- its enough to just stay focused on this way of eating- there is plenty of time to turn into super women later- haha - hope you have a great Thursday

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Thu May 01, 2014 10:10 pm

Thanks! Smile I will lose if I stick to it.
Hubby lost 0.5 lbs.

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Fri May 02, 2014 12:09 pm

No loss today. Still at 181.4. I find that I lose when I do some kind of activity. Maybe my bites are too full of calories?

B- coffee with stevia
L- 5b of whopper junior
D- 5b of rib tips with a flour tortilla.
Activity- none. Again.

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 02, 2014 2:10 pm

Sometimes i just think the body needs time to adjust to the loss- i didn't weigh today cuz i am fearful of not seeing a number change- but i will tomorrow! I don't worry about the calories in a bite . Really- eating what you want is half the reason this works! If you have to watch your calories AND bites- this would be a lot harder to stick with. You are doing great- no worries

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Sat May 03, 2014 8:58 pm

Down 0.2 lbs this morning. A loss is a loss!

B- black coffee with stevia
L- 5b Italian sub sandwich
D- 5b Italian sub sandwich
Activity- none!

AM weight- 181.2

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  MagicNumber3 Sun May 04, 2014 1:20 am

You're doing great, JL. Really impressed with you sticking to 5B without a loss - that takes a lot of discipline and a strong mind. I can tell you really want this! Glad to see you had a loss today!

MagicNumber3

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Sun May 04, 2014 1:36 am

Thanks magicnumber3! I really do! Going to Vegas in less than four weeks. Don't want to be the fat one, again. Today is a test. Going out to dinner at a Mexican restaurant. I'm debating on hard liquor with my 5b or margarita. ???? Help!!!! First time I'll be deviating from plan!!!!

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  sexyarmywife Sun May 04, 2014 1:40 am

Clear liquor is better! Margaritas have TONS of sugars.

sexyarmywife

Back to top Go down

Post  yogacat Sun May 04, 2014 2:05 am

Thanks for posting your journey, I just learned about the 5 bite diet and prep'ing myself to start on Monday. I'm in a Chicago burb! Smile

Keep it up!

yogacat

Back to top Go down

Post  JL's Mom Sun May 04, 2014 2:17 am

Me too!! South suburbs.

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 2:57 am

And. I got an email for $4.95 Garrett's Popcorn shipping special. Since I cannot figure out how I can be satisfied with including that into my 5 bites. This may be my first. May in a very long time without my favorite Chicago mix. But the sacrifice will be so worth it once my hot bawdy is revealed!!!!  Very Happy 

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Sun May 04, 2014 3:48 pm

I too have wondered about how to deal with popcorn! But like you- if i don't understand it- i steer clear! This is amazing because it eliminates snacking altogether. Which i have done so mindlessly in the past. So that really keeps that under control.let me know if you have some alcohol and what it does to you on the scale. I will be very interested. I thought about having a shot with my friends last night-and replacing one of my bites for it- but thought better of it- cuz i have so little food in me- i didn't want it to make me feel icky- so i skipped it. Im sure it will come up again- i will figure it out im sure. Have a good dinner! Hang in there

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Sun May 04, 2014 4:26 pm

I have not had alcohol. But I do know it is a great idea to check it out now before the situation happens again so you can plan it and not totally deviate off of plan.

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Here we go! Empty I'm still here!

Post  JL's Mom Sat May 10, 2014 11:52 pm

Hello everyone! I've been sticking to it. I'm in the 170's as of yesterday!!!!!!!!!!!!!! 179.2 to be exact. I didn't weigh myself this morning because I got my period last night. I'm loving this!  bounce bounce 

JL's Mom

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Mon May 12, 2014 12:45 am

Yeah and  cheers  cheers  cheers  Cheers for you!!!!  I am sooooo happy for you.  What an awesome accomplishment!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  yogacat Mon May 12, 2014 1:34 pm

Woohoo!! keep up the good work!

I'm a total failure, only lasted 1 day, but jumping back and starting again. We should create a group for those of us interested in keeping in touch and to encourage each other! Smile

yogacat

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum