5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

+6
MaxMorbel
Koko
3jaysmom
rachee08
Jenny P.
Phil
10 posters

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

Post  Phil Fri Apr 23, 2010 2:21 pm

Friday 23rd April 2010- Ok so today was a horrid horrid HORRID day for me... to spare you details this whole week has been nothing but disaster especially after last week having a great run and losing 6-8 pounds! Today i was basically not on the diet Sad

It's actually depressing when its not going to plan... its not that the motivation isn't there (although it is slipping) it's like im self sabotaging and i don't know why... I WANT TO LOSE WEIGHT... I NEED TO LOSE WEIGHT (not just for aesthetic reasons but for my HEALTH as well!!!

oh btw i haven't been drinking nearly enough water either Sad

Last edited by Phil on Wed May 19, 2010 12:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Its okay Phil, you'll get it.

Post  Jenny P. Fri Apr 23, 2010 4:08 pm

Don't throw in the towel after one bad day. Hang in there.

Picture yourself fit and trim (especially when you wnat to stray from the diet)
Remind yourself that whatever you are about to eat won't taste nearly as good or as satisfying as being thin and fit feels.

Tell yourself over and over, good luck I hope today goes better.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Re: Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

Post  rachee08 Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:10 am

Phil,

You sooo remind me of... well, ME! lol I do the same thing... great 5 lb. run... followed by 1 little tiny slip, followed by a downward spiral. lol I was basically off the diet today too, and I agree, I HATE it! I need advice as well, so I can't really give it to you but I can jump on and off the wagon w/ you until ONE OF US FIGURES it out and can help the other! haha! Everyone here gives such great advice... I am so grateful for this forum so I will let you know when I find out what helps me! Message me any time!

Rach
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Yayyyyy

Post  Phil Mon Apr 26, 2010 6:28 am

Lol Rachee08! Your so awesome! I really want to do well on this... Seeing how everyone has done so far is very inspiring but I guess I'm weak willed... This morning I woke up so determined to do well... I even woke up at 6pm and exercised! But then close friends of mine had a funeral/memorial service for there father and then they had the wake afterward which had food and everything and I ate (not much but enough to confuse me and throw me off balance ergo causing me to throw in the towle) but I don't think I've had that much so far today other than the wake I had a sandwhich and a half for lunch... And for dinner it might be a spinach rice dish my mum made... FML lol sooo depressing... I want a miracle to make me stick to the diet... Which btw I know I can stick to cause I've done it before...!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty u can sooo do it!

Post  rachee08 Mon Apr 26, 2010 3:48 pm

I have been pretty good today so far! not breakfast, walked a mile and a half, did have my OJ but w/e... lol I'm not ready to sound the victory cry yet though, its only 11:45!! haha, but we can do this! Isn't it weird how you notice all the "out of the ordinary" events that take place when u r trying to diet? Its an everyday thing... I guess they're pretty ordinary after all... Razz hang in there!!!
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Re: Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p

Post  3jaysmom Thu May 06, 2010 1:29 am

Where have you been, Phil!?!? Good thing I've ssen you on other entries, or you would be in BIG TIME TROUBLE!! lol. I just wanted to check in Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Thu May 06, 2010 1:44 am

Eeep!

hehe im here Very Happy just not updating my journal until i have stabalised and got the hang of this stratergy Razz

I have been losing SLOWLY lol but i'm a little worried about posting my not so good days Razz cause that way i'd be able to compare good to bad :S which i don't want to know the ratio of ehehe

I will update soon hopefully :p

BTW MY BOOK ARRIVED YESTERDAY!!! IM ALREADY HALF WAY THROUGH- honestly i dont think i have gotten anything extra out of it from the video on youtube :S if feel kinda dissapointed about it... maybe im reading it wrong? Razz
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty Thursday May 6th 2010

Post  Phil Thu May 06, 2010 6:31 am

I've decided to keep journaling regardless of how i'm going... so I will probably be looking back at this sometime and thinking "wow! i had more bad days then good!"

Anyway...

So i was fine this morning had a HUGE cup of tea with some milk (shouldn't have but it wasn't that much compared to the cup lol- its more of a vase Razz ) with sweetner (you know the stuff that contains no sugar but is sweet anyway... like steiva (sp?) but not lol)

then for lunch i had a wrap... but i kinda got confused cause i filled it with too much filling and ate the inside then the outside (i mean i ate the whole thing slowly, but sometimes picking at the insides before taking a bite of it as a whole into my mouth... make sense?...) it felt like way more than 5 bites then i was feeling guilty anyway so i had a wrap with nutella.... Ehhkkkk in reality if the wraps were only 5 bites i would have only had 10 bites *hurry for me if that was the case! alien <-- the alien's antlers (i know there not antlers but i dont know how to spell antenna's) looked like little itty bitty hands and i thought it was cheering for me... @_@ *ima freak i know**... BUT because the first wrap was filled with vegies and stuff i got confused... normally i would have a wrap with some meat and vege and it wouldn't be a problem but by having it fuller than usual made me think i stuffed up... and so of course me being me im in that "i don't care ill have what i want then on the diet strictly again tomorrow"

but at the moment i am going to stop myself (had a few nuts before but lets just say they were part of the wrap :p between us all... my body doesn't need to know otherwise... Razz)

it would be foolish of me to say that i had only like 10 bites cause it just doesn't feel like that...

Anybody have any tips on how i can stop this from happening again?

Also I have tried the 2 snickers bars a day and let me tell you i personally CAN NOT DO IT No

I find it much more satisfying to have 5 bites of lunch or preferably a wrap than to have snickers... even though having 5 bites of lunch will always be more than the snickers in weight... unless you have like 2 bites hehe even then its still probably slightly more... but still having 5 bites of a meal is going to ultraly (like my new word Razz ULTRA-LY ) change your stretch receptors in your stomach so you can't have as much food as you used to anyway...

I have about 2 or 3lbs to go before reaching my first VERY MINI goal... and since weigh day is Monday hope i can shape up over the next few days and be strict and lose it...

Saturday may be hard tho cause i have a party i have to go to... Sad any ideas how to minimise/ limit food (i will probably have dinner at the party/ function (even though its not a sit down thing there will be food... its werid) anyway so maybe i will allow myself the 5 bites then... that way i won't blow myself out of the water... but any other ideas are also welcome Smile

I feel like i've written a book, sorry if it got boring or doesn't make ANY sense... Very Happy my mind does tend to drag and droan on so its not entirely my fault..!

I'm still surprised i have lost some weight considering i have had more bad days than good... i just have to kick myself up the butt to be strong and stop cheating/ giving up so easily Evil or Very Mad

OKAY... now that I feel that i am boring you *the reader bounce * I must be off to finish doing my assignments... I HAVE EXAM BLOCK IN LIKE 4 WEEKS WITH LIKE 3 MAJOR ASSESMENTS DUE VERY SOON!!! - Talk about stress eating Wink lol

I won't be lessening my time on here tho... Don't worry i'll still be here annoying you all with my no point posting, cheering and other tid bits... just cause i feel at home here affraid tongue

Umm ye thats about all i really want to say (not that i couldn't go on more so... but I feel that i may have already been judged harshly by you *the reader Suspect * at the various spelling and grammatical errors I have made... Very Happy )

Good Luck Everyone and Keep GOING!
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko Thu May 06, 2010 2:31 pm

I know the wrap thing. Use the low calorie, reduced fat tortilla (I believe 20cals). You can only stuff that so much so have that as a bite bite meal. Also I recommened maybe taking a fiber supplement before each meal so you feel a lot fuller, so when you eat you will have that full feeling but with little amount. I have been using it, and its helping me. Of course its only been two days but it is helping. Hope that helps for some tips. just keep thinking about that mini goal, I am desperately waiting to hit mine (a week and a half and I still have not lost 5lbs so stay positive that you are so close).
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty I keep forgetting I have this journal!

Post  Phil Fri May 21, 2010 6:22 am

I keep forgetting I have this journal and that I should be using it! lol dah!

Well let's start with today (yesterday was ok- don't ask me to rememebr any earlier lol)

today has been OK so far I'm a little uneer my limit (15 bites a day) I think (kinda lost track hehe) but it's only 4:20pm! I think tonight will be a challenge... My mum is making a beautiful dinner tonight! Gah! I'll try be strong ... But don't expect miracles lol... I'll hopefully update before I go to bed to write down how I did today...
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  MaxMorbel Fri May 21, 2010 6:36 am

Good luck for the rest of the day man !
you'll be fine Smile
we have faith in you,
plus i am kinda worried about tonight too, but we'll make it work.
ox
p.s nicee pic Smile

MaxMorbel

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 21, 2010 6:38 am

Lol thanks Max!

I take it u have something on too?? Goodluck... We just gotta be tough Wink
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 21, 2010 1:16 pm

Well I failed misrebly tonight... I know were I went wrong and I was being so strong saying no... In the end I caved and it wasn't worth it at all... I'm so dissapointed... In myslef...

I'm getting back on the horse tomorrow for another try... I knew I sucked at this but now it's getting ridiculous lol *drops to the floor unconscious*
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Brighteyes1385 Fri May 21, 2010 2:22 pm

You can do this Phil! Just remember, you are in control, food is not! Took me a long time to realize this and you know you can do it! Smile Good luck today!

Brighteyes1385

Back to top Go down

Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Empty phil dont dispair!

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 21, 2010 3:37 pm

dude I totally understand the disappointment (read my blog the other day--- felt EXACTLY like you). Honestly this diet demands so much discipline that when it doesnt go according to plan we feel so bad about ourselves!! but we shouldnt!! Look at how far you have come, look at the weight that uve lost, and the progress that u've made towards portion control. More than that, you have learned to fight social pressure to eat when ur not supposed to (even if its only 80% of the time- its 80% more than we had before!) you are able to do this phil. just consider it a day where u had ur fun, and then get back to work. its okay, the weight will go away, just might take a WEE bit longer than originally planned, BUT before starting the diet, u were not losing any weight at all. SO YOU ARE IN FACT WINNING.

stay strong tiger, u can totally do this.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 21, 2010 10:49 pm

nawwwwwwwwww Tea! ur post was so inspiring Smile and beautiful!

Brighteyes thanks for the motivation as well!

I appreciate it soo much thanks guys... Today is the start of a new day there for another go at the diet... HERE I COME!

Everyday i fail is a day delayed to my goal.... I just want exams to be over so i don't stress eat lol! ... but if i don't do this while im stressed how will i ever learn to STOP eating emotionally! What a Face
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Fri May 21, 2010 10:57 pm

hey phil,

how was going back to the 5BD? Did you make it? I also made some really baaaad mistakes the last days (think: whole tub b&j icecream and that was basically just the appetizer Embarassed ) and also felt like it was ridiculous to say "ok... but NOW i am going to make it. Properly this time!!" (cause I probably said it 39483times before) ... but it is not. We can do this. and tea is right - as long as more steps are in the right direction and as long as we don't give up, we will make it.(Even though I don't plan to go just one single step back..everrrr again!!!Waah.)
Good luck to you!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 4:11 am

Wow it seams like everyone has had some low points over the past week. Lets stay strong everyone! Maybe the competition will help motivate everyone. Lets get back on the wagon! We can do it!
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed May 26, 2010 1:51 pm

i noticed that as well!! its so weird its like we're all on the same schedule haha Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Icon_razz we should all stay as strong as possible, and get back on it. dont get discouraged and just stick with it. Obviously this diet is not going to be 100% all the time, so we have to learn to not only stay strict while on the diet, but also strict when we kinnnda side step and get right back on course!!

we can do thiS!! (im reminded of finding nemo, where he's telling his dad he can help bring the net down to the sea floor and free all the trout)
- yes, total nerd. Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Icon_cyclops
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 28, 2010 1:09 pm

I'VE MISSED U ALL!!!!!

I've been away for a fair bit due to finals! It's so crazy I had to travel to another state to go to a different campus and blekkkhh!

I'm back now so I'm putting the fact the I've not been in the diet for the past two weeks behind me... And although I've probably gained the weight I had originaly lost back (too scared to check the scales) Im not going to worry too much about it and just think of this as a fresh start

I hope no one is toooo mad at me for being away for a while Wink

I'v actually felt guilty not reading the forums hehe I have sooo much catching up to do...

I have one more exam next week then I'm on break but I'm going to restart the diet tomorrow!

Hope u guys will keep supporting me Smile hehe
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri May 28, 2010 1:17 pm

SUPER MAD AT U PHIL!! Phil's Daily Journal... it could get ugly :p Icon_rolleyes jk jk
welcome back stranger! dont worry about the weight. seriously- just forget it and stick to the diet for a couple days after ur exams are thru. Then get on the scale and assess the damage. Cuz u have to weigh the equals- before when u were weighing ur body had lost water, and didnt have much food mass in it, and was in a different state. Now, uve eaten food, and u have been for a few days and ur condition is a little different. So take a few days, come back to the same point that u were in and then weigh- thats the only way to be fair to urself!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri May 28, 2010 1:20 pm

Tea you always know what to say to make someone feel gooder (new word I learnt lol Wink ) about stuff! Ur freakin amazin'!

Talk to u sooon Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Mon May 31, 2010 1:12 am

Been back on the diet for about 2 days now... weigh in day is tomorrow right? (eeeep)

had some pretty screwed up moments -.- (once again friggin nite eating)

BUT i think i am definatly eating less than i was!

YAY! i'm not too sure but i think i will count the past 2 days as semi-sucessful lol... I will post after weigh in...
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Mon May 31, 2010 3:26 am

good luckK!!!!! and remember, whatever the number comes out to be, its alright cuz ur on track again, and its on the way DOWN which is progress, and thats what the aim is!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Jun 01, 2010 1:42 am

In 2 days i lost about 6 lbs!!!

yesterday wasnt the best day because we went out to an all you can eat place... and although i ddin't eat anywhere as much as i normally do... i did eat a hec of a lot more then i should of!!

but oh well ill take the 6lbs loss from saturday - monday morning!!! this morning i had gained 2 lbs Sad but ill lose that be tomorrow hopefully so its all good Very Happy

Gotta kick it up a notch tho becase thos 2 days have NOT been strict at all.. it was a miracle in its self how i lost 4-6 lbs in a few days... lol

someone slap me intoo getting it right Razz
Phil
Phil
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 4 1, 2, 3, 4  Next