5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Cris- going all the way!

3 posters

Go down

Cris- going all the way! Empty Cris- going all the way!

Post  Cris Wed May 14, 2014 6:49 pm

Day 1
Breakfast- water and iced tea lightly sweetened with stevia
Lunch- 5 bites of rice, bean, and veggie dish (supper leftovers)

I'm checking in now even though I haven't made it through the day yet. I'm feeling weak and need to go ahead and celebrate my 2 successful meals so far!

Cris

Back to top Go down

Cris- going all the way! Empty Re: Cris- going all the way!

Post  tammyjm10 Wed May 14, 2014 8:58 pm

Good for you Cris! I KNOW the first few days are really rough- but I promise you- if you forage on- it is worth it!! I am down 18 pounds and just started my 19th day. I am a horrible food addict- and I swear- if I can do this- so can YOU! Every day that you wake up- and you were successful the day before- it feels so wonderful! And you lose weight so fast that it really keeps you motivated! Celebrate every bite you take on the plan! The hardest part now is just waiting for the days to go by to get to the goal! Good luck- we are here for you- when you feel like slipping- just come on here and read the stories - they will help!!!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Thu May 15, 2014 12:50 am

Cris you got this!!  Stay focused on your goals and remind yourself that nothing taste as good as being skinnier will feel.  You can do it.   We will do it together.   Very Happy

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Thu May 15, 2014 11:29 am

Day 1
supper- 5 bites of beef/ rice dish and homemade roll
 then 6 more bites (an entire roll) as I was putting the meal away about 30 minutes later!   Crying or Very sad 

Ugh!  I was in frantic hunger mode and should not have been around food at all right then!  But because of my struggle with all-or-nothing thinking, I am thankful that I didn't just give up on the day and start stuffing myself with anything and everything.  The truth is that I was still feeling frantically hungry after those extra bites, and that's a good thing.  It means I'm still on the way to resetting my hungerstat!

Thank you so much, Sexy and Tammy, for your encouragement.  It helps so much to know that there are others making this work!  Congratulations on your weight loss, Tammy!!  That is amazing!

My starting weight is 152, and I don't even know what my final goal is.  (Dr. Lewis has confused me by setting the standard so high!)  But right now I am going to focus on reaching 130.  Even that will be thinner than I've ever been.  But even more, I am greatly looking forward to feeling in control around food again!

Ok, ready for day 2!!

Cris

Back to top Go down

Post  tammyjm10 Thu May 15, 2014 8:45 pm

That is the biggest thing I am learning Cris- to be in control around food. And it has happened to me slowly but surely. And the no hunger part is WEIRD. I am not used to not feeling hungry- especially even after I eat a meal! You would think that I would be super hungry - especially after 20 days of only 10 bites a day- but it truly leaves you. It's the craziest thing. So hang in there- it DEFINATELY gets way more manageable!

tammyjm10

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Fri May 16, 2014 11:28 am

Day 2-
Breakfast- water
Lunch- 5 bites of supper leftovers (our normal routine)
Supper- 5 *huge* bites of pizza (We brought leftovers home from our party and will be eating this for awhile, giving me a much-appreciated break from cooking!)

I felt shaky, weak, and miserable for much of yesterday. But then we had an end-of-the school-year event to attend that afternoon. My job was to lead 80 children in some very active, jumping-around songs while there. I also ended up having to entertain them for 30 minutes with some active, impromptu games. I was worried I wouldn't even be able to do it and was tempted to eat a little more before going. But it went fine. Once I started and really *had* to do something active, with people depending on me, it felt like the adrenaline kicked in and overcame my hunger and weakness. Actually, I found the same thing was true when I tried to exercise yesterday morning. It was extremely difficult to get started, but after that it only took as much will power as usual. Smile

Today I'll be running errands and attending another end-of-school "party." I'm supposed to bring cookies, which makes me feel like I should bake our favorites. But I just don't think that would be a wise move for me right now. Maybe in a week I'll be able to handle something like that! Today, I'll just have to buy something to bring. As far as avoiding temptation, being out and about all day should really help me. Only the evening, when I'm extra tired and ready to crash, will be difficult. But now that I've reached day 3 and have built up some momentum, I'm sure I can make it!

Tammy, it is so wonderful to hear how your hunger is gone. I think I am looking forward to that even more than the weight loss!!

Cris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sexy123 Fri May 16, 2014 12:04 pm

way to go Cris!  you have done wonderfully!!!

Sexy123

Back to top Go down

Post  Cris Sat May 17, 2014 1:08 am

Day 3
Breakfast- diet coke
Lunch- 10 bites of leftover pizza
Supper- 10 bites of turkey-rice dish

Sigh. Lunch and supper followed the exact same pattern today. I was ravenously hungry but managed to stick with 5 bites and leave the table (fleeing temptation!). However, when I felt like I was strong enough to handle it and went back to help the kids clean up the meal, I caved in and ate more. Sad So sad. I think I need to brush my teeth or pop in a piece of gum as soon as I finish my 5 bites! Even though I'm frustrated by my weakness, I feel hopeful that I'm continuing on the path toward weight loss and, even more important, hunger control. I'm also very hopeful that I will be stronger and stick with only 5 bites tomorrow!

Cris

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum