5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I Have Great Hope

5 posters

Go down

I Have Great Hope Empty I Have Great Hope

Post  16Again Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:05 am

I just want to say hello, and thank you all for being here.

Today is the first day of the rest of my Diet. In skimming the most recent posts, I found Dmac's suggestion to make this month a challenge (because it's the shortest month of the year) and I can say I've got a whole month under my belt in the least amount of time. BRILLIANT!!

So here goes.

I ordered the book, but I'm not "waiting around."

I've seen the YouTube video (seven times!). I think I've got the general idea. I mean, how hard could four simple instructions be to follow?

At 5' 11", I'm starting at 235 Pounds -- a 32.8 BMI pig -- and I'm shooting straight for the 155 pounds I was at age 16 (hence the user name). That'd be a 21.7 BMI.

I look forward to getting to know you all and I offer any support I can give.

peace,

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

I Have Great Hope Empty Re: I Have Great Hope

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:32 am

Welcome 16 that is my goal wait as well let's get it dun together let me know if there's anything I can do to help ya Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Wed Feb 02, 2011 4:17 pm

Thanks for the welcome Dmac.

As far as helping goes, just if you see anything that looks iffy, in terms of the Diet. At least until my book arrives.

Like... Do we HAVE TO eat two weeks worth of Snickers? 'Cause I'd rather stick with 5 Bites of Better Protein, and far fewer Carbs ( Laughing Sorry, "fewer Carbs" sounds funny to me, now -- Even if I ate only Carbs on this I'd be eating fewer than I Ever did before, even in One Sitting!!)

Otherwise, Good on you in your progress.

peace, Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:11 pm

No you don't have to eat Snickers that's just to get used to the volume of food it's important to keep the volume the same u can eat whatever u want as long as u get a bite of protein a day just get past the first 3 days and it will get alot easier Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:50 pm

16 also its volume per meal not per day so if u have 3 bites for lunch dboesn't mean u can have 7 for diner
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Wed Feb 02, 2011 6:22 pm

"volume per meal" Ahh,.. Good to know!! Thanks. I would have done some of that transferring (meal-to-meal) I'm sure.

peace

Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Feb 03, 2011 1:16 am

So how is it going so far ?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

I Have Great Hope Empty Hello and welcome

Post  renu712000 Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:00 am

Welcome to the forum!

Really read the book..Stick to the diet..DO the first 3 days the right way.

You don't have to start with snickers..just anything with five bites! just make sure one of the bites is of "good protein". Make sure to take your multivitamin as well.

I've added a few supplements to aid in the fat burning yesterday to maximize the fat burn as well. This is from my knowledge and from another book I read.

Do it right..3 days..10 bites..

NOT a DIET but a whole new LIFESTYLE...The diet is temporary..but understanding that you can always lose the weight when you want to will be the LIFESTYLE...THINK THIN!! BE THIN! LIVE THIN!!

Good luck!

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Thu Feb 03, 2011 4:11 pm

Thanks for your "welcome," renu.

I really can't wait to read my book when it gets here.

I'm sure it will have answers to the few questions that have cropped-up in my mind. Like "Specifically, how LONG between Lunch and Dinner?"

The first day was easy. Lunch at 12:30, and I put off dinner (pretty simple) until 8:00 pm so I'd have little chance to feel hungry (and SNACK) before bed at nine -- I'm up at 5:00 am.

Yesterday (Day 2) and I ALREADY blew it. Lunch at 12:30 and dinner with a friend at 5:00 pm. It was easy enough to eat only five bites of my burrito, and take the rest home. But then by 8:30 I was FAMISHED and ate the rest (interestingly, it was exactly 5 Bites, as well... Still!! Aaarrgh!)

So maybe there IS a recommendation out there to eat "only when you're famished"? or, That Some TIMES are better than Others.

Maybe I'll have to stay out of Social Eating Situations That Change my Timing. I've no problem with the social aspect of eating only 5 Bites and letting others think as they please about it. In fact Iwas Happy to explain it to my friend, but I'd be hard pressed to explain my GIVING-IN to simple hunger so early in this Way Of Eating. But I WON'T GIVE UP!!!

So maybe a couple of tips?

But when I read the book I hope all will be answered.

Thanks again, for the welcome. And Hi, Dmac ('fraid That's how I'm doing Embarassed ).

peace, Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:28 pm

My advice just hop on again and again if u have to. It happens it will get better the faster u can do the 5 and 5 for three days then u shouldn't get that famished feeling anymore. But your doing good stick to it
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Fri Feb 04, 2011 3:52 pm

Thanks, Dmac.

Yesterday was already better. 5 & 5!! This morning I feel I could take on the world!!

I've really got to learn how to navigate this forum so I can see how others are doing and offer my support.

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Fri Feb 04, 2011 4:00 pm

That's awesome mark the journals is where most the action is u should start one so everyone can c your progress sounds like your doing great Smile
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Feb 04, 2011 8:32 pm

In the book, the doc recommends delaying the first meal of the day since breakfast typically stimulates appetite (he recommends a cup or two of coffee for breakfast), then have 2 meals, no more than 5 bites each, at least 4 hours apart. Other than that, he doesn't mention the timing of the meals. I've noticed that some people here have set times for their meals.

When on the 5 Bite plan, I prefer to delay lunch as long as I can stand, then wait until the immediate hunger passes so I'm NOT eating when I'm famished. Often if I'm really hungry, a glass or two of water kills the worst of the hunger. Then I can eat my 5 bites and stop.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Feb 06, 2011 3:27 am

Thanks insanity,

Great point. and the later the better sure seems to make sense.

I'm still waiting for Amazon to hook me up with my book. Until then I'm loving the ready and selfless help here.

Peace, Marc
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra Mon Feb 07, 2011 6:33 am

insanity wrote:In the book, the doc recommends delaying the first meal of the day since breakfast typically stimulates appetite (he recommends a cup or two of coffee for breakfast), then have 2 meals, no more than 5 bites each, at least 4 hours apart. Other than that, he doesn't mention the timing of the meals.
Thanks for sharing this, it's very insightful Arrow

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down