5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Today's the day

3 posters

Go down

Today's the day Empty Today's the day

Post  blueberryhill Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:50 am

Hi fb friends,

Well, I'm ready. I learned about the fbd several months ago... even joined Dr. Lewis's site... but didn't stick with it. I guess I just wasn't ready to let go of my good friend and comforter... bigbites-o-bigfood! But a co-worker of my dh's was put on it by his doctor and he's lost 35 pounds in 3 weeks. Wait. What?

So, yesterday I was reading some old posts on the forum and one really caught my eye... Dr. Lewis guaranteed a guy that he would consistently lose 10-13 pounds a week. Not just one or two weeks but every week until he got down under 200. He said even if you weighed 150 pounds you could count on 8 pounds a week. Shocked

You mean in 10-12 weeks I could be a normal size? Not 18.5 bmi but normal... size 10-12 in 10-12 weeks? I can deal with that. Yep.

I know it's not going to be easy because my dh and I (unfortunately) find a great deal of our fun, entertainment, comfort in FOOD! And the weekends are the worst. What am I thinking to start on Saturday?! But I have to. No more delay.

Thanks to whoever started this forum. I found the extra long diet-blog posts yesterday and was so sad to see it closed down. But then I found you guys and realized this was started from there. I wonder if everyone made it over? Bigdaddy was such an inspiration.

Well, wish me luck, sticktuitiveness, fortitude and the courage to say no to my dh............... He's planning to do it too but it's hard to imagine him cutting a steak into 4-5 pieces and only eating one sliver. lol! He probably can't imagine me doing that either. Maybe we'll both shock each other.

If anyone is still out there, let's get together and do this thing! Some sort of challenge perhaps?

Ok... start weight 282 (cringe). Today's plan: 5 bites sandwich for lunch & 1 boiled egg or snickers for dinner. Don't savor the food. Eat it fast and be done with it. Find some other entertainment!

Let's do this!

blueberry (deb)
blueberryhill
blueberryhill

Back to top Go down

Today's the day Empty Re: Today's the day

Post  Dmac Sat Apr 02, 2011 1:18 pm

Welcome blueberry sounds like u have a good plan I read your journal post stay strong and focused u got it good luck let me know if I can help you Very Happy
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:20 pm

Welcome Blueberry!

We are here for you. You can do this!!

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  blueberryhill Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:34 pm

Thanks guys... it's going great. Aced the weekend... total shocker for me.

How are you two doing?
blueberryhill
blueberryhill

Back to top Go down

Post  Readyforchange Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:40 pm

Blueberry,

Things are going well. I am motivated and working towards my goals. Thanks for asking!

Stay strong.

Take care,

Readyforchange

Readyforchange

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:12 pm

Way to go ace n the weekend how did your Dh do? About some sort of challenge I might be down for that I had reached my goal a while back and I've Ben going the wrong direction for a bit mabe a challenge would help focus me
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Mon Apr 04, 2011 7:40 pm

Blueberry there's a April challenge if your interested check challenge page.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Post  blueberryhill Mon Apr 04, 2011 10:30 pm

A'righty... I'll be right over there.

Dh did pretty good. He's not eating small bites, by any means. I just cooked him a steak... it's a small one but I would only eat half. It's at least two snickers. But the other guys he's doing this with are eating about the same amount and they're losing like crazy. David lost 35 pounds in 3 weeks and Joe lost 7 pounds over the weekend. They've formed a weigh in on Friday's at work... all doing 5 bites (or their version of it lol!). I'll let you know how the weigh ins go... I'm the score keeper. Smile

I need to have time to read your journals and see how you're both doing. You've reached goal Dmac? COOL! Did you do it all with 5 bites? How much did you lose?

Nooooo.... let's don't go the wrong way. Let's rock this thing!! It will just take a few days to get back in the zone. Maybe the challenge will get us both super motivated!

Way to go Ready! That's sounds awesome!

blueberryhill
blueberryhill

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum