5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dizziness

5 posters

Go down

Dizziness Empty Dizziness

Post  freedom25 Thu Jun 10, 2010 12:52 pm

So I am new here on this forum. This is day 4 of my 5bd. I really have not been very hungry
( thankfully) but yesterday and especially this morning, I am noticing that I am very dizzy. Is this normal?

I have been faithful to eating five bites at a time but I am eating adding in breakfast. I will be cutting out breakfast but right now I feel I need it. I am also drinking about 60 oz of water per day. so is there anything I can do or change to get rid of the dizziness?

freedom25

Back to top Go down

Dizziness Empty Re: Dizziness

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:45 pm

i also get a little dizzy sometimes when my blood pressure is low. It only happens when i get up from a sitting or laying down position too quickly. its called positional orthostatic hypotension, and its very common. There is no treatment that i know of and there are no problems associated with it health wise, so i wouldnt be too concerned over it. To help with the symptoms make sure that ur getting enough salt in ur diet. When ur blood volume is at a good level, ur blood pressure will increase to normal making the positional hypotension less obvious. ur vessels have less constriction to do to overcome gravity.

hope that helped you out
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Thu Jun 10, 2010 1:54 pm

That happened to me at first, so I went to having 5 bites of breakfast, lunch, and dinner. I still lost the same amount per day as I was before. I also cut working out for the first few weeks. Once I felt that my body was used to 5 bite, I started working out again. As Tea mentioned, it will prob go away on its own ( she definitely had a well researched answer!), I think taking time off exercize and 5 bites for breakfast make you feel a bit better in the beginning. So, IMHO, you can eat breakfast and it will still work. I hope this helps Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  freedom25 Thu Jun 10, 2010 2:03 pm

Thanks. I have a lot of weight to lose. I have not done any excecising yet, just because when I do it makes me hungry. For me this is a drastic cut in calories so it might just be my body adjusting. I am happy with results though so far. I didnt check my weight when I started but I checked yesterday and between yesterday and today I lost 1.4 lbs. I have tried evey diet, diet pill nothing has ever got me to lose more than 15 lbs before it just stops, no matter how much excercising, so this 5bd is my last hope. And I am greatful for this forum and to have support Smile

freedom25

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 15, 2010 4:41 pm

best of luck freedom, just try to tough out the beginning 3-4 days and see what happens!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  freedom25 Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:17 pm

Thanks. Well I must say that the dizzines has gone away. In the last 6 days I have lost 6 lbs! yay!
I am finding though that when I started this diet I was eating about 800 calories a day and in the last 2 days I am struggling to eat 500. Is this normal that your apetite shrinks this much? Cuz if it is this might be the first diet I could stick to!

freedom25

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:29 pm

yes yes yeS! thats the best part of this diet- u dont even want to eat anymore- and u really cant even if u tried. keep going ur doing so wellll!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:30 am

I was very dizzy on Day 1. But when I reach Day 2..the dizzy feeling is gone. Drinking coffee somehow made me dizzy, cigarettes also make me dizzy. So I try to avoid that.

Anyways on Day 4 I experience being dizzy again. But now on day 8 not dizzy anymore. Hope that helps.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Bereniceperalta Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:20 am

I'm not a healthcare professional, but dizziness can be a sign of various factors, including changes in diet, hydration levels, or potentially underlying health issues. If you're experiencing persistent dizziness or if it becomes severe, it's essential to consult with a healthcare professional to rule out any serious concerns.

That being said, here are some general suggestions you might consider:

Hydration: While it's great that you're drinking water, it's essential to ensure that you are hydrated throughout the day. Dehydration can contribute to dizziness. However, excessive water intake can also lead to electrolyte imbalances, so finding a balance is key.

Electrolytes: Make sure you are getting a balance of electrolytes, as they play a crucial role in maintaining proper fluid balance in your body. You can consider adding foods rich in electrolytes or, if needed, consult with a healthcare professional about electrolyte supplements.

Meal Timing: If you're planning to cut out breakfast, consider adjusting your meal timing gradually. Abrupt changes in eating patterns can affect your body, so giving it time to adapt might help.

Consult with a Professional: Since you're making significant changes to your diet, it's a good idea to consult with a healthcare professional or a nutritionist. They can provide personalized advice based on your health history and specific needs.

Remember that the 5-bite diet is a significant reduction in calorie intake, and it's important to ensure that you are still getting essential nutrients. Any drastic change in diet should be done under the guidance of a healthcare professional to ensure it is safe and suitable for your individual circumstances.

Again, if you're experiencing persistent dizziness or any other concerning symptoms, please seek advice from a healthcare professional for a thorough evaluation.

Bereniceperalta

https://hhprocessors.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum