Its day 5 and I'm still hungry!

Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty Its day 5 and I'm still hungry!

Post  Shawn on Wed May 05, 2010 10:40 am

Hello everyone,

I'm Shawn and I have been on the diet since last Saturday.
I am 5'6" and I was 146 lbs but as of this morning I am 141.8 on the 5 bite diet.

I was hoping the hunger would go away but it is definitely still there (although somewhat muted).

I drink lots of green tea with Stevis and that tends to hold off my hunger pangs but I
thought they go away after the 3rd or 4th day. I am waiting impatiently for 12 noon so
I can have my 5 bites.

Anyone else have this problem?

I am in the UK so most of you guys are still asleep so I will check back later tonight.

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty Re: Its day 5 and I'm still hungry!

Post  Phil on Wed May 05, 2010 12:36 pm

I'm the same as u Shawn... The hunger can be muted but is still there... I flunked tonight Sad I was great till 8pm and then lost it at dinner >_<

I hope that it gets easier cause I'm still testing my hand at this diet... It's good to have another guy on the forum Smile it's good to have diversity Smile
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty keep tough

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Wed May 05, 2010 1:19 pm

yeah i mean for me the hunger kinda stopped nagging at me after day 3, but i broke the diet yesterday so... the hunger is not GONE, its just not so much a physical response. like normally when ur hungry u get a little headache, ur tired, u fixate on the next meal, and its hard to say 5 bites that it. but after 3 days ur tummy stops growling, and u kinda get used to being less full, and the 5 bite pattern that u made (5 bites at 12:30, 5 bites at 6 or whatever) is a little easier to stick to. i think thats what we mean by "ur hunger goes away". it doesnt really go away, its just that ur body gets tired of whining about it and stops grumbling in ur tummy as much etc. on such a restrictd diet its almost impossible for ur body to not be hungry at all, especially since u are losing a lot of weight very quickly in response.

Best advice i can give- when u have those 5 bites, take them slowly like dont be like 5 bites of a sandwhich and its over in 3 seconds. be like my lunch time is going to be the 5 bite that i have allowed myself, and spread it out. take 1 bites, give it some time, chew it properly, swallow it and give it some time. ull see after about 2-3 slow bites ur actually kinda full. and then take ur 4th bite and 5th if u want, but know that those bites were a little more than u wanted to take, and that u should be nice an full now. this also keeps the binges under control. 5 bites real quick just triggers u to start shoveling the rest of the fridge in there while ur at it. take it slow and give ur body time to tell u that its recognizing that ur putting food in there.

u can do this!!
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty re: still hungry

Post  Jenny P. on Wed May 05, 2010 2:33 pm

Yep even after a week I was still getting hungry.
Jenny P.
Jenny P.

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty Yes now my hunger has been replaced by slight nausea

Post  Shawn on Wed May 05, 2010 3:33 pm

It is good to know that other people are still hungry.
I thought I was the only one.

I definitely have more energy today than in Day 3 (when I was light headed)
but I have no desire to go to the gym or do any exercise at all.

I found that if I make a normal size meal and take my 5 bite serving on a
small plate I am able to put the rest away for another time. I don't want
to throw it away unless I have to but I do understand Dr Lewis when he says
"adding food to your body's already plentiful reserves is worse than throwing
it in the trash."

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Phil on Thu May 06, 2010 12:42 am

The hunger does become more manageable

after about 3 days but doesn't go away... But after the 3rd day your also slightly more focused because you know you have survived the inital 3 days... at least i think thats how i think of it :p

I agree with Tea... When i eat slowly i get full quickly!

if its like last night for me (didn't eat till 8pm - 8:30pm) i just shoved food in my mouth and got no satisfaction... need less to say it led to over eating (not really a binge i don't think)

We will get this Smile just have to wait it out

I think also drinking something (hot or cold) SLOWLY will delay the eating... as you would most likely want to finish your beverage before eating your meal... ?
Phil
Phil
Admin

https://5bitediet.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty Thanks

Post  Shawn on Thu May 06, 2010 10:19 am

I agree that the hunger gets easier as time goes on....

I find that there are longer periods where I am not hungry at all but
the worst time for me is in the evening.

A diet coke seems to kill the hunger but probably since I generally don't drink
any fizzy drinks.

Cheers,

Shawn

Shawn

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra on Wed Sep 15, 2010 11:59 am

Me too..
I'm still hungry..Sad
I'm afraid to take Coke Zero because now my weight stalled at 140

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Post  3jaysmom on Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:23 pm

Weight natuarally goes up and down a few pounds soemtimes. If you just weigh yourself once a week, you wont see these little fluctuations, and you'll feel happier about it. Have your Coke Zero!!

3jaysmom

Back to top Go down

Post  Lyra on Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:01 pm

Today i did a bit of Calorie Shifting and add BF
Surely I will follow your advice, 3jaysmom thanks!
I will weigh myself once a week to see results!
Thans for the support Smile Im so happy..Coke Zero is a real nice treat on this diet

Lyra

Back to top Go down

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Empty diet coke---- the worse (most honest) news...

Post  teaismyhappyplace on Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:08 am

diet coke has been proven to slow the weight loss process and its cuz of the artificial aspartame sugars that are in there which break down to horrible chemicals once in the body which do loads of things, slowing weight loss is just one of them. Of course its got less calories and carbs than normal soda which makes it seem like its good for u, but it forces ur liver to detox all of those chemicals (one being formaldehyde- the stuff that u embalm those dead animals u see in jars in biology labs... gross i know, sorry for that image) all day when it could be focusing on toxins that are coming from the fat that ur metabolizing. ur liver and kidneys get way overloaded with gunk and the system has trouble keeping up with its normal demands and so u dont lose weight the way u should. Also, aspartame breaks into phenylalanine, a totally normal amino acid in the body. But that amino acid is one of the building blocks for other components that have been proven to increase ur appetite- which is the exact thing ur fighting when on a diet like this one!!

Another think that aspartame can break down into is methyl alcohol which slows the metabolism, again halting weight loss and may even lead to weight gain. These are just a few things that im aware of, im sure there are other factors out there that u can google.. but diet sodas are a thing that was advertized as a no calorie sweetner back in the day. Unfortunately u take away the calories but ur substituting with so much other gross stuff u dont need to deal with!!

I know that having ur little sweet treat is reallllly nice- but i would keep it at that if cant cut it out of ur diet all together, just a TREAT. A nice alternative would be to get a carbonator. The good ones are kinda expensive, (there are some cheaper ones out there too that i can attach to a bottle top but i dont have experience with those) but they are a really good investment, especially since u can take some normal spring water, add some NATURAL stevia to it and maybe a lemon squeeze and get a great sprite substitute that is actually really GREAT for u and will only help to clear ur skin and make weight loss easier. And think about it- each soda u buy is like what 1.50-2.00? over a months time ur going to save at least 45-50 bucks in soda alone.

also- i dont have much experience with soda in general- but if there are any that have splenda in it rather than aspartame then that would be a great thing to watch for too... or else u can buy carbonated no sugar added flavored water, not sweet drinks and add the splenda urself.

http://www.idealo.co.uk/cat/9212/water-carbonators.html. Thats a link from the UK on all sorts of price ranges. Hope that helps out for anyone wondering about this topic. Its a common query when dieting.

Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Icon_biggrin Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Icon_biggrin Its day 5 and I'm still hungry! Icon_biggrin
teaismyhappyplace
teaismyhappyplace

Back to top Go down

Post  Morticia on Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:06 am

Really the hunger never goes away. It does get manageable and some can bare it after a bit of time when your stomach shrinks. But your body is suppose to eat healthy so until you are getting once again the right amount of nutrients you will always have hunger lurking about.

Plus your portions must be exactly the same or else you will never truly set your hunger-stat.
Morticia
Morticia

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum