5 Bite Diet Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Thinderella's Transformation!

4 posters

Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Thinderella's Transformation!

Post  thinderella Wed May 25, 2011 1:16 am

Today's my day 1 of 5BD. I've been lurking around this forum for literally ages.. tried it myself on and off, but I feel like its crunch time and I need people to keep me accountable! I did this for about a week in February and I lost 6.6 pounds.

B: 5b fried rice
L: 5b fried rice
D: nature valley granola bar

My motivation?
1. The weather's getting nicer and nicer here in BC and I need to drop the jiggle jiggles.
2. Europe trip in August Wink
3. I want my life back before my Freshman20!
4. This is kinda dumb.. but in about a week and a half, I'm seeing some of my bf's friends for the first time. It would be the most horrifying thing in the world to have to face them at my highest weight.

I've been on a horrible binge streak for the past week or so. I'm scared to step on the scale. I'm probably around 147-150 right now. Will weigh in in about a week. Smile

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 2

Post  thinderella Thu May 26, 2011 12:36 am

CW : 144.5

B: 5b turkey breast
L: 5b fried rice
D: nature valley granola bar

I was extremely dizzy and felt weak in the morning to the point where I was literally shaking. Knowing that I probably can't stand 5 hours of intense compsci lecture in that condition, I drank a bottle of Happy Planet (130 cals). It helped SO MUCH. Plus this is how I can get some fruit in my system too? Wink

Being a college student... Going on this diet really saves money too. I made some fried rice like two days ago and still have TONSSSS to last me forever. That's another reason to stick to this!!

I have a really important exam coming up next Monday..I hope I can stay focused!

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 3

Post  thinderella Thu May 26, 2011 3:31 pm

CW: 143

B: 5b avocado - was also sipping on Happy Planet (140 cals) all morning
L: 8b variety of japanese food (no fatty things!)
D: special k bar

I'm dead serious about losing weight.

Smile

Okay so I ate a little more than expected. I had allowed myself upto 1 bottle of Happy Planet a day, since it made me feel energized and much less miserable, while not necessarily eating SOLID food to stretch my stomach (my logic anyway lol). So that's fine. Although thinking about the sugar content and $$, I should probably start cutting that down. For lunch I went out with my boyfriend and ended up slowly nibbling on a little more than 5 bites so that my boyfriend doesn't feel so lonely being the only one eating hahahaha. At least they were relatively healthy and it was SO MUCH less than what i would've usually eaten. The amazing thing is that I felt full for hours afterwards. Really shows how much I used to eat unnecessarily!

But nevertheless, around dinner time I felt kinda guilty (and still not that hungry!) so I took a special k bar (90cals) instead of what I ate for dinner in the last couple days, nature valley granola bar (200+ cals). I was expecting Day3 to be tough.. I guess I managed Smile

Last edited by thinderella on Fri May 27, 2011 4:08 am; edited 1 time in total

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Re: Thinderella's Transformation!

Post  Dmac Thu May 26, 2011 7:21 pm

Welcome to the site looks like your doing good. way to go keep it up. I'm just getting started again I've ben on a vacation all inclusive drinks and food for a week and I took full advantage of both
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty thanks Dmac ;)

Post  thinderella Fri May 27, 2011 4:11 am

Thanks Dmac! Wow I'm so jealous! I could use a vacation right about now...

It's cool. Right back with the game and we can do this Smile

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri May 27, 2011 7:07 pm

Keep up the good work! I'm also getting back into it.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 4

Post  thinderella Fri May 27, 2011 8:54 pm

Hi Insanity! Nice to meet you. So happy to see another five biter back on again.

CW: 141.0

B: 5b omelette sandwich
L: 5b spicy tuna salad
D: chicken salad croissant sandwich

Also drank another bottle of Happy Planet.

Here we go slippage.. My stomach HURTS from eating so much! Sad the binge has started oh no!

School is becoming way too mentally demanding. I really don't feel all that hungry, but sometimes I just feel like my brain gives up within seconds because I'm not getting enough food into my system? I can't fall off though.. too late for that! I've already put in so much to give up just like that..

Knowing the kind of person I am, if I don't see results right away, I'll quit. Which worries me because after seeing such a huge drop in weight in the past few days, maybe the weight loss will eventually start to slow down. I have to stop weighing myself everyday... but for now it's really nice to see the drop so quickly!

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 5

Post  thinderella Sat May 28, 2011 7:45 pm

Didn't weigh in, also ate a LOT more than I needed to.

One extra bite leads to the next, and before I know it its like BOOM!

.... what do I do now?

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  Dmac Sun May 29, 2011 1:57 am

Just hop right back on the 5 bite and don't look back.
Dmac
Dmac

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 6

Post  thinderella Sun May 29, 2011 10:14 pm

CW: 142.8

B: nature valley granola bar
L: 5b hamburger
D: mango coconut curry with paneer/rice

Considering the food intake yesterday and the dinner before.. I'm pretty happy with where my weight sits lol. Plus today, maybe it's the granola bar in the morning, but I don't feel hungry or weak at all. This is fantastic!

I have an exam to conquer tomorrow. Hopefully my brain will be happy with the 5 bites of food its getting. Wish me luck! Smile

Wasnt even hungry, stress came over. binged. must. stop this.

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 7

Post  thinderella Tue May 31, 2011 9:08 am

CW : 142.6

B : 5b hot dog
L : 5b hot dog
S : special k bar
D : 10b pad thai

Went out for dinner again, ate a bit more, but surprisingly I'm quite happy. The plate looked like it wasn't even touched because there were so much food to begin with. I tried to keep up with the rest of the group by keep eating, but I just.. didn't want to! When everyone else went to get smoothies, I got green tea. I didn't feel deprived, I simply wanted to!

I may not have lost tons but I'm eating a lot lot lot lot less and I feel great. This is only going to get better Smile

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Tue May 31, 2011 9:07 pm

You're doing great! Going out to eat is so challenging, so nice job on eating small amounts.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Thinderella's Transformation! Empty Day 1 - Take 2!

Post  thinderella Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:47 pm

I don't know what happened. I slipped. Majorly slipped. I think it must have partly to do with wanting to be a certain weight by June 3rd, but because I just knew that wasn't going to happen I gave up all together? dumb, I know. Anyway, posting here definitely helps, because it's just embarrassing if you can't stick to it. That's why it's only 7 46am and I haven't eaten anything, but I'm going to commit myself to this diet by writing here... Well, here I am again. Starting Day 1.

CW: 143.6

I have to go out for dinner tonight, and I have 4 dinner engagements in the following 5 days. This is going to be tough.

thinderella

Back to top Go down

Post  insanity Fri Jun 03, 2011 3:32 pm

I tend to have that all-or-nothing mindset also. If I slip, I figure, what the heck and give it all up. I'm trying to be more flexible. I personally haven't kept to 5 bite dinners, but I'm eating alot less than normal, and I think I'm losing anyway. Hang in there, we can do this!
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  16Again Sun Jun 05, 2011 7:03 pm

Hi Thinderella,

It looks like you're doing great with the mindset.

I am curious, though, how you got into the initial habit of "three" 5 Bite meals a day. I mean people need to do whatever works for them and I'm simply not a judgmental guy, so more power to you. Still I wonder if you've tried the lunch and dinner plan, which the Doc recommends, and found it too difficult?

I read that on your Day 2, you felt "dizzy" and I'm guessing "jittery." I can easily imagine that you'd want to avoid those feelings if at all possible. So, I understand. But you might see -- from your Day 1 that you hadn't included any protein bites (unless there was scrambled egg or meat in your fried rice, that we don't know about). Every other day you list fine sources of protein, so that May Have Been the problem.

The dizziness, according to the Doc's book, is a natural response of the body when it's Shifting Over to getting its fuel from our "reserve tank" (our Fat Cells). It's just our body's way of letting us know there's something "new" going on. After three days, the weird feelings go away along with any vestiges of hunger, even at a total of 10 Bites per day (5 at Lunch and 5 at Dinner). I can attest to the truth of that. So if you'd like to give that a try, and don't want to feel the shakes while you're in class, you should probably keep up with what you're doing for the week and give it a shot this coming weekend. Maybe you could sleep-in on Saturday and make your First meal Brunch and your Second meal Dinner. Then sleep-in on Sunday and do only two meals that day as well (taking your Dinner as late as possible, so the next day's Lunch is closer to your "latest" meal). From there, two meals a day should be as easy for you as for the rest of us, and the "dizzies" would be eliminated completely.

Also, if you haven't up to this point, please take a good multivitamin with minerals every day (WITH your First Meal to keep it from "repeating").

I hope this post doesn't come across as intrusive. That's certainly not how I intend it.

Peace,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum