5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What to Eat Idea

4 posters

Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty What to Eat Idea

Post  darkshines Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:04 am

I'm not sure if anyone has heard of this, theres a website that sends out a daily email called Hungry Girl. They also have a line of cookbooks (though most recipes are online in the archives and also mailed out daily.)

My point is, sometimes they have really cute "mini meals" - the discussion in a previous thread reminded me- some recipes that only require a microwave- or tinfoil in an oven...

Better yet they include WW points and calories and fiber/fat/protein/carb counts with pretty much everything.

I've been using subsitutes (like, just sugar instead of splenda, and regular eggs instead of substitute... etc) for the meals that strike my fancy, and since I'm only eating five bites now, I can do so without remorse. The recipes are creative, fast, easy, and very tasty. (The ones i've tried at least)

Anyway, its definitely a site (or cookbook...s...) to check out- they have a lot of fun, healthy swaps (like, try the "faux fried" recipes. they really are delicious, and of course much healthier. They also include reports on restaurants and products that do, or dont, live up to nutrition par. I love VitaTops- and I found out about them from hungrygirl.com. Also, arctic zero was another of their fabulous recomendations i heard about through their free daily email.

If not for use during the diet, its definitely something to browse through for eating after the 5bd.
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty Healthier lower cal "pizza pocket"

Post  3jaysmom Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:10 pm

Vitatops are the BEST!! Double chocolate! Very Happy I was very into hungry girl when I was on WW, and a few of the things I make all the time, Like the "hot pocket". Its become a staple at my house, if you havent seen this one, its:

1 high fiber wrap (I use flat out light)
1 wedge laughing cow cheese
turkey pepperoni
chopped onions
chopped peppers
marinara sauce
pam cooking spray

spray pan with pam, cook onion and peppers (i like mine raw, but the kids like them cooked)
spread cheese wedge in center of wrap, add onions and peppers. chop the pepperoni (i think I use about 15 of them) and put on onion and peppers. Drizzle sauce on top, dont use too much or it will leak out, and wrap like a burrito, but try to keep it flat. spray pan with pam, cook on 1 side for about a minute, flip, spray more pam about a minute on the other side. toasting it like this makes such a difference! I comes out to be about 6 bites, depending how you wrap it, lol

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty thank you!

Post  darkshines Thu Jun 10, 2010 3:39 pm

I havn't seen that one but was craving pizza last night when i was beating myself up for my already way-indulgent dinner. I will try that today for lunch! thank you sooo much!
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty Re: What to Eat Idea

Post  Phil Sun Jun 13, 2010 10:41 am

Yayyyyy! I'll try to post stuff on here I find some recipies too!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:33 pm

www.yummydietfood.com

shes got some healthy snicker-sized bars in there...
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty Char Kway Teow...

Post  Phil Fri Jul 02, 2010 1:12 pm

I'm a FREAK when it comes to ANY Asian food... I LOVE ALL OF IT REGARDLESS OF WHERE IT COMES FROM THE ORIENT Very Happy

Ok well below is a recipe for a very popular dish sold in street stall in Malaysia... I've tweaked it slightly to accommodate for the 5 bite diet so u may have to play with the ingredients to make sure i've got it right... hopefully its not too much of too little in terms of the number of bites, but when i do try the smaller size batch ill try to remember to post it on here Very Happy and if anyone tries it please let me know how u go! ok... here goes....

Prep Time: 25 minutes
Cooking Time:10 minutes
tweaked for 5BD Smile

* 120g thick fresh rice noodles (usually sold in the asian/ fridge section of the supermarket in 450g packs so you may have to split a packet into about 3 or 4 portions... the noodles can usually be frozen for later use but check the packet Smile )
* Peanut oil, to coat
* 1 red birdseye chillies, thinly sliced (personally i like it super hot so i out more in but u dont have to put in any if you dont like chilli)
* 1 teaspn peanut oil
* 1 garlic cloves, crushed
* 0.5-1 small single chicken breast fillets, thinly sliced
* 4 green medium prawns, peeled leaving tails intact, deveined
* 1 green shallot, ends trimmed, cut into 4cm lengths
* 1 tsp dark soy sauce
* 1 tsp light soy sauce
* 1 eggs, lightly whisked (personally i dont always like egg in it, but once again ur choice) Smile
* 20g bean sprouts

Method
1. Cook the noodles following packet directions. Drain and transfer to a heatproof bowl. Add a little oil and gently toss to coat the noodles.
2. Place the chili in a mortar and gently pound with a pestle until finely crushed.
3. Heat the oil in a wok over high heat until just smoking. Add the chili and garlic and stir-fry for 10 seconds or until aromatic. Add the chicken and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until just cooked through. Add the prawns and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until prawns curl and change color.
4. Add the noodles, shallot, dark soy sauce and light soy sauce and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until combined. Transfer the noodle mixture to a heatproof bowl. Add the egg to the wok and cook for 30 seconds. Return the noodle mixture to the wok and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes or until egg is just set. Remove from heat. Add bean sprouts and combine. Serve.

sorry these measurements are in the metric system and not the US system, im a bit worried its more than 5 bites, but you guys be the judges as you make it Very Happy

If i find any more i shall post them Very Happy

its fun experimenting with the types and quantities of food!

Good Luck Ya'll
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

What to Eat Idea Empty LEAN CUSINE/ HEALTHY CHOICE

Post  Phil Wed Jul 14, 2010 10:27 am

OHHH EM GEE

I just discovered the prepacked frozen dinners! (not the nicest in the world but totally palatable)

over here we have a couple to choose from but for a small bowel (perfectly 5 decent bites without being too much or too little) of beef stir fry it only has 292cals!

only draw back is that it is slightly expensive ($7/meal) but its great for the week or two to start off with!

Highly recommended Very Happy
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jul 14, 2010 4:13 pm

OMG, that is so expensive! Over here, we have isles of frozen low cal dinners, and they only cost $2-3. I swear, no one cooks in AMerica. We're so lazy, lol. Healthy Choice beef merlot is THE BEST! its under 200 cals. some of them are pretty gross, but if you can find one you like its such a timesaver! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jul 14, 2010 7:33 pm

I agree. I prefer home-made food but on my lunch when I am in a rush, I like frozen burritos or taquitos. They are tasty and they have great portion control.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down