5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

+2
Daani
ControlIt
6 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

Post  ControlIt Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:08 pm

Hi,
I'm looking for someone who would like an accountable partner.
I am 50 yrs old and 201 correction 197 lbs after 3 days
Thank you
Shelly

ControlIt

http://www.travelsimplified.net

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Re: Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

Post  Daani Tue Apr 29, 2014 10:58 pm

Hi, looks like you are also in the past meno pause circle. We have to work a little harder then the rest but we will get this done. There are more people on here in our age group. We/you are not alone. So how was the day?

Daani

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty past meno pause

Post  ControlIt Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:03 pm

Oh, I didn't see that group. That sounds like my kind of group. I will check it out.
O.K. I was gone from the office most of the day so too many tempting foods out there on the road. But I did better than I thought I would.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Re: Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old

Post  ControlIt Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:06 pm

You must think I'm a real ditz....Is there a group for past meno pause?
Or maybe we should create one? haha
I didn't see anything like that u nder the Team Challenge forums

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Wed Apr 30, 2014 2:42 am

OMG I am sorry. No there is no specific group as of yet on here but there are more people on here with the same post menopause challenge. Maybe we should start a group?

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  FitAt50 Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:24 pm

Can I be in this group, please ?!? This is my day 3. Not only am I in the thick of meno but I have over 100 lbs. to lose. (Was 110, now 105 ) I'm confident that I can to do it with support, on my own I tend to get discouraged.......Good Luck today everyone. Thanks ControlIt!
FitAt50
FitAt50

Back to top Go down

Post  bello Tue May 06, 2014 5:39 pm

I am 52 and my first day.

bello

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty First Day...

Post  ControlIt Tue May 06, 2014 6:37 pm

Hi Bello...
Someone mention a group past meno pause but I can't find it in the challenge.
So I think we should start a small group of new people..?
Over 50?
I am only in my 2nd week, but it helps to read other forum posts...
Shelly

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty team challenge

Post  ControlIt Tue May 06, 2014 6:39 pm

I guess I created a Challenge team ...
That is what you are posting on...so, we have it... a team challenge already named.
So, I put that in my first day but didn't realize I built a team challenge name...haha
Yep...i'm dingy. so we will keep it.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue May 06, 2014 7:20 pm

Hey guys! I am 51 and also have 100 pounds to lose! I am on day 11- i have felt in the past that this last year it has been impossible to lose weight- even on plans where i have been previously successful- but the 5 bite plan has kicked my menopause into shape! It is really working! I love a plan that breaks through our barriers! This is a great group to be a part of!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty FITAT50

Post  ControlIt Tue May 06, 2014 7:25 pm

Thanks for posting fitat50.
I'm a little frustrated. It is defnitely slower loosing the weight.
Day 11 and I've lost only 5 pounds.
I ride my bike 5 to 6 miles every other day.
So, I will just keep doing the plan.
But I'm not getting on the scale again until the end of May.
Shelly
P.S. My daughter joined a gym in Los Angeles.
She's doing a 60 day challenge very intense work out.
they told her, if you have alot of weight to use....get Prenatal Lotion.
Apply it 2 o 3 times a day to areas that will have loose skin.
It give it more elastisty. (I didn't spell that right) Laughing 

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Tue May 06, 2014 10:27 pm

I know this is gonna sounds nuts- but I believe I heard that with this diet - exercise can slow down the weight loss. I am not proud to say that I haven't exercised- but I have had a 16 pound weight loss in 11 days. So maybe sit around more- haha- can't hurt! And I apologize if I have the wrong info- but I think that's what I've been hearing.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Tue May 06, 2014 11:18 pm

Thanks for the idea with the prenatal lotion.

If you don't loose so fast don't feel bad. I have been on this for 12 days now and lost 6 pounds some ounces so far. I am still happy with it. It's more then I ever lost before in that time on any other diet.
Slow and steady.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty yes

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 2:24 am

Tammyjm10. Thx. I have the book now so I am going to see if I can find it. And yep. I can keep doing this the way I am right. Now. I'm not hungry and loising.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 4:21 am

That's perfect. Yes- I think the losing is the all-important part! Whatever is working for you- GO GO GO! We would love to hear any info you have !

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty The Book

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 3:07 pm

Why Weight around book...by Dr. Alwin C. Lewis
Some of the things I hgih lighted and want to share:

One of his patients asked:   Is it safe to loose weight fast?
He said, Absolutely!  In fact, fat itself is so unhealthy that the faster you lose it the healthier it is for you!
Her question, But if I lose it fast, won't I gain it right back?
You Shouldn't. A portion controlled diet does not govern the foods you eat or require the daily summation of calories-two hindrances that invariably cause your weight to rebound.  

Fat Cells, increase a cytokine suppressor  SOCS-3 which blocks the action of Leptin
Leptin suppresses your appetite.

Until you learn how to lose weight faster than you can gain it, you will always fight an uphill battle.  But once you do learn this ability, as perhaps only this diet can teach you, you will be able to titrate your weight to the pound.

RE: Exercise:  EXERCISE, THEN TO STRENGTHEN YOUR HEART, TO IMPROVE YOUR MUSCLE TONE, AND TO RELIEVE STRESS-BUT DIET TO LOSE WEIGHT.

More later.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 3:30 pm

Awesome info! Thanks for sharing. Glad to know these things. Always helps!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 3:46 pm

Hey I also have another question- my daughter says she has looked it up and it is "physically impossible" to shrink your stomach. Hmmmm I wonder about that. Anyone have any ideas about this!? Controlit - does the book say anything about that? Very curious.

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Does my stomach shrink?

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 7:09 pm

Word for word in the book:
You may wonder, "Does my stomach actually shrink?'
No, but the stretch receptors in the walls of your stomach will reset to the new volume of food youare ingesting. After a few days of confining your intake to that volume, these stretch receptors will tell your brain that you are full.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Stomach size

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 7:12 pm

the book says:  He said, I often hold my thumb and index finger a couple of inches apart to illustrate the small stretch that your stomach will experience with just 5 bites of food.  If you don't allow the walls of your stomach to stretch beyond that five bite point for each of your meals, after 3 days, those five bites will fill you up.

Last edited by ControlIt on Wed May 07, 2014 9:59 pm; edited 1 time in total

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty Snickers for lunch

Post  ControlIt Wed May 07, 2014 7:15 pm

I tried just the snickers for lunch today at 11AM
It was satisfying but now that it is 2:30 PM I feel tired, like my blood sugar has dropped.
Craving something healthy.

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 07, 2014 9:54 pm

THANKYOU so much for that informative answer! My daughter is also doing the diet and has been doing some research! I will pass on the news!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Wed May 07, 2014 10:09 pm

Thank you for sharing the info Very Happy 

Daani

Back to top Go down

Need an accountable partner for 50 yr old    Empty I'm loosing but not any where near fabulous.

Post  ControlIt Fri May 09, 2014 12:20 am

I think Im loosing but trying not to step on the scale until Saturday's.   I haven't really been doing the 5 bites.  
Eat:
No breakfast   (drink Green's First only 40 calories, veggies and fruit mix)
Lunch:  Deli ham, turkey, cheese, light mayo on 2 slices of whole grain 45 calories bread.
Dinner:  Smart one's  (Tonight, I did only 5 bites and gave the rest to my husband)
I'm just starting slow into this so I'm not so miserable.
Maybe now I can do the 5 bites and loose faster.  But not much hope, because I'm 50 and I think with eating about 800 calories a day I should be loosing alot faster.  (I'm thinking the sandwich as 400 calories.  I think that's high though)  Rolling Eyes
After reading other posts I wonder if the 4 cans (not bottles) of diet root beer is hindering my weight loss.
So tomorrow I will try the 5 bites for each meal, no pop, more ice tea and water.

Last edited by ControlIt on Fri May 09, 2014 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : I saw another post about soda.)

ControlIt

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Fri May 09, 2014 1:38 am

Better you loose slow then nothing at all.

I don't want to hurt your feelings but your lunch sounds more like a 600 calorie 15 bite thing.

Just make sure your ice tea is sugar free.

I am past 50. Tomorrow will be two weeks since I started I hope it will be 9 pounds total loss. That is more then I ever lost on any other diet in that short time.

Hang in there. You can get this done Very Happy 

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next