5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Save up your bites???

+2
Sexy123
Melham1
6 posters

Go down

Save up your bites??? Empty Save up your bites???

Post  Melham1 Wed May 07, 2014 11:32 am

Do any of you ever save your 10 bites (for me it's 15) for one meal? We are having dinner with friends tonight and I have to admit this but I am kind of "secretly" doing this diet so I don't want to just do 5 bites. Plus, it might hurt the cook's feelings. Soooooo? Save up your bites for one meal....Do or don't? Doesn't matter?

Melham1

Back to top Go down

Save up your bites??? Empty Re: Save up your bites???

Post  Sexy123 Wed May 07, 2014 1:14 pm

I haven't saved bites ...yet.  But I think any variation will work as long as it is less bites than you normally would indulge in.  I think as long as you pre-plan bites on occasions such as these (which normally are not everyday) you will still find a deficit on the scale at the end of the week.  I think randomly cheating will set you up for continuing  to cheat.   But a Pre-set meal of 20-30 bites is even acceptable.  If you are able to skip breakfast and lunch and go for more bites then...yeah for you. I have read in previous post where the dieter would fast longer on the other side of the bigger meal to help off set the extra bites or they will workout more to burn off the extra calories.  Whatever works for you and your body that allows you to continue on this journey is good.  And whatever you decide, we are here for you.  You got this. Very Happy 

I would suggest being mindful of those bites and eat slower, and enjoy the conversation more.  Perhaps they will never notice and before you know it they are done and you are "stuffed" as well.

Last edited by Sexy123 on Wed May 07, 2014 7:47 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Burn not hurt off extra calories. Autocorrect is a pain. :()

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Melham1 Wed May 07, 2014 6:14 pm

Fantastic advice and thanks for the reference to people who have done it before! That helps A LOT!

Melham1

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Thu May 08, 2014 5:18 pm

I too have wondered about having 10 bites in one meal instead of 5 bites twice a day. Havent done it yet- but thought about it. It would probably not make you feel very good since you would be going a really long time without food. But i will share if i ever decide to try it!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Daani Fri May 09, 2014 1:54 am

It works also when you have all bites in one sitting. Have been doing that myself since work sometimes leaves no choice.

Daani

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Fri May 09, 2014 2:24 am

Oh great! Thanks for the info- definately good to know !

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  JC2014 Fri May 09, 2014 8:32 pm

Hi, I think saving your bites would keep the weight coming off at the same rate but would affect your hunger stat and then you would be hungry for the next few days that you went back to your five bites. Dr. Lewis says that your hunger stat becomes set at the largest meal you had in the past 3 days. So in this case it would take you 15 bites to feel satisfied after this dinner. But I also think that events come up like that where that is worth it. Great job being so dedicated that you are willing to try to save up bites!!

JC2014

Back to top Go down

Post  dotygal Tue May 20, 2014 1:09 pm

Melham1 - How did it work out? Were you able to wait and do your 10 bites in the evening? How did you feel the day of and days after?
Just curious...if I ever need to do this as well. Wink

dotygal

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down