5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

+16
misunderstood
spryng
Lisa
starbucks addict
IWillSucceed95
Readyforchange
16Again
renu712000
insanity
Dmac
2bthinagain
teaismyhappyplace
3jaysmom
rubywong
Phil
Lyra
20 posters

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal Empty Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:33 am

I followed this diet since Sept 7, 2010. Today I am on Day 8.

My stats :
Height 5 ft 7
Current Weight 140 lbs (day Cool

Goal : 120 lbs!
Ultimate Goal : 110 lbs!

Here's my recap from Day 1-8.

Day 1 weight 150 lbs
Day 8 weight 140 lbs

Foods I eat :

BF -
L 5 bites of rice & vegs
D 5 bites of rice, veg & meat/chicken

So far I lost 10 lbs in 8 days. However, on Day 8 I experience stuck/plateau. My weight won't budge it has been 3 days Sad

Last edited by Lyra on Thu Apr 07, 2011 5:28 am; edited 2 times in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal Empty Re: Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:50 am

It's been 3 days and my scale keep saying 140 lbs Sad
I'm so upset. Is it because of the Coke Zero I drink? I omit that today.
I wasn't taking Coke Zero when I begun the diet on Day 1-4. I took it on Day 4.
I notice rapid weight loss on Day 1-4. Day 4 onwards it's like 1 lbs per day. Now..it's been 3 days and I'm still at 140,while I follow the diet to the T.

Im trying calorie shifting today and add BF. We'll see how it goes..

My intake today (to rev up my metabolism) :

BF : 5 bites noodle & egg
L : 5 bites rice & chicken & veg
D : 5 bites rice, chicken & veg

I also take Herbal tea (green tea) to rev up my metabolism..hope that helps. No Coke Zero today!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal Empty coke zero..

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:52 am

sometimes i get sick of drinking all this water and crave something sweet..that's where the Coke Zero helps. I usually drink a chilled small cup per day and take sips just to have some sweet.
I guess it might sabotage my weight loss.. Sad Today I omit the Coke Zero..hope I can lose!

bounce

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Wed Sep 15, 2010 2:56 pm

Welcome to the forum Lyra Smile i really don't think the coke zero would have an effect on your weightless... Have you been dieting or lost a lot of weight recently?? If so maybe that's why you haven't lost?? Alsoaybe try adding light exercise like half an hour walk?? Goodluck and keep us upto date Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Thu Sep 16, 2010 12:25 pm

Phil wrote:Welcome to the forum Lyra Smile i really don't think the coke zero would have an effect on your weightless... Have you been dieting or lost a lot of weight recently?? If so maybe that's why you haven't lost?? Alsoaybe try adding light exercise like half an hour walk?? Goodluck and keep us upto date Smile
I lost 10 lbs in 6 days so far...and stalled at 140 lbs. Yesterday I tried calorie shifting and adding breakfast. Thanks for checking in on me, Phil Smile

Day 9 Update

BF : -
L : 5 bites chicken & rice
D : 5 bites rice, vegetables & chicken

Drinks : water & herbal tea (no sugar)

Weight : 139,5 lbs in the morning. Late afternoon 140 lbs Sad

Hopefully I reach 139 lbs tomorrow. Wish me luck!
Note : I feel so sleepy and sluggish today silent Sleep

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Thu Sep 16, 2010 11:19 pm

Hearing about your 10 lbs loss already in such a short amount of time made me want to jump right back into the 5BD.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Sep 17, 2010 5:21 am

Thanks rubywong! It's never too late to get back on 5BD. However, I'm experiencing a setback now.

But..after that my weight got stuck at 140 lbs for 3 days already.
Yesterday it was 139,5 lbs and today I weigh at 140 lbs again. Sigh Sad

Today is DAY OFF -- I need a break from this diet for one day-- I eat normal, but still watch my bites..

B - 3 bites of muesli bar
L - 6 bites of rice & vegetables
S -
D -

Drinks : Water, Herbal Green Tea (without sugar)..

Today I'm going on a weekend break with my SO and will be back home tomorrow afternoon.
I will buy SoyJoy bars for 2 weeks and consume that only. I want to get close to what Dr Lewis intended with the Snickers bars.

I don't really like Snickers so I choose Soyjoy bars in Mango Coconut flavor & Raisin Nut. I will only consume 2 of that per day for the next 2 weeks. Starting Saturday or Sunday. I have a deadline on first week of October! Shocked affraid

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Sep 17, 2010 11:09 pm

Larabars are great, too. I did those for a few days awhile back. I felt like it was a combo diet....scince they only have cherries, figs, and almonds- It was like being on a raw diet, too- kind of like a detox. I should do that again to get rid of all the bad crap in my body from the snickers,lol

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal Empty Start again on Monday

Post  Lyra Sun Sep 19, 2010 10:14 am

Thanks for the suggestion 3jaysmom! Smile

Anyways today is another DAY OFF from diet. Will start again tomorrow. I was feeling awful due to an impacted tooth. I am scheduling a tooth surgery and hopefully this Wednesday it will be done. I have been experiencing dizziness due to my tooth also migraines.

Have to do the surgery quick and be done with it, to move on with my life. After surgery I will only consume small 2 pots of baby food per day (5 bites) twice a day for two weeks. Still doing 5 bite but with baby food lol Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Sun Sep 19, 2010 12:48 pm

That's dedication right there!
feel better! make sure that u have nutrition to heal... thats more important that weight loss which u can always pick up back again in a few days.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:05 am

teaismyhappyplace wrote:That's dedication right there!
feel better! make sure that u have nutrition to heal... thats more important that weight loss which u can always pick up back again in a few days.

Hi Tea..thanks for the support..I appreciate it so much Smile
I was down with fever and chills due to my impacted tooth. I'm doing 3 x 5 bites per day currently since I have to take antibiotics daily clown

My surgery schedule will be on Saturday Sept 25 or Monday, Sept 27. Wish me luck! After I'm done with surgery I'm doing liquid diet / soft foods 3x5 bites per day.
I want to maintain the 140 lbs. After I'm completely healed, back to 2 x 5 bites.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:47 pm

I just return from dentist..had chills & fever this afternoon but now..I feel much better Smile no fever, no burning eyes..I feel great. Perhaps because I took antibiotics today..and the effect is starting to show Smile Good then. It was awful before.
I got an uplifting phone call that really does give tremendous effect Smile

Before, I was so scared of surgery because of my feverish condition. But now..I feel I'm more ready. I hope so. Let's get it done with it so I can go back to the 5 BD Smile I will be subsisting on liquids for 1 week after surgery, I think.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  rubywong Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:49 pm

Glad you are feeling better now.
rubywong
rubywong

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Sep 22, 2010 11:43 pm

sounds like u had a slight infection.. and ur right, the antibiotics probably got that fever under control by killing off some of the bacteria. The human mouth has some of the most dangerous bacteria which is the reason why oral surgery is such a hassle. Keep healthy!!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:52 am

rubywong wrote:Glad you are feeling better now.
I was down to fever and infection (dental) and had to undergo antibiotic treatments before I continue with my surgery. Please send positive energies & prayers my way..because I'm quite nervous as the dental position is near my sinus Sad I'm trying so hard to be strong. Must be strong!

Thanks Ruby for dropping by I love you
I'm taking meds now, they made me feel somewhat better.

My intake today : Sept 27, 2010 Monday

B : 2 bite brownies & 5 bite fried rice
L : 5 bite rice + vegs
D : (coming soon)

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Sep 27, 2010 5:58 am

teaismyhappyplace wrote:sounds like u had a slight infection.. and ur right, the antibiotics probably got that fever under control by killing off some of the bacteria. The human mouth has some of the most dangerous bacteria which is the reason why oral surgery is such a hassle. Keep healthy!!!

Yes, tea..thank you so much for your caring message. It really help me feel better Smile
I was down with fever and chills Sad for a couple of days until I get prescription meds again from my dentist.
I had to take meds 3 times per day. Anti biotic and anti inflammation meds. They help tremendously.
I also did a panoramic x-ray pic taken on Thursday 23 Sept. The tooth is nearby my sinus.

Please send me healing & positive energies also prayers. Honestly I'm nervous with the surgery Sad No
I'm trying so hard to be strong. My BF told me to have a nice dinner and enjoy some good seafood tonight, because after surgery I will have to resort to liquid diet for 1-2 weeks. LOL. I will lost weight for sure cyclops

Grrr Im trying to cheer myself up. So happy to have this forum. I can't wait to be completely healed and get back to the 2x 5 bite diet again!
Now Im doing 5-7 bites, 3x per day.

I think my stomach get used to not feeling full. When I stuff myself, I feel nauseous. That's why, maximum is 7 bites. LOL.

Updates

Just get back from seafood dinner with BF. It was amazing. It's been long time since we ate there. I took 10 bites of the grilled fish, rice, grilled shrimp, yum..yum! The vegetables were also fresh and tasty.I was so happy. Although I am not used to eating that much, but I am so happy it was a good plan of him to take me there.

Counting : 2 more days to the tooth surgery Sad

We drop by at the grocery store and I bought some babyfood (fruit puree) and juice, also pudding to consume after the surgery. I have to substitute on soft foods and liquids for 1-2 weeks until the stitches are completely dissolved.

I'm anxious about the whole thing. Wish me the best of luck.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Sep 27, 2010 8:05 pm

Good luck with the surgery!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Oct 01, 2010 4:48 am

3jaysmom wrote:Good luck with the surgery!

Thanks! The surgery was on Sept 29, Wednesday. It was a challenge. I'm glad it went well and BF was there to accompany me. Yesterday I didn't get out of bed, was spending time in bed mostly and didn't went online at all. I manage to eat soft foods that doesn't require chewing.Yesterday my appetite was normal.

Today, I had very little appetite. The only thing that made me happy is guava juice and chocolate pudding Neutral
I was craving ramen noodles so bad yesterday but couldn't chew them so I put them in a blender. Yuck. It looks non-appetizing, but the taste is what I'm after.

Today I crave noodles again.. should I put them in blender again? ugh..the thought of it.. silent
My chipmunk cheeks are a little decreasing today. I mostly substitute on baby food but easily get bored on that because of the bland taste. Can't wait to get healed so I can go back to 5BD again..!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Oct 01, 2010 6:20 am

No appetite on Day 2 after Dental Surgery.

B - banana baby food
L - avocado puree & vegetable porridge

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Fri Oct 01, 2010 2:46 pm

feel better Lyra!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:33 pm

Thanks Tea..it's day 4 of my surgery recovery and my stitches started to feel itchy, swelling still 10% and pain still 10-15 %.

B - 5 bites of oatmeal & milk
L - 5 bites of babyfood
D - 7 bites of soft rice & chicken

I'm still taking antibiotics now..and on top of it..I'm having my period, day 1.
It's quite painful with cramps when it first came out today. But in the late afternoon, the pain is getting less and less and goes away.

Tomorrow I want to do a bit of grocery and want to buy some eggs and angel hair pasta. I miss angel hair pasta...
It's getting late now past dinner and I'm craving for something warm to drink..i'll make a cup of warm protein drink.

Quite surprising to have an appetite since I was mostly nauseous all day due to my period. Suspect

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:09 pm

Day 5 of surgery recovery + portion control

B- 7 bites oatmeal porridge
L- 7 bites soft rice & soup
S- 4 bites small soft brownie (yum)
D -7 bites soft tofu & soup

I'm still taking meds, anti biotics & anti inflammation meds 3 times per day. Tomorrow the anti biotics are done (finished) and I'm left with the anti inflammation meds. On Oct 9 (sat) I will visit the dentist to take out the stitches Sad I wish they used collagen stitches so don't have to take them out.

Anyways..my mood is okay. I am on my period day 2. I have been craving sweets today. Yesterday I have basically very low appetite. Today my appetite is increasing.

I notice less swelling on my face, only 5 % left! Smile great. And less bloating as well. I keep rinsing my mouth with saline. Let's hope for a speedy recovery so I can go back on 5BD Smile can't wait to lose the weight.

I bought appetite suppressant herbals today to help aid me with my diet because I have an event coming up in the second week of October and need to look good for that.

I notice that I am also quite moody today like to pick fights with boyfriend..

cherry pale

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sun Oct 10, 2010 4:24 am

I was away for a weekend trip and I'm glad to say that I already finish my antibiotic meds Smile Now it's time to get on the 5BD again.

Yesterday I was at the doctor and got my stitches out Smile I'm free of stitches now yay! Laughing
Doctor told me healing time maximum is until end of month. I am advised to still eat soft food, no chips, no hard chewy stuff because my gums and muscle are still somewhat sore they need to heal.

But I am glad that I can get back to 5BD again. Yay!
One thing that made me smile also was when i weigh myself this morning..I am still at 140 lbs! My weight is stable I don't gain even when I ate 3 meals per day varying from 5-8 bites per meal! What a relief!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Thu Oct 14, 2010 5:42 am

Update Dental

I had my stitches removed already, it was 4 days ago. And also off antibiotics. Now I am free to embark the 5BD again and I have an event coming up on Oct 25! I need to look good.

Today is 5BD Day 1

My weight is stable at 140 lbs. I'm so glad it stays there!

i also read a lot about Apple Cider Vinegar and decide to incorporate ACV in my 5BD. I splash 1 tbsp into a 16 ounce glass and sip it throughout the day.

Here's my intake today--Day 1--
(yay! back again on 5BD!)

B -
L : 5 bites fried rice & vegs
D : 6 bites of fried rice (so hungry!)

I have headaches all day & keep drinking lots of water. If I keep myself in maintainance mode, when will I lose the weight? That's the thought I push in my head whenever I feel like cheating.

I keep thinking about all the tasty foods all day..about brownies, corn pudding...OMG! About seafood noodles.! Evil or Very Mad
I tried to keep myself busy maybe looking at fashion magazines or celebrity magazines will help because everyone is so fashionable and slender. I have a date coming on Sat and I want to look good for him. So I think that should be motivating me.

Sometimes I think..how could I let myself get like this? How could I let myself gain weight? Food tasted so good, it still is! My target weight is 120 lbs. Mini target is 130 lbs. Once I hit 130 lbs, I can go to maintainance mode eating 5BD 3x per day and lose the weight slower until I reach 120 and ultimately 115 lbs. Most ultimate goal is 110 lbs.

So now, I better focus on my small target 130 lbs. Losing 10 lbs from my current weight 140 lbs. I can do it. It's tough but I have to do it. At least it's my safe zone. My clothes will look much better at 130 lbs. Confidence also much better. I weigh 115 lbs 2 years ago and let myself go.

Finally Found My Weight Maintainance Key

I'm upset I didn't know about the 5BD earlier. When I was 115 I could've stick to 5BD 3 times per day and slowly lose it at leas keep it in 110 zone. Even with 7-8 bites 3 times per day I know I would still be in 110. Well, now I know the key. I tested it and it's true. During my dental medication I eat 7-8 bites 3times per day and didn't gain weight at all. My weight is stable at 140 lbs. I think I found my maintainance key.

Last edited by Lyra on Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:08 am; edited 1 time in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:06 am

I cheated today. Well it started with the bananas. I discovered that I still have some bananas I bought for breakfast and there are 3 left, they started to get brownish. Today I have a banana for breakfast. Meanwhile, I had 6 bites of lunch and also had a date fruit snack and small chocolate. Oh well. Also a glass of fruit salad with yoghurt. There you go..and dinner is 6 bites of rice, chicken and vegetables.

I was thinking about food all day. I still take the ACV today. Tomorrow is the weekend and I have a date. Rolling Eyes Oh well, need to be more disciplined next time. The headaches of 5BD are really an obstacle for me.

Recap today (Day 2--Cheating a bit-)

B - a banana
L - 6 bites rice , tofu & vegetables
S - one date fruit & small chocolate truffle, one cup of fruits & yoghurt
D - 6 bites of rice,k chicken & vegetables

Suspect Let's keep going. I still have to finish the banana in the next two days..LOL. I try to keep it 5-6 bites tomorrow no snacks.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 7 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next