5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Captain's Log: Stardate, 5 Bite

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain's Log: Stardate, 5 Bite

Post  Dmac Mon Feb 28, 2011 4:39 pm

Mark I was wrong wife's vitamins have no potassium just lots more calcium and I did the keeping food boring for a long time it helped me lots get some days together and it bilds up the conference that u can do it and eating the same foods day after day helps because u know u get more later hope it works for u also
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty A Man With A Plan

Post  Readyforchange Tue Mar 01, 2011 12:30 pm

16Again,

Wow! You now have a blueprint for how you are going to make your goals happen. That's awesome! I know that when I first started, I had to sit myself down and actually write down the things that I wanted out of this too. It is good to see your goals in a tangible way. I am proud of you. Now you have even more motivation to get things done right.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty Keep it simple..follow the rules

Post  renu712000 Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:48 am

16again,

OK...you had "LEARNING DAYS"...Now RESET

Why are you gorging and then fasting the next day? Stop...that's not the simple rules he gave in his book.

You can do this!!

3 lbs in 4 weeks? OK...so you self-examined but are you completely honest with yourself in regards to following the rules...You said you weren't taking a multivitamin...From the first start, that should already been part of the process...

RESET...Keep it simple...Follow the rules in the book. Re-read the book or get the book if you don't have it.

Good you are honest in posting your analysis and having your "LEARNING DAYS"

NOW....RESET!!

KEEP IT SIMPLE!!

I posted the rules with the advice from my friend and leader of another group....Copy and print it for yourself..I keep a copy for myself at work, home, and have it on my smartphone to look back on. I all the questions from his book as PDF to re-read on my Ipod touch, Ipad, and smartphone..NO excuse of not getting answers.

You can do it..SO DO IT! Stop delaying!! FOCUS!!

I believe you can do this so have others...

16Again wrote:So, I've had my Ups and Downs/ Ons and Offs. Y'Know, it's really hard to come here with my failings every other day or so, so I've just been silent. Weighed myself this Morning (222.4 lbs) after waking up Friday at 218 lbs.

Gee, could it have something to do with GORGING on Friday night -- then comfortably Fasting all day Saturday and Gorging again Saturday night?

Well, I spent the whole of Today (Sunday) "Soul Searching" and ReSearching. I've discovered some areas I was being negligent in and I truly believe that these discoveries will compel me on to the "finish-line."

For the Soul-Searching Part I spent the morning doing Self-Muscle-Testing (Applied Kineseology) to find out exactly what Weight, what BMI, what Body-Fat % I should be striving for. Going on the Doc's recommendation that we make food ultimately boring, I SMT'd for what One Food I could tolerate for the next few months, for lunch and dinner (using what I've experimented with these last Four weeks as candidates)

SHEESH has it really been almost FOUR WEEKS to lose only !3 POUNDS!?!! -- well, 17 and then gain back four. Where's my Pride?

So I also SMT'd how much exercise I should be doing and what types. A part of me was Very Worried about the Extra Skin flaps (They're called "aprons"... Yuck!)

I was also getting dizzy and having sudden muscle-lapses in my left leg while walking. I did some research and found that even with the standard MultiVitamin the Doc suggests, I've probably been losing too much Potassium and Calcium. So I SMT'd at the Vitamin Shoppe and got some extra Help there. I also Bought a MEGA-type MultiVitamin.

So I'm gonna lay it all out, here (from Self-Muscle-Testing Answers):
  • -- My Goal Weight is 138 lbs. [I'm currently 222.5]
    -- My Goal BMI is 19.5 [I'm currently 31.5] (This truly less important to me than the Body Fat %, if I should gain a lot of muscle -- and, yeah I know the Doc warns against this as an excuse, but, the calculations for my BMI at 138 lbs IS 7%, and I see no reason not to strive for that.
    -- My Goal Body Fat % is 7% [I'm currently 33%]
    -- My One Food will be Banquet Brown and Serve Sausage Links (5 at lunch, 5 at dinner -- that's roughly 640 calories a day) I've mentioned before that Carbs and I don't mix well)
    -- My exercise will begin One Week from today (So my body has Time to regulate to Ketosis and the Potassium reloading)
    -- I'll be doing BowFlex MWF's and bounce on a rebounder (mini-trampoline) 20 mns/every day.

With a little luck, and a lot of directed effort I should still Meet that Challenge for March 19th.

I really want to be chirping-in every day to support you all. I just didn't feel I was in any position to help.

Peace, Marc

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty Renu, You're So Right!!

Post  16Again Tue Mar 08, 2011 1:06 am

Hey sorry. I just re-read my post in your quote of me and I see How you thought I'd written "...3 Pounds" But it was a typo on my part -- putting an Exclamation Point instead of a "1." It was "13" and I'm going up to edit it after posting this.

But that doesn't mean I'm ducking your message, because you're RIGHT. I am ReSet! On track, and on the Attack!

[Just a note though about the vitamins: I don't know how unclear I was but, I was taking a multi-vitamin from Day One. What I was writing about above was that I realized that a simple One-A-Day just wasn't enough for the style (low-carb) that I'm eating, so I listed my more "advanced" supplement regimen.]

Still, thanks for Keeping My Feet to The Fire. Ever Grateful,

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. This "other group" you keep mentioning (the one with a "Leader"), what's That all about? Is that the Doc's "Slimming Station" or some social network thing?

Last edited by 16Again on Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty No worries...my other group

Post  renu712000 Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:50 am

Hey 16again,

No worries..I guess I got mixed up too...

No it's not the Doc's slimming station..I was about to join it but I didn't want to pay $50 bucks a month to join it. Its very helpful because he does contact you and makes you put your money where your mouth is. If you invest the money, that means you better make use of it or you are wasting the money. A great concept of where you are accountable and responsible for your actions. If you pay and don't follow the diet then you will feel the pinch of "MONEY WASTED" especially in this time of our economy.

As to the "leader", it is another group that I was privately invited to. The person I know knows the author personally and has experiences with his own big group. So from Dr. Lewis's book and in addition to my leader/friend, it made my decision to do this diet that much easier. Once I let him know, he personally invited me to an even smaller group than his so that I can get advice from him and others in the group. Its been an awesome experience and if you follow my blog, I am sharing the advice to the rest of you. I am giving you additional techniques and insights to use in your own 5 bite diet journey. Field tested by others and myself in the group and by my leader's other big group.

I know the advice helps since I received them and so have the others. Some have questions my comments here but I don't worry about it because I know it works since I've done them and so have others. Just giving a little push to get everyone to their goals.

16Again wrote:Hey sorry. I just re-read my post in your quote of me and I see How you thought I'd written "...3 Pounds" But it was a typo on my part -- putting an Exclamation Point instead of a "1." It was "13" and I'm going up to edit it after posting this.

But that doesn't mean I'm ducking your message, because you're RIGHT. I am ReSet! On track, and on the Attack!

[Just a note though about the vitamins: I don't know how unclear I was but, I was taking a multi-vitamin from Day One. What I was writing about above was that I realized that a simple One-A-Day just wasn't enough for the style (low-carb) that I'm eating, so I listed my more "advanced" supplement regime.]

Still, thanks for Keeping My Feet to The Fire. Ever Grateful,

Blessings,

Marc

P.S. This "other group" you keep mentioning (the one with a "Leader"), what's That all about? Is that the Doc's "Slimming Station" or some social network thing?

renu712000

Back to top Go down

Captain's Log:  Stardate, 5 Bite - Page 2 Empty Re: Captain's Log: Stardate, 5 Bite

Post  Dmac Fri Mar 18, 2011 2:48 am

Hay mark. Hows things going for ya?
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:08 pm

Hey 16Again,

I'm with Dmac, how are you doing? We miss you!! Reach out and let us know how things are. We are here for you.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2