What kind of person are you?

Go down

What kind of person are you? Empty What kind of person are you?

Post  insanity on Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:28 pm

I'm re-reading Dr. Lewis's book. Here is an excerpt that I really related to:

--------------------------------
Indeed, there are only two kinds of people: those who want to lose weight - and really want to lose it - and those who want to lose weight, but do not really want to lose it. Stated differently, there are those who want to lose weight because they want to be thin, and those who want to lose weight because they do not like the fat.

Think about this distinction; the motivations are not the same. The first group wants to become trim and tight. They can picture themselves looking healthy, light on their feet, energetic, looking great, and feeling invincible. They are willing to do most anything to get thin, but have not found a viable way to get there.

The second group lacks that vision. They may perceive their fat as cumbersome, unsightly, and unhealthy, but they have learned to accept and feel emotionally comfortable with their extra mass. These people are searching for an easy way to get rid of their excess fat, but they are not willing to inconvenience themselves, even for a short time, to do it.

I have constructed the following presentation for the people who really want to lose weight. If you are one of them, then you should reach your goal quickly and easily.
--------------------------------

I have been the second kind of person in the past. I have had brief times when I belonged to the first group, but those times never lasted. I wasn't willing to be inconvenienced long enough to fully achieve my goals, much less maintain them. I hope to join the first group permanently. I want to achieve my GOALS, and MAINTAIN them. No matter what it takes.

insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

What kind of person are you? Empty Ooh, Good Point!

Post  live_exceptionally on Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:57 am

I think lately I've been fixated with the feeling of fat. I agree, when you focus on the downsides of your body, at least for me, I start thinking about how long it's been this way. There's a feeling of being comfortable this way because it's always been this way. I think there's also some defeatism there too: while you're thinking about the fat, you're slowing coming to the conclusion that this whole diet thing is impossible!

My new mantra is my name, lol. Live Exceptionally. It came from the 5BD twitter feed, where Dr. Lewis said it a couple of times. I'm using it to help me think of the thin future, instead of my more rotund past. Laughing

live_exceptionally

Back to top Go down

What kind of person are you? Empty Re: What kind of person are you?

Post  insanity on Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:45 pm

Yep, it's so easy to feel defeated. There have been times when it feels too hard to restrict calories, and I wanted to mentally resign myself to just being fat all my life. But then I am reminded of all the potential health problems. Or I look around and see overweight older people and think, I don't want to be that. One positive practice I've started is using motivational phrases for most of my computer passwords. For example, a password could be iLpt5bD, which stands for "I love practicing the 5 bite diet" (not my real password!) So every time I type in a password, I am reminded of a positive thought.
insanity
insanity

Back to top Go down

Post  forever donna on Tue Jun 21, 2011 5:31 pm

I recently became one of the people who really want to lose weight and have been dieting for over a month now, and on 5BD for 5 days. I even hate the word diet because it's all really been a lifestyle change. So far I think 5BD is easier because I'm denied nothing. As someone on tv said "Taste everything, eat nothing" and she's so right! I really want this, and I will have it because that's where my mindset is. There's no falling off the wagon because that's just not an option.
Thank you for sharing this post!

Hugs & Love

forever donna

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum