MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Re: MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Post  Dmac on Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:42 am

Sounds like your getting your focus back stay strong renu
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Testing out the maintenance..took the week off to test it out

Post  renu712000 on Wed Mar 23, 2011 4:00 am

Since I have been reading some journals talking about "maintenance" even though some haven't reached their goals yet maybe except Dmac, I decided to test my theory out.

I advised Dmac to choose certain days for 5 bites and then take one or two days to eat a certain amount more.

Pretty much works. After almost a week of testing it, the results were no weight gain and I stayed the same weight but actually lost 1 lb still.

Even when I went off and ate a little more, my stomach felt "full" and I had the feeling I already had enough and didn't need more food. I drank more water and green tea during that time as well.

Its all in the mind as my friend told me. Your mind is telling you want but your body is telling you don't really need to eat that much. So here is the tip:

KNOW the difference of actually being hungry versus CRAVINGS. Your mind, the media, and others will tell you one thing but in the end your body will you the TRUTH...You are already full and don't need that much more. IF you still have fat, then your body will use that...SO keep going.

Well, after doing this "maintenance" 5 bite theory, time to RESET and REFOCUS. Got two more weeks to see what I can do with my goals. It would be cool to get the 15-20 lbs because then I am much closer again to my ultimate goals.

Break it down, everyone! Have manageable goals!

Also to those who are new and to those who don't have the book! GET THE BOOK! I don't understand why some who have decided to do this diet have not gotten the book. It will be a place where you can learn and if you have questions most of the time it will be answered there.

I have it with me always to reference to.

Anyways, keep going, guys. Keep it simple! Do the diet right, RESET if you need to, stay FOCUS, REMEMBER the previous success, REPEAT that success and GO GO GO!

Laterz...

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Re: MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey

Post  Dmac on Fri Mar 25, 2011 4:29 pm

Hay renu your advice for maintance has worked for me as well. as long as I can stay focused on not going overboard on the days I give myself a little more I have had a hard time with that it's like I try to fit all the eating into that time. It's like a switch gets flipped in my head any advice on how to tern that switch off ?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Check in...just did maintenance..another test requested by Dmac

Post  renu712000 on Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:09 pm

Well, extended the Maintenance phase testing.

Did 3 days of 2 5 bites (using snickers) and then adding 10 bites here and there.

Results: Maintained weight and loss 1 lb. again. Not what I wanted to do but I was curious because it seems some have struggled. Keeping my focus and knowing that I still have fat I tend to know I still don't need to eat alot. What helps is the medical knowledge, the facts from the book, and my mind frame that my friend helped me with.

Combining that together helps me know I still don't need to eat that much.

I think maybe the other people failing the maintenance are not understanding that you still don't need to go back to your habits. If you know this for a fact, then use that. Also, keeping the mind frame of "up until now I didn't know how eating emotionally will affect me, NOW I do know I don't need the food as a crutch. NOW I do know the media and the food industry gives a false sense that you will starve if you don't eat more. That's a lie. Your body tells you what you need. The media tells you what you THINK you want...Know the difference"

Anyways, its been a cool LEARNING EXPERIENCE. Once I get to that ultimate goal, I KNOW i can maintain the thin image I want! Yes! I am getting thin and took new pics with a famed author and wow...I noticed the difference! I am so happy that just looking at my face I look thinner!

Another motivation with pictures! So keep going, Renu!

Thanks for the comment guys! I'll find others way for maintenance. Stop doing the fast 5...This 5 bite diet is good enough! Stop mixing and matching!! I already asked about this other diet and my friend says I already know this work why are you looking at something else?? So keep it simple...do this diet only and keep going!!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Saturday morning....surprise...

Post  renu712000 on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:13 pm

Checked Saturday morning...what? Loss 5 lbs for the week.

I wasn't sure so I checked three times. Anyways...Sunday morning now...so I am going to keep going..

Got to another goal unexpectedly. Cool!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sun Mar 27, 2011 1:55 pm

Way to go renu that's sweet your on you're way on the fast track to thinness and thanks for the info on maintenance cheers I'm happy to see it didn't seem to slow you down congratulations cheers
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  ababygrace on Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:24 pm

i think that is great for maintenance if you ask me Very Happy
ababygrace
ababygrace

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange on Wed Mar 30, 2011 1:30 am

Renu,

Thanks for all of the information about matinence. It is really going to help when I reach there. It is so good to see how it works. You are the best!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Maintenance and its ok..you can do it

Post  renu712000 on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:19 pm

Just checking in..Had a learning experience Sunday early morning when I was out late.

Anyways, will write more about it later.

Just RESET and REFOCUS for the rest of the week. Its the end of the month with deadlines so I have to be mindful of stress and how it won't bother me again to become an emotional eater. Just need to be more focused and know what to do.

In regards to the maintenance, no worries and no problem, everyone. Hopefully you can find your "hungerstat" maintenance. Just get to your ultimate goal and keep getting thin! Don't let others or issues delay you from your ultimate goals of getting thin!

The maintenance is also a learning experience and a fun part too I noticed. Every time I went over the bites, I kept wanting to get back on five bites because I KNOW you don't need to eat alot. Just know its cravings and not the body saying you are starving. You can still enjoy the meals every so often. I just noticed if you pick 1 or 2 days you still have the rest of the week to go strong on the five bites and still lose weight. If you do that, you still will be losing weight but not at the pace if you kept on doing it straight.

As to some of the journals I have read, don't keep switching on and off...I noticed that doesn't work and from my "learning days"...it doesn't....Just pick one day and then go strong the rest of the week.

I would rather have everyone have one day to just go over a few bites than have them go back and forth like a yo-yo every other day. Its not effective or efficient from my point of view.

Acknowledge the weaknesses and then strengthen them by reframing your mind, emotions and belief. You can all do this!

Well, the rest of the week is calling us..one day at a time. five bites here we go!!

Oh yea...I got to meet one of my favorite instructors last night from Dancing with the Stars. Sweet!! Fun to be light on my feet and do cha cha!!

Anyways, remember, repeat and keep it simple!!

And another thing....checked weight...even though I had an interesting early Sunday morning..maintained and didn't gain weight....whew!! RESET...FOCUS!!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  ababygrace on Wed Mar 30, 2011 5:33 pm

I agree with the going off and on. If you are going to go off, just pick one day. I have a banquet coming up so, I plan on doing more than 10 bites that day but then getting back that next day.
ababygrace
ababygrace

Back to top Go down

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Sat Apr 16, 2011 10:37 pm

wow i just read thru ur forum- very motivation and very positive!!!! i hope that u reached your goal and ur living thin and healthy and amazing!
what was ur start weight? what is ur current weight? dropping all those pant sizes feels awesome doesnt it? im so glad that you are feeding your body what it needs and not in excess and the weight is dripping off fast. Great Great job! Shocked
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

MY 5 bite journey: My insights and daily journey - Page 3 Empty Maintenance and weight loss...Right back again!!

Post  renu712000 on Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:37 pm

Just checking in.

Went on maintenance. Then gained 8 lbs from going to Vegas. Loss it again by going back on the 5 bite. Going back to getting thin.

Most important is to remember the success from before and repeat it. I was happy to lost that 8 lb weight gain. Made me angry that I let myself go. So still have a few goals in mind for an event I need to attend in 21 days. 3 weeks. SO stay focused and repeat the success. Keep it simple.

Keep going everyone til you get to that vision of "THIN" you want!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac on Sat Jun 04, 2011 6:39 pm

It's nice to c u back did u make it to your ultimate goal before u went on the maintenance?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity on Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Congrats on losing the extra lbs! Did you find it hard to jump back on 5 Bite after being off it?
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum