Clawing my way to a low BMI.

Go down

Clawing my way to a low BMI. Empty Clawing my way to a low BMI.

Post  BeeSGee on Thu Oct 03, 2019 11:12 am

Good Morning!

I’m making my way back to 5 bites after a long weekend off, put 4 pounds back on almost immediately with mindless eating habits that I’m determined to break. I realized that I can’t give myself a single inch to muck it up. I finally decided to get back to what I need to do and did some meal prep for all my meals last night. This week it’s bacon cheddar and mushroom pesto egg cups for lunch and chicken broccoli Alfredo for dinner, with 1 oz of spicy peanuts as a snack! Plenty of water coffee and tea to fill up on too.

“I am losing weight.”
“I only eat 5 bites”
“I am lowering my BMI”
“I will be a healthy BMI”

Committing to me and committing to 5 bites.

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Clawing my way to a low BMI. Empty Re: Clawing my way to a low BMI.

Post  BeeSGee on Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:09 pm

Hi All!

Been feeling a bit anxious about this weight loss. I'm down 6 pounds since last week Monday. I know I can lose more so I'm ready to finally stick to it and increase my pace! I will say that I'm so appreciative for this diet as I was in desperate need for a MAJOR overhaul in my eating habits and portion sizes.

I'll be updating ALL of my stats on here. Weight, bites, times of bites and anything else in between lol. I'm hoping that it will inspire anyone else seeking a forum that provides support, the way that this one did for me (even though its dead now). Looking at older posts have still been great to follow!

Start weight: 187.9 (10/1)
Current weight: 182.02 (10/7)
1st Goal Weight: 175
2nd Goal Weight: 165
3rd Goal Weight: 155
Ultimate Goal Weight: 130

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BeeSGee on Tue Oct 08, 2019 1:08 pm

No more daily weigh ins for me. As much as a loss on the scale is a surge of motivation, when the scale goes up it triggers a self sabotaging element in me. A little voice in my head saying "well you can't lose weight anyway, so just eat what you want". I'm not going to do that. I know that when mistakes are made, the next thing I should do is focus on the next BEST decision to make, not spiral into an eating frenzy for days and weeks. Something as simple as having a glass of water after a pig out, a 15 min walk, buying groceries for my meal plan. The faster I can recover from these instances, the better!

With that said, I did a weigh in this morning after overeating bites last night (up 3 lbs to 185) Did great during the day but BF ordered chinese take out for dinner. I quickly ate 8 bites of sesame chicken (should've savored them) and then paused. It was in that pause that I mentally decided to eat more, even though I wasn't hungry. Simply because it tasted good. Had a total of around 20-30 bites, not sure. Anyhow, I'm going to focus on my bites and my bites only. The weight will melt off without me obsessing over it daily. I've decided to do weigh ins on Fridays and Mondays. So I can really keep track of my bites during the week and give my separate attention to my bites during the weekend. I will continue to log bites here and in the check in section!

Having a nice breakfast of a steaming cup of jasmine green tea, happy counting everyone!

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BeeSGee on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:12 pm

Had a good day yesterday. STILL tailoring down my bites but I can sense my hunger stat resetting in the meantime and my pants are getting looser too! Just one day and I'm realizing how much anxiety I'm relieved of not getting on the scale this morning. FOCUS on your bites, FOCUS on your sense of hunger, FOCUS on your sleep, FOCUS on your water intake. The weight will melt away, I guarantee you. Don't be afraid to fast and eat small. The long term benefits outweigh the short term costs!

breakfast: jasmine green tea
lunch: 7 bites chicken alfredo
snack: Oscar Mayer P3 Protein Pack (turkey, almonds, colby jack cheese) - 180 cals
dinner: 10 bites sesame chicken
drink: Turmeric ginger tea w acv, 1/2 tsp honey and cinnamon

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BeeSGee on Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Overate last night like a mad woman! Mindless eating is what has pinballed my weight to shooting up and I'm realizing that my last few episodes of overeating were ALL done while sitting in front of a tv! Can you believe that? I'm sure you can. This is nothing new to anyone who has struggled with weight loss. The mindless bites are tantamount to a blackout in my opinion. Not only am I not counting my bites, but I'm completely unfocused, not savoring my bites, not enjoying them, just shoveling them down my gob until I finally feel "FULL". And herein lies the problem. 5 bites is not only a lesson in portion control but also controlled fasting. I should NEVER be eating until I'm "full". Eat slow, and eat until you are satisfied. It is truly a mental tug of war. Push away from the table when you still have some bites left, don't feel obligated to empty your plate. Your brain just wants to keep doing what it always has and that's eat until you can't anymore. STOP IT IN IT'S TRACKS. I am thankful that my binge ended as soon as I regained consciousness from my eating frenzy. I was still hankering for another few bites, but I paused and said out loud "I AM DONE EATING", had to say it thrice for good measure. And guess what, I was done eating. I'm thankful for that. Mindfulness, self control, and discipline are the keys to make 5 bite work. I KNOW IT. I'm just going to keep saying it, and execute it. It will get easier.

So what's the solution for the TV fueled binges? I'm not sure yet, maybe just hot tea to sip on when I catch up on my shows? Chew some gum? Pop in a sugar free lozenge to tide me over? Or chug water until my urge to eat dies down? I'll figure it out though.

So aside from this much needed reality check, I have some good news. I ordered Dr. Lewis' Book, "Why Weight Around?" yesterday!  I know that his basic guidelines are available on a number sites and forums such as these but I decided to seek out some of the tools and tips he may have to stick to the diet and to really reach a breakthrough in weight loss with his method. In case anyone is wondering, I ordered a used copy from Abebooks.com for just $3.50, compared to the $23 on Amazon for a copy. The estimated arrival date isn't until November 2nd (it's shipping from the UK), which is a ways away but I'm sure I'll have a significant loss by then and will still find some much needed gems in his book! Happy counting everyone.

Wednesday 10/9 Bites:

breakfast: 2 cups jasmine green tea
lunch: 6 bites chicken broccoli alfredo
snack: 1 serving spicy peanuts (170 cals)
dinner: 20 bites Jersey Mike's, Big Kahuna Chicken Cheesesteak, Mike's Way

Overeat: 2 bowls Froot Loops with Whole Milk, 2 White Castle Cheeseburgers, small handful White Cheddar Cheez-Its

P.S. I am leaving for California tomorrow for about 5 days for the Columbus Day Holiday to visit my youngest sister. I'll spend today thinking of a realistic plan I can follow for the long weekend that will keep me from episodes of mindless eating. All I've thought so far is to bring some prepackaged bags of nuts and cheese as snack options, and a few bags of tea so I have a zero calorie hot drink to sip on while there. I think I may do a 5-10 bites X 3 with one snack of nuts or cheese squeezed in. I want to stay between 15-30 bites a day.

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BeeSGee on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:13 pm

Back from Cali! I'll be upfront, I DID NOT count my bites. Our eating times were very irregular unfortunately. Anyhow, I decided not to weigh in until NEXT Friday just so I can trim off some of this bloat from Claifornia as soon as possible. Hankering to get back to my small bites and portion sizes, and feeling lighter on my feet with more pep in my step. In the meantime, I hope everyone is doing what they can to make this work for them! Don't be afraid to fast and eat small! I'll chime in with my bites throughout the week. Happy Counting!

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  BeeSGee on Wed Oct 23, 2019 1:40 pm

My copy of "Why Weight Around?" by Dr. Lewis has finally arrived! Feeling determined as ever, and making this plan work for me. I am doing ten bites for my two meals (lunch and dinner), with coffee and cream in the AM and a 100-200 calorie snack in the afternoon. It's been an adjustment to get back to counting after my trip to California but I am tailoring my bites the best way I know how. I've said this before but DONT BE AFRAID TO BE HUNGRY. So many of us are running to grab the next snack or meal at even the slightest sensation of hunger or even just a craving. Once you tell yourself enough that you can make it to the next meal, it's so empowering. Don't give in to your talking tummy and tell her to shut up! Anyhow, sharing what I've learned with you all on the internets has helped me stay sane and regain focus. I didn't journal my bites but I will today. I know there are some lurkers out there looking to this board for encouragement and inspiration so keep going!

BeeSGee

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum