5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Jenny's Daily Journal

+12
starbucks addict
LemonLime
darkshines
kitty
Shawn
3jaysmom
teaismyhappyplace
Koko
Dani
rachee08
Phil
Jenny P.
16 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Re: Jenny's Daily Journal

Post  Jenny P. Mon May 24, 2010 3:43 pm

Totally Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 25, 2010 4:47 am

So...Second perfect day Smile
Breakfast: Coffee and a MV
Lunch: exactly 5 bites of a lean cuisine freezer meal.
Dinner: exactly 5 bites of a Taco Bell burrito (this was tricky because I love these and I know that 5 bites would leave alot. I was worried i would just mow through it. So I put a bunch of HOT sauce on it. i like spicy food but this made my eyes water. I still enjoyed it but it made it easier to stop after I took the fifth bite)

Maybe after tomorrow my tummy won't feel like an empty pit. In a way that feeling is okay because then I know I am on track.....Oooohh I wonder how long I can keep this up without going even one bite over?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  kitty Tue May 25, 2010 9:16 am

Jenny, that's great. And it will definitely get easier again, soon! I've noticed that day 4 was always the hardest for me - so just push your way through!
You can do the 5 bites! But remember that even if you have 1 or some more bites over what you're supposed to eat, you still haven't ruined anything. It's better to stop after 8-9-10 bites then never!!
You can do it!

kitty

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 25, 2010 2:28 pm

Thanks Kitty.

So...I have undone all of my previous damage. Since Saturday I've lost 4 lbs. That puts me at 184 my lowest weight from earlier in month. Today I will have a perfect day again. Maybe by the end of the week I will be below 180. That would be nice. I've already said my goodbyes to the 190s now I want to say adios to the 180s.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue May 25, 2010 3:54 pm

see thats the ticket.
i think when u screw it up, once u get back on the diet you can fix it quick. the weight is not really fat storage yet, its mostly water and the weight of the food itself and its not as bad as it seems like at the start.

with that, im on the same track!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue May 25, 2010 4:03 pm

Sweet! I am happy for you. I think you are right there wasn't any permanent weight gain. And with the loss of those four lbs my guilt is gone too. I am just taking this one day at a time and looking towards the finish line. And I am trying not to obsess over food too much, but then again thats hard when you are on a diet Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 26, 2010 1:21 am

I survived day three without straying from the five bites but in a way I feel like I cheated. I was having a lousy day at work, I could feel the emotional eating coming on and I wanted some comfort food. So I made this totally unhealthy lunch, with white bread, butter, motzerella and italian seasonings then I melted it on the microwave. So it was this like drippy cheesy sandwiche and it was totally delicious. I only took 5 bites but I was like 'this is soooo not healthy'. On the bright side, I didn't binge or snack or even take a sixth bite. Dinner was 5 bites of chili on toast. That was tasty too. So overall I had coffee and a MV for breakfast and then 10 bites the rest of the day. I hope I am down tomorrow despite that cheesy episode. I think my hunger days are about over, I actually felt full after my 5 bites of dinner. I hope it lasts Smile
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed May 26, 2010 2:22 pm

Seriously?!!! I have been perfect for the last 3 days and I was up half a pound today! It must be water weight. It woul be absolutely impossible to eat ten bites and not lose weight. I'll just have to wait and see at the end of the week.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu May 27, 2010 2:42 pm

Ugh, so I blew my perfect streak. last night I had about a 15 bite binge, i don't even know why.
at least this morning I wasn't up in weight. I have a dinner party tonight so I am going to skip lunch and give myself 10 bites for dinner. It will screw with my hunger stat but at least I will stay on track calorie wise. I really want to be down a couple more lbs by monday. I have a going away party on friday and saturday I am seeing an old friend. But on friday I think i will eat something low cal and stick to 2 drinks, with no lunch that day and saturday I think I can get away with just going to coffee, then sunday I will do a perfect 5 bites again. I think I will throw some workouts in there to to compensate for the extra calories I consume the next two days. I totally wantedthis week to go smoother but life keeps getting in the way.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Mon Jun 07, 2010 9:18 pm

I really need to get back in gear. I have taken more days off than I have been on the diet. I am getting sooooo tired of being fat. Even more tired of dieting........
I have been eating healthier food and hubby and I have been trying to not eat out. But I have still been eating WAY too much.
I am devoting to post every day until the end of the month!!!!!
I am going to do this diet!!!
I am really pissed at myself. I have only committed to this diet since april but I have been farting around with dieting since January and feel like I have very little to show for it.

How do you guys do it? I hate being hungry but I hate being fat! I don't know what to do, I am at my wits end. Seriously, I don't really want to throw in the towel but I am getting pretty damn close.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Tue Jun 08, 2010 1:10 pm

stay accountable for whatever happens, i know this kinda helps for me. As i write this stuff on the journal it gives time to reflect on how the last day went and yea although sometimes it sucks, u have to say okay, i did a bad thing- but we're MOVING ON!

u can do this jenny. one day at a time and u can take this monster down. Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Icon_twisted
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Tue Jun 08, 2010 4:52 pm

So after yesterdays post I decided to quit feeking sorry for myself and get to work. So... Yesterday I ran almost six miles and had a modest dinner (I actually ate very healthy food and good portions all day yesterday.) I have noticed that days I have a healthy breakfast I eat less all day and am not nearly as hungry so I think I am going to keep that up.
I also went running this morning, about two miles....I had organic granola for breakfast with some V8 and my MV...

I am 35 lbs from my goal amd I really want to reach it by the end of the summer....

So 5 biting for the rest of today and maybe another run tonight.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jun 10, 2010 11:55 pm

Hi Every one!

Sorry I haven't been posting as much. I have decided to start a blog about my dieting. Hopefully as I am successful it will be motivating for everyone. As I do horribly it can be something to read to make you feel better about your diet Smile

I am going to journal about the diet every day to track my journey. If I stay on track I should be done at the end of the summer *fingers crossed*

I'll still check back here though to let everyone know about my progress and to comment on other's posts.

Happy Five biting every one Smile

The Blogs URL is http://www.5bitestothin.blogspot.com/
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Sharing my great day!

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:04 am

I had a fantastic day. I've been hitting the diet hard and its paying off! I'm down 3 lbs. I ran 5 miles today. The only thing I ate today was about 8 bites of green beans and I wasn't even hungry. Today rocked. I've felt awesome. Yesterday was good too. I finally feel like I'm starting to be on track.

http://www.5bitestothin.blogspot.com/
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  darkshines Thu Jun 17, 2010 4:51 pm

woohoo! thats excellent news! having your head in the right place (or feeling like you do) seems to make all the difference!

i just bookmarked your blog. i really enjoy reading it and find it very helpful/inspiring.

....now only if i could do as well as you and resist this dirt cake....
*sigh* birthdays. pssh.
darkshines
darkshines

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jun 17, 2010 6:05 pm

Oh Yay! I am glad you are reading it. I feel like having readers helps keep me accountable. Guess what after my awesome day yester day I weighed myself this morning andI am down 2 more lbs. I have alot of energy so I am just doing a liquid fast day today plus working out at the gym maybe I can make 2 more lbs by tomorrow Smile . I have a family dinner this weekend and if I can make it down to 180 lbs I will give myself a meal off (but not binge, obviously, just enjoy the meal...maybe 15 bites Smile ). That would be ten lbs in about four days..which would be fantastic. Then after my recovery day I will hit the gym and the 5 biting hard for another 10lb loss week. I really want to be down to 170 by the end of June. My ultimate goal is to reach below 130 by the end of the summer then I will go from there.

Instead of dreading your b-day have you thought about giving yourself the day off? It would only set you back maybe one or two lbs which you could take off the next two days. A two day set back is a small price to pay for less stressful birthday. Just a suggestion.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty My virtual model

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:44 am

Here is me at 190lbs

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Default
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jun 30, 2010 4:55 am

obviously i dont know how to upload a picture
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty Back to square one

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jul 07, 2010 2:41 pm

I'm 190 lbs. I managed to lose gain lose gain lose gain right back to the beginning. So I weigh exactly the same as I did 3 months. What a shame all that hard work wasted. I think I have lost that first ten lbs about 3 times. I really want to be thin but I am honestly wondering if I will ever be able to get there. I feel very fat today.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom Wed Jul 07, 2010 6:02 pm

Jenny, don't give up!!!!!!!!!! You can do this! I think you need to modify this diet to fit your lifestyle. I go strict for a week, and maintain for 3 weeks by doing 5 bite for 3 meals a day during the week, and take the weekends off, but try not to go crazy. Then, start all over again. It took a little time to figure it out, but its been worth it. Try being strict for the weekdays, and take the weekends off. Find any way you can to make it work. I know you can!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Wed Jul 07, 2010 7:51 pm

That is really good advice. Then i have something to look forward to, to keep me on track during the week. Plus if the loss gain averages out to loss I'm at least going in the right direction. I'm going to try it. I did well today. I will keep dinner to only a few bites and tomorrow I will be really strict. Thanks for such a useful trick. I go strong for a few days and then it gets monotonous and then I binge like crazy. Maybe this will keep me from doing that. Smile I'll let you know how it goes. I wish I could have done that with you the whole time. We have baout the same amount to lose but you are way closer than me.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Jenny's Daily Journal - Page 3 Empty a strategy to consider

Post  teaismyhappyplace Wed Jul 07, 2010 8:18 pm

okay- so i dont know if this is going to work for u, but this is what has kinda worked out well for me. I know the 5 bite diet lets u have anything u want as long as its just 5 bites, but im such a loser i cant just have 5 bites and then leave it alone- it wakes up the overzealous crazy person in me and i have to eat MORE than i would normally (i know ugly confession). So after a few weeks of trying really hard on this diet, having lots of good days, and a few bad days (which werent HORRIBLE cuz my stomach was so small from the portion control) i decided that i would just eat healthy. YES i would still stick to 5 bites, since its a great rule to keep u from going too far with things, but i also cut out snacks and desserts, sweets, cookies, cake, muffins, bread, butter, whole milk, refined sugar, pasta, rice, and pizza. I mean on a "good" behaving diet, u should probably have those things sparingly anyway, so im trying to build up good habits. In trying to be healthy- i kinda transitioned to the raw food diet. I know its not for everyone, but it does hurt if on a day that u dont think ull have the mental discipline to keep it to 5 bites/meal that u made a HUGE salad for urself- like lettuce, spinach, onions, peppers, carrots- watever u like. dont add any meat or any croutons/nuts/beans= no high ticket items. The idea here is to have 5 bites worth of calories- but still allow u to sit in front of a HUGE meal, and eat it without feeling horrible about it- think about it- its just veggies, not going to stretch ur stomach, not goign to take u over 150 calories if u stick to the above rules, and ur going to be chewing for like 10-15 minutes and get that out of ur system. Follow that with a HUGE glass of water/no calorie drink and ull have done no damage. I know lots of people arent veggie fans, but give it a shot- add whatever u want as long as its not a high calorie item. Keep in mind- u still have ur 5 bites for dinner that u can have a fish taco Smile

additionally- i still stuck to 10-20 bites per day most days. Days that i know i was bad i took the next day to fast. It helped to quiet the out of control monster, cuz i felt like by eating in a binge manner, it made me lose focus a little and made me make 2 DAYS BAD rather than just the one that i already felt guilty about. That would also mean that for a day im about 900 calories in deficit (probably my basal with the new slow poke metabolism). I also dont work out when on this diet- it realllllly revs up my metabolism pretty high and makes it SO SO hard to control myself. So i figured i would hold off on that till im good and ready and able to give my body the training and nutrition that i have the effort to control.

Im also a bit of an extremist tho, so maybe the all or none idea, is something u can play with, but dont feel bad if u find that its not working out.. i rrealllllly hope that helps u out jenny. You can do this. u really really can.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Jenny P. Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:15 am

Thanks Tea. I'm going to give this a try. I think I will combine your advice with 3 jays mom. On my good days I will stick to healthy food (like the work week) and then on the weekend I will take 2 days off to give me something to work towards and I can have tasty stuff I love..like cheese and bread. Then I will fast monday to restart the diet and then I will behave myself until friday. Hopefully it will work if i can stay ina rhythm like that.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace Thu Jul 08, 2010 12:51 pm

that sounds great. humans are creatures of habit- gotta make them good ones!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil Fri Jul 09, 2010 1:20 pm

oh em gee, everything you all wrote in the last few points seems so helpful!

i've missed u guys lol and have been a little ashamed to come on since im still sitting at square one, that and I have been so busy looking after my dad who has suddenly fallen ill (having like 3 operations on his heart in the next couple months, not being able to leave him alone etc) so ye i've been feeling sooo bad... but i will try to come on here and support you all as often as i can (just dont be upset if i disappear for a while) - sorry for posting this here Jenny (i can move it if u want) hehe

Jenny i know exactly how you are feeling, don't feel discouraged and I have seen your blog and its awesome! please don't give up and know u have our full love and support Very Happy I love you
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next