Daily Journal

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Daily Journal Empty Daily Journal

Post  Koko on Wed Apr 28, 2010 8:42 pm

Well I have done this diet before, but fell off it. So here I am serious about it. I re-read the book, and if I feel like slipping I yank it out. I did have breakfast because its easier for me to skip lunch then breakfast, but I want to eventually do what Dr. Lewis says and skip breakfast, and if I can skip lunch, then just have five bites for dinner. Today I had tea with sugar free vanilla syrup instead of coffee, and five bites of some soup (college student, not enough time to make something). Dinner today I plan on having Natura Way granola bar (main diet for the following weeks until my weight loss goal is reached).

Just have to stay motivated and positive. My weakness is always at night but I refuse to let it control me.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Daily Journal Empty Re: Daily Journal

Post  Dani on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:15 pm

Welcome and good luck! This is my first time doing trying the diet. I'm on day 2 and so far so good. I know what you mean about having a night weakness. As soon as I get home from work I want to eat something. We just have to stay strong!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  hgoldens on Wed Apr 28, 2010 9:37 pm

good luck...I am on day 4 and it is definately getting easier...night time is my downfall too..I am a bored eater.

hgoldens

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:27 pm

You guys are such wonderful support. I am so happy that I lost 1lb. its a lot in my head lol since everone says it takes an entire week to lose that 1 lb. I used vegetables to avoid stuffing. and I read the 11 day thing. thats what I am hoping for...11 day it becomes a habit.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani on Thu Apr 29, 2010 4:53 pm

Great job on the weight loss!!! Where did the 11-days tip come from? 11 days doesn't sound like much...so maybe it's doable Very Happy

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  rachee08 on Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:03 pm

Well, I tried a diet a few months back , before finding this one and it was calorie shifting (there was a food pattern one day would be carbs, the next proteins, the next only fruits, the next only veggies--those were low cal days, etc.) after 11 days of that pattern and their meal plans you'd take 3 days off and eat ANYTHING you want so your body didn't see it as "normal" and your metabolism get used to it. This was to keep it confused. so your physical body gets used to it, and then in AP psych. we were talking about habits and my teacher mentioned it taking 11 days in your mind for it to become "the norm." and my phys. ed. teacher in HS mentioned it as well... I believe he was talking about getting up and running each morning, and how your cicadean rythem (sp??) would start waking you up ready to go after 11-14 days. So our habit forming bodies that scream for junk food @ 3 pm out of habit can also scream for a work out out of habit if we take 11-14 days to train it! Smile
rachee08
rachee08

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani on Thu Apr 29, 2010 6:22 pm

Nice! I sure hope 11 days works. I would love for this to just become "habit". Very Happy My body and mind need to come to terms with the fact that food is fuel and it only needs a certain amount to be just fine.

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Fri Apr 30, 2010 4:26 pm

I have to start my habit forming thing again. I ended up falling into eating too many poptarts last night. Sigh* but I was still able to at least keep my weight that I lost. Today I grabbed my tea with a little sugar free vanilla syrup (keeps me full till lunch). I also just bought a supplment that is used to help people who fast during ramadan, its supposed to supress your appetite and keep you from being thirsty. I just started today, if you guys want to use it I can report how well it works.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:22 pm

Adding onto my second day. I went outside and pushed myself to walk for 2hours. its just walking but its something. Also those chewable pills are awesome its 12:20 and I am not hungry. at all! usually by now my stomach is grumbling. its weird...I feel like I should be eating something, lol. But I wont. I will wait till dinner for my five bites. Come on goal of 5lbs in one week! Laughing
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Daily Journal Empty hmmm interesting

Post  Jenny P. on Fri Apr 30, 2010 7:32 pm

that sounds interesting. what are those appetite supressents called?
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Sat May 01, 2010 4:24 am

I take it back. I had dinner. I was so stuffed from the pills I threw up. I was hungry but could barely eat. and food tasted bad. I dont recommend it.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Sat May 01, 2010 7:23 pm

Well I lost another lb. yah! except it was for the wrong reason, but I am going to use that as an advantage. I have been so excercise motivated. Did 45mins of strength training and toning. had a five bite fruit salad for breakfast, and like always will skip lunch. and dinner I plan on eating artichoke hearts, and roasted bell peppers. I am so surprised on how much energy I have. I thought I would be exhausted but I guess not. Go five bite diet! Hopefully tonight I can get an hour walk in too, but that all depends on my hw.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Sun May 02, 2010 3:54 pm

I lost another lb. So I am stoked. I actually ate a lot more yesterday (so I was worried). I had two fat free yogurts, my artichoke hearts, roasted bell peppers, an orange, and sardines. See, a lot. lol I did get in another hour walk at night.

Today I am actually really really hungry, but I am going to have my tea first then I will have my five bite breakfast if I am still starving. do 45 mins of strength training, and try to get in my walk tonight.

Adding onto today: its 1:30 and I am not very hungry at all. its awesome. all I had today was two slices of fat free turkey slices.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Mon May 03, 2010 8:42 pm

I gained .8lbs. Almost a pound. i actually ate less then the day before. I stuck to the diet so I am a little shocked about the weight gain, but I remember that my period should be coming soon. So that might be the culprit. It was a little shock factor but I will stick to it, and not get depressed. I woke up and did 30mins of strength training (couldnt do longer because I had to go to school). I had one serving of oatmeal for my breakfast five bites, and for lunch an orange. I am going to skip dinner instead. I want to spend my time during dinner working out and of course stuyding for finals. I am still hoping to make my first weight goal by Wednesday (2lbs more to go). I want to stick to only veggies and some fruit, the only reason why I thought of oatmeal is because it scientific evidence to support oatmeal helps the body from retaining fat. I know we are not supposed to limit foods, but in his book he says the faster you reach your goal then you can go back eating (he really says that).

Tonight workout: 45mins of crunches, pushups, and side leg lifts, and 1 hour walk. That scale will budge gosh darn it! Razz
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Mon May 03, 2010 8:57 pm

Actually , I don't know if you used to read the other 5 bite diet blog, but we did seem to notice that when we did this diet and added workout, we ended up either not losing , or gaining a bit.
It is weird and it doesn't make much sense.....

But I guess since you are lifting weights, your muscles will be building up slowly , and so you might be losing fat weight , but it might not seem like it on the scale because of the slight muscle mass gain.

I mean it's the only thing that makes sense.!!!

In any case, don't be discouraged. It has to catch up eventually.

I'm glad to hear of your experience with doing the 5 bite diet and adding workout because I am afraid to workout and do this diet.
I am encouraged by the fact that you have energy while doing this.

I might try it.

by the way, which appetite suppressants were you trying?
I'm curious!
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Mon May 03, 2010 9:05 pm

Koko, I've been weight training for about a year now, 3xweek for 45 min, and do cardio about 5x week for 30-45 min. I have to admit, I always "gain" a bit the day after weight training, even with a perfect 5 bite day. at first it freaked me out, but I dont want to quit something that makes me feel so good. The way I conquered this was just weighing myself once a week! It will balance itself out, I promise. Weight loss may happen ith the kitchen, but physical fitness and health happen at the gym!! Keep going, you're doing great!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  diet74 on Mon May 03, 2010 9:26 pm

I'm so glad to hear that you guys are able to workout on this diet.

I keep trying to get back on track with the 5 bite, but I also want to tone my body and I was afraid I wouldn't have the energy.

But if you guys can do it, that motivates me to do the same.....Smile

Can I ask if there is anything specific food wise which helps you ? Or do you just have 5 bites of anything?
diet74
diet74

Back to top Go down

Daily Journal Empty I've been thinking of adding excercise

Post  Jenny P. on Tue May 04, 2010 1:07 am

The weight loss is going really well but when I reach my goal I would like to be toned and fit, plus I am hoping it will help keep me motivated and keep me from hitting a plateau. So, I have been thinking of beginning an exercise routine. In high school I used to run a lot so jogging is going to be my cardio. What do you recommend for strength training? I was thinking of free weights maybe eight lbs to start? Some advice would help, thanks.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Tue May 04, 2010 2:26 pm

I was using fasting pills. They are chewables to help supress your appetite. Thank you about the muscle information. I was reading his book and he said you are still supposed to lose weight or else you are cheating somewhere. I pictured him yelling at me. So I felt discouraged but I want to be fit and thin.
I gained a little more today again! Sad But I know its from my period. I always gain or stay steady on weight loss before it starts and partially through it. So I am not going to weigh myself until its over. Which means I need to be very very very stricked. I dont want to find out I gained more weight.

I am actually going to empty out my entire house and lock up all my extra foods in my car so I cant get any temptations what so ever. I will only leave the exact amount of food I will need everday. Its strict but I dont want to fall into cravings.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Dani on Tue May 04, 2010 2:49 pm

I personally like kettlebells and I also use some workout routines on bodyrock.tv

The workouts can get pretty intense, but you can edit them however you want. The lady on there is a good inspiration because she only does those 20-30 minutes workouts about 5 times a week and she looks awesome. Sometimes, I just use our elliptical or maybe lift free weights. I like variety.

I am making myself workout because with such a calorie reduced diet, you are not just losing fat, but muscle, too. I don't want to lose the muscle. Also, remember that muscle burns calories.

I know about the gaining weight with my period. I'm doing that now and it really sucks for motivation. The cramps don't help much either Very Happy

You can do it!

Dani

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Tue May 04, 2010 3:08 pm

i always gain like 3 lbs up to my period and then i lose it a day or so after. and the bloat! eek.

just DONT weight urself, this diet is supposed to make u feel in control and good about ur weight loss, not guilty about failures on an diet that make ANYONE lose weight since its so calorie restricted.

actually its a good idea to use that time of the month as a tool to additional weight loss. the body goes thru a lot during that time, and it uses up more calories. if u can stick to ur diet and not over indulge for that week u should actually lose more weight than other times of the month. Use that idea as a motivator, and maybe afterwards when u jump on the scale ull have a happy surprise Smile good luck!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Tue May 04, 2010 7:42 pm

I love the KETTLEBeLL. I adore mine. I swing it everywhere lol. Its such a great workout. I wish people would incorporate it more. i am trying to get my bootcamp to incorporate it, when I have the full energy to go again. I do get tired but I keep thinking about the results. I am tempted to take a supplement to give me extra energy.

My food is mainly veggies/fruits/lean turkey/salmon/sardines/diet soda/and some times I have a slice of reduced calorie bread (45 a slice). I stay eating healthy so when I can go back to eating large amounts my body wont crave the bad stuff since its been eating healthy foods the entire time. I find once I dont touch bad stuff like my love of reduced fat strawberry milkshake poptarts, I dont crave it. Honestly now I crave fruits and small amounts of meat. Hope that helps with food ideas.

To pick out what weight to start off, is when you go to the store you and lift the weight fairly easily its a no no, but when you get one that you can carry with one hand but it still is some what straining go for that one. Also if you dont want to spend money on weights, since you will go through them a lot (when intensitity needs to be increased), do resistent exercises with (I forgot the name) but its a big rubber band lol. Also if you incorporate walking thats also great. It tones the legs really well and its easy on the knees. I walk everywhere now, if its only an hour away I can walk it.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Wed May 05, 2010 5:12 pm

So I weighed myself. Which was a NO NO. I gained, of course, more weight. More weight then when I started! Sad Which sucks...I had to hide my scale, but that was so depressing.

So for this week so I dont get depressed and worry about weight gain, I am doing a short fast. Nothing extreme, but it will bring me comfort knowing that I wont put on extra weight, and if i do I know it will be water weight for sure. Of course no extreme working out this week.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Daily Journal Empty koko dont stress out

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed May 05, 2010 5:50 pm

just get back on the diet. forget about the gain, maybe its just ur body storing up cuz it had so little calories before and its worried it wont see food again. Put the gain aside and just focus on getting back on the diet, have discipline!! you can do this. just 5 bites at a time and ull see the weight come off.
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Koko on Wed May 05, 2010 8:39 pm

You are right. I will keep on doing five bites. Just have to stay focused. This diet works. I just have to wait until it shows. Thank you. I love this place. It keeps me so motivated in focused. I am going to do just the once a week weigh in now and measure every two weeks. I think that way I can stay focused.
Koko
Koko

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum