dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Stay strong Dmac

Post  Slimw5bd on Wed Feb 16, 2011 12:24 am

It's a learning process. Very encouraging verse. You lost the 9 lbs fast and u can lose it fast again. No worries. This time u will lose 9 and more. Stay strong, u can do it.
Slimw5bd
Slimw5bd

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Feb 16, 2011 3:18 am

We all believe in you Dmac! Stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Re: dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong

Post  Dmac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:32 am

Thanks everyone let's run for the prize we got this no more stumbles Very Happy I definitely don't take offense its motivation
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again on Wed Feb 16, 2011 4:19 pm

Dmac,

I'm SO WITH YOU on the effects of Backsliding. Falling off the wagon -- only to get run over by the wheels!!

But we're ultimately better than that and have an incredible life to look forward to.

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Feb 16, 2011 8:01 pm

Day 3 166.0 ya mark definitely not worth slipping off track if u can help it because u got the wait gained and time loosening that you could be loosening new lbs. just to get back where u where originally yesterday had milkyway for lunch and for dinner normally I won't eat foods that I think are to good thinking it would be to hard to stop but today I had kfc witch is a favorite of mine and its one of those foods that normally when I eat I eat way to much of had my 5 bites and it felt realy good to throw the rest away he talks about that in the book with the buffet but I've never really saw the value in that but it did feel empowering to do so but its alot cheaper to stick to the dollar menu but it might be good to do every now and again kfc is one that I have always waited for a cheat day for. mabe this will help in someway I usually eat things that sound good to me but not that good its a trigger food for me sounds stupid I'm shurbut it did feel good and I'm back feeling and staying strong focused and determined Very Happy I finally feel like I'm back. unstoppable stay strong all u five biters cheers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Congrats!

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Thu Feb 17, 2011 12:29 am

Good job getting right back on track and not getting discouraged! Personally I don't avoid anything. The only thing I want to worry about is sticking to the five bites and I think allowing myself exactly what I want helps. GOOD JOB : )
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:41 am

Day4 164.4 thanks bridesmaid that was 1 of the only things I hadn't dared have and good Chinese food love that to. Today has ben super ez becuse of being bizy with work still staying strong focused and determined

Stay strong 5 biters

Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Feb 18, 2011 10:46 pm

Day 5 161.4 happy with that# but I'm struggling right now I'm sick and I keep making the excuse in my head that I need to eat for that reason but I no I do not and its not going to make it better. It will just delay progress but its hard right now I had my lunch at 10:30. instead of noon and dinner had at 3:30 instead of 6:00 I've stuck to 5 and 5 but like I said I'm struggling. Stay strong 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty i feel ya

Post  bridesmaidslimdown on Sat Feb 19, 2011 3:23 am

Man... I have been struggling today to. lol I've been just wanting to stuff my face all day for no reason! I stuck to my five bites though even though it took everything I had. ! Hope your day got better : )
bridesmaidslimdown
bridesmaidslimdown

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:16 pm

So its Ben a while I was really sick for 3 days I didn't do the diet wile I was really sick just didn't feel like dieting wile that sick I'm still not 100% better but I feel like I'm getting there and I've Ben back on the diet for 3 days :Dfeels good being back and making progress again
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Fri Feb 25, 2011 3:03 am

Dmac,

I'm glad that you are feeling better. I know how it is to try and recover from an illness. You are doing a great job staying motivated. You constantly inspire me!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:47 am

Thanks ready. So I think this is day 6 of 5 and 5 I've Ben really bizzy after being sick and loosening 3 days so the diet has ben fairly ez that and I'm really focused right now I just haven't had much time. But I'm staying strong focused and determined stay strong all u 5 biters Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:40 pm

Dmac,

Staying focused is the key to winning with this diet. You have the right idea. Stay strong!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Mar 02, 2011 8:17 pm

So its day 8 of 5 and 5 and today I broke in to the 150s barely 159.8 but still 150s the lower end of the 160s where hard to get out of but I broke out. now I need to stay focused and get the last few lbs off. And that's what I'm going to to do 155.0 here I come because I'm staying strong focused and determined and not settling for anything short of my goal. Stay strong all u 5 biters Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Thu Mar 03, 2011 3:39 am

Dmac,

I am so proud of you! You are right. Getting out of the lower 160s is hard. I am trying to get out of there myself! Keep focused and strong. You are leading the way with inspiring progress!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Mar 06, 2011 2:55 pm

Thanks so much ready. Its day 12 and I am 155.0 cheers can u believe it I made it and I feel awesome I am staying on 5 and 5 for at least today. Because sometimes I go up a pound for no reason and I want to make shur I am under then I think I will do 10 bites 2. Times mabe10 X 3 times a day for maintenance I think I can eat more than that to stay the same wait but like I said I'm ok going down a little lower but I don't want to go up dus anyone else have ideas about what they will do for maintenance I would like to here them.

So 285.0 to 155.0 for a total of 130.0lbs lost for anyone whom doesn't believe it can happen it can and I went to my doctor after loosing 100 and he said keep doing what your doing and he had never herd of this diet but said I was the healthiest he had ever seen me. He did blood tests and said it was all good. alot of people think this is unhealthy I am soooo thankfull for this diet and this forum I couldn't have gotten to my goal without them and all of u thanks Very Happy stay strong all u 5 biters
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:50 pm

So I said I was going to stay on 5 and 5. For at least today well that hasn't happened. I have Ben celebrating all day so I will be back loosing it again tomorrow but it will come off fast I started with good intentions went for a trail run and stopped at the store to get a drink and some snacks for my family and I saw some chips I had never tried before and thought I'm going to give myself those chips it was just a small bag but it opened the flood gates and I figure its not everyday u reach your goal. But I gota reset tomorrow and then get back to 155.0 or lower and slowly add food because this is not the right way to do it but it's a celebration for reaching a goal and I will figure this out Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty I am So Proud!!

Post  Readyforchange on Mon Mar 07, 2011 2:13 am

Dmac,

I am so happy for you! You must feel fantastic reaching your goal. You are truly inspiring! I can't wait to be in your shoes. 130 pounds is an amazing accomplishment. Please keep me posted on how you maintain, once the celebrating is over! cheers I kow that sometimes you need to celebrate the huge accomplishments that you make in life and yours is a big one.

Thank you for letting me share in your journey. You have helped pick me up when I needed it. You have kept me focused. You are a good and caring person. I am so fortunate to have gotten to know you.

Don't forget us!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty STOP DELAYING!! GO GO GO!!!!

Post  renu712000 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:08 am

Dmac,

Great..now stop delaying....you are getting thin and you are so almost there...I know the same feeling..I got satisfied last week and had my learning days because of it...but got back on and pushed...

Celebrate quickly but celebrate the right way by doing something you've always wanted to do....NOT about eating BUT about something you had on your "bucket list".

We are doing this..So let's STOP DELAYING and let's go, Dmac!!

Way to learn "LEARNING DAYS" and "RESET"...NOW....

REMEMBER the success!!
REMEMBER the feelings of that succcess!
Up until now you didn't know you could do it, NOW you are doing it!! NOW REPEAT that success!!

Its the fourth quarter....TIME TO FINISH STRONG!! Give yourself the best chance to succeed!!! Get going, Dmac!! The crowd is cheering you on!! You see yourself in the stands waving you on to the end!! Go Go GO!!!

cheers cheers cheers cheers

Dmac wrote:So I said I was going to stay on 5 and 5. For at least today well that hasn't happened. I have Ben celebrating all day so I will be back loosing it again tomorrow but it will come off fast I started with good intentions went for a trail run and stopped at the store to get a drink and some snacks for my family and I saw some chips I had never tried before and thought I'm going to give myself those chips it was just a small bag but it opened the flood gates and I figure its not everyday u reach your goal. But I gota reset tomorrow and then get back to 155.0 or lower and slowly add food because this is not the right way to do it but it's a celebration for reaching a goal and I will figure this out Very Happy

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:43 pm

Thanks ready. And renu I need to look at it as my goal to stay at 155 not to get to 155 but that goal is never ending and that's hard to except for me so I think I rebel against it. it is nice to reach my goal but I gota figure this out how I'm going to maintain this 155. But for now I gota get back to that so I can try to maintain I only went off for 1 day but it was bad. If I hadn't done that I could. Be eating a responsible amount. instead of 5 and 5 again I really wish I hadn't dun that I had so much I went up like 13 lb and it didn't feel good I don't understand why I would do that to my self that isn't celebrating its hurting yourself it was like I couldn't stop but I'm back 5 n 5 and I've already lost 5lbs just gota get it figured out I don't want to just go up and down for the rest of my life
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Amazing!!

Post  16Again on Wed Mar 09, 2011 3:55 pm

WOW!!!

Hip! Hip (-to-waist-ratio)!! Hooray!!

Well Done!!

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Wed Mar 09, 2011 4:18 pm

Thanks mark. Yesterday was another 5 and 5. today my goal is to have a little more food without going out of control. I am an all or nothing type. so this is harder than being strictly 5 and 5 for me I am existed to be at this point. but it's more difficult than I thought it would be. I had a small breakfast like 6 bites of a donut in a meeting at work and I almost went into eat everything mode. but I snapped myself back I think I will do 5. Bites at lunch and dinner for the rest of the day its like baby steps I gota have some freedom without going hog wild. I thought at this point it would be ezer not harder but I think its all in my head. I did 5 n 5 for a long time so it might take some time to get this right. but I will get it right my feelings with this are better today then yesterday and whatever point in the game you are stay strong focused and determined it's important to play the entire game. Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Find your bite limit...

Post  renu712000 on Fri Mar 11, 2011 8:41 pm

Dmac,

Dr. Lewis says and my leader also confirmed this. You don't have to stick to five bites for the rest of your life. You can adjust your eating pattern but your body will get use to that five bites then maybe only 10-30 bites during the day are more than enough. They say you just find your "hungerstat" and then adjust your bites accordingly for the week and weekend.

Once you get to your goals then adjust your bites accordingly. You don't have to go back to your old eating habits. For the week you can do 5 bites and then the weekend you can have more bites during the weekend. That's one way I was told. Just know what makes you full and know you don't need to eat many bites or full supersize meals. Your stomach receptors and you will know its more than enough.

Just a tip when you get to those goals. Something to look forward to. Keep going! You are getting thin!

Dmac wrote: Thanks mark. Yesterday was another 5 and 5. today my goal is to have a little more food without going out of control. I am an all or nothing type. so this is harder than being strictly 5 and 5 for me I am existed to be at this point. but it's more difficult than I thought it would be. I had a small breakfast like 6 bites of a donut in a meeting at work and I almost went into eat everything mode. but I snapped myself back I think I will do 5. Bites at lunch and dinner for the rest of the day its like baby steps I gota have some freedom without going hog wild. I thought at this point it would be ezer not harder but I think its all in my head. I did 5 n 5 for a long time so it might take some time to get this right. but I will get it right my feelings with this are better today then yesterday and whatever point in the game you are stay strong focused and determined it's important to play the entire game. Very Happy

Last edited by renu712000 on Sat Mar 12, 2011 11:50 am; edited 1 time in total

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Fri Mar 11, 2011 9:52 pm

Thanks renu I thought it would be better to have the same amount of food everyday but I have had a hard time controlling my hunger so I mite end up doing weekday 5n5 and weekends have the freedom is that what your leader suggests ?Marie had the idea of adding meals in 5 bite increments so 3x5 or 4x5 so on but for now I'm back to 5n5 gota get back to 155 so far when I have more I want more and more I thought if I can stop at 5 bites it will be ez to stop at 10 it has not Ben the case
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

dmacs journal over 100 down finish strong  - Page 4 Empty Exactly how I feel, too!

Post  marie.barber on Sat Mar 12, 2011 8:14 pm

Dmac wrote:...so far when I have more I want more and more I thought if I can stop at 5 bites it will be ez to stop at 10 it has not Ben the case

Dmac, those words describe me exactly! In theory it should be easy to just add a few more bites and be done with it, but for people like us with an all or nothing approach to eating that unfortunately just isn't the case. When I've dieted in the past if I felt restricted in any way I would always end up overeating as soon as I went off the diet; I guess I was trying to "make up" for what I thought I was missing out on.
Like you said in a previous post you've been on 5 bites for so long that you're used to it, but now you've got to figure out the new normal for you- what is the amount of food that will leave you satisfied while still maintaining at 155? Unfortunately because our bodies are so different and unique no one can answer that question for you, BUT through trial and error I am very confident that you will find that balance. We all know that the 5BD is not sustainable forever but our maintenance plan has to be, so it will take much more care and patience to figure out what works for you. Whether you decide to go with adding 5 bite meals in increments, adding bites to each meal in increments, doing 5x5 strictly on weekdays and relaxing a bit on weekends, or even something else entirely, just make sure it's something that you enjoy doing, something that feels comfortable, and most importantly, make sure that you can eat that way for the rest of your life. Dr. Lewis says to gradually add bites until we reach the level that works for us, but the guidelines for doing that aren't as cut and dry as the guidelines for actually losing the weight in the first place. No wonder this part of the program is harder to master! You might need to try a few different methods of maintenance before you find the one that works best for you, but you know what? That's okay. Even if you try one way for a couple of weeks and you end up gaining, you know exactly what to do to get right back down to 155. We're all so proud of you for coming this far, and we're here to support you the rest of the way. Keep up the good work!

-marie-
marie.barber
marie.barber

https://www.facebook.com/your.lovely.marie

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 21 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12 ... 21  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum