5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

+16
misunderstood
spryng
Lisa
starbucks addict
IWillSucceed95
Readyforchange
16Again
renu712000
insanity
Dmac
2bthinagain
teaismyhappyplace
3jaysmom
rubywong
Phil
Lyra
20 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty 5BD 3 times Per Day

Post  Lyra Mon Oct 18, 2010 1:46 pm

I can't stand the head aches I get from 5BD. So, during the weekend I incorporate 5 bites X 3 per day.

I weighed myself today and wow..! I lost 2 lbs!

Current weight is 138 lbs! Smile

B - 5 bite egg
L - 5 bite fish & rice
D - 5 bite chicken & rice & veg

I almost can't believe it! I also drink one tall glass of water with Apple Cider Vinegar and sip it all day. Gotta keep going! I can't wait to reach my mini goal : 130 lbs! Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Re: Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal

Post  Lyra Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:48 am

Sorry I was busy lately..just drop by for quick check in
My weight is 137 lbs now I keep up withe 5 bites 3x / per day and I also drink Apple Cider Vinegar to help with my digestion

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Tue Nov 16, 2010 7:04 am

I've been away on holiday and now I have my period..I eat a bit more HUGE appetite Sad
My weight is still 137-138 lbs and i am doing 3x5 bites per day

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Back on Strict 5BD

Post  Lyra Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:17 am

Today I decide to begin on strict 5BD. I want to lose 10-15 lbs for christmas and new year celebration.

CW : 136 lbs

Intake :

B : -
L : 5 bites rice,vegs & egg
D :

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Nov 30, 2010 2:28 am

Hi Lyra!
I took a month or so off, and everyone's gone! We seem to be taken over by spammers. That being said, I'm checking in with my journal again, so keep posting, we seem to be the only ones here for support!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:03 am

Yes 3 jaysmom! I notice the spammers too. Let's keep going. Perhaps Phil (the moderator) can erase the spams LOL.

My weight Update :
I'm currently 132 lbs. It's 2 lbs away from my First Goal weight 130 lbs. However my ultimate goal is 110 lbs. I plan to do 5 bites 3x/day once I hit 130 lbs. But seems today I fell off the wagon because my body is feeling so awful

Here's some updates..a bit scary LOL

I was doing this strict restricting only eating 4 bites on lunch and dinner and keep decreasing my bites because I still want to lose another 10 lbs and another 10 lbs. Anyways I have been doing it for a week without any problem only the usual weakness, lethargy & slight headaches.

I never eat breakfast. So today, I wake up with a huge feeling of dizziness and I barely can get myself in the bathroom, but I push myself. Suddenly I feel myself out of breath and my hands becoming sore and I feel so warm all over I ran to the bedroom and drink one glass of electrolytes and one glass of apple cider vinegar mixed with water (because high in potassium).

I was still reluctant to eat but the dizzy spells are causing me to become very scared and out of breath I took a small Snicker bar and have a bite. Then I walk to the kitchen..dragging myself I feel spinning. It was so scary. I fix a quick meal heating some leftovers in the fridge and took 7 bites of the food and after that fix myself some hot tea with a teaspoon of sugar for extra energy.

I have some work to do today and this weekend plan to go out of town with my family. I don't know if I can do it, I don't know if I have the energy for it. I want to keep my diet and restriction. It seems that today my body is badly telling me that she needs food. Yes I feel bad for blewing my diet today but I am so scared. I realize I have to eat..to keep myself alive. Anyone ever experience this before?

I blew my 5 BD

Today's intake :

B -
L 7 bites rice + noodle leftover+meat + egg
1 cup hot tea with sugar + 1 bite small snicker
D[u]

Last edited by Lyra on Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:27 am; edited 1 time in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:05 am

I read on Kayla's thread she said better to take the vitamins with food. Perhaps this is the cause of my dizzy spell? Taking the multivitamin with an empty stomach? I will do a different approach tomorrow and take it with food.

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty After Long Weekend Now Back on the Wagon

Post  Lyra Mon Dec 13, 2010 11:51 am

Just spend a long weekend away at the mountains it was so cold and my sinus is acting up there. I did enjoy some delicious meals and the diet went out the door. LOL. During strict 5BD I never take milk & sugar. So when I was at my holiday and eating some milk based dessert, my sinus is getting bad because of dry cold weather and also the lactose.

I even get some headaches and trouble breathing. I am back in town now and was taking Apple Cider Vinegar again for my sinus. I weighed and gain 1 lbs. 3 days of eating what I want and no diet..and I gain 1 lbs.

Today I am back on the wagon again because the End Year Holidays are here and I want to look good for New Year & Xmas. I also have an event coming up in January and have to look great for that.

CW : 133 lbs

Today's Intake :

B : steamed cake 6 bites
L : 7 bites rice + vegs + beef
S : 10 bites cake (arrrgghhh)
D : 7 bites rice + vegs + hash brown + sausage[u]

Tomorrow I am doing 3X5 bites/day and no snacking, also zero calorie drinks. Let's look great for New Year!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Dec 13, 2010 7:48 pm

That's strange, I didn't see the reply I sent to you... A little late, but I hope you are feeling better, being dizzy and faint is a scary feeling, I've been there before. I hope everything else is going well! I think taking the multi with food will definitely help

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Tue Dec 14, 2010 10:22 am

3 jaysmom,
Thanks for the advice. I better take the multivitamin with food because it's easier on my stomach. I fell off the wagon and I admit it's harder to go back. But I'm trying my best. Today I am still distracted by the steamed cake LOL and had some bites (extra bites)

B- 2 bite steamed cake + 5 bite egg + rice
L- 10 bites rice + veg
S - 2 bites steamed cake
D - 5 bites rice + veg + beef

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Dec 14, 2010 6:50 pm

You will definitiely lose weight, even if you arent doing it "perfect" I think your're doing great, who can be perfect all the time? I've lost most of my weight from doing the diet very liberally, I think I've only done "perfect" 5 bite 2 times a day for a few weeks in the beginning, and probably only have done it 1-2 times a week scince then to maintain the loss. I'm hoping i can get 5 days perfect, and kickstart a real loss. I would LOVE to start losing again!!

We can do this! Very Happy

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:28 am

3jays mom,
Thanks for dropping by. My sinus is acting up again and my tooth is hurting. I don't know what's wrong but need to get it checked. The pain is ..unbearable.

I hope I can still lose with the "mild" version of this diet. Yes we can do it!

Today intake:

B : 2 bite steam cake + 5 bite noodles + beef
L : 10 bite grilled chicken + rice
S :
D:

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Dec 15, 2010 7:18 pm

I hope you feel better! I get sinus infections all the time. pale I have to take a daily nasal steroid now, but it has stopped the constant pain.

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 18, 2010 3:03 am

3jaysmom
Thanks for dropping by! The problem is tooth, not sinus. But it's affecting my sinus. I might have a root canal appointment tonight Smile wish me luck. I have been taking anti inflammation meds & pain killers & I feel so much better Smile

You are correct. Even if I did the "flexible" version of 5BD and occasionally have extra bites, but I'm still dropping weight. Yesterday I had 3 X 5bites and snacked on steamed cakes. Today I weigh and I am 132 lbs ! Smile yay! 2 more lbs to my first goal..130 lbs! At least on Christmas New Year I can look nice wearing nice stuff & my old clothes will fit again.

My ultimate goal is 110 lbs so it's 20 more! Razz Let's do this together!
Today I have a long day so it's 3 x 5 bites.

B: 2 bite steamed cake + 5 bites rice + beef
L:5 bite rice + noodles + beef
S: 2 bite steamed cake
D:5 bite noodles +seafood

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:25 am

I am 2 lbs away from my goal

It's exciting Smile to know that my clothes fit again bounce
To know that with this 5BD I can get back on the wagon as soon after I fall off
To know that albeit indulging on my last weekend trip, I gain 1 lbs Smile
To know that I feel full comfortably..not like before 5BD when I eat until I am so full
To know that I don't spend money on ridiculous pills, expensive equipments

I am grateful for this diet. The portion control become my way of life. Smile sunny
Happy holidays everyone.. santa let's keep portion control during this festive season. We can do it!!

Today..I did closet fitting. It's nice to fit in my old clothes and look good in it LOL. What a feeling. The sacrifices I did on this diet..paid off Smile
Too bad..he is not around to see the new me Smile well it's not my loss anyways scratch
I am 2 lbs away from my goal. It feels so good. I will be 130 lbs soon. And will be 110 lbs after new year. Just keep going.

Im ready to become a new person. I'm not doing this for him. But for myself. He was only a catalyst. His presence did make me realize I was stuck in depression for too long and emotional eating. I am ready to break free & embark a new adventure Smile

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Mon Dec 20, 2010 2:13 am

I dont know your whole story about "him", but it was his loss. Isnt it funny how sometimes you have to lose something to gain something? You had to lose him to get healthy. Possibly, with him around, you were to focused on his needs instead of your own, so now its time to focus on yourself. 2 pounds to first goal is AMAZING!!!! You have such determination, you will be done with this in no time! cheers cheers Yay you!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Breakthrough

Post  Lyra Tue Dec 21, 2010 4:34 am

3jaysmom, thanks for dropping by! Yes I do wonder about him sometimes. He's not around anymore. He doesn't see my transformation LOL. It's not my loss I guess.

Anyways..DRUMROLL please..

Today I reach my goal! 130 lbs! Yay!! Finally! cheers

In spite of personal problems, in spite of daily activities, focusing on things and work..but..I keep going. In spite of occasional cheats, I keep going back on the wagon.
Last time I weigh 130 lbs was early 2009. Wow.

My ultimate goal is 110 lbs. And I will keep going. Hugs to you 3jaysmom, we can do it!
This morning I spend time hanging at my closet fitting clothes and was so happy to be able to wear the stuff I wore back in new year 2009. bounce I love you
Im so happy for this diet and this forum and the support. Can't wait to be 110 lbs and embark 2011 with a new body.. cheers

Happy Holidays santa and remember to keep the bites 5-7. We can do it! drunken

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Tue Dec 21, 2010 7:51 pm

I am so proud of you!!! Happy Holidays santa rendeer cherry king sunny bom flower affraid Basketball My son is sitting next to me, and making me put all of these crazy smiles on here. He's very happy I mentioned him, lol cyclops clown tongue

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  2bthinagain Wed Dec 22, 2010 1:35 am

ok, lol on the smilies!! ;P and congrats n the goal!! Very Happy soooo inspiring/exciting!
2bthinagain
2bthinagain

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 24, 2010 12:58 am

3jasmom & 2bethin again
thanks for dropping by! hugs to you both! tonight i have a xmas dinner and i will keep it 7-8 bites. two days ago i had late supper (after dinner) because a friend is in town and we shared a warm bread butter pudding for dessert i had 5 bites of the pudding. It was so good.

Yesterday I was back on the wagon again but not so strict.
Today I diet again because I don't want to gain and ruin the hardwork, i feel like i gain 1 lbs because of the pudding & cream sauce...aarrgghh. But at night I will do 7-8 bites.

The 5BD does make me sluggish & sleepy all the time. Yesterday intake
B -
L - 5 bites noodles + beef
D - 8 bites rice + furikake (japanese sprinkles)

Today is just beginning. Will keep lunch at 5 bites so can have 7 bites-8 bites for xmas dinner.

Merry Christmas everyone santa & Happy Holidays keep it maximum 7-8 bites! We can do it! bounce

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Dr.Lewis Quotes from Twitter

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:12 am

I post some Dr.Lewis quotes I took from his Twitter page http://www.twitter.com/fivebitediet
Some of the quotes are very powerful & very motivating to me. I will post here to remind me of my goals and look at it when I update my intake so I feel motivated.

The quotes :

Weight loss, amongst its MANY other benefits, makes your skin LOOK younger. Honestly now, can you name even 1 benefit of keeping the fat?

It happens time and time again. After you've eaten those extra bites, you realize that they weren't even close to worth it. Don't do it!

# It feels good to be unique. And when you combine uniqueness with healthiness, there is no equal. Becoming thin is so worth it! 8:45 PM Nov 1st via web

# Once you are skinny, maintaining your weight will be easy, but you may need to read the book again to remind yourself why it is so easy. 12:19 PM Oct 30th via web

# Understanding how to lose weight is a lifestyle change, but actually losing weight requires temporary bursts of concentration.

# Seize the opportunity. Don't let another lack-luster day go buy without committing to excellence. Go all you 5-bite dieters! #Diet 1:47 PM Oct 14th via web

My faves :

Become skinny and healthy just to "shock" everyone you know. Why not? It's fun!

Why WOULDN'T you just follow the 5BD through to completion? Its just a few days to weeks of "inconvenience" for a lifetime of empowerment!

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:17 am

I love all of them, I need to follow him! I could use random tweets throughout the day for motivation. How are things going for you over the holidays? I apparently took a break, I'm finally at peace with it, lol. As long as I dont gain, I'm good! Happy holidays!!!!!!!!!!!!!! santa

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sat Dec 25, 2010 6:37 am

3jaysmom
Yes, his tweets are very motivating! Whenever Im down and feel hopeless, I read them and feel empowered again Smile Need to make it a habit to read them daily.

My Xmas Updates
I have gained 1-2 lbs these 2 days ugh..thanks to warm pudding and late night munchies..oh noo...My intake today, Xmas 25 dec 2010

B - 3 bites cake + 5 bites egg & vermicelli
L - 5 bites rice & japanese curry
S - 3 bites choc cake
D - 7 bites dumpling soup + 6 bites tofu

Tomorrow I plan to go strict 5BD again until New Year Smile Together we can do it! My eye on the prize is 120 lbs and finaly goal 110 lbs. Hopefully by January I am 120 lbs!

Even though food and temptation is everywhere, we stay strong! santa cherry

Last edited by Lyra on Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:32 am; edited 1 time in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Sun Dec 26, 2010 4:27 am

Update 26 Dec 2010

Last night I had dinner and supper and indulged. I took 10 bites for dinner. Anyways today I decide to jump back on the wagon because I have a lunch meeting with old college friends and I want to look good. I gained 1lbs and I am optimistic that I can lose it by tomorrow.

Today I am back doing 2x5BD. I do enjoyed the foods and feel happy that I could have good company as well and enjoy. But I don't want to get caught up in the joys and not be able to stop. LOL.

Let's keep going until 120 lbs and ultimate goal 110 lbs! Eye on the prize bounce

B - nothing
L - 6 bites rice & curry
D - 5 bites rice & noodles + 1 bite chocolate

I don't experience hunger pangs this morning LOL. I feel bloated. I weigh 131 lbs now. Hope by tomorrow Im already back to 130 lbs and I want to be 128 lbs by New Year Wink New goal is 120 lbs. I can do it, we can do it! I love you

I notice doing 5bites make food more enjoyable and more flavorful. Eating becomes such a fun experience because I feel so excited enjoying the flavors. And make sure that I eat tasty food on my 5 bites.

When indulging scoffing food on Xmas I notice as I take excessive bites, the enjoyment is not the same. Dr Lewis is apparently right.

Updates
It's 3.49 afternoon now and I want to do some errands. The thought of the chocolate cake in the fridge gives me temptation. I am so hungry. That's why I come here again to read Dr Lewis quotes and keep my eyes on the prize.
I did my errands in my skinny jeans and black hoodie and ..I look good.I just grab it and wear it. No long time in front of the mirror. I really want to reach 120 lbs and I can't wait to experience the bliss of getting ready in few minutes Smile

Last edited by Lyra on Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:34 am; edited 1 time in total

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Lyra's 5BD Daily Journal - Page 2 Empty Another Day Another Indulging..

Post  Lyra Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:29 am

Today is Gift Swapping day Lunch with some friends. I did well..very well in the morning. But when we meet for lunch, the diet seem to get a bit loose.

Here's my intake (27 Dec 2010) :

B - 2 bites cake
L - 7 bites rice & vegetables & chicken
S - 1 glass Caramel Frappuccinno (sharing with friend) , 3 bites fish balls, 1 glass ice coffee (with sugar)
D - 5 bite chicken + vegetables, 3 bites cake

I get the ice coffee for free. LOL. I have to keep dinner at 5 bites. Tomorrow another Christmas lunch day with a different set of friends (college friends). I also have to watch what I eat like a hawk.

I'm glad I pack half of the lunch we have today and bring it home for dinner. i will do the same tomorrow and not finish restaurant food. The portions are usually big, so I'll pack the left overs home for dinner. It's saving cost and also good for my waistline.

I already went so far and lost my weight and I don't want to sabotage myself anymore. After tomorrow, I plan to go back strict and do 2x5bites until New Year's eve. On new Year dinner I plan to keep it maximum 10 bites + 2 bites dessert. On Jan 1, 2011 it's back on the 5BD wagon 2times per day.

To motivate myself, I keep thinking about reaching my goal weight 120 lbs. My clothes will be more comfortable and fit much better. I will look so much better and slender in the mirror. Here are the benefits :

1. Getting dressed will be so easy and such a breeze. Just grab anything and go, and still look great.
2. I can wear simple stuff and mix and match new + old stuff and look great.
3. I can wear my old shorts again and look good in them! Smile
4. More confidence
5. I can save lots of money on clothing and can buy cheap clothes (they are usually in small sizes) and they will look good on me

I also plan to simplify my wardrobe, and keep my look basic chic, invest in monochromatic items.

I remember not so long ago..when I dread going out..because nothing in my closet fits me. I rely on long pashmina/scarves to hide my figure and also over sized tunics. My jeans were so tight and I get muffin tops all the time. Now, my figure is more trim and no muffin tops anymore. I feel so much better and I want to lose another 10 lbs so getting dressed and going out will become a breeze and enjoyable.

I used to dread going out and feel so anxious, I dread opening my closet and finding out that nothing fits. I am on my way to change that. My goal is to fit into my old pencil skirt from last year. Smile It already fits but still a bit too tight. If I am 120 lbs then it will fit very comfortably. cheers

Let's keep going! Don't give up! No binging! No losing control! Keep eyes on the prize sunny

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next