5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Going Out with Friends... help!

+3
rachee08
hgoldens
Phil
7 posters

Go down

Going Out with Friends... help! Empty Going Out with Friends... help!

Post  Phil Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:33 am

So far I've been good I think all I've had is a fibre bar for breakfast (about 1/2 a snickers worth as it is only 35g and the snikers is 53g) and about 2 spoonfuls of what mum made... Anyway I have been asked to go out tonight with a friend of mine who wants to shout me coffee and cake and I want to go out as I've had no social life in ages and I miss my friend anyywayy... I said I'd go but now am regretting it cause I'm panicing about eating lol... Also my mum was expecting me to have dinner and I was planning in faking that with the 5 bites anyway... I can't fake both (with my friends and dinner... Can I??) unless I tell my mum I ate while I was out ?? Ehhhkk I need advice please!
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Going Out with Friends... help! Empty Re: Going Out with Friends... help!

Post  hgoldens Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:35 pm

My answer is probably too late...how did you do...where you able to fake them both? I would have told you mom you were eating with a friend and then told you friend you hate with your mom. I would have probably ate with your friend since it was later.

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 Thu Apr 29, 2010 1:18 am

I agree with hgoldens!! sorry we're late! how'd it go? tonight was a little bad for me too... hmmm, tomorrow's another day!! ;D
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Going Out with Friends... help! Empty Let's just forget about yesterday

Post  Phil Thu Apr 29, 2010 2:12 am

Lol!!! Thanks for ur reply guys! But... Let's just move on from yesterday :p haha *looks away from everyone at his feet as he twiddles his fingers* lol
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  smog Sun May 02, 2010 2:07 am

Phil, it's so hard going out for dinner on this diet, or any diet for that matter, but this one is particularly hard. If you only ate 5 bites of your dinner, you'd feel anti-social and weird, while everyone else is talking happily and enjoying their meals. You'd prob also get a few funny looks and questions, I think most people prob view this diet as total quackery... Which it is really! Laughing

But hey, whatever works, right? I did really well yesterday, am v proud of myself, stuck religiously to the 5 bite diet, without one single cheat - a sheer miracle! Today's ok so far, no slip ups, just gotta remember not to taste food, or think about it too much, becomes impossible to resist otherwise Wink

I'm down a kilo overnight, which is pretty crazy, water weight I'd say, but better than nothing!

xx

smog

Back to top Go down

Post  gettingsmaller Thu May 06, 2010 1:26 pm

LOL, Phil.
Before, I remember going out to a Thai place, and I ordered the appetizer size of some peanut noodles. I had 8 bites, and asked for a to go box. It was kinda easy to fake with noodles just moving them around a lot. But yeah, going out, I tried to keep it 10 or under.

gettingsmaller

Back to top Go down

Post  maskrene Mon May 24, 2010 12:06 pm

Hey Phil
I hope you will still check this post even thou you said you will move on. I figure your a male... its sound strange to me but I would think a male and a female will need different amounts of food to fill up. Five bites fills me up cause Im small female, but it's still hard and I get hungry, I can't imagine how you do it Smile .

I go out to eat all the time with friends, and eat 5 or so bites.. the trick it to eat slowly lol Smile when your friends are done eating fast, and if you offer to share your food they will love you even more
good luck

maskrene

Back to top Go down

Post  Bereniceperalta Sun Dec 17, 2023 4:15 am

It sounds like you're feeling a bit conflicted about the social plans and managing your meals. It's completely normal to have concerns about food choices and social situations, especially if you're trying to balance social life with health goals.

Here are a few suggestions:

Communication with your friend: If you're comfortable, you can let your friend know about your dietary preferences or concerns. They might be understanding and supportive. You can suggest alternative options like a light snack or a healthier choice.

Enjoy the moment: Going out with friends is an important part of life, and it's crucial to prioritize your mental well-being. Try to focus on the enjoyment of spending time with your friend rather than stressing about the food. You can make mindful choices without letting it ruin the experience.

Flexibility with meals: It's okay to be flexible with your meals occasionally. If you end up having a treat with your friend, you can adjust your plan for the rest of the day. Remember that one day or one meal won't significantly impact your overall health and wellness.

Honesty with your mom: If you're comfortable, consider having an open conversation with your mom about your plans for the evening. You can let her know that you'll be having something out with a friend and adjust your dinner plans accordingly. Communication can help avoid misunderstandings.

Plan for balance: If you're concerned about overeating, plan to balance your meals throughout the day. Ensure you have a mix of protein, fiber, and healthy fats to help you feel satisfied. This can also help you make better choices when you're out.

Remember that it's important to find a balance between social life and health goals. Being flexible and finding strategies that work for you will contribute to a sustainable and positive approach to both your social and dietary choices.

Bereniceperalta

https://hhprocessors.com/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down