5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site

2 posters

Go down

New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site Empty New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site

Post  kaylastarshine Sun Nov 21, 2010 11:11 pm

I wanted to introduce myself, I am 27, female, living in Tennessee. I found this board a few days ago when I first heard about the 5 bite diet, and I finally decided to join tonight! I kinda think I wanted to see if I was gonna start off on it good before I joined. Smile Well, I started on November 18th, 4 days ago, and I'm doing great! I have done a lot of calorie restriction in the past, along with fasting, but none of that seemed to last long, I would end up in a cycle of doing it, then crashing and deciding I messed up, might as well go all the way, then the cycle would repeat. For quite a while now I have been somewhat indifferent, or at least I was just so tired of dealing with it all, I blocked it out. Well, last Wednesday something in me snapped, I just couldn't keep going that way. It has been worse since my mom died in March, I think, now I just want to do this for good.. for me and my mom, there are so many things we wanted to do together, that we didn't get to, now it is up to ME to experience it all, and more, because I know she would want that for me. The only way that will happen is to get past all that is really holding me back, the weight.

But anyway, so I started on the 18th, and each morning I woke up with hunger pains and nausea throughout the day. That is, until today! It was dead on about the first 3 days being the hardest. Not so much restraining what I ate, I am good at that, once I set my mind to it! It was the physical side effects that, I swear, were trying to bring me down! But I did not give in. And today has been so much easier, much less of those bad effects.

I don't have a scale currently, so I don't have a starting weight, and it is kinda bugging me not having a scale to jump on several times a day.. but at the same time, it's kinda good, because I tend to get obsessed when I am focusing on a strict routine, and sometimes get too wrapped up in the numbers! That being said, I am going to try to get scales as soon as possible, because I will need some kind of solid proof that this is working. I am known to pull big numbers when I focus myself, so I am keeping faith.

Also.. I noticed this morning, some of that bloated, swollen feeling is gone! That in itself is motivating me to keep going, because that is the worst feeling. I may not have any major physical changes in 4 days, but that bloating is almost worse than the weight itself!

Anyway, sorry this is so long, I just wanted to say hi, and I hope to be around here for a while, and successful of course!

kaylastarshine

Back to top Go down

New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site Empty Re: New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site

Post  Lyra Sun Nov 28, 2010 9:22 am

Welcome to the forum!
Wishing you luck on the diet ! Smile I am also beginning again Smile
Im on Day 1 again and feel so nauseous and also feel weak like wanting to sleep all day.
Let's do it together I love you

Lyra

Back to top Go down

New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site Empty Re: New to the 5 Bite Diet, and this site

Post  kaylastarshine Mon Nov 29, 2010 8:01 am

Yea... I'm on day 11 and mostly the nausea and stuff is gone, but I do still get it a little. I think worse than that is now when I eat even my 5 bites I feel very full. Which is obviously great, but kinda weird to feel sick on so little, when you can usually eat probably 5 times that amount! I am doing pretty good, I'm not hungry all that often, sometimes I'm not even hungry when it comes time to eat lunch.. but I have been having a muffin, it is 5 bites, and mostly so I can take my vitamins. I have been taking vitamins since this summer, so I definitely don't want to stop them now, especially since I might need them more on this diet. lol I also take fish oil pills, and another herbal woman's supplement. So I definitely need to eat something because all the pills say take with food. But yea.. I am not doing the snickers thing, from what I've seen most people don't. I really don't like candy bars/chocolate, so I couldn't do that. But I do worry a little because my calories stay under 400, but I really couldn't possibly get much more in for 10 bites a day! I eat just what I like. Lately I have been eating ham and cheese a lot, I usually eat it on bread, but I found after the first time that I'd much rather just have it without bread, because I wasn't tasting it that well with bread, since I'm not getting much. lol I do love my bread.. but I prefer it this way now. So the ham is really low in calories, and so is the cheese. On days I have that, most my calories come from my chocolate chip muffin for lunch!

But yea, I'm just keeping it up, and later on if I feel comfortable with how I'm doing I might up it to 10 bites a meal, but I'm definitely not at that point yet! The other night I actually had 2.5 chicken nuggets (frozen, not fast food).. and crazy thing is, I felt full. I usually can eat 10, plus fries! LOL So yea, that was a proud moment.. lol I was scared that I wasn't going to be able to restrain myself, but so far I'm eating whatever I like and managing to not go over. Thanksgiving I did kinda get creative with my 5 bites, but still did pretty good, but I did feel a little too full after that, so kinda lesson learned.. I had taken a layer of my biscuit, put a bite of ham in there and a bite of mashed potatoes, I did that 5 times. I think it was the bread that was a little too much for my stomach to handle.

Anyway. I can't believe I'm a few days away from 2 weeks. This is definitely the longest I have been able to stick to anything, I plan to keep it up definitely, it feels pretty good, except sometimes my stomach still has it's flips and stuff, but I have done fasts before, and calorie restriction, so I kinda knew what to expect going in, and this has been easier than all that stuff. I just hope it's working, I haven't been able to get my weight yet, and I don't even know my starting weight. But around day 3/4 I could tell I wasn't as bloated, I would love to see a difference, but feeling less bloated is definitely a relief! My ankles were so swollen and never seemed to get better, but this has helped a lot for that too!

kaylastarshine

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:06 am

Kayla I am so proud of you! 2 weeks that's strong will power! Let's do it together! Very Happy

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down