5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Morgan Getting Skinny

4 posters

Go down

Morgan Getting Skinny Empty Morgan Getting Skinny

Post  Morgan Tue Jul 20, 2010 11:00 pm

Hey, everybody!

I registered and posted a while ago, but never really got started on the 5BD. I stupidly decided that it was unhealthy, unrealistic, etc., etc. Rolling Eyes

Since then I have tried several times to follow the Atkins diet. I can't do it. It may work. It may be healthy. But it just doesn't suit me.

I really do believe in following a healthy diet long term. But I also believe that for some people it's necessary to drop the extra weight first. Dr. Lewis convinced me of that.

So here I am. I have about sixty pounds to lose. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning, but I think I'm about 190. My goal weight is 130. I'm 5'7", so that's not unreasonable. It is a BMI of 20. I start tomorrow morning. My plan is to have a hardboiled egg for breakfast (protein!), a Snickers bar for lunch, and a Snickers bar for dinner. I will switch from Snickers to 5 bites of regular food after a week or so. I just feel like I need that structure to get me started.

Wish me luck guys!!!!!

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Morgan Getting Skinny Empty Re: Morgan Getting Skinny

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jul 21, 2010 3:35 am

Welcome to the forum! Watch out for atkins....that protein plan is a slippery slope.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Wed Jul 21, 2010 11:16 am

Well, I weighed myself this morning. 195.2! Shocked No wonder my jeans are so tight! It's a good thing I'm starting this now, before I end up over 200.

I read the book last night before I went to bed and discovered I made a mistake. You're not supposed to eat breakfast. I think that's probably important, so I won't be doing the hardboiled egg. I'm not sure how to get in a "bite of protein" without it if I'm only doing Snickers. I guess I'll only do the Snickers for a couple of days, just to get used to the amount. That's really the purpose of the snickers anyway, right? So this morning will be just black coffee. I think water would be better, but I'm used to coffee with breakfast and don't want to get a caffeine headache.

Thanks for the welcome, Jenny. Smile

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 21, 2010 12:45 pm

snickers has nuts. thats a protein.
on top of that, i dont know if getting in a bite of protein is all that essential, esp not for the first little while. I'd say first week eat whatever u want to, just as long as its 5 bites. eat a bite of chicken, eat a bite of cheese, doesnt matter, as long as it sticks to the 5 bites. my first week on this diet i just took a teaspoon into the fridge and used that as my guide. i had 5 spoonfuls of whatever looked yummy, then put the spoon away and that was it. I made some black tea if i felt a little out of control after that, and most days after about 5 minutes of being adamant about not diving back into the fridge the hunger would go away and i would be fine. Some people like to stick to meal bars (luna bar kinda things), or candy bars (snickers), cuz it helps with limiting the portion and they are great for on the go. But the sugar and chocolate wrecks my skin so i cant touch it!!!

hope that helps, and welcome to the forum!

Last edited by teaismyhappyplace on Wed Jul 21, 2010 5:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Wed Jul 21, 2010 1:05 pm

Thanks,Tea...that helps a lot. Guess I'll do the Snickers until I get tired of them and then go to five bites of anything. Just finished my breakfast of black coffee, now off to get some work done.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:55 am

191.2!

Wow. Four pounds. Not bad for one day. Okay...I must have been retaining a lot of water or something, because that's a lot for one day, but still... Very Happy

Yesterday I had black coffee for breakfast, a Snickers bar for lunch, and for dinner I had three bites of chicken and two bites of broccoli. And I drank a lot of water all day. I felt hungry at about noon and four pm, about an hour before lunch and dinner. I don't usually eat as early as 5 but I was really hungry. I also woke up at three am and as I was lying there waiting to go back to sleep I realized I was hungry and wondered how I'd make it till lunch. It's 7 now and I don't feel hungry anymore.

Okay...I need some coffee. (I had to post this before I did anything else!) Laughing

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jul 22, 2010 12:38 pm

yeaaaa i notice that all the time, ill go to bed and ill be hungry cuz my last 5 bites were like 5 hours ago. and then when i wake up, its like my stomach understood the new rules and adapted a little. It kinda gets used to it. Glad its getting easier.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Thu Jul 22, 2010 2:06 pm

It's 10 am and I'm hungry. I'm going to be strong and believe Dr. Lewis. He says after about three days you're not hungry anymore as long as you keep your meals the same size. Mad (That's me being determined, lol.)

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Fri Jul 23, 2010 1:48 pm

189.8! I probably shouldn't weigh myself every day, but it's so hard not to!

Yesterday -

Breakfast - black coffee
Lunch - Snickers bar and a multivitamin
Dinner - 4 bites of a gouda-stuffed hamburger, no bun and 1 bite of broccoli
Lots of water all day, decaf tea in the afternoon and around 9pm.

I was really hungry again at 4pm but for some reason the 5 bites at dinner was enough. I wish I could get my husband on this diet, because then I would only have to cook like once a week, lol.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sat Jul 24, 2010 1:54 pm

189.4! I keep saying I'm not going to weigh myself every morning, but I do it anyway. Maybe I'll be strong and skip tomorrow. Smile

Yesterday was black coffee for breakfast, and then I was out all day running errands. I didn't get a chance to eat until 3:45. I felt great all day. I was hungry around 11am, but it went away. I had my Snickers at 3:45, and then a five bite dinner at 7...same as yesterday's dinner.

I have to say, though, that it's now about 10am on day four and I'm pretty damned hungry. I was hoping for the promised appetite supression by now. I also feel a little tired and worn out today. If this continues I might consider adding a hardboiled egg for breakfast. I want to give it a chance, though, since I'm having good results.

Tomorrow is going to be tough. We're having friends over for a bbq. I doubt anyone will notice if I eat a five bite meal, but there will be a lot of tempting foods around. Let's hope the appetite suppression kicks in by then.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sat Jul 24, 2010 9:01 pm

OMG!! I just had a sudden explosion of diarrhea! I know this is VERY gross and way TMI, but it has to be from what I've been eating - or not eating. I've never experienced anything like this in my life. I felt no pain, discomfort or sickness at all. It just happened. Thank goodness I was home and could clean up, change clothes, and throw the soiled clothes in the washer.

I've had nothing to eat or drink other than what I posted here and I feel fine, so I doubt it's any kind of virus or food poisoning.

Maybe this diet's not such a good idea after all. Question

Edited to add: I've been googling and discovered that diarrhea is a side effect of very low calorie diets. Dr. Lewis might have thought to mention that in his book! From what I've read, it usually only happens in the beginning. I'm just wondering if I should continue as I've been doing or increase my calories somewhat.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:19 pm

I had toast and ginger ale last night because of my stomach problems and I gained a whole pound. I decided to stay on the diet because it's easy and I'm losing, and the site I read claimed that diarrhea was a problem only at the beginning. I'm going to add an egg for breakfast, though, and maybe a few more than five bites at lunch and dinner. I have a feeling Dr. Lewis made the number so extremely low to give people some wiggle room. The main thing I've gotten from being on this diet for a few days is the feeling of control. For the first time in my life I don't feel like I can't lose weight, or that I have to be a slave to a diet. I'm choosing to eat less and I'm losing weight. And it's really freeing not to have to worry about food and eating so much.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:04 pm

Hey, I'm back. I was afraid my stomach problem was because of the diet, and I went off it. I'm now back up to 195 and I really miss the feeling of freedom and control I had on the 5BD. So, here I am. Again. Very Happy

I'm not going to do five bites this time, but maybe more like seven or eight. I'm not sure. I just know that any small amount will bring about weightloss and be a major improvement over what I've been doing, which is alternately lowcarbing and then eating everything in sight. Embarassed

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Tue Sep 28, 2010 11:33 pm

Welcome Back!!!

It's like that with low calorie diets... not so pleasent detox periods in the beggining :p

It will pass though after about 2-3 days, which is good and your body gets accustomed to it!

There is a check in page that you should check out! basically 3jaysmom, Teaismyhappyplace and I are going to do 2 x 8 bites for the say week and then cut back to the 2x5 bites... we are all kind of finding it hard to get back into after a little "break" :p and the more people the better!

Good Luck and Keep Us Posted!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Morgan Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:02 am

Well, it took me a little longer than I thought, but I'm back. I start tomorrow morning. Thanks, Phil, for the welcom back.

Morgan

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down