Brooklynn's journal

Go down

Brooklynn's journal Empty Brooklynn's journal

Post  Bsegaar on Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:33 pm

OK, so I just started yesterday, but I've been trying to lose weight for a while. I am not overweight, but I do want to look better. I am 5'2" and weighed in about 2 weeks ago around 128. I'd been hovering around that for months, which is actually awesome since before I had kids my maintenance weight was closer to 136, so this was really progress for me.

Well, now I'm going to Las Vegas, and I want to look awesome! So two weeks ago I started trying to lose. I got to about 124-- not bad! But the reality of my goals is much lower.

Originally, my goal was 115. Now that I'm so close I can taste it, I've revamped my goals. So here they are, with dates for some.

Mini-goal 1 (10/24/2010, day 7): under 120
Mini-goal 2 (11/30/2010, day I leave for vegas): under 112
Mini-goal 3 (18.5 BMI, as recommended on the 5BD website): 101
UGW (my personal goal): 99

So yesterday was day 1. Started the day at 123.6

B: -
L: -
D: 9 bites of chicken enchilada and buscuit, plus about 15 squash seeds (roasted with salt)
After: fruit tea (0 cal)

Day 2: Started the day at 121.6

B: 5 bites of bagel
L: 5 squash seeds (roasted with salt)
D: will be 5 bites of pizza
After: will be vanilla chai tea, (0 cal)

Hope I start out tomorrow below what I was today!!!
Bsegaar
Bsegaar

Back to top Go down

Brooklynn's journal Empty Day 3:

Post  Bsegaar on Wed Oct 20, 2010 4:53 pm

OK, so what I actually ate on day 2:

B: 5 bites of bagel
L: 5 squash seeds, roasted and salted
1 cup of chai tea (not the latte, just the tea, it's 0 calories)
D: 1 small slice of thin crust pizza.

Yes, the pizza was more than 5 bites. BUT, in my defense, the volume was still around the volume of a snickers bar, which is what the 5BD is all about, right? Hooray for thin crust pizza! Very Happy

After dinner I was seriously craving something sweet. So I broke into another flavor of the fruit tea I had bought for DH. The peach flavor. It was good, but not sweet enough, so I added about a teaspoon of honey. I know, honey is not calorie free Embarassed ... but man was it good! and it satisfied my sweet tooth.

I have heard that Day 3 (today) is the hardest, so I'm doing what I can to get by right now. I've already had a cup of coffee, a cup of green tea, and a lot of water. But no food yet. I think dinner tonight is going to be really difficult, but we'll see. Twisted Evil

ANYWAY, I got on the scale this morning and I was SHOCKED to see my weight. When I step on the scale, the way I stand I can't actually see the numbers, just the very tops of them. I have to stay there for about 4 seconds, then step off to see the whole numbers. Well, from just the very tops I suspected I'd made my first goal already, and when I stepped off I was THRILLED to see a 119.8!!! I'm below 120!!! I'm below what I was on my wedding day, and that's the lowest I've been my entire adult life!!! Talk about new incentive to keep going, right??? I'm just so excited! Maybe I really can hit my 112 by November 30 cheers
Bsegaar
Bsegaar

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum