5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me...

5 posters

Go down

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Empty hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me...

Post  sunshine Mon Jun 07, 2010 11:57 pm

hi everyone. i weigh 205 pound and i want to be 135. i plan on starting this diet tomorrow [june 8]. i cant wait to lose the weight. im not sure how everyone else did but im expecting to lose 10 pounds a week and having been reached my goal by july 31st (is that realistic on this diet?). i hope to stick to it and not only start looking better but feeling better. if anyone has any tips on what to eat id love them. i think ill try the snickers thing tomorrow and go from there. happy dieting everyone.

Last edited by sunshine on Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:02 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : date turned into smily face)

sunshine

Back to top Go down

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Empty Re: hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me...

Post  Phil Tue Jun 08, 2010 9:40 am

Sunshine! I love ur name lol Smile

I think 10lbs a WEEK maybe a little much especially since the body will slow sown weightloss once ur water weight is lost, maybe say to ur self u will aim for 5lbs this week and when u lose more u will be more surprised ehhe

Good luck and Welcome!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Empty Re: hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me...

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 08, 2010 12:43 pm

heyy
yeah i think that 10 lbs a week is a wee unrealistic. I mean i know most people on this forum tend to lose like 5-9 lbs in the first week (depending on ur starting weight), but keep in mind that LOTS of that weight is water, so u wont really look or feel smaller, but u will def see those numbers go down. Also, as time goes on u lose less weight per week, so take that into consideration when getting on this diet and DONT get discouraged. Its about 6 weeks on this diet for me now, and i lose about 2-2.5 lbs a week and i stick to the diet reallly closely with no exercise other than walking here and there on campus. You will see massive change from this diet, but ur body isnt a machine and u didnt put that weight on at a rate of 10lbs per week, its not fair to allow ur body only a week to remove it.

But by all means get on this diet, and make a practical goal for urself allowing maybe 6 lbs of loss in the first week and about 3 lbs of loss in the first few weeks following that as a goal. If u fall off the diet, dont hesitate and throw in the towel. get RIGHT back on and u wont have done too badly. The goal here is to shrink ur stomach. Once u have succeeded at that id like to see u TRY to eat the amt that ur probably eating now without ur stomach KILLING u with pain (some people even vomit at that point). Like any diet, this one is also a mind game that u need to have discipline for. To be fair, u must give ureself time and dont set goals that are going to be terribly hard to achieve. If u set a 3 lb goal for the first week and u actually lose 5-- ur going to be WAY more motivated to keep it going than if u set a 5 lb goal and lost 3 and felt like a failure.

Support is key, and so is accountability. Once u start the diet, keep us updated we love to hear from yoU! hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Fresse and WELCOME!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Empty i thought so :/

Post  sunshine Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:37 pm

but ill till try an aim for 10 pounds a week even with no exercise lol
i was even thinking about doing a new diet each week (like the diets that promise at least 10 ponds weight loss the first week) and keep them in rotation. but idk if that'd work lol. any comments or suggestions on that?

ex:
wk1- 5 bites
wk2- liquid fast/master cleanse or something
wk3- raw vegan
wk4- 500 calories a day or soup diet
and repeats... (just a thought)

sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jun 09, 2010 1:21 am

I don't want to be a buzz kill, but you should find something that works and stick to it. Not only will you feel like hell on a regimine like that but the first week of a diet is hell and on that kind of rotation you are ALWAYS on the first week of a diet.
It seems like if you are trying something that dramatic you must be feeling a little desperate, which I can totally relate to, but go easy on your body because you don't want to set yourself up to fail.

If you want to still kind of try those different diets I would recommend doing the Master Cleanse and then doing the 5 bite diet. I did the master cleanse and it is very benificial, even after just a few days. however you really won't lose much weight. although you will have more energy, be healthier and it will help break bad food habits which really helps before starting any diet. The five bite diet WORKS! So once you are done with the cleans (or if you decide not to do it) I would recommend following the five bite diet. The first few days are hard but stick with it. Let your body adjust to the small amounts of food and over the next few months the numbers will steadily drop down until you reach your goal. Try to have more good days than bad and posting on this forum really helps for motivation. Take your MV and drink lots of water. Okay I am done with advice Smile Welcome to the forum.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Jun 09, 2010 3:01 am

I agree with Tea and Jenny

you need to set yourself realistic goals ... Don't think too much about the number on tho
because in reality you might not lose on the scale but maybe in inches? It's better not to stress about it and just let ur body do what it does while on the diet (easier said than done and I'm being hypocritical but if the way I see it if I can pass on what i think it should be like and it works for you then it's ok lol :p )

don't put urself through the torture of rotating through various diets, I don't this ur body would like it and it would be mentally exhausting for u as well...

In the end tho the choice is yours and we will support you regardless of your decision Smile

most importantly is to find something safe that works for you! Smile

Good Luck
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jun 09, 2010 12:11 pm

Sunshine, I also started "in the two's" and have a similar goal. I lost twenty pounds in the first month, then about 5 in two weeks, and its been about 1-2 scince then. The thing is, I was STRICT for the first two weeks, and pretty strict Mon-Thurs thereafter. But, from Thurs night to Sat night, I usually go out once or twice to a restaraunt, and maybe out for drinks with my friends, and I have several drinks on those nights (bad)! So, what I've found is that staying strict during the week will keep your stomach shrunk, and that way when you go out, you wont be able to eat too much, and you will feel satisfied and not deprived. Just make sure every other meal during the weekend is only 5 bites. Trust me, this diet is the way to go. This way is the easiest way to do it longer term for people like us who want to lose 60 pounds. After about 2 months of 5 bite "light" , I decided to go back to the strict 2 special k bars a day, and I'm happy to say that (with 1 hr workouts a day) I seem to be back to losing a pound a day. I'll do this for two weeks, and then back to 5bite "light".

Give it a chance for two full weeks, you will not regret it! It is seriously the best way to teach your body what portion controll is.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

hi ! im new here and starting tomorrow :) about me... Empty ill try it

Post  sunshine Wed Jun 09, 2010 5:50 pm

for two weeks and see how it works out. and by inches you mean ill see the results but i wont weigh the results? i have never really understood the whole inches thing.

and thanks everyone for your advice and support ! =). i really fell encouraged.

im on day 2 now. idk if i look any thinner and i havent weighed myself but i guess ill see.
and ive lowered my goal weight to what ever gets me in a size 9/11 lol so im guessing thats about 40 pounds or so. ill still try and stick to the diet and see where i am in 2-4 weeks.

thanks again everyone

sunshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:13 am

3jaysmom is right this "diet is the way to go"!

I can vouch that it's easier than calorie counting which I tried for the past few days (which is why I dissapeared for a bit the last few days lol) anywho I think regardless of what u eat on this diet I doubt u will be having much more than 500-700cals on any given day... It's just easier to keep track of lol as it's way to annoying to keep track of all this numbers etc lol
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down