Weight off? How to eat now?

Go down

Weight off? How to eat now? Empty Weight off? How to eat now?

Post  cheeps on Sun Jun 05, 2011 6:56 pm

My dr says after I lose the weight, I can eat normally again and not gain weight. After reading stories here, easier said than done.

I'd like to know what and how peeps are eating when they gain weight back or if you don't gain...how's that happening?

Thank you, Sara

cheeps

Back to top Go down

Weight off? How to eat now? Empty Good Question

Post  16Again on Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:24 pm

I'm not yet one who has reached my U.G.W. so what I have to say here may just be blowing smoke.

Still, to "eat normally again and not gain weight" after we've lost all the weight, as your doctor is saying might be a little bit off-the-truth.

What's "normal" eating, for overweight folks such as us, is precisely what got us overweight and kept us there. Now, if he or she means, eating like a "normal" person who is thin and has no weight-problem, then your doctor would be completely right.

In the book, Dr. Lewis says that what portion-size we'll be eating to maintain our weight loss will be different for every person, but that it will be way more than 10 bites a day.

I know, for instance, that I was losing weight steadily when I started this diet by eating exactly half a Baja Fresh Burrito (in 5 Bites). Admittedly, I have a "big mouth."

Now I'm just conjecturing here, but I imagine that were I to continue to eat two meals a day, of say 10 or 15 bites (a whole burrito with chips and salsa for lunch and an eight ounce steak with a medium baked potato... with butter, for dinner), I'd find something near to my maintenance Portion-amount. Out for dinner with friends, I'd probably eat dessert too (if everyone was having some) and then cut back just a bit, the next day. At least, that's how I imagine thin folks "eat normally."

That AND I'd be carefully watching the scales for the first three months or so, and plan to go-back-to Five Bites immediately to return to my U.G.W. I have this idea that would only take a day or two at most.

I hope some of this makes sense.

Peace,

Marc

16Again
16Again

Back to top Go down

Weight off? How to eat now? Empty Re: Weight off? How to eat now?

Post  cheeps on Wed Jun 08, 2011 2:09 am

It does....

my damn problem is/was eating very BAADD things like homemade caramel popcorn and cake when I got stressed.

I think I'll do a some kind of bite diet for maintaince...but like you said....gotta figure that out.

Thanks for the input....and would love to hear the thoughts of others. Sara

cheeps

Back to top Go down

Weight off? How to eat now? Empty I'm nowhere close...

Post  live_exceptionally on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:02 am

But on a different forum, some 5 biters that had reached their goal weight were adding a bite to their meals every couple of days, to find where their bite limit is. Another good tips I've heard is to have a danger zone weight, lol, some number that if you reach it, you'll 5 bite it some to get back down to a healthier weight. So you don't wake up one morning to have put on 15 kgs! this also lets your body's daily fluctuations not bother you so much...

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

Weight off? How to eat now? Empty Re: Weight off? How to eat now?

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum