Ruby's Daily Journal

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Ruby's Daily Journal

Post  rubywong on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:42 am

Hi 3jaysmom. Synergy Koombucha tea does not really taste like tea at all. More like a carbonated vinegary drink with some fruit flavors (depending on which flavor you choose). People either hate it or love it. I find that it cuts my cravings for sweets and food in general. You get a little "buzz" feeling from it because it contains a small amount of alcohol. I like the natural carbonation it has. Hope you get a chance to try it out.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Day Lost Count

Post  rubywong on Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:45 am

Lost count of how many days it has been already. All I know is that I am not any smaller. I really do not have any more excuses until October 25, 2010 so I should get cracking with the 5BD.

Bfast: None
Lunch: Cucumber Salad & Steamed Cauliflower (about 100 calories)
Dinner: TBD

Hunger, I welcome you. Thrash all you want. You ain't getting anything but TEA (w/ no sugar or milk)!

Dinner was a very yummy avocado & salad wrap. I used La Tortilla Factory high fiber tortilla (60 calories each), mashed up some avocado (25g = 40 calories), a handful of organic salad mix (5 calories), and sliced 1 small heirloom tomato (about 10 calories). It was very delicious and filling for 115 calories.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Another Day

Post  rubywong on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:37 am

Bfast: Salmon, Pasta & Steamed Cauliflower (about 200 calories)
Snack: Mini Biscotti & Pita Chips (about 440 calories)

Major slip up with the pita chips, but overall calories still good for today. Might have another avocado & salad wrap tonight.

Dinner ended up being a couple bites of white peach & the leftover salmon and steamed cauliflower I had leftover from my lunch plate.

Last edited by rubywong on Wed Sep 29, 2010 11:58 am; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed Sep 29, 2010 4:49 am

that actually sounds really yummy! I have this texture thing or something- i dont know avocados are delicious, but i can only have a few bites till i get nauseated... maybe its cuz its a little slimey and has a high fat content Rolling Eyes and hey if u wanted to really be a stickler for the bites- u could load that baby up with anything that u want, take 5 bites and chuck the rest. ull get ur satisfying taste and ull still be on budget. GOOD JOB!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Onward

Post  rubywong on Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:41 pm

Bfast: None
Lunch: Avocado, Salad & Egg White Wrap (about 130 calories)
Snack: Chai Tea w/ Almond Milk (about 30 calories), Mini Biscotti (about 43 calories) & Pita Chips (about 100 calories)

I added an extra egg white to my wrap for lunch today for a bit extra protein. It was delicious. A few hours later I made myself a chai tea with almond milk and enjoyed it with a mini biscotti. Then the pita chips I had from yesterday kept taunting me so I had a serving of that too. At least I stuck to one serving unlike yesterday. Eating smaller meals and snacks makes me savor and enjoy my food a lot more than I use to.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Day One on 5BD

Post  rubywong on Wed Jan 12, 2011 10:08 pm

Hi everyone. Wedding season is hitting me like a ton of bricks. I have 53 days to lose all the blubber for the first one. Nothing works as fast and effective for me as the 5BD because I get to see results immediately the next day on the scale (on good days). I just need to lose all this weight and get on with my life. I hate it when I have to panic and stress over events like weddings and family dinners.

Weighed in this morning and was 115.8 pounds. I need to be accountable for everything I put into my mouth. As much as I hate wasting food, I think in order for me to be successful on this diet is incorporating the act of actually throwing away my food after my 5 bites. I think there is something psychological of physically chucking the food that makes me feel liberated and not a slave to it.

Lunch: Ziti Bolognese w/ Sourdough bread (5 bites)
Snack: Pumpkin Spice Coffee w/ Almond Milk
Dinner: Dinner Engagement which I did well, but as soon as I came home, I snacked A LOT.

Last edited by rubywong on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Moving On...

Post  rubywong on Thu Jan 13, 2011 10:19 pm

Dinner late night was great and based around a salad and fish, but as soon as I came home, I kept on snacking and snacking until I was physically uncomfortable. My first day was a complete disaster. Only 52 days left to lose. *Cracks the whip*

Lunch: Sourdough Bread w/ Peanut Butter & Banana (about 200 calories)
Dinner: Jamba Juice Oatmeal w/ Banana Slices & Peanut Butter (230 calories)

For dinner I was really hungry so I took really big bites. There was leftover in my bowl and I did not scrap it into my mouth like I would normally do. Washed it down the drain. Yay! Off to do some retail therapy to get my mine off eating.

Last edited by rubywong on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:36 am; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lisa on Fri Jan 14, 2011 2:31 am

Ruby, I have been there. I don't understand why it happens, since a lot of the time I'm not even actually that hungry. The only advice I can give is to just jump back on for the next meal (which it looks like you did). I know that when I slip up, I often let it ruin the next few days, and then I realize that the initial falter wasn't the problem, it was the ensuing 4 days of nonstop snacking!!

Good luck, keep us posted!

Lisa

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Fri Jan 14, 2011 3:38 am

Lisa,
Thanks for the encouragement. Looking forward to drop some serious weight this time around.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 pm

I felt proud that I was able to stick to 5 bites for lunch and dinner for yesterday, but when night time rolled around, I was SUPER hungry with a restless feeling. I ended up eating 2 egg white (36 calories) plus 4 Kashi Crackers (32 calories). I chewed slowly while taking sips of water. It did the trick.

This morning I weighted myself and was 116.6 lbs. Gain of 0.80 lbs since Wednesday morning. Must be from all the snacking I did from that night. One bad day makes the scale jump up like crazy. What's done is done. Forging on...

Lunch: 1/2 Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin English Muffin w/ PB & Banana Slices (170 calories)
Dinner: Sushi Out (5 bites) & Red Bean Cake (2 bites)

I can always count on my Ezekiel Cinnamon Raisin English Muffins to keep me full for a long time, so I decided to eat that today. I took a REALLY big first bite and by the time I was on my 5th bite, it ended up being really small. I guess that balances out. Tonight, I am looking forward to eating a Butternut Squash Spa Lean Cuisine.

Meet up with a friend and she said she was hungry. I made up an excuse that I ate already to avoid eating with her. We up eating at a revolving sushi place so I was able to sneak by with 5 bites of sushi while she had 7 plates all to herself. Then we came across a stall that was selling fresh and hot mini red bean filled pancakes -- think ebleskivers. She bought a bag and I had one.

Last edited by rubywong on Sat Jan 15, 2011 8:43 am; edited 1 time in total
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Sat Jan 15, 2011 2:52 am

The weight gain was probably just salt from going out. I have a few freinds that went to culinary school, and they all pretty much said that when cooking for a restaraunt, it means adding tons of salt, more than you would ever cook with at home. I've noticed that when I go out, even if I stick closely to five bites, it always shows as a gain for a few days, but comes off super easy. But remember, we're only going to weigh once a week, right!?!?!?

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Sun Jan 16, 2011 10:59 am

I had one meal today, but it was not 5 bites. Whole Wheat Chicken Pita Wrap and some Fried Potatoes appetizers. Had about 2/3 of the pita, but I finished all the chicken inside. Also had an 6 ounce non fat cappuccino. That was all I had today. It was a late lunch, early dinner type of meal. No breakfast. No Dinner. No Snacks.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:30 pm

Sunday was a mish mash of things, but all under around 850 calories for the whole day. Foods included a spinach tomato salad with a poached egg. Stacy's pita chips. 1/2 Grapefruit. Wasabi peas. A few Kashi crackers.

For today's eats:

Lunch: French Toast w/ PB & 1/2 Banana (about 210 calories/ 5 bites)
Snack: La Croix (sparkling water -- no calories)
Dinner: Will update

Huge thanks to 3jaysmom for posting some insights from Dr. Lewis' book. I realized that I should only be weighing myself once a week for optimal weightloss on the 5BD. I'll be doing just that.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Thu Jan 20, 2011 8:00 pm

I'm working on trying to cut down on my scale obssession, its a hard one to shake! It's been about 3 or 4 days. 3 more to go! Looking forward to see your weekly success!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty New Start for Spring

Post  rubywong on Thu Apr 07, 2011 1:38 am

Starting up again. Bought some cute Spring clothes that fit a tad too snug. My goal is to try them on everyday to give myself motivation to stick with the 5BD. I can't believed that I have not weighted myself since end of Feb. 2011. I was really scared that it jumped up like crazy since I haven't been the best with my diet and gym sessions. Actually, I think i do well with meals, but I tend to binge 1-2 days out of the week and that negates all my hard work.

This morning I weighted in at 118.4 lbs. Will officially start tomorrow because I already ate more than 10 bites for the day.

Lunch: Shrimp & Egg Spinach w/ Broccoli Slaw salad. (about 310 calories)
Snack: Pita Chips (150 calories), 1/2 Mini Scone (150 calories) & Coffee w/ Almond Milk (30 calories)

Obviously I am over my bite allowance, but still in the good calories range.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:22 am

Welcome back Rubywong
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Apr 07, 2011 2:52 am

Heyy Ruby!! guess we're both back here. haha

i do the exact same thing... the binging has to STOP!
alright april just started, lets say binge free till may.... if u want we can support each other and do a diet buddy thing.
the binging really destroyes all the hard work of the rest of the week and we will both lose so much more weight.
let me know if u want to do it, and if u feel the urge to binge come right back here and u write something, i will try to be there to stop yoU!

remember when binging-
gum, cold water, brush your teeth, drink coffee/tea
hang tough.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:53 am

thank you for your welcome backs!

Tea,
Great idea! Whenever I feel like binging, I will come post. Thank you for your overwhelming support!
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  starbucks addict on Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:41 pm

hi ruby good luck for your restart!!!!

not sure if this will help but I learnt a little trick off a 'mindful eating' iphone app. if you are really craving a snack, (or in general its good to use for all meals of the day) then you tell yourself that you can have it but only if you sit down at the dinner table and eat it on a plate with knife and fork with no distractions (tv, reading etc). so this makes me end up not snacking cause I'm too lazy to actually go and spend time at the dinner table and eat it properly. and also think to yourself - if it is worth eating, then it is worth eating when sitting at the table and paying full attention to it, otherwise i am not eating it for the right reasons.
starbucks addict
starbucks addict

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong on Thu Apr 07, 2011 10:02 pm

Sbux,
Thanks for all the tip. I will try that next time I want to eat. I always try to eat from a proper plate or bowl when I am eating because it feel more like "meal time" to me. Even for snack, I pour it out. My downfall is the bag-to-mouth motion so I am try to avoid that.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Ruby's Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Spring 2011

Post  rubywong on Fri Apr 08, 2011 10:07 pm

This morning I weighted the same. 120.4 lbs.

Bfast: Coffee with Almond Milk (about 40 calories)
Lunch: Spinach w/ Broccoli Slaw & Shredded Chicken Salad (about 120 calories)

My salad bowl was about 10 forkfuls. I know it was more than 5 bites, but I like to feed my body nutritious food so I don't mind the extra bites just as long as it is low in calories. I noticed that raw veggies keep my stomach satiated as long as I don't eat something carby or sugary with it or soon after it.

Planning to eat my other 1/2 of my salad later for dinner.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue Apr 12, 2011 3:01 pm

great job, i hope ur weekend was just as strong!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:39 am

Hey RubyWong,

Welcome back! I know that you can do this. We will all take this journey together. Binging is a problem that we all deal with. We can support each other through it.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum